Michael Vick dog fighting charges

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Michael Vick dog fighting charges

Unread post by se11 » July 19th, 2007, 12:16 pm

i dont know what is going to happen to him, but he fucked up pretty bad. its not even about being suspended from the NFL anymore, he may face jail time. how do you think it turns out for him?

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » July 19th, 2007, 12:39 pm

Killing animals for sport? Wow, good job Vick. I say as punishment they throw him in the ring with those dogs they found still alive.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 19th, 2007, 9:06 pm

This treatment of dogs has been going on forever, with all races being guilty. It's sad that some people look at dogs the way they look at cockroaches, just being able to kill one and go back to watching t.v. I just hope that someday these sports commentators will take human lives in poor urban areas as seriously as they take that of dogs.

I think Vick is just a product of a culture that doesn't value the lives of domestic animals. What else could it be? Who else could watch a dog die in the fashion some of those dogs did? Only someone who's seen it their whole lives, and thus thinks it's normal.

Vick's charges? The feds are holding the 6 years over his head, to get him to rat out the whole operation.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » July 19th, 2007, 9:32 pm

product of a culture that doesnt value lives of animals? thats not the case. we value the lives of animals more than ever, with organizations like PETA and save the whales and all that stuff. dog fighting is a sick and inhumane act and the reason this was such a big deal.

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » July 20th, 2007, 1:27 am

YOU SUCKAS GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH THIS INHUMANE SHIT THERE FUCKIN DOGS. WE COMMITT GENOCIDE EVERYDAY ON HUMANS EVERY DAY THERE WERE PEOPLE IN NEW ORLEANS STARVIN WHEN KATRINA HIT AND WE DIDN'T RUN TO SAVE THEM BUT YET MUTHAFUCKAS WANT TO MAKE THIS A BIG ISSUE DOG FIGHTIN BEEN GOIN ON.

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » July 20th, 2007, 3:01 am

LOL, you aint lying YG.

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » July 20th, 2007, 3:02 am

They made a bigger deal about saving those Katrina pets than the people.

Stone
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Bernardino

Vick is going down

Unread post by Stone » July 20th, 2007, 7:25 am

I'm a fan of Vick's and have been watching him play since his college days at VA tech. From what I've been on the news and read, there's a mountain of evidence proving that he was running and involved in the dog fighting. Everyone knows that dog fight is illegal and if caught you will do Fed time. This is going to be another case of a million dollar nigga losing everything for something stupid.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » July 20th, 2007, 10:20 am

^^ thats true. i like vick, but he really fucked up here. you know its illegal and wrong, your one of the most marketable/popular QB in the league, and you go and run a major ring.

YG, you obyviously don't have a dog or any pet for that matter

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 20th, 2007, 11:25 am

Barbaric!!!!! Barrrburrric!!! Barrrbahrrric!!!

http://www.ajc.com/multimedia/content/m ... ab_newstab

Wow!

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 20th, 2007, 11:30 am

By the way that guy was a former Klansman

Get your priorities right!

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 20th, 2007, 12:08 pm

se11 wrote:product of a culture that doesnt value lives of animals? thats not the case.
So, you would consider the dog fighting culture, which likely numbers in the hundreds of thousands in this country, as one that does value the lives of animals?
we value the lives of animals more than ever,
Who's "we"?
with organizations like PETA and save the whales and all that stuff.
Are Michael Vick and the people he's associated with members of those organizations?
dog fighting is a sick and inhumane act and the reason this was such a big deal.
While a great point, it does nothing to refute mine.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 20th, 2007, 12:11 pm

Y.G. wrote:YOU SUCKAS GET THE fu-- OUTTA HERE WITH THIS INHUMANE SHIT THERE FUCKIN DOGS. WE COMMITT GENOCIDE EVERYDAY ON HUMANS EVERY DAY THERE WERE PEOPLE IN NEW ORLEANS STARVIN WHEN KATRINA HIT AND WE DIDN'T RUN TO SAVE THEM BUT YET MUTHAFUCKAS WANT TO MAKE THIS A BIG ISSUE DOG FIGHTIN BEEN GOIN ON.
That's exactly my point. I do, on the other hand, value the lives of animals. But what concerns me is the obvious lack of concern for HUMAN BEINGS in this country. Great point with Hurricane Katrina, Y.G. You nailed it. A great portion of mainstream America could care less about people standing on roofs and holding signs saying, "HELP US", but let a dog get injured....

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » July 20th, 2007, 1:08 pm

StillNoScript wrote:
Y.G. wrote:YOU SUCKAS GET THE fu-- OUTTA HERE WITH THIS INHUMANE SHIT THERE FUCKIN DOGS. WE COMMITT GENOCIDE EVERYDAY ON HUMANS EVERY DAY THERE WERE PEOPLE IN NEW ORLEANS STARVIN WHEN KATRINA HIT AND WE DIDN'T RUN TO SAVE THEM BUT YET MUTHAFUCKAS WANT TO MAKE THIS A BIG ISSUE DOG FIGHTIN BEEN GOIN ON.
That's exactly my point. I do, on the other hand, value the lives of animals. But what concerns me is the obvious lack of concern for HUMAN BEINGS in this country. Great point with Hurricane Katrina, Y.G. You nailed it. A great portion of mainstream America could care less about people standing on roofs and holding signs saying, "HELP US", but let a dog get injured....
I think the reason people feel differently about animals is because unlike humans, they can't hold up signs that say "HELP US".

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » July 20th, 2007, 1:29 pm

So, you would consider the dog fighting culture, which likely numbers in the hundreds of thousands in this country, as one that does value the lives of animals?
no. obyviously. your a fucking moron if you dont see something wrong with a public role model, of the biggest and most media covered sport in the country, breeding and killing animals for sport. bottom line your a fucking moron.

i am not convicting vick yet, i like vick. but nobody should be doing anything like this. animals are living things too, and although i'm not for save the cows or save the whales or whatever, i don't think we should fight them for our entertainment.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 20th, 2007, 1:33 pm

Cold Bear wrote:By the way that guy was a former Klansman

Get your priorities right!
Wow. If someone walked in on the speech after he mentioned he was talking about dogs, you would have thought he was talking about slavery. Shame

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 20th, 2007, 1:44 pm

Seriously I know the stereotype about how white folks love their dogs like no other... but DAMN

When will one of these southern good ol boys cry like that about human tragedies?

Luckily there's a "special place in hell" waiting for Michael Vick and other dog fighters :roll:

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 20th, 2007, 2:39 pm

EmperorPenguin wrote:
StillNoScript wrote:
I think the reason people feel differently about animals is because unlike humans, they can't hold up signs that say "HELP US".
What's the use of having the ability to hold up that sign, if nobody helps?

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 20th, 2007, 2:46 pm

se11 wrote:
no. obyviously. your a #%@&#%@ moron if you dont see something wrong with a public role model, of the biggest and most media covered sport in the country, breeding and killing animals for sport.
I think an even bigger moron would be the person who accused someone of saying that, even when they never did.
bottom line your a #%@&#%@ moron.
I'm not the one putting words into people's mouths to make my argument look stronger. You are. And, putting words into peoples' mouths, like you are, is more like the behavior of a moron than one merely pointing out that dog fighting is a huge culture in rural and urban America that goes much further than Michael Vick.
but nobody should be doing anything like this. animals are living things too, and although i'm not for save the cows or save the whales or whatever, i don't think we should fight them for our entertainment.
Well, there's nothing moronic about that now, is there? Animals are living things, too. But you're cool with them being skinned and turned into coats and wall ornaments. Just don't fight dogs..

You're hilarious, man.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 20th, 2007, 2:48 pm

Cold Bear wrote:Seriously I know the stereotype about how white folks love their dogs like no other... but DAMN

When will one of these southern good ol boys cry like that about human tragedies?

Luckily there's a "special place in hell" waiting for Michael Vick and other dog fighters :roll:
Southern Good ol boys are fighting dogs, too! In fact, you can trace the origins of dog fighting in America back to them. Not to mention the unlawful kenneling of hunting dogs, where dogs are "destroyed" when unable to hunt well, despite their capability of being perfectly good domestic pets.

The media is now going to try and dump the mistreatment of dogs on the doorstep of Urban Blacks. Don't be the first to fall for it.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » July 20th, 2007, 2:49 pm

this is not about human tragedies or any of that shit. this is about a role model QB in the biggest sport in the country, doing something this barbaric, illegal, and inhumane(and stupid). are all of you people missing the point on this?

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » July 20th, 2007, 2:58 pm

StillNoScript wrote:
Cold Bear wrote:Seriously I know the stereotype about how white folks love their dogs like no other... but DAMN

Southern Good ol boys are fighting dogs, too! In fact, you can trace the origins of dog fighting in America back to them. Not to mention the unlawful kenneling of hunting dogs, where dogs are "destroyed" when unable to hunt well, despite their capability of being perfectly good domestic pets.

The media is now going to try and dump the mistreatment of dogs on the doorstep of Urban Blacks. Don't be the first to fall for it.
Fox News might but the only thing I've seen so far is the media trying to dump this on a spoiled rich QB from the NFL using his money and power to kill animals for his own pleasure.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 20th, 2007, 2:59 pm

se11 wrote:this is not about human tragedies or any of that shit. this is about a role model QB in the biggest sport in the country, doing something this barbaric, illegal, and inhumane(and stupid). are all of you people missing the point on this?
Yes, since the thread is not about Vick being a role model, either.

This thread merely announces Vick's indictment. Anything pertaining to such is fair game and on topic.

Evidently your idea of a thread is everyone discussing exactly what you want to discuss. My suggestion is starting your own thread about sports athletes and their responsibility as role models. That will give you something to do while the rest of us discuss Vick's arrest and everything pertaining to it.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 20th, 2007, 3:02 pm

EmperorPenguin wrote:Fox News might
Fox News is no small news organization. And if the ratings of their "dog fighting a Black thing" are impressive, the rest of the media will follow suit.
the only thing I've seen so far is the media trying to dump this on a spoiled rich QB from the NFL using his money and power to kill animals for his own pleasure.
That being wrong and misleading, as well. I seriously doubt Vick just woke up one morning and said, "I want to see two dogs mutilate each other today". There's much more to it.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 20th, 2007, 3:10 pm

se11 wrote:this is not about human tragedies or any of that shit. this is about a role model QB in the biggest sport in the country, doing something this barbaric, illegal, and inhumane(and stupid). are all of you people missing the point on this?
No, of course what he did was stupid and wrong. And he can blame no one for putting himself in a position where his haters would have something to pull out on him.

The comments on the hypocrisy of those who criticize dog fighting, however, is still real, even if it's a different issue.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » July 20th, 2007, 3:13 pm

StillNoScript wrote:
Yes, since the thread is not about Vick being a role model, either.

This thread merely announces Vick's indictment. Anything pertaining to such is fair game and on topic.

Evidently your idea of a thread is everyone discussing exactly what you want to discuss. My suggestion is starting your own thread about sports athletes and their responsibility as role models. That will give you something to do while the rest of us discuss Vick's arrest and everything pertaining to it.
if this was jethrol the trailor park janitor fighting dogs, this would not make national news. this is michael vick, one of the top 3 most popular QB in the NFL, always under the spot light, who is suspected of killing and fighting dogs. this is why its a huge issue. the league doesn't want its stars doing anything illegal, and this is something people find barbaric. that is why this is so big. 12 cincinatti bengals got arrested in the last year, and none of them(excluding chris henry) had this sort of attention, or the attention like pacman or tank johnson.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » July 20th, 2007, 3:23 pm

StillNoScript wrote:
EmperorPenguin wrote:
StillNoScript wrote:

lol..You killin these dudes on this thread. Good responses...

The wrestler brutally kills his wife and son and I didnt see or hear so much hatred being shown towards him as it's being toward vick...

This vick issue has so much to do with race but many cant be real about it and admit that. And if any of you vick bashers eat meat, what's your opinion about how they slaughter those animals that's on your plates everyday?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 20th, 2007, 3:29 pm

'X' wrote:The wrestler brutally kills his wife and son and I didnt see or hear so much hatred being shown towards him as it's being toward vick...

This vick issue has so much to do with race but many cant be real about it and admit that.
good point
And if any of you vick bashers eat meat, what's your opinion about how they slaughter those animals that's on your plates everyday?
Having them fight/kill each other for amusement and gambling is different than killing animals for food. Not in the violence but in the intent.

But there is a honest double standard with dogs since they are "domesticated" so much. I wouldn't eat a dog unless it came to survival.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 20th, 2007, 3:32 pm

se11 wrote:and this is something people find barbaric. that is why this is so big.
Then why does it take a story of an NFL football player being involved to get people to react, being this barbaric culture has existed for some time now?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 20th, 2007, 3:43 pm

StillNoScript wrote:
se11 wrote:and this is something people find barbaric. that is why this is so big.
Then why does it take a story of an NFL football player being involved to get people to react, being this barbaric culture has existed for some time now?
Because politics is about bs, popularity, and timing. i.e. before they sent troops to Iraq, almost all Democrat Senators and most of the Representatives were behind it, and now that it got messed up all the Democrats are using that to criticize him

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 20th, 2007, 4:06 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:
StillNoScript wrote:
Because politics is about bs, popularity, and timing. i.e. before they sent troops to Iraq, almost all Democrat Senators and most of the Representatives were behind it, and now that it got messed up all the Democrats are using that to criticize him
That would make a great thread in the politics folder, because it makes little sense in this discussion.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » July 20th, 2007, 4:52 pm

'X' wrote:
StillNoScript wrote:
EmperorPenguin wrote:
StillNoScript wrote:

lol..You killin these dudes on this thread. Good responses...

The wrestler brutally kills his wife and son and I didnt see or hear so much hatred being shown towards him as it's being toward vick...

This vick issue has so much to do with race but many cant be real about it and admit that. And if any of you vick bashers eat meat, what's your opinion about how they slaughter those animals that's on your plates everyday?
I think the difference between Benoit and Vick is pretty obvious. Benoit is dead. If he were still alive I'd wish the worst on him too. And last time I checked eating meat was still pretty legal, dog fighting (never mind dog killing) isn't. This thread was about Vick's charges. If people want to start bringing in role models and PETA, and racism that's not my focus. When animals are abused people have routinely viewed it very similar to child abuse. Taking advantage and abusing something that can't really voice it's opinion and is innocent in the matter. I'm not here to get into a discussion about Dog fighting vs. Katrina, or Benoit vs. Vick, or what have you. The point is you're comparing a number of things to each other that have very little connection. I personally see it as someone who's already gotten in trouble a handful of times with his employer who makes an insane amount of money who only turns around and tries to make MORE money off of the killing and abusing of animals.