Gangster Disciples takin over Cali

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
Tee9
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Gangster Disciples takin over Cali

Unread post by Tee9 » February 22nd, 2008, 9:07 am

Victim's mom seeks $10 million from city, county

By: JENNIFER KABBANY - Staff Writer

VISTA ----- The mother of a 25-year-old Vista resident who was shot and killed in a gang battle in Brengle Terrace Park last August has filed a $10 million wrongful death claim against the city and San Diego County.

Keric Mitchell's mother, Barbara, alleges in her claim that "Keric did not receive any medical attention and further, witnesses were ordered not to render any assistance to Keric nor to transport him to the hospital."

Barbara Mitchell seeks $10 million in damages, charging a loss of society, comfort, companionship, attention, services and support from her deceased son.

The claim alleges the failure to render medical assistance was either intentional or so reckless that the city and county should pay punitive damages.

The City Council will decide Tuesday at its council meeting whether to accept or reject the claim. City Attorney Wayne Dernetz said Friday that the city's risk management department reviewed the claim, investigated it "to the extent that was available," and concluded it should be rejected.

"All we can say is on the basis of the claim, we don't have enough information to conclude the city should pay money," Dernetz said. "It's a very tragic circumstance, everybody feels compassion for the victim as well as for the victim's family and friends. But having compassion does not necessarily translate into any duty or obligation into paying money."

Kapualani Brown, the county's claims supervisor, said Friday that the claim is under investigation. The county is named in the claim, she said, because Vista contracts with the San Diego County Sheriff's Department for law enforcement services, and one of the county's agencies is the Sheriff's Department. The Sheriff's Department and the Vista Fire Department were called to the park to handle the investigation and treat the wounded.

The shooting happened at 5:36 p.m. on a warm, Sunday evening when Brengle Terrace Park was crowded with people.

Keric Mitchell was killed and three bystanders ---- a 3-year-old boy and his mother and a 16-year-old girl ----- were shot in the melee, according to Lt. Terry Wisniewski. Most of those involved fled before deputies arrived.

A Vista Fire Department official said Friday that an ambulance and fire engine were dispatched at 5:42 p.m., en route at 5:43 p.m. and arrived at 5:47 p.m.

Barbara Mitchell's claim alleges that Keric Mitchell was alive for 45 to 90 minutes without receiving medical attention and died at the park.

The claim also asks for $14,500 for funeral expenses, $3,000 for funeral-related transportation expenses and $3,000 in lost wages.

This week, homicide detectives arrested three suspected gang members in connection with the Aug. 17 shooting.

Wisniewski said recently that he believes Keric Mitchell was shot in a gang fight between the Deep Valley Crips and the Gangster Disciples, adding that the Deep Valley Crips are an Oceanside gang and the Gangster Disciples are a gang based out of Chicago.

On March 12, Detective Chris Serritella and a San Diego District Attorney's investigator went to Chicago and with help from local police arrested two men, Wes Averhart, 26, and Trevell Averhart, 22, on suspicion of murder, he said. On Sunday, another team of investigators traveled to Oklahoma City and with help from local police also arrested Curtis Stone, 27, on suspicion of murder, the lieutenant said.

Capt. Earl Wentworth, the highest-ranking Sheriff's Deputy in Vista, did not return phone calls seeking comment Friday. Michael Klein, the Oceanside-based attorney representing Barbara Mitchell, and Vista Mayor Morris Vance declined to comment.

Contact staff writer Jennifer Kabbany at (760) 631-6622 or jkabbany@nctimes.com.

Previous Story: Spring arrives in San Diego County
Next Story: 'Massive' drug sweep under way

Tee9
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tee9 » February 22nd, 2008, 9:10 am

The Gangster Disciples gang is becoming more active in northern San Diego County. It is apparently trying to unite African-American gangs that operate in areas such as Oceanside and San Marcos under its control. These gangs, usually Crips, have an estimated membership of 300. According to law enforcement sources, the Gangster Disciples gang has been in the area about 1¾ years. Law enforcement has identified approximately 80 members of the gang and estimates its numbers at 200 to 250. The Gangster Disciples gang deals almost exclusively in powdered and crack cocaine, and it taxes other dealers who distribute drugs in areas under its control. The gang is also known to deal in weapons.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » February 22nd, 2008, 4:04 pm

hahahahahahahha just shuddaaaaaaaaaaap peeeeeeeeeee9.

richjesus

Unread post by richjesus » March 2nd, 2008, 9:21 pm

wat the hell is this? i thought these fools were in chicago? they migratin over here like crpis n bloods going east coast?

skillz_GD
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by skillz_GD » March 3rd, 2008, 5:41 am

naw ni66a u wilding we all over busta we in the east midwest u should know south and west and north man it can 6e ur right hand mans that 6^.o.s. and u wont know G^

skillz_GD
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by skillz_GD » March 3rd, 2008, 5:43 am

and its growth and development now man not no dam gangster disciple we on the 720 concept get it right partna

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » March 3rd, 2008, 11:54 am

I doubt they'll make it in L.A. If they did they'd probably just become the Gangster Disciple Crips anyway.

skillz_GD
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by skillz_GD » March 4th, 2008, 1:56 am

naw u stupid if anything the crips will have to come under our wing G^ and we been in L.A. for a while lolz u slow G^ u just never herd 6out it until now.

