5th & Hill arrested

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

5th & Hill arrested

Unread post by alexalonso » September 26th, 2007, 3:25 pm

The neighborhood goes way back, 5th & Hill, located in a busy commercial area, and not known to be a gang with a big name but look what I found on the LAPD website.

------------------------------------
Wednesday, March 14, 2007

5th and Hill Taken Down, Downtown

Los Angeles: The Los Angeles Police Department announced the culmination last February of a major narcotics investigation, which netted 31 arrests, nearly a dozen guns, and narcotics by the pound, including heroin, valued at over $1 million on the street.

"Our target was the 5th and Hill criminal street gang," said LAPD Captain Andrew Smith. "With these arrests, we have cut off the gang's head. Local heroin addicts are finding it much harder to find someone to sell them a balloon."

Local narcotics and gang officers worked for 10 months, focusing on the gang and its leadership. They identified Pedro Sanchez-Limon as the gang's presumptive leader and major supplier; Alberto Blanco, "El Morro," as its transporter; Jamie Chacon Diaz, "Archie," as the gang's accountant; and Abel Flores, "Barbas," as the gang's enforcer. In addition, detectives arrested two women, Lourdes Valdez and Ruth Segura, who processed and packaged heroin for the gang.

Sanchez-Limon and Diaz had been deported previously but reentered the US illegally. Blanco had been twice deported. All four gang leaders have long criminal histories dating back to the 1980s.

The 5th and Hill gang formed in the 1970s from a group of day laborers and transients who began robbing pedestrians near 5th and Hill Streets in downtown Los Angeles. The gang transitioned to heroin sales in the 1980s and has been the major suppliers of heroin in Skid Row and the surrounding blocks since then.

In addition to arresting the major leadership, detectives arrested 25 more members and associates for a variety of narcotics and weapons-related charges. Police seized six handguns, 2 shotguns, and 2 rifles. They also booked $250,000 in cash, 85 pounds of tar heroin, most of it packaged into 45,000 balloons ready for sale. Detectives also nabbed 3 pounds of methamphetamine and 5 pounds of cocaine. The heroin alone was valued at $1.5 million on the street.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » September 26th, 2007, 7:15 pm

I heard they're not Surenos. I've seen that they represent BB. This is in the wrong section Alonso! :lol:

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » October 2nd, 2007, 5:19 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:I heard they're not Surenos. I've seen that they represent BB. This is in the wrong section Alonso! :lol:
why is this in the wrong section. and what does being a sureno have to do with this post?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » October 2nd, 2007, 9:52 pm

This forum says Surenos only, so I figured it was for Surenos only.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » October 27th, 2007, 8:19 am

I think their a pai sa gang. They hit up 5H Pai Sas lol.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 27th, 2007, 6:35 pm

The History of Cinco Lomas "5H" started out around the mid-70's over at that Park on 5TH & HILL. It was formed by "Cholo" Raza that were not quite ALL-Chicanos as yet 'cause they were more Mexican than anything, but they sported the Cholo stilo. In the beginning more than anything they handled all kinds of business from mota to rucas over in them grounds, they weren't so much into beefs with other Varrios, but eventually they had to stand up to Varrios like 18ST that starter to move in on them. Back in them days 18ST did not have as big a presence in downtown as they later did. . Because of most of the 5th & Hill membership was made up of "Mexican" citizenship, and because of the high-class businesses that came up to surround the park ~> these vatos became ever increasingly deported, and many of them landed down in Tijuas were they continue even to these days to establish their connections with those back in L.A.. In a way it kinda helped them out having been deported, because they have been able to expand in their trades of the streets ~> more so than than they ever did in the varrio warfare aspect. That is their expertise, the trades, and they're very proficient at it. . For a time they were suppodsedly the Vatos that controlled the prostitutes in the Main & 7 / 8TH Street block. . The Vatos from Cinco Lomas were the very first to set up camp in downtown. You always had others that came down, but no one before them actually controlled anything in downtown. They were never Paisas "in the beginning" as some would claim, because they were actually more the Border Brothers type. . I know most people can't understand the "fact" that many in the border cities of them times sported the "cholo" style just like Chicanos did. . They were not like the chuntaros that Paisas are portrayed as nowadays. They did not ride trucks nor wore cowboy hats, and they did not wear tight fitting jeans nor big buckle belts. Fifth & Hill original Raza wore khakies and they spoke the calo slang. They understood how things worked here in Los and Califas and they were able to profit off of all their knowledge and connections with both sides of the fence. . HOW ELSE COULD THEY HAVE SURVIVED IF THEY WERE NEVER A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH IN TERMS OF VARRIO WARFARE? That's right ~> because they were Mexican born Chicanos of sorts ~> not no Paisas and not no Chuntaros.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » October 28th, 2007, 3:09 am

