Easter A Pagan Holiday NOT Christian

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » December 15th, 2007, 11:01 am

justice league wrote:
Sentenza wrote:The Christmas tree is also a pagan Tradition. It was a Viking tradition to put up a tree with lights, to celebrate the solstice every year.
I thought pine trees decorated with bright colorful reflective and loud stuff was something German farmers hung upside down from the rafters of the barns to discourage scavengers and evil spirits from their barns
Never heard of that, but it could be true.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » December 15th, 2007, 11:22 am

Sentenza wrote:
NikexCortez wrote:
Sentenza wrote:The Christmas tree is also a pagan Tradition. It was a Viking tradition to put up a tree with lights, to celebrate the solstice every year.
what race are Vikings nowadays?
How do you mean?
I Meant what race name does the Vikings go by nowadays....

Like you know Iran I think use to go by Persian. I dont know why they would change their name, anyone know?

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » December 15th, 2007, 11:36 am

NikexCortez wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
NikexCortez wrote:
what race are Vikings nowadays?
How do you mean?
I Meant what race name does the Vikings go by nowadays....

Like you know Iran I think use to go by Persian. I dont know why they would change their name, anyone know?
Vikings used to be close relatives of the old germans. So i would say their their descendents are swedish, Danish and Norvegian people.
Also they settled in England (especially Danish Vikings) and in Northern France and Sicily.

The "Normandie" Area in France is named after them. It derives fromthe term "Land of the Northern men/North-men".
So next time you drive down Normandie you know the street is named after Vikings. :lol: :wink:

Also they settled in Russia. The "Rus" were a Viking tribe and started what is now known as Rus-sia.

So you can see the Vikings got around. They also got in touch with the Arabs and Viking coins have been found in Baghdad.

And of course, looking at most of those countries you can tell the Vikings were some heavy drinkers. :lol:

The term to "go berserk" comes from Viking Warriors also. Berserks were Viking warriors on drugs who killed everyone in their way, children, Women, old people etc. haha but now i am going off topic.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » December 15th, 2007, 11:46 am

^^I forgot about Iceland.Also of course the Vikings were the first europeans to ever set foot on american soil around the 10th century AD.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » December 15th, 2007, 9:02 pm

Have you guys seen the movie Path Finder? It is based on a true story about the Vikings slaughtering the Native Americans way before the European Pilgrims and even before the Spanish with Christopher Columbus. I do not know how accurate the story is but it showed the Vikings were stopped in succeeding taking over Native American land because one of their own. Their own was left stranded by them as a child from the last time they came and slaughtered the Native Americans. It was the Native Americans who adopted the child regardless of his race that is committing genocide on them. The story goes that the baby Viking grew up as a Native American and knew how to fight in the ways of the Viking and Native American style, in doing so he stop the Vikings from taking over the land.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » December 15th, 2007, 9:03 pm

He killed his own Viking people.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » December 16th, 2007, 12:57 am

NikexCortez wrote:He killed his own Viking people.
jon brown of the natives.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » December 16th, 2007, 5:29 am

Could be true, but i think only very little is know about what exactly happened there, cause the Vikings preferred figthing and drinking over writing shit down. :lol:
A little bit has been recorded though:
Grœnlendinga saga or the Saga of the Greenlanders is an Icelandic saga. Along with Eiríks saga rauða it is one of the two main literary sources of information for the Norse exploration of North America:

The next summer Thorvald explores to the east and north of their camp. At one point the explorers disembark in a pleasant forested area.