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » March 4th, 2008, 6:02 am

lol @ this nonsense

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » March 4th, 2008, 11:58 am

L.A. Crips will never become GD's. I could see GD in places like Palmdale or Lancaster, or in the IE but not L.A.

necio
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by necio » March 4th, 2008, 2:41 pm

i never heard of them in the harbor or anybody claiming

skillz_GD
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by skillz_GD » March 4th, 2008, 2:43 pm

we just aint get out there yet 6^ut when we do watch out cuz we gunning and coming for ni66as like you lolz real talk G^.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » March 9th, 2008, 10:09 am

I'm not gonna lie I saw GD taggings that were toy in NELA around the HLxP area. It could be a coincidence that they both have the same initials but I dont know if they also go by Gangsta Deciples.

What I know for sure though when the big Chi Town gangs come to LA they dont bang that Chi culture down here, they reppin that LA gang culture. Ask the BPS and LKz....

If GDz really commin down watch they too get turnt out.

But I'll tell ya, I ran into a Chi Town cat before in Down Town LA, these fooz got alot of pride where they come from.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 9th, 2008, 3:23 pm

So called "GD's" have already been turned out in Cali & they turned into c's. I can see c's turning into GD's some where like Chicago, but not Cali!

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » March 11th, 2008, 12:45 am

Silencioso wrote:I doubt they'll make it in L.A. If they did they'd probably just become the Gangster Disciple Crips anyway.
im not sayin it will happen but, T Rodgers brought the Stones to the west from the Chi..

skillz_GD
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by skillz_GD » March 11th, 2008, 5:52 am

yea he did well all know that but there are G^.D^. in cali but i dotn knwo how they roll i here they be gunning and holding there shyt down in small suburban lil areas soon we will spread you going to see.we are much larger than them lame a$$ crips is anything they will turn G^.D^. that real 6^ not us turning crabky.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » March 11th, 2008, 1:46 pm

L.A. Crips will never turn GD or anything Chicago. They'd drop out of gang banging entirely before they'd turn GD. You've obviously never been to L.A.

skillz_GD
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by skillz_GD » March 11th, 2008, 2:10 pm

of course ni!gga im from the east and yes some will n!gga you must not know but we dont even want no l.a. loud dumm n!ggas our nation is allready large you feel me.and i gotta say is 74 till the world blow.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » March 11th, 2008, 4:25 pm

Theres already fools down here claiming 74 but it aint no Mid West thang :wink:

skillz_GD
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by skillz_GD » March 11th, 2008, 9:46 pm

ok idc as long as they''re claiming 7-4-14 it dont matter i just hope they're are enlighten

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 12th, 2008, 12:32 am

skillz_GD wrote:of course ni!gga im from the east and yes some will n!gga you must not know but we dont even want no l.a. loud dumm n!ggas our nation is allready large you feel me.and i gotta say is 74 till the world blow.
lol

skillz_GD
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by skillz_GD » March 12th, 2008, 4:36 am

the swagg is sick man ayo ^eastside^ the fukk
^up^ man!!!

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 12th, 2008, 9:57 am

Whata clown

skillz_GD
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by skillz_GD » March 12th, 2008, 10:22 am

shut the fukk up dont 6^e tight i know man its 08 G^.D^.N^. takke ova 6^itch.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » March 12th, 2008, 10:43 am

^^@W$* @*&$^^ ^^66a34gafgagsd7^^^

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 12th, 2008, 4:42 pm

Get a life, quit smoking crack or doing w/e got you acting retarded

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 12th, 2008, 5:18 pm

Cold Bear wrote:^^@W$* @*&$^^ ^^66a34gafgagsd7^^^
that was too cold :lol:

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » March 13th, 2008, 7:37 am

I'm trying to speak his language homie :lol:

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 13th, 2008, 10:55 am

Yeah I should have just laughed, instead of wasting my time. :lol: That was pretty funny. Fool be doing too much on here.

yo foo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by yo foo » March 13th, 2008, 11:14 am

^6itch &@!%^* ashhh (#$ ^g^n^b^^^^&^666

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 14th, 2008, 1:34 pm

yo foo wrote:^6itch &@!%^* ashhh (#$ ^g^n^b^^^^&^666
Y0 f00^! Y0 try1n' 2 s@y s0m3thin' t0 me^?

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » March 14th, 2008, 2:34 pm

Thuganomics :lol: