Grand Theft Auto 4

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 21st, 2008, 1:41 am

Young Deuce wrote:
YO-B wrote:WAT CITY DID SAINT ROW TAKE PLACE IN?
in a city called stilwater based off of chicago and detroit...
u sure bout that...coz the buildin don look like'em cities...

blkboi
What city do you live in now?: KIlladelphia

Unread post by blkboi » May 25th, 2008, 1:36 pm

Saints Row was really good. Robbing stores was crazy, the first game i could ever do that. Bu GTA, is ALOT more realistic. Saints row was fun, GTA is based on realism now, and they did that shit good. Its hard as fuck to out shot cops in GTA now, in Saints Row...i could go by hours just killing niggas real quick. i think GTA4 is better, and Saints Row 2 is gonna be the worst

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 25th, 2008, 3:58 pm

Mcminister wrote:
Young Deuce wrote:
YO-B wrote:WAT CITY DID SAINT ROW TAKE PLACE IN?
in a city called stilwater based off of chicago and detroit...
u sure bout that...coz the buildin don look like'em cities...
thats what the people say its based off of....

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 25th, 2008, 4:05 pm

Mcminister wrote:im with young duece.....i thoght the GTA people wud look at saint raw and step they game up....anybody who played saint row last wudnt really like GTA4 as much....GTA4 is a better game no doubt..its longer and w.e but still saint raw was fun thana mothafucka...all them gang beefs and on and off random fightins..and teritory and shit...the story was jst not long enough.......u cant even have ur own car in GTA4 and custome make it n all that..

i remember i use to mob in some black on black SUV in Saint raw.....in GTA4 all i do is take a fuckin taxi....and i dono i thought it was overrated it is the best grame for Xbox360 yea bt people made me feel like it was GODLY

as if u take ur self to the hospital after being shot, or get robbed randomly walkin in the hood, or the traffic is real , u get tickets if u ran a red light infront of a cop type shit..i playe dit its teh same thing jst better graphics, more cars, people. way better missions and u can be frends and shit.

i think they left out stuf u cud do in san andreas which wuda made the game better....like gettin hungry, working out, gettin fat, gettin more weapon skilled as u shoot regularly and stuff like that.........this game got a whole lot gliches too
yeah thats how i feel....except the best game on 360 naw not with games like Halo, Gears, Bioshock, or COD 4......and if they wanted to make it so real they should have kept the hunger shit....but this just my opinion.....give me customization over realism anyday....but its good to have the 2 different types thats why i like saints row and GTA......and SR2 is about ta be raw.....i wonder if they making a true crimes or driver on next gen systems....

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 25th, 2008, 4:46 pm

that driver game was the shit but it ain good or even half as good as GTA series and all that.

hopefully saint raws 2 will try to get stuff out of GTA4 too..like the chose to kill or not to kill thing...and the double ending.

sometimes folks say that if its too real it becomes wack to play. i do think so but sometimes not......i don like the fact that in GTA4 u cant drive off from the police wen they got they gun at u but u can run away.

lol game glitches are kinda gay too.....i got that crib up on like the northside of Algonquin and i be tryna snipe people but wen u up there , there is no traffic and very few people...and wen u get on hte street the cars are back to normal .

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » May 25th, 2008, 6:06 pm

yeah...and i hope it keeps that same music format...with mostly undergruond rappers....the game just got so many classic songs...big up's to that game fa putting me on ta so many raw rappers...

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 25th, 2008, 7:07 pm

word ...i usualy use the songs off my ipod in GTA4..but i remember in saint Raw i jst bumped to the radio

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Riverside

Re: Grand Theft Auto 4

Unread post by Vincetheprince » July 6th, 2008, 6:41 am

This is a great game, Sniping and blowing the crap out of people (rocket launcher) are the best feelings ever especially when you killa cop or a gangster or a hooker

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » July 22nd, 2008, 2:37 pm

GTA is trying to make art now, like make film type shit. but I think the next GTA they are gonna bring that stuff back, and you can have your own car in GTA 4 mcminister, you gotta park it in your reserved spot outside the apartments. but san andreas was the shit, they need to brng it back to the west or do chi-town like saints row.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » July 22nd, 2008, 2:42 pm

perongregory wrote:GTA is trying to make art now, like make film type shit. but I think the next GTA they are gonna bring that stuff back, and you can have your own car in GTA 4 mcminister, you gotta park it in your reserved spot outside the apartments. but san andreas was the shit, they need to brng it back to the west or do chi-town like saints row.
Yea it will take a lot to convince me that any GTA can be better then San Andreas.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » July 22nd, 2008, 3:28 pm

Sentenza wrote:
perongregory wrote:GTA is trying to make art now, like make film type shit. but I think the next GTA they are gonna bring that stuff back, and you can have your own car in GTA 4 mcminister, you gotta park it in your reserved spot outside the apartments. but san andreas was the shit, they need to brng it back to the west or do chi-town like saints row.
Yea it will take a lot to convince me that any GTA can be better then San Andreas.

They outdid themselves with that one, top quality voice actors, three locations, planes, bikes, motorbikes, cars, customization, plus a gangbangin game that actually kinda resembled some shit they did and do out here, givin shine to the foks on the left side of the map. It was the bomb.

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » July 24th, 2008, 10:30 pm

I agree with sentenza

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » July 26th, 2008, 3:35 pm

San Andreas is the best one.....if they do a los santos stories.....who would they have? probably CJ brother that died or cesar....

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » July 28th, 2008, 1:43 am

really?

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » July 28th, 2008, 2:47 am

thats just my opinion its not comin straight from rockstar...

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » July 28th, 2008, 4:28 am

they need to completely overhaul the endgame structure/gameplay.
Am i the only person that noticed that when you get far into a GTA game it gets kinda stupid?
Look at it like this.
Once I got millions of dollars,several properties and armed guards, what the fuck am i still doing stealing cars and driving myself around?
If im caking like that imma have model bitches driving me around and collecting my cash for me with scheduled head sessions on a bi-hourly basis.
And wouldnt it be cool if you could hire the people that work for you.
you know, like a real boss would.
say a city is cut into 13 sections and you own 5.
since one man can only do but so much work you have to get lieutenants to oversee the day-to-day operations in those sectors.
this opens up the possibility of lieutenants skimming money, talking to police,working together to plan power-moves to get you out and all types of other ish

Now doesn't THAT sound funner then jacking the some dude for his Banshee?

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » July 28th, 2008, 4:31 am

helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa man thats really deep i agree 100000000000000000000000%

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: --

Unread post by Azure9920 » July 28th, 2008, 11:36 am

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:they need to completely overhaul the endgame structure/gameplay.
Am i the only person that noticed that when you get far into a GTA game it gets kinda stupid?
Look at it like this.
Once I got millions of dollars,several properties and armed guards, what the fu-- am i still doing stealing cars and driving myself around?
If im caking like that imma have model women driving me around and collecting my cash for me with scheduled head sessions on a bi-hourly basis.
since one man can only do but so much work you have to get lieutenants to oversee the day-to-day operations in those sectors.
this opens up the possibility of lieutenants skimming money, talking to police,working together to plan power-moves to get you out and all types of other ish

Where's the fun in letting your lieutenants do all the low league stuff while you sit on your ass talking to cops? I do like some of your ideas like making deals with police, having lieutenants and a crew and shit like that, but if you cut out all the other stuff, I think it'd kill the game.

If they did another remake of San Andreas, something like LS Stories, Ima agree with Deuce, playing as Cesar would be awesome...

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » July 28th, 2008, 11:20 pm

Azure9920 wrote:
$outhPhillypuppet wrote:they need to completely overhaul the endgame structure/gameplay.
Look at it like this.
Once I got millions of dollars,several properties and armed guards, what the fu-- am i still doing stealing cars and driving myself around?
If im caking like that imma have model women driving me around and collecting my cash for me with scheduled head sessions on a bi-hourly basis.

Where's the fun in letting your lieutenants do all the low league stuff while you sit on your ass talking to cops? I do like some of your ideas like making deals with police, having lieutenants and a crew and shit like that, but if you cut out all the other stuff, I think it'd kill the game.

If they did another remake of San Andreas, something like LS Stories, Ima agree with Deuce, playing as Cesar would be awesome...
I was talking about adding in those features to the game.
the way GTA games are set up now the players are stuck doing the same grunt work through-out the whole game.
What im talking about is adding in some new gameplay structures to enhance the mid/late game.
I want rockstar to add new options basically.
not take any away.

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » July 29th, 2008, 2:55 am

Simon I agree

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Belize Nicaragua

Unread post by razbojnik » July 30th, 2008, 9:54 am

Life is a bitch, be it's pimp. Video games are entertaining but damn go have sex, that's the best feeling.

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » August 2nd, 2008, 1:18 am

LOL

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » August 4th, 2008, 10:11 pm

I'm serious. :D

But really, why are you talking about ideas for the next GTA game??? They were talking about these types of ideas 4 years ago for San Andreas and they didn't get put in. Alot of this may seem simple, but all of it is really complex. Programming a video game is not easy. How many people did it take to make GTA 4?? Did I heard 150 developers???

You would have to have a 1,000, which to keep up with organizationally being who has done what to the very specific detail will be a hell of a task let alone making the game, to make a game with all the ideas yet thought of by normal users....

It's not impossible to make a big game, a huge one, but it's pretty damn hard. For example a regular city is not the size of the ones in the GTA series. San Andreas is basically the size of my whole town plus a few kilometers in all sides if you include the countryside. From East Los Santos to West San Fierro it takes about 10-15 minutes of driving when you count it in real life, this is including if you drive at the fastest speed you can WITH accidents, but these accidents being accidential because of not pressing the right buttons, having the right timing to respond or miscalculating the speed, but not as the speed of driving at that time overall. In real life, from here to Kocani it takes about 30-45 minutes or more of driving. Kocani is where one of my sisters lives with her family. We drove on the highway maintaining a speed of about 80-100 kilometers per hour since we were like 5 people in this old ass Mercedes that I felt was gonna break down at any time. Then 6 people on the way back in the same Mercedes.

A city is not the size of a city in the GTA games. A city, by western standards, not like New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Chicago or any other of those big cities, is more the size of the whole fake country in Just Cause, give or take.

The location is a hell of a job, especially if everyone wants there to be interiors that are specific and unique as in The Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion, let alone the storyline missions and side missions, and every little detail you can do.

Now, I would love to see the next GTA be a combination of GTA in terms of everything style wise(location, date, storyline, characters, etc.) with the details of The Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion. It's just not gonna happen unless they figure this out.

4 years for Grand Theft Auto 4? I'll say it's worth the wait for everyone else, but not for me. Hell, I haven't even played it, I know I'll love it once I do, but damn, it's just not worth it after everyone expected so damn much..........

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » August 6th, 2008, 10:18 pm

i still agree with youngdeuce

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » August 7th, 2008, 4:25 pm

San Andreas is pretty damn amazing. It was the best one, and one of the best video games overall in my opinion. But everything in the game is getting pretty outdated...

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » August 8th, 2008, 12:50 pm

I guess

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » August 10th, 2008, 10:19 am

Vincetheprince wrote:I guess
1001 posts in 1 month. Concradulations. Besides that, the prediction for the next grand theft auto: The graphics will not be photo nor video realistic, nothing close to Crysis or Call of Duty 4, which in fact for a game of a size such as Grand Theft Auto and with all it's complexities, give it another 2-3 major titles to get to this point so 5-10 years.

Grand Theft Auto 4. Fuck. I can't play it on the laptop but oh well...........

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » August 10th, 2008, 10:49 pm

u think it'll be good

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » August 13th, 2008, 9:10 am

gta 4 soundtrack was shitty...man if i had to hear that swiss beats song 1 mo time i was gon shoot my 360...

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » August 13th, 2008, 11:49 am

lol i feel u

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » August 14th, 2008, 8:10 am

Young Deuce wrote:gta 4 soundtrack was _____...man if i had to hear that swiss beats song 1 mo time i was gon shoot my 360...
Change the radio station.

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Vincetheprince » August 17th, 2008, 11:57 am

hahaha lol some songs were alright