[Thorvald] then said: "Here it is beautiful, and here would I like to raise my dwelling." Then went they to the ship, and saw upon the sands within the promontory three elevations, and went thither, and saw there three skin boats (canoes), and three men under each. Then divided they their people, and caught them all, except one, who got away with his boat. They killed the other eight, and then went back to the cape, and looked round them, and saw some heights inside of the firth, and supposed that these were dwellings. — Reeves' translation

The natives, called Skraelings (ON: Skrælingar) by the Norsemen, return with a larger force and attack Thorvald and his men. The Skraelings fire missiles at them for a while and then retreat. Thorvald receives a fatal wound and is buried in Vinland. His crew returns to Greenland.
The Viking activities are often erroneously described as the Viking colonization of North America, but there are few findings support that the Vikings colonized North America, except for Greenland which they occupied for almost 500 years (see below). Outside Greenland, though, the Viking settlements only grew to a small size and never fully developed into permanent colonies, partly because of hostile relations with Native Americans, whom the Norse referred to as Skrælings. In turn, the Viking exploited the natural resources such as furs and lumber. Lumber, in particular, was in short supply in Norse Greenland, due to deforestation.
^^From Wikipedia

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » December 16th, 2007, 6:09 am

Even though exetremely violent, the vikings were cool.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » December 16th, 2007, 6:30 am

perongregory wrote:Even though exetremely violent, the vikings were cool.
They have definitely left their mark in history.

Heres an interesting article on them.

http://www.nordicway.com/search/Vikings ... 20East.htm

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » December 16th, 2007, 7:04 am

perongregory wrote:Even though exetremely violent, the vikings were cool.
Oh yea and talking about being violent, some more shit about Berserkers:
Snorri Sturluson goes on to mention berserkers in the Ynglinga saga: "his Odin's men rushed forward without armor, were as mad as dogs or wolves, bit their shields, and were as strong as bears or wild bulls, and killed people at a blow, but neither fire nor iron told upon themselves" (Ch. 6). Berserkers appear prominently in a multitude of other sagas and poems including The Saga of Hrólf Kraki, many of which describe berserkers as ravenous barbarians who loot, plunder, and kill indiscriminately.

Much can be derived about berserkers from Egils saga. Egil's grandfather was named Kveld-Ulf meaning "evening wolf", and this is generally ascribed as meaning he was a werewolf. Kveld-Ulf's son, referred to as Skalla-Grimm, was a berserker. Kveld-Ulf and Skalla-Grimm are both depicted as irascible and violent throughout the saga, the latter attempting to kill his son. Egill Skallagrímsson himself is described in the saga as attacking opponents with his teeth (namely when he ripped out a berserker's jugular vein during a duel). Patently, violence and gruesome tragedies permeate the berserker ethos described in Icelandic sagas such as this one.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » December 16th, 2007, 10:13 am

Is there ONE book that tells of EVERY ancient civilization wars? Or even from the beginning to current day wars? With no lies and just the solid truth? I hope so. Isn't it strange how when the names of civilizations were changed from time to time it does not get the acknowledgment it deserves? Every government does not want their evil and violent history out to the public. Although THE PEOPLE should be taught the truth or else history will repeat itself. Instead the governments are sugar coating and hiding histories....Now this is a shit load of countries ALL OVER THE WORLD doing this, best believe!

justice league
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by justice league » December 17th, 2007, 1:11 am

NikexCortez wrote:Is there ONE book that tells of EVERY ancient civilization wars? Or even from the beginning to current day wars? With no lies and just the solid truth? I hope so. Isn't it strange how when the names of civilizations were changed from time to time it does not get the acknowledgment it deserves? Every government does not want their evil and violent history out to the public. Although THE PEOPLE should be taught the truth or else history will repeat itself. Instead the governments are sugar coating and hiding histories....Now this is a shit load of countries ALL OVER THE WORLD doing this, best believe!

the book of Truth

it will never be 'written', but it is carved into the face of the earth...... it is evident in artifacts.. that is why art and art history is so important.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » December 17th, 2007, 5:07 am

that would be tite, you should write that book justice league, you even got the title for it. :lol:

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » December 17th, 2007, 11:03 am

I want to have a copy too! :lol:

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » December 17th, 2007, 12:05 pm

just skip to about 9:40 minutes into the movie.
[GVideo]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &plindex=1[/GVideo]

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » December 17th, 2007, 12:35 pm

Sentenza wrote:I want to have a copy too! :lol:
so would I! ill buy 2!