question about self inflicted scars. help

From tagging to piecing to gang graffiti to clothing styles to the art of tattoos.
burton7

question about self inflicted scars. help

Unread post by burton7 » November 6th, 2007, 5:45 pm

ive noticed a few people at my school and elseware, none of which know each other, have parallel scars either on their arm or back. the first person i saw with it had 3 scars vertically parallel on their back. to perfect to be by accident. then i noticed 2 more people at my school with the same scars, but on their arm. one of them had 1, and the other had 3. i know it must mean something, anyone know what they mean????

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » November 6th, 2007, 10:32 pm

they probably cut themselves so they dont have to deal with some emotional problems.

burton7

Unread post by burton7 » November 7th, 2007, 7:25 am

they arent scars like that. they are like thicker, like 3/4 and inch wide 2 to 3 inches long. right on the top of the arm right after the elbow

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » November 8th, 2007, 12:26 am

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » November 8th, 2007, 3:24 am

Shiiiiiit! Now that takes 'self harming' to a different fuccccin level! Fuccccin horrible!

My guess would be self harm for the top though, even stripes or whatever - using physical pain to overide/block/numb emotional pain. A way of managing emotional pain. Those people need go talk to a good professional and find a way to put their feelings into words and not actions.

Peace

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » November 11th, 2007, 11:22 pm

Oh fuuuuuuuck that ^

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » November 13th, 2007, 12:54 am

What kind of sick shit is that? Whats the next trend? Amputations?

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » November 13th, 2007, 10:38 am

I have no problem with most body modifications, to each his own but scarification is too much for me. It's one of the few modifications that makes me ill to see. Not my thing at all.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » November 13th, 2007, 12:24 pm

EmperorPenguin wrote:I have no problem with most body modifications, to each his own but scarification is too much for me. It's one of the few modifications that makes me ill to see. Not my thing at all.
That is just some fucked up in the head, sick shit, to me.

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » November 13th, 2007, 12:41 pm

Yea in africa they do this shyt I once saw a show called tabu and its a village of people where when a boy reaches 18 he has to get cut all over his body with razors so when his skin heals up it looks like a crocadile skin it was sick to see the boy suffer for 2 days getting cut then weeks as all the cuts heal. Also on the same show there was another african village wear 10 boys were cercumsized with the same knife in a row that was sick to

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » November 13th, 2007, 12:48 pm

KINGFEAR62 wrote:Yea in africa they do this shyt I once saw a show called tabu and its a village of people where when a boy reaches 18 he has to get cut all over his body with razors so when his skin heals up it looks like a crocadile skin it was sick to see the boy suffer for 2 days getting cut then weeks as all the cuts heal. Also on the same show there was another african village wear 10 boys were cercumsized with the same knife in a row that was sick to
Those are usually deep cuts with ash rubbed in to make it heal with a large scar. Scarification is the removing of skin all together. It's some serious shit.

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » November 13th, 2007, 1:02 pm

Yea ur right I forgot about the ash but those poor guys were suffering like crazy that's got to be the dumbest thing I ever seen come from africa along with the 10 boys being cercumsized with the same knife in a row then they wonder why there's so much aids in africa

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » November 15th, 2007, 3:33 am

Sentenza wrote:
EmperorPenguin wrote:I have no problem with most body modifications, to each his own but scarification is too much for me. It's one of the few modifications that makes me ill to see. Not my thing at all.
That is just some #%@& up in the head, sick shit, to me.
if y'all look at the link,,,, there is a biig ass pile of 'remains'..... whats the next step of shock value"? grub them cracklins?

I tell you what.... nothing is sicker than this shit.....

I love my tats.... at least i know the little bit of blood i spewed for them is enough to fill a tissue... and thats an all-dayer. I could see doing razor cuts and rubbing ink in them,.,,, I was told thats how the maori do their face tattoos... yuo really dont have to go very deep at all to put ink under the skin,,,, I have a few friends who have done it,,,, but I dont know anyone or WANT to know anyone sick enough to cut away at themselves in chunks like that to "beautify"... even some cutters (emo bleeders) I know found that too repuslive for them.

YUTS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YUTS » November 15th, 2007, 3:03 pm

a west african tribesman scarring is used for initiation and to show strength

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » November 19th, 2007, 9:33 am

Shows there is a massive difference between a cultural identity/warrior tip and a self mutilation thing - both might make scares but couldn't be more different - the pic above is about manhood and pride and identity whereas cutting is about pain - a western trip still.

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » November 20th, 2007, 12:48 am

Noog wrote:Shows there is a massive difference between a cultural identity/warrior tip and a self mutilation thing - both might make scares but couldn't be more different - the pic above is about manhood and pride and identity whereas cutting is about pain - a western trip still.
so.. .where does the pics i posted rate on those terms?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 20th, 2007, 1:40 am

that shit is sick, no doubt about it, but I seen worse shit. Idiot westerners just do shit for the shock, wannabe oriental foreign spiritualism, exotic factor...such retards.

twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by twocost » November 20th, 2007, 2:24 am

YUTS wrote:Image

a west african tribesman scarring is used for initiation and to show strength
Yeah thats some crazy shit man I ain't down for that. Then again where there from
its normal so its probably different than were thinking.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » November 20th, 2007, 5:49 am

perongregory wrote:that shit is sick, no doubt about it, but I seen worse shit. Idiot westerners just do shit for the shock, wannabe oriental foreign spiritualism, exotic factor...such retards.
Yep.
In a ritual traditionalistic context i can see why they do that. That other shit is just some wanna be individualistic, hedonistic, spoiled kid shit.

YUTS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YUTS » November 20th, 2007, 10:18 am

twocost wrote: Yeah thats some crazy shit man I ain't down for that. Then again where there from
you know all the girls probably jock the dude with the biggest scars over there

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 20th, 2007, 3:36 pm

Sentenza wrote:
perongregory wrote:that shit is sick, no doubt about it, but I seen worse shit. Idiot westerners just do shit for the shock, wannabe oriental foreign spiritualism, exotic factor...such retards.
Yep.
In a ritual traditionalistic context i can see why they do that. That other shit is just some wanna be individualistic, hedonistic, spoiled kid shit.
Amen.

twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by twocost » November 20th, 2007, 4:44 pm

YUTS wrote:
twocost wrote: Yeah thats some crazy shit man I ain't down for that. Then again where there from
you know all the girls probably jock the dude with the biggest scars over there
''

Damn straight, that fool gets laid 24/7 probably. Over there hes the shit.