Do Taggers Krews have "G" rules & Cliques?

From tagging to piecing to gang graffiti to clothing styles to the art of tattoos.
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » July 13th, 2004, 1:50 pm

Most Old Barrio Gangs have sets of rules that all in the gang live by to a degree, when some Homeboy breaks the rules, He can be diciplined by His clique or an Older clique, up to and even checking Him out of the Gang. The next part of my question is about some Tagger Krews having large territories that they operate in, and some have turned into Gangs / Barrios with different Sides & Cliques, so do they have sets / cliques before they turn into a gang? THERE'S SO MANY KREWS OUT THERE THAT I CAN'T AND WON'T KEEP UP WITH THEM, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY KEEP CHANGING THEIR NAMES WITH THE SAME TAG INITIALS!

YOUNG1_ASEK
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Do Taggers Krews have "G" rules & Cliques?

Unread post by YOUNG1_ASEK » July 27th, 2004, 8:03 pm

well rules. iono bout that but u got like a standard u know. the krews ive been in have all been down for there shit. like if sum foo hits u up askin what u write. u tell him wsup u know. dont be a bitch cuz ive had whole krews come up to me n shit n ask me wsup. so u gotta rep ur krew just like the gangster bang there gang. wat else. well depends wut kinda krew it is. like ive seen krews who will striaght jump u for n e reason. n ive seen other krews who just write u know. but rules like a gang probably not but like "dont write on ur backpack or anything at skool" lil shit like that just to aviod the skool bringin attention on u and then the krew. ive seen skools tear apart whole krews cuz the foos got sloppy n started writtin on there folders n shit u know? late

jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by jae » July 28th, 2005, 12:37 pm

I've never known taggers to operate in that manner. If they are REALLY about the writing, and not just about the "crew" sense of it, then they will for surely just operate as a tagging crew. No cliques, no rules. Just you and your boys get together to tag/bomb/ whatever... Only time real writers have problems is when someone crosses them out, and if they are really about the "graffiti war", it's only about who gets up the most. A tag war was completely about which crew can tag up the most stuff. usually like in a week or something. there would be like a set amount of days that you would have to hit up stuff, and whoever had the most stuff hit up, with good peices, won the battle between crews. that was it. there was no fighting, no killing, no weapons, other than your can. Now, all these toy fools are killing the essence. Just trying to belong to something. And i still dont take "taggers turned gangsters" seriously. I dont care if they do get violent, they are still a joke to me. Real taggers are all about the get up. nothing else. You used to have to write good to get in a crew, now i see all these toy crews, and writers out there. Just sloppy...

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » July 28th, 2005, 2:41 pm

jae wrote: And i still dont take "taggers turned gangsters" seriously. I dont care if they do get violent, they are still a joke to me. Real taggers are all about the get up. nothing else. You used to have to write good to get in a crew, now i see all these toy crews, and writers out there. Just sloppy...
Damn homeboy, your disrespecting alot of real varrios, especially mine, with that comment. If your talking about all these newbootys trying to bang, then I can agree with you but not if your talking about the ol' skool crews that put in major trabajo. Back in the days it was different for taggers with the whole g-light thing. Either way we were real taggers back then and we've been real gangsters since.

kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe » July 28th, 2005, 4:25 pm

Oh jae, you are fucced now. BIGG LISTO is with the Surenos.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » July 28th, 2005, 4:30 pm

jae wrote:I've never known taggers to operate in that manner. If they are REALLY about the writing, and not just about the "crew" sense of it, then they will for surely just operate as a tagging crew. No cliques, no rules. Just you and your boys get together to tag/bomb/ whatever... Only time real writers have problems is when someone crosses them out, and if they are really about the "graffiti war", it's only about who gets up the most. A tag war was completely about which crew can tag up the most stuff. usually like in a week or something. there would be like a set amount of days that you would have to hit up stuff, and whoever had the most stuff hit up, with good peices, won the battle between crews. that was it. there was no fighting, no killing, no weapons, other than your can. Now, all these toy fools are killing the essence. Just trying to belong to something. And i still dont take "taggers turned gangsters" seriously. I dont care if they do get violent, they are still a joke to me. Real taggers are all about the get up. nothing else. You used to have to write good to get in a crew, now i see all these toy crews, and writers out there. Just sloppy...