NikexCortez wrote:I think their a pai sa gang. They hit up 5H Pai Sas lol.
they are

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » October 29th, 2007, 6:26 pm

What is a Paisa to you Alonso?

willihen
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: 5th & Hill arrested

Unread post by willihen » January 14th, 2009, 7:42 am

Found this 1/14/09

LOS ANGELES — City officials say they have secured a $5 million civil judgment against a Los Angeles street gang and 11 members who control the heroin trade in the downtown area.

City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo and other law enforcement officials announced the judgment against the 5th & Hill gang on Tuesday. Officials say it's the first obtained against a gang in California.

The judgment stems from a permanent injunction that restricts gang members from committing crimes and being a nuisance. A state law allows cities to collect financial damages for harm that gangs cause communities.

City officials say the gang is known to have a monopoly on heroin sales in downtown Los Angeles.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » January 14th, 2009, 9:36 am

^^^ There was a special on this last night on channel 34 (spanish)

I was suprised to hear 5TH & HILL is still active

and slangin like that ^^

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

Unread post by AztecNinja » January 15th, 2009, 9:23 am

They are still around, but they are pretty much about money. One my homeboys who was all smoked out down there was pimpin one of the 5th and hill hoes and he end up getting stuck by one of those paisas behind it.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » January 16th, 2009, 7:53 am

AztecNinja wrote:They are still around, but they are pretty much about money. One my homeboys who was all smoked out down there was pimpin one of the 5th and hill hoes and he end up getting stuck by one of those paisas behind it.
So there are still a mostly paisa varrio ^^

some things never change ...lol

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

Unread post by AztecNinja » January 17th, 2009, 12:59 pm

MARTINEZ wrote:
AztecNinja wrote:They are still around, but they are pretty much about money. One my homeboys who was all smoked out down there was pimpin one of the 5th and hill hoes and he end up getting stuck by one of those paisas behind it.
So there are still a mostly paisa varrio ^^

some things never change ...lol
I think broken ingles, green pants with black cortez are part of the criteria to join.

MiChuhSuh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » January 18th, 2009, 8:20 pm

MARTINEZ wrote:^^^ There was a special on this last night on channel 34 (spanish)

and slangin like that ^^
They slang 24/7. I go through the area once in a while and I have never ONCE failed to see them slanging there. Same people, same place, 24/7, blatant and open. About time something was done about it.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by 282828 » February 17th, 2009, 10:49 pm

i got into it a few times selling down there cause i wouldnt buy from them.. one time when they cought me this foo whistled and like 20 of em came outta fuckin no where and they caught me.. shit was nothing nice.. but they got that block on lock, it was probably the biggest heroin block in america.. dudes would line up all day long. i always wondered if the lived down there. or they just all came down there to work and claimed the block. and i heard theyre in south central and then theyre in nickerson gardens pjs in watts.. and then i even seen 5H hit up in es 18 and they crossed the 18 out.. so they get around.. paisa gangsters

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » February 18th, 2009, 10:54 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:
MARTINEZ wrote:^^^ There was a special on this last night on channel 34 (spanish)

and slangin like that ^^
They slang 24/7. I go through the area once in a while and I have never ONCE failed to see them slanging there. Same people, same place, 24/7, blatant and open. About time something was done about it.

bustin 5H aint gonna do nothing. too many fiends too much money to be made.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”