Westside vs. Eastside?

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
MiChuhSuh

Westside vs. Eastside?

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » September 29th, 2007, 1:16 pm

There was some stuff over which side was harder before mostly because of people like bspg.

I never really been on the eastside (e/s south central, watts) so I couldn't say. I've been through Jordan Downs once about four years back but at the time I wasn't really paying attention to anything around me because I was just there to pick this girl up real quick, and I just got a ride. But the past few weeks I had to go over there, and at least from what I saw, at least in terms of appearance and the environment, the eastside is grimier looking. Especially at night.

I can see why 5 line has the big rep because the place there just feels... wrong. I don't know how to describe it but it just isn't what a human being is supposed to feel like in a residential place. Those barbed wire gates on the south side don't feel like they're keeping stuff out, they feel like they're caging you in.

The first time I was there with no planning of my route, I had that thinking of "just follow the major roads" but I didn't realize compton ave. split off on 92nd and instead of turning left going north, the first time I turned right and got a little lost. Even after I got back on compton ave. the place just felt wrong. It was around midnight the first time I was there and going north on compton, because it's all narrow and stuff, some of the places felt like (nerd alert) those canyons on star wars, like some mothaf*ckas could just jump out of nowhere and leave your body right in the open on the street and no one would know for years. By the time I found my way back to Western it was like going back to civilization.

That was just the first time really seeing stuff there, but even after seeing it in the day, the place just feels dirty (no offense). I've seen the exact same type of dirt in many other places, but even the exact same looking buildings just felt different.

I can't speak on the banging there because that's not why I was there, but as a non-banger I usually don't feel nervous about as much shit because I'm not out looking for people slipping or worried about someone tripping on me but that first night was the first time I felt nervous just being lost somewhere. At least on the westside I could just stick on the major streets and it's all wide open and active, but if some stuff went down on the eastside it feels like it's own little corner of the world.

NYTE_RYDA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYTE_RYDA » October 1st, 2007, 5:54 pm

LOL good job on the analysis poin dexter....

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 1st, 2007, 9:53 pm

NYTE_RYDA wrote:LOL good job on the analysis poin dexter....
Thank you for the compliment devolving australopithecine...

rustone
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by rustone » October 2nd, 2007, 5:33 pm

LOL....

rustone
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by rustone » October 2nd, 2007, 5:34 pm

LOL....
IT FEELS GRIMEY AND WEIRD.BECAUSE ITS CALLED BEIN SCARED

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 3rd, 2007, 12:08 pm

ya, I honestly was the first time.

i guess that's why you're out on st. andrews and manchester all the time

Al_Capone_aka_pNuT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: N. Long Beach

Unread post by Al_Capone_aka_pNuT » October 8th, 2007, 1:56 am

I grew up an east sider all my life. all i know is east side culture from compton/watts/long beach. always felt discomfort on the west side anywhere west of hoover hood...shit seems more tame. i feel out of place naturally not knowing what to expect. though im quite fond of the west...just seem more like upscale shit culturally.

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Beef » October 8th, 2007, 3:36 pm

al-how woul;d you say the culture is different? economically?

Al_Capone_aka_pNuT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: N. Long Beach

Unread post by Al_Capone_aka_pNuT » October 10th, 2007, 1:02 am

Indeed it economical in my opinion. West side cats just got a more laid back vibe in a way that they know tomorrow is promised. But east side cats always on the move, fast pace like we trying to live our whole life in 1 weekend. Its a rat race with no finish line.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » October 10th, 2007, 2:42 am

Al_Capone_aka_pNuT wrote:Indeed it economical in my opinion. West side cats just got a more laid back vibe in a way that they know tomorrow is promised. But east side cats always on the move, fast pace like we trying to live our whole life in 1 weekend. Its a rat race with no finish line.
lol true u feel it everythin east of hoova aint the same ect ect its econimical fo sho

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 10th, 2007, 5:47 pm

You really start feeling is east of main st. and south of the 30's

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Beef » October 18th, 2007, 3:15 pm

[quote="Al_Capone_aka_pNuT"]I grew up an east sider all my life. all i know is east side culture from compton/watts/long beach. always felt discomfort on the west side anywhere west of hoover hood...shit seems more tame. i feel out of place naturally not knowing what to expect. though im quite fond of the west...just seem more like upscale shit culturally.[/quote

al- do you consider cpt to be "the east side" you mentioned long beach in there as well...do you mean just the east side of lbc or long beach in general as the east side? would some actually consider long beach to be part of east south central like they do watts and cpt?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 19th, 2007, 9:27 am

Compton is another city altogether. Watts just gets included because they are "unincorporated" and part of the actual city of LA.

Long Beach in general is more towards the east.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » October 19th, 2007, 9:43 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:Compton is another city altogether. Watts just gets included because they are "unincorporated" and part of the actual city of LA.

Long Beach in general is more towards the east.
yes but u feel more like compton and watts is east side like..... just the fact that its becomin new tijuana over there like in east sc plus north west cpt is really like east sc cause willowbrook or rosewood are claimin east like its sc la
u can feel it ...compton has more gang banger by the square miles than most westside hood its more like watts

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Beef » October 19th, 2007, 9:46 am

i was shocked when i heard another person say they considered long beach "east side" meaning east side of s.c....

watts and cpt i have heard before but not long beach

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Beef » October 19th, 2007, 9:48 am

guess its like how some people consider inglewood the west side...

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 19th, 2007, 9:51 am

Beef wrote:guess its like how some people consider inglewood the west side...
Inglewood is W/S because they are directly south of the W/S of South LA, but they're another city too. But they are westside?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 19th, 2007, 9:51 am

bgcasper wrote:west cpt is really like east sc cause willowbrook or rosewood are claimin east like its sc la
wtf are you talking about?

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Beef » October 19th, 2007, 10:08 am

different people consider different things i guess...

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » October 19th, 2007, 12:23 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:
bgcasper wrote:west cpt is really like east sc cause willowbrook or rosewood are claimin east like its sc la
He's talking about unincorporated areas where gangs claim the West Side, but geographically its like the east side of Los Angeles....

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 19th, 2007, 1:42 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:
MiChuhSuh wrote:
He's talking about unincorporated areas where gangs claim the West Side, but geographically its like the east side of Los Angeles....
Ya, but he said "Rosewood claims east"
Rosewood claims "bompton"

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Beef » October 19th, 2007, 3:14 pm

so would any of you condsider long beach to be the east side? all of lbc or just certain portions that border cpt?

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » October 19th, 2007, 3:31 pm

Ya, but he said "Rosewood claims east" Rosewood claims "compton"

Thats the point!

WS Original Swamp Compton Crips and WS Twilight Zone Compton Crips claim Compton Crips but are not really in Compton, its in an unincorporated area of LA County - considered by many the east side of Los Angeles...

Beef
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Beef » October 19th, 2007, 3:36 pm

does any of east l.a border the east side of south central?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 19th, 2007, 7:33 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:Ya, but he said "Rosewood claims east" Rosewood claims "compton"

Thats the point!

WS Original Swamp Compton Crips and WS Twilight Zone Compton Crips claim Compton Crips but are not really in Compton, its in an unincorporated area of LA County - considered by many the east side of Los Angeles...
miscommunication here - I know it's not really part of "Compton" anymore and it's really just unincorporated e/s

but they never "claim" e/s as their own, they will say "w/s b/compton" before they will say e/s anything.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » October 20th, 2007, 10:18 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:
AllhoodPublications wrote:Ya, but he said "Rosewood claims east" Rosewood claims "compton"

Thats the point!

miscommunication here - I know it's not really part of "Compton" anymore and it's really just unincorporated e/s

but they never "claim" e/s as their own, they will say "w/s b/compton" before they will say e/s anything.
:shock:
like village townn and fruit town :shock: :shock: lolol man go over there and take few grafiti pics again
man carver parc claim east and compton but are actually west man...the list goes on front hood six hood
those hood are west cpt but claim east as they are east of main street they claim sc la side and cpt at the same time
the main example is east side fruit town knowin most of their hood is west cpt
to me north long beach from o hood to blvd mafia down to bric bloc look east
but the rest dont thats a personal point of view

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » October 20th, 2007, 10:19 am

even athen parc got a west and an east side but all their hood is west of compton

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » October 20th, 2007, 3:44 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:miscommunication here - they never "claim" e/s as their own, they will say "w/s b/compton" before they will say e/s anything.
False.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » October 21st, 2007, 8:43 am

AllhoodPublications wrote:
MiChuhSuh wrote:miscommunication here - they never "claim" e/s as their own, they will say "w/s b/compton" before they will say e/s anything.
False.
YEAH false lol WTF????

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » October 21st, 2007, 1:52 pm

bgcasper wrote:
MiChuhSuh wrote:

Thats the point!

like village townn and fruit town :shock: :shock: lolol man go over there and take few grafiti pics again
man carver parc claim east and compton but are actually west man...the list goes on front hood six hood
those hood are west cpt but claim east as they are east of main street they claim sc la side and cpt at the same time
I'm talking about Rosewood here, not hood that are actually in Compton.

FTP is in Compton and but they only claim e/s because of TTP.

NYTE_RYDA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYTE_RYDA » October 21st, 2007, 6:16 pm

LOL you do the most homie. For some nerdy ass korean dude who claims he doesn't like violence,gangs or anything that goes with it, your sure do seem like a fan of this shit. Constantly asking questions, bitching about the crimes that gangs commit and how horrible shit is but loving this shit at the same time.....make up your mind "End Violence Now".

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » October 22nd, 2007, 6:38 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:
bgcasper wrote:
MiChuhSuh wrote:

Thats the point!

I'm talking about Rosewood here, not hood that are actually in Compton.

FTP is in Compton and but they only claim e/s because of TTP.
wtf :shock: talk about what u know here man wtf
actually u really dont know shit
fruit town were the original east side pirus and they actually had a portion of piru street inside their hood
and it was back in the days part of willowbrook when aranbee crosses piru st its east side piru on the street sign lolol and since piru origina memeber was on west side piru territory from elva to central south of centennial but a gang of ogs was also livin in the town so the town was actually more claimin east side cause their art of piru street was eastside piru followin willowbrooks side who was followin sc la side
now keep your wtf shit and learn cause at that time tree top was still tree top trojans

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”