The Texas Syndicate

Discuss gangs in the The South in the following states; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C. & West Virgina
sneb101
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

The Texas Syndicate

Unread post by sneb101 » January 21st, 2004, 8:22 pm

There have been multiple articles in the austin newspaper about a hispanic gang called the texas syndicate. They apparently started off as a prison gang and have become very powerful at least in texas. Does anyone know anything about them?

Impala
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: The Texas Syndicate

Unread post by Impala » February 22nd, 2004, 2:40 am

Don't know exactly when but some time back..10, 15, 20 years.. Texas prisons were overcrowded and sent cons to some prisons up north. (Cali)

For protection vs everybody else especially the "Eme" they united under the name "Texas Syndicate".

Now they're big in Tejas and a force to reckon with around the southwest prisons.

That's the way I heard it.

Pakman

Unread post by Pakman » April 11th, 2008, 12:21 am

They are a very lethal gang..almost like a made up movie gang because of their ruthlessness. They will kill, rob, shott whomever, whenever. Also called Longhorns. Very proud of their Tattoo's. Basically its an all Mexican gang, no exceptions anymore. It takes a very long time to get initiated, and most of their tasks are messaged down from their OG's so they can be performed. Took over the Texas prison system completely when it comes to the Mexican presence. The History Chanel's Show "Gangland" have a whole segment on the Texas Syndicate.

Below I'm posting links to the TV show "Gangland: Texas Syndicate". It is via YouTube, so it comes in five parts, total time of about 50-55 mins.

Hopefully this is helpful to someone.

Part 1-->
Part 2-->
Part 3-->
Part 4-->
Part 5-->

NewMission
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NewMission » April 14th, 2008, 11:00 am

[quote="Pakman"]They are a very lethal gang..almost like a made up movie gang because of their ruthlessness. They will kill, rob, shott whomever, whenever. Also called Longhorns. Very proud of their Tattoo's. Basically its an all Mexican gang, no exceptions anymore. It takes a very long time to get initiated, and most of their tasks are messaged down from their OG's so they can be performed. Took over the Texas prison system completely when it comes to the Mexican presence. The History Chanel's Show "Gangland" have a whole segment on the Texas Syndicate.

Below I'm posting links to the TV show "Gangland: Texas Syndicate". It is via YouTube, so it comes in five parts, total time of about 50-55 mins.

Hopefully this is helpful to someone.

Part 1--> [youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbPtAkUrkaQ[/youtube]
Part 2--> [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P570Gfq7hGk[/youtube]
Part 3--> [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7MNW5BeTck[/youtube]
Part 4--> [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f-SlQufy8M[/youtube]
Part 5--> [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs39byP6JuM[/youtube][/quote]

These "Gangland" series can be misleading, TS does not have control over all Texas Prison's or does not control and dominate all hispanics in Texas Prisons. They have what they have on lock, but that does not mean they "control" all Hispanic inmates. For most people TS would not be a factor unless they tried to step in thier business ventures.

VALERO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VALERO » April 14th, 2008, 10:32 pm

NewMission wrote:These "Gangland" series can be misleading, TS does not have control over all Texas Prison's or does not control and dominate all hispanics in Texas Prisons. They have what they have on lock, but that does not mean they "control" all Hispanic inmates. For most people TS would not be a factor unless they tried to step in thier business ventures.
To expand on what NewMission said, there's no way Texas Syndicate dominates the Texas Prison system like Gangland portrayed. I say this since blacks are the numerically largest group in Texas prisons, unlike California where there's more Mexicans than blacks. Blacks make up at least 40%, maybe around 44-45% of prisoners in the state of Texas. The rest is split amongst whites and Mexicans. I think there are slightly more Mexicans than whites but it's not that large of a margin, maybe 2-6% points.

chupon106
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: Mission TX

Unread post by chupon106 » April 17th, 2008, 10:53 pm

I agree with Mission. That's sh-t's kinda exagerrated. TS is a very powerful but they don't control all the Mexicans in there. That video made the Mexican Mafia look like some little b-tches. That aint the case. Their war may have been lopsided back in the day but the Eme is another very powerful prison gang. The video talked about how the TS was not gonna allow another Mexican gang to exist in Texas, that might have been there goal but not that's true. There are several active Mexican prison gangs in Texas. It's a good video though. I enjoyed it, just went a little overboard.

