Canada gangs (Thunder Bay, Ontario area)

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
ETGRSK

Canada gangs (Thunder Bay, Ontario area)

Unread post by ETGRSK » March 7th, 2004, 1:32 pm

Where I come from its pretty much all bikers(Satans Choice & Hells Angels) Hells Angels are well known around the world but Im not too sure bout satans choice. There are tons of other gangs but you dont hear too much about them. This is probably because its all Indians...(Indian Posse, Native Syndicate,Lil Indian Posse) People have made attempts of starting crips here (TBC Thunder Bay Crips) but everyone left and they were a joke. So basically 80% of all gangs here are natives and there are like 15 black people and our population is around 150 000...

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Thunder Bay, Ontario

Unread post by E`S`T » March 8th, 2004, 7:21 am

Homie you are in Thunder Bay, CA..LOL..I have been there plenty of times..I go up there to buy "Cubanos"... I am in Duluth...I think its funny cause that place is dead as hell. Only thing there is those "Lakers".....

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Thunder Bay, Ontario

Unread post by wcrockets » March 8th, 2004, 2:45 pm

ETGRSK wrote:Where I come from its pretty much all bikers(Satans Choice & Hells Angels) Hells Angels are well known around the world but Im not too sure bout satans choice. There are tons of other gangs but you dont hear too much about them. This is probably because its all Indians...(Indian Posse, Native Syndicate,Lil Indian Posse) People have made attempts of starting crips here (TBC Thunder Bay Crips) but everyone left and they were a joke. So basically 80% of all gangs here are natives and there are like 15 black people and our population is around 150 000...
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/bikergangs/index.html

They are reported on. You can read about them on the net. Some book a long time back mentioned they did dirt for the mob up there too.

zanshin2004

Re: Canada gangs (Thunder Bay, Ontario area)

Unread post by zanshin2004 » July 23rd, 2004, 7:20 pm

ETGRSK,

How active are the Native gangs in Thunder Bay? I am from Saskatoon, and the gang problem has just gone threw the roof here. I talk to some police friends, and they can't beleive how out of control things are becoming.

For a city the size of Saskatoon (250 000), apparently(from police and street sources), we have at least 12 or 13 active violent street gangs. The most active are the Indian Posse, Native Syndicate, Crazy Cree, Mixed Bloods, Baby Blue Crips(wannabes), Indian Mafia Crips(wannabes), just to name a few. There is some asian, lebanese, Iraqi street gangs too. Some of these gangs are tied in with the Hells Angels.

The violence between the gangs has escalated to extremes. Many are attacking people just because they are wearing the wrong colors or whatever. One girl was knifed outside a mall for wearing red(IP's colours), and a few people killed within the last year for the same reasons. Most of the attacks are stabbings, but now there are more firearms being discovered on gang members.

I know we haven't reached the level that Winnipeg or TO has met yet, but you never know.

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » May 21st, 2008, 6:53 pm

thunderbay is a big city in the middle of nowhere on the trans-canada highway, i would bet my money that the angels use the city to traffic drugs, other then that i could only think of native gangs in thunderbay but even i wouldnt think there r many.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: --

Unread post by Azure9920 » May 22nd, 2008, 2:02 pm

IP goes hard on the street level shit, Angels on the distribution

Babmuk
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Highfa

Unread post by Babmuk » May 26th, 2008, 1:16 am

I was once in Thunder Bay in the august 2005.Seen how ppl doing over there.Seemed like a good place to me compare to Toronto.

HiMyNameIsG
What city do you live in now?: Thunder Bay

Unread post by HiMyNameIsG » June 15th, 2008, 9:20 pm

The situation in Thunder Bay isn't unlike other places who experience a sudden influx of people from isolated areas. A lot of the gangs in Thunder Bay consist of people who have either moved into the city from areas like Dryden and Kenora for work/play. Or you have the ones who have had to move for work or school from places like reservations and small communities.

It's getting bad in Thunder Bay. No one can deny that simple fact. The reality is that the police force is inept and the city council doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground. It's no wonder that our city has been slowly declining into such a sad state.

There have been numerous beatings, a few murders, missing people...break and enters. The list could go on and on. The problems aren't necessarily the gangs, as for years we had the Hell's Angels in town, the problem is the people.

If you're in a gang then your first thing you know is that you don't call yourself a gang, or brag about being in one for that matter. The idea of bringing such trouble upon yourself and your crew is all that does. What we have in Thunder Bay are not gangs. These are sick bastards who aren't organized but will beat you for money for booze, or drugs. They are Gangs in the sense that they are too cowardly when alone but when in a group of 5 or more they get violent.

We also are seeing a rise in the number of teen instances which involve acts ranging from break and enters to sexual assault. This in turn corresponds with the introduction of Crystal Meth which has begun circulating through our various schools. It's sick, It's sad but this is the reality.

Yes, we have gangs. True they have a noticeable presence within the city. False that all of this crime is associated with the gangs themselves. In actuality, most of the crimes are committed by the aforementioned people who are just, in the true sense of the word, degenerates.

