'Out of africa' theory 'definitive'

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » July 23rd, 2007, 9:47 pm

Amended to read away from the Out of Africa recent single-origin hypothesis. This new one is also a single-origin hypothesis.

[quote="Old Shatterhand"]There are various camps of scientists in the origin of humanity arena. You are asserting the beliefs of one camp. There are others. Research continues and will continue into the foreseeable future. Models change and new ones arise. Already there is a new model being studied which puts the origin of humanity North of Africa and away from the recent single-origin hypothesis.

doja
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by doja » July 24th, 2007, 2:28 am

until whitey fnds his ancestors bones somewhere older than the african ones there will always be "new models" pointing in the direction where caucasoids consider themselves to be indigenous..

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 24th, 2007, 6:57 am

No wonder I've been seeing these around lately

LOL

Also I wouldn't take that ALLAH meaning as anything else than a mnemonic device used to promote looking toward the self as the controller of one's own destiny and to view oneself as powerful enough to make significant change. I think the main point is that too many Christians (in this case black Christians) wait around for, as the NOI call it or him, "A Mystery God", to come and save them. You can bet some people will be sitting around 'having faith' that what they want and need will be dropped on their doorstep rather than understanding that there is no 'divine will' that determines whether they get that promotion, new job, or get into a good school, only their own actions. The understanding behind A.l.l.a.h. as translated to the parts of the body is to remind you that you have everything you need to shape your reality and get what you need, so stop depending on the Anglo-Christian God as a savior. It's not so literal as you make it man.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » July 24th, 2007, 7:03 am

Cold Bear wrote:No wonder I've been seeing these around lately

LOL
lmao

Cold Bear wrote: Also I wouldn't take that ALLAH meaning as anything else than a mnemonic device used to promote looking toward the self as the controller of one's own destiny and to view oneself as powerful enough to make significant change. I think the main point is that too many Christians (in this case black Christians) wait around for, as the NOI call it or him, "A Mystery God", to come and save them. You can bet some people will be sitting around 'having faith' that what they want and need will be dropped on their doorstep rather than understanding that there is no 'divine will' that determines whether they get that promotion, new job, or get into a good school, only their own actions. The understanding behind A.l.l.a.h. as translated to the parts of the body is to remind you that you have everything you need to shape your reality and get what you need, so stop depending on the Anglo-Christian God as a savior. It's not so literal as you make it man.
real shit.

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » July 24th, 2007, 7:25 am

Old Shatterhand wrote:Already there is a new model being studied which puts the origin of humanity North of Africa and away from the recent single-origin hypothesis.
:lol:, i guess ya'll can back it up with things like "piltdown man".

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 24th, 2007, 8:14 am

Cold Bear wrote:Also I wouldn't take that ALLAH meaning as anything else than a mnemonic device used to promote looking toward the self as the controller of one's own destiny and to view oneself as powerful enough to make significant change. I think the main point is that too many Christians (in this case black Christians) wait around for, as the NOI call it or him, "A Mystery God", to come and save them. You can bet some people will be sitting around 'having faith' that what they want and need will be dropped on their doorstep rather than understanding that there is no 'divine will' that determines whether they get that promotion, new job, or get into a good school, only their own actions. The understanding behind A.l.l.a.h. as translated to the parts of the body is to remind you that you have everything you need to shape your reality and get what you need, so stop depending on the Anglo-Christian God as a savior. It's not so literal as you make it man.
I agree that many Christians use their "faith" as an excuse for laziness, but that is based on their view of the religion, not the real religion itself.

And there is no way you can say that our God is "Anglo"... (Anglo means "English" in case some of you don't know)

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 24th, 2007, 8:24 am

I know what Anglo means literally. But once again Anglo has come to be short hand for WASP, or any white male that is from a 'non-ethnic' european origin. And once again I am not speaking from personal view but from that of the NOI's, that views the christian faith as ultimately "the white man's religion" and the christian god as ultimately reflecting the image, views, and ideology, of the White Anglo Saxon Protestant male. It was self-criticism and a urge to reform many black christians who undertook disproportionate suffering and mistreatment by relying on their faith to strengthen them or make them complacent. It was a reactionary approach to put the power of God into the black man's hands as opposed to a 'mystery god' that reflected the will and ideologies of Europeans and white Americans.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 24th, 2007, 9:24 am

Cold Bear wrote:I know what Anglo means literally. But once again Anglo has come to be short hand for WASP, or any white male that is from a 'non-ethnic' european origin. And once again I am not speaking from personal view but from that of the NOI's, that views the christian faith as ultimately "the white man's religion"
"Non Ethnic"? lol. I see, so white Europeans are the blank sheet by which we must all compare ourselves. Because they are the standard; they're not ethnic, the rest of us are.

Christianity started with "original" Hebrew Jews, who the NOI insist were black along with Jesus - blatant contradiction.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 24th, 2007, 9:45 am

Why do you think I put the 'non-ethnic' in quotes man? Are you being slow on purpose? That's how WASPS themselves have classified themselves against other Europeans who migrated to America. Come on you have read history right? You know how the Jewish, Irish, Italians, and even some Slavic peoples were treated as they came to this country by their fellow white brethren? They were classified as ethnic and put on a lower rung.

It doesn't matter who started Christianity it matters who is using it to justify their own attempts at seizing power and maintaining authority over this country's morals, justice system, politics, etc. etc. Why do you think think politics and religion in this country became more inseparable in the current years, after all that work trying to separate church and state? The fact that jesus was semitic has nothing to do, notably, with the current face of Christianity in America.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 24th, 2007, 9:58 am

Let me chill with the comment about you being slow on purpose.

I think we are misunderstanding eachother.

It's not me who classifies certain people (even some whites) as ethnic and others as not, it's society at large. Don't take that up with me as somebody who pointed that out, it is what it is. I don't make those classifications.

Also Jesus being Semitic and yet whitewashed throughout history is a very important aspect of how religious authority translates to political authority and supports or works within racial authority, at least in this country. The reaction to that is what we are talking about, which is taking the authority of the divine right and putting it directly back into the hands of oppressed peoples, what the NOI and NGE was trying to do.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 24th, 2007, 10:04 am

Ya, I think we are misunderstanding each other here

But let's allow this thread to go back to the original topic...

I'm sure something will pop up in the religion section for what we are discussing.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » December 13th, 2007, 8:37 pm

Lol.. sounds like somebody has very unscientifically closed their mind completely.
doja wrote:until whitey fnds his ancestors bones somewhere older than the african ones there will always be "new models" pointing in the direction where caucasoids consider themselves to be indigenous..