SolidWood
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SolidWood » May 12th, 2008, 8:22 am

VALERO wrote:
NewMission wrote:These "Gangland" series can be misleading, TS does not have control over all Texas Prison's or does not control and dominate all hispanics in Texas Prisons. They have what they have on lock, but that does not mean they "control" all Hispanic inmates. For most people TS would not be a factor unless they tried to step in thier business ventures.
To expand on what NewMission said, there's no way Texas Syndicate dominates the Texas Prison system like Gangland portrayed. I say this since blacks are the numerically largest group in Texas prisons, unlike California where there's more Mexicans than blacks. Blacks make up at least 40%, maybe around 44-45% of prisoners in the state of Texas. The rest is split amongst whites and Mexicans. I think there are slightly more Mexicans than whites but it's not that large of a margin, maybe 2-6% points.
I done time here in Texas and while the TS are indeed strong they ain't controlling all mexicans. You got the the Texas Emi, Pistos, Los Aztecas etc. Woods got the Aryan Brotherhood, Aryan Circle, Dirty White Boys, Texas Mafia (not race based). As for the rugs, yeah they are the deepest in number but they don't run shit really. They ain't disciplined enough to run anything, only thing they run is their mouths. They don't have any clicks of any significance, pretty much run wild. No honor, no loyalty, no discipline.

MesqFlaco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Dallas County

Unread post by MesqFlaco » May 16th, 2008, 10:32 am

I'll have to watch those videos, but from reading the reactions to the docu... it was some BS anyway.

TS is the big boy, they run federal shit... they are a true prison gang in the South West.

That Tango Blast is an affiliation for texas inmates, usually by geography or the city you from. Dallas Tangos got the 5 point star on their necks, elbows..etc. I chilled with a few at a strip club not too long ago, didn't ask too many questions either with the all the titties flying around.

First time I had ever seen one... they were about 6 deep. I don't think all were Tangos... but 2 definately were.

short.texas
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Unread post by short.texas » June 29th, 2008, 11:16 pm

I did some time here in Texas and I can definitely say that the doc on the Texas Syndicate was on point. Prison is a crazy place to say the least but above all I just found it to be one of most strange an bizzare places anyone can experience. I heard a lot of different stories about the TS during the 70's and 80's from guys who were there and witnessed a lot of stuff but the TS just aint what it once was. It's interesting because when you hear these old stories and just prison history in general it is fascinating because its a window to a different place and time, then in my own experience I see something different. Its a lot easier to join the TS now than it was back in the 70's and 80's because prison is a whole lot different now in Texas, but then again its easier to join the Mexican Mafia too. When I seen that documentary on the TS I was blown away, I even wonder how in the world they put stuff like that together, it was wild. The craziest part to me was the story of the Sunday Massacre because I've known three diffrent partners of mine who were eyewitnesses to these killings on Darrington back in the 80's. I just found it crazy cause I heard these stories years ago from guys who were in that dayroom when it happened. But most of all I just find it sad that these strong Tejanos have given their lives away to be the Texas Syndicate. They started the Texas Syndicate long time ago to protect themselves from people who were predators and fought to protect one another and died for one another but then they only went on to become the predators. Maybe that was the idea I guess. These guys had a lot of pride not just as men, but as Chicanos. But most of all they had a lot of pride in the fact that they were from Texas. I really hate to see my people go out like that.

MesqFlaco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Dallas County

Unread post by MesqFlaco » June 10th, 2009, 10:12 am

short.texas wrote:I did some time here in Texas and I can definitely say that the doc on the Texas Syndicate was on point. Prison is a crazy place to say the least but above all I just found it to be one of most strange an bizzare places anyone can experience. I heard a lot of different stories about the TS during the 70's and 80's from guys who were there and witnessed a lot of stuff but the TS just aint what it once was. It's interesting because when you hear these old stories and just prison history in general it is fascinating because its a window to a different place and time, then in my own experience I see something different. Its a lot easier to join the TS now than it was back in the 70's and 80's because prison is a whole lot different now in Texas, but then again its easier to join the Mexican Mafia too. When I seen that documentary on the TS I was blown away, I even wonder how in the world they put stuff like that together, it was wild. The craziest part to me was the story of the Sunday Massacre because I've known three diffrent partners of mine who were eyewitnesses to these killings on Darrington back in the 80's. I just found it crazy cause I heard these stories years ago from guys who were in that dayroom when it happened. But most of all I just find it sad that these strong Tejanos have given their lives away to be the Texas Syndicate. They started the Texas Syndicate long time ago to protect themselves from people who were predators and fought to protect one another and died for one another but then they only went on to become the predators. Maybe that was the idea I guess. These guys had a lot of pride not just as men, but as Chicanos. But most of all they had a lot of pride in the fact that they were from Texas. I really hate to see my people go out like that.
"Power corrupts. And Absolute Power corrupts, absolutely. "

That's a famous quote that rings true to anything involving a power struggle.

Look at the history of almost any gang and the motivation behind it is usually protection at first, survival second and then ends in complete domination. Worse than that, today, motivation and pursuit of money trumps all else.

No hood is what it once was... mostly due to fools "out getting mine". Allright, time to burn one and move on.