More needs to be done to help the citizens of Thunder Bay. As a resident I have seen the city turn from a once promising center of Industry into a crumbling and violent hole. Much needs to be done but as to the discussion.

Yes we have gangs.

SmoshBro
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Massachusetts
What city do you live in now?: Ontario

Unread post by SmoshBro » July 6th, 2008, 4:03 pm

Ive been to thunder bay before. I can guarantee theres no crip sets in that city like u say u belong to HiMyNameIsG, mainly cuz theres a total of maybe 800 black people total(im black and when i went there the only other black people i saw were my family, none of whom live there) in a city of around 120,000. If there is so called crips there they are false flaggin n fakest gangstas on the continent.
Im not gonna say tbay is soft though cause some parts looked pretty rough. I remember driving by Hells Angels clubhouse and they looked pretty deep. And there seemed to be alot of natives so im guessin theres probably a couple native gangs. But overall i dont think there is alot of gang activity there other than bikers.

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » July 11th, 2008, 5:58 am

what about other northern ontario cities, like sue st marie, sudbury, timmins and north bay whatcha all been hearing about those places? Sudbury especially is diverse

SmoshBro
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SmoshBro » July 11th, 2008, 8:17 am

i live in sault ste marie. right now its pretty white but ive been seeing alot more black people around lately, with that being said i was one of only like 5 black kids in my school(school of around 1000) lol. Ive seen gang tags around the downtown area but they all look like homegrown gangs, probly mostly native kids or white kids trying to act hard. I dont even know if there any biker gangs around the city, Ive never saw or even heard of any since the late 90s(when Hells Angels got raided). Honestly the only gang whos active here is probly the mafia and theyre into everything.
Definitely nothing in Timmins, I doubt theres anything in North Bay too.
Sudbury probably is the most diverse out of the 4 cities but most of the minorities are either native, asian or south-asian. obviously there are some black people too, just not that many. Ive heard of a couple native gangs in sudbury, but other than those I dont know. There are alot of drugs in sudbury so someone has to be bringing them in.

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » July 11th, 2008, 8:21 am

im under the impression the angels bring the drugs into sudz, but i agree with you there isnt much in terms of real gangs there.... yet lol.... sudz is growing fast....

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Riverside

Unread post by Vincetheprince » July 11th, 2008, 8:41 am

Are thier any black or Latino gangs in canada? and if so who?

SmoshBro
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SmoshBro » July 11th, 2008, 9:02 am

Yeah there are. I think theres alot more black gangs in Canada than Latin gangs though. Most of these gangs are located in the major cities. Toronto has alot of them(by Canadian standards), Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver, etc.
We have Bloods&Crips(apparently the only legit ones are a few sets in Toronto), Jamaican Posses, Latin Kings, Vice Lords, etc. I think there are some Surenos in Toronto too.
If you look in the Toronto gang thread youll get a better idea of what types of gangs we have up here.

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » July 11th, 2008, 9:19 am

Thanks I'll check it soon.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: --

Unread post by Azure9920 » July 11th, 2008, 9:46 am

SmoshBro wrote:Yeah there are. I think theres alot more black gangs in Canada than Latin gangs though. Most of these gangs are located in the major cities. Toronto has alot of them(by Canadian standards), Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver, etc.
We have Bloods&Crips(apparently the only legit ones are a few sets in Toronto), Jamaican Posses, Latin Kings, Vice Lords, etc. I think there are some Surenos in Toronto too.
If you look in the Toronto gang thread youll get a better idea of what types of gangs we have up here.
To add onto what he said; The Latin Kings here(Toronto) are about 60 deep. I don't know about the Vice Lords though. We have MS 13 here too, they're starting to make some noise, I'm not sure if that's Sureno though?

There are a couple Latino sets, LA boys, Christies, Gilder's, P.O boys, La Familia. Most of them are fairly small, LA boys and Christies number maybe about a 100, the others are probably like under 50 though.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 11th, 2008, 11:38 am

Azure9920 wrote:
SmoshBro wrote:Yeah there are. I think theres alot more black gangs in Canada than Latin gangs though. Most of these gangs are located in the major cities. Toronto has alot of them(by Canadian standards), Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver, etc.
To add onto what he said; The Latin Kings here(Toronto) are about 60 deep. I don't know about the Vice Lords though. We have MS 13 here too, they're starting to make some noise, I'm not sure if that's Sureno though?

There are a couple Latino sets, LA boys, Christies, Gilder's, P.O boys, La Familia. Most of them are fairly small, LA boys and Christies number maybe about a 100, the others are probably like under 50 though.
MS are Surenos, but maybe there's more out there.

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » July 11th, 2008, 6:33 pm

MS-13 are Surenos like Rudog said

POBoyKarrSt
If in the United States: New York
What city do you live in now?: Toronto

Unread post by POBoyKarrSt » March 9th, 2017, 10:30 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:
Azure9920 wrote:

MS are Surenos, but maybe there's more out there.
P.O Boys are NOT a Latino gang....they have latino members, but they are mainly an African-Canadian gang.