alot of what your saying is true. I used to be ivolved with all that shit too and alot of gangsters dont always understand how it works because they see tagging crews as a joke only because they think their lil wannabe gangs and like I said before..some are but thats not what its about. in the graffiti world..I remember voilence was looked at as being weak. now I know that sounds stupid but usaully the first crews who started fighting and shooting were the ones with no skills with a can, so they had to make up for their wack style with violence. but I have seen some real tagger crews turn into varrios before, it doesnt always mean their a joke..every gang has to start somewhere...but back to the topic, yes some crews have rules and some dont. some crews dont allow you to even tell anyone that your from a crew or you cant tell anyone what you write..everything has to be a secret. the less people that know what you write the less chance of getting caught. but of course theirs other crews that have almost no rules. but I have never heard of crews having clicks before they turned into a hood. I know some crews have became a click for another hood though.

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » July 29th, 2005, 7:36 pm

kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe wrote:Oh jae, you are fucced now. BIGG LISTO is with the Surenos.
Check this out homie, keep your sarcastic comments to yourself. Stop trying to instigate shit.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » July 30th, 2005, 5:00 pm

Back to the question at hand.

When I drifted away from the streets, there weren't many taggers around. The few that were around were still imitating the East Coast style (at least those few people who I knew), and forming crews was in its infancy. Therefore I never really gor the feel for how they organized themselves, that is the reason for my question. Especially for those that turned into Varrios or Sureño Gangs. But all replies on the topic are welcomed.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » August 1st, 2005, 1:19 pm

When a tagging crew becomes a gang they usually reinvent themselves. They may change the name but keep the same initials like for example. ATC - Addicted To Crime then Alley Tiny Criminals. Once they become a gang they usually follow the standard cholo traditions more or less.

BUSER1

Unread post by BUSER1 » August 15th, 2005, 2:22 am

IN MY HOOD IS ALL ABOUT CREWBANGING AND IF YOU AINT DOWN YOU AINT SHIT AND IF YOU GET CAUGHT TAGGING SOMEWERE YOUR NOT SUPPOSE 2 YOUR GONE HOMIE JUST LIKE THAT SO THIS TAGGING SHIT IS SERIOUS SO DONT GET IT MIXED UP DONT GO SOMEWERE IN L.A AND TAG SOMETHING HOMIE YOULL FOR SURE GET BLASTED OR JUMPED...AND IM OUT SAP KREW ALL SAY EVERYDAY >>>>BUSER UNO

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » July 7th, 2007, 4:19 pm

Looks like Krew banging is still very much alive in this new millenia . . .

I see more Krew tags than Varrio tags down where I drive by.

But with so many damm Krews, I just don't take them to be permanent players.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » July 7th, 2007, 5:17 pm

I think its on the decline though.compared to how it was..It will always be around though. Nowadays "party crews" are very popular.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » July 10th, 2007, 11:23 pm

LA started the wack tagbanger shit. Theres always been violence in the culture cuz it's street art, but not on some gang level.

mrph

Unread post by mrph » October 6th, 2007, 3:20 pm

BIGG LISTO wrote:
jae wrote: And i still dont take "taggers turned gangsters" seriously. I dont care if they do get violent, they are still a joke to me. Real taggers are all about the get up. nothing else. You used to have to write good to get in a crew, now i see all these toy crews, and writers out there. Just sloppy...
Damn homeboy, your disrespecting alot of real varrios, especially mine, with that comment. If your talking about all these newbootys trying to bang, then I can agree with you but not if your talking about the ol' skool crews that put in major trabajo. Back in the days it was different for taggers with the whole g-light thing. Either way we were real taggers back then and we've been real gangsters since.

LMAO addicted to crime a gang...hah aha ha...you should stick to tagggin..or maybe you should of got into a real gang like harpys..all you fools do is snitch on everybody and kick it at that park with the crips..thats a shame, you are black lovers and you claim to be south siders, they should eliminate your crew for that reason alone, you aint no big shot, so stop trying to act like you mr al capone and shit, you dont run shit and you dont call any shots, your probably like around 25 years old, lmao, a2c13...hah ha ha

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » October 8th, 2007, 11:09 pm

Some people even thought ATC were c's.

necio
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by necio » October 22nd, 2007, 1:38 pm

jae wrote:I've never known taggers to operate in that manner. If they are REALLY about the writing, and not just about the "crew" sense of it, then they will for surely just operate as a tagging crew. No cliques, no rules. Just you and your boys get together to tag/bomb/ whatever... Only time real writers have problems is when someone crosses them out, and if they are really about the "graffiti war", it's only about who gets up the most. A tag war was completely about which crew can tag up the most stuff. usually like in a week or something. there would be like a set amount of days that you would have to hit up stuff, and whoever had the most stuff hit up, with good peices, won the battle between crews. that was it. there was no fighting, no killing, no weapons, other than your can. Now, all these toy fools are killing the essence. Just trying to belong to something. And i still dont take "taggers turned gangsters" seriously. I dont care if they do get violent, they are still a joke to me. Real taggers are all about the get up. nothing else. You used to have to write good to get in a crew, now i see all these toy crews, and writers out there. Just sloppy...
keep in mind now a days most gangbangers start out as a tagger or from a crew

london_ferg
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by london_ferg » February 5th, 2008, 9:25 am

there are a few no homes as much as possible, no churches and cars stuff that gets the community against you. don't rag people. throwup goes over a tag fillins over throwies pieces over all. payback is a bitch and while happen if you fuck up. keep silent if you get nicked.

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » February 5th, 2008, 9:57 am

I don't kno how yall do it anywhere else, but here in ny, niggas don't got no terretories n shit like that....the TRUE goal of taggin crews/ graffiti artists is 2 get ur name up wherever u can....n I mean WHEREVER, the more places u got ya tag up on, the better...whoever lives in the bx probably seen my tag....If yalll ever seen "SAPER", that's ya boy bxxmilitia...taggin crews out here aint on that bullsh!t, it aint like back then, although ny still got the most graffiti than anywhere else, niggas out here role dolo...

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » February 5th, 2008, 10:19 am

Yo ferg, dudes in london r nice as fu*k too...
Those boys get up...ya lucky yall got morals n rules out there...over here anything goes, niggas stay buffin each other back 2 back...all one culd do is buff them back....I mean, if ya name is up there, n ur known, they most likely wouldn't buff u....

tntsentinel

Unread post by tntsentinel » February 29th, 2008, 1:57 pm

hey do u think tagger crews get shot at by gang members if they use the same territory??

sopudo

Unread post by sopudo » March 18th, 2008, 5:18 am

sopudo

Unread post by sopudo » March 18th, 2008, 5:22 am

this video is fifteen years old...

YUTS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YUTS » March 19th, 2008, 9:19 am

dope video

JelisLust
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by JelisLust » March 30th, 2008, 1:29 pm

sopudo wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPJIYfAMgHw ... Fox News...
That was probably LA graffiti at its worst.

There are still crews like that. A lot of wannabe gangbangers, but true graffiti isn't about that.

JelisLust
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by JelisLust » March 30th, 2008, 1:42 pm

And I couldn't find this one on Youtube. All Los Angeles graffiti

sopudo

Unread post by sopudo » March 31st, 2008, 6:57 am

nice!

JelisLust
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by JelisLust » April 5th, 2008, 1:53 pm

JelisLust
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by JelisLust » April 5th, 2008, 1:55 pm

Whoops.

adelantosro
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by adelantosro » April 9th, 2008, 8:06 pm

Tagbangers...krewbangers....It looks to me out here to be mostly youngsters making a name then jumping to the next level. The latest krew told me first is sharpies then paint, namechanges after each bust, krew changes when more than one is busted or gang units take the krew to court. After making a name out here, any bust giving time in JUVY gives the ".M" this mobster or whatever is where the krew starts fighting for the turf or wall. Arrows and reverse "7's" show the turf and start the fights. Again I may be wrong because it isn't real big here but the kids have been stupid enough to write down the progression in the school journals to know what else they need to do. A few taggers have been caught more than once and I can see in their new tags and journals some of this is true locally.

Why I am seeing this at the 4th grade level is what bothers me. Adults and late teens can do what they want as far as taggin goes. One kid torched the 3/4 boys bathroom when he was kicked out for taggin anothers stall.

Innercity5062

Unread post by Innercity5062 » May 17th, 2008, 9:24 pm

Yeah i think Some Tagging Crews do have a ''G'' Thing going on there are crews in my town which once your in you cant just leave and fights between graffiti crews happen often. Some one mentioned back in the day graffiti wars where just who could hit up the most in a week that does not happen in my scene

Ink

Unread post by Ink » May 25th, 2008, 8:01 pm

You know what is really funny?

When tagbangers are from different crews and have beef with eachother but are all apart of the same hood.

Anybody whose familiar with the Florencia X3 hood in the city of Florence know exactly what i'm talking about.