Beginnings of San Antonio gangs

Discuss gangs in the The South in the following states; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C. & West Virgina
spursncowboys
What city do you live in now?: san antonio

Beginnings of San Antonio gangs

Unread post by spursncowboys » July 14th, 2008, 5:17 pm

How did the Kings start. I know they are/were folks down but I don't think they were originated from Chicago. Also how did they get so damn big? I grew up on the northeast side by nacodoches and remember all the different king gangs around in the early 90's.
When did the Ambrose start. I remember everyone I talked to hated them. Remember when they were green and then baby blue. When I was a kid I heard about some Ambrose named Proof. His family on the Northside did some crazy sht!
Remember the local gangs like Bad Company and LA Boys. Wheatly Court Texas, Click and Clan. Anybody remember any others.
On the Northside we Had Underground Kings and Northside Ambrose fighting all the time. Also there were SugerHill Crips. This was when I was about to go to highschool. in 94 or 95

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: --

Re: Beginnings of San Antonio gangs

Unread post by Azure9920 » July 14th, 2008, 6:37 pm

Isn't Ambrose a Folks mobb?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 14th, 2008, 6:53 pm

Azure9920 wrote:Isn't Ambrose a Folks mobb?
I think they may be & kings are 5.

NewMission
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NewMission » July 15th, 2008, 10:05 am

Why does San Anto have alot of Chicago gangs? Whats up with the WS Varrio Kings? I heard the West Side has some pretty old Varrios

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 15th, 2008, 12:02 pm

Sounds like Chicago gangs moved to SA.

spursncowboys

Unread post by spursncowboys » July 15th, 2008, 4:54 pm

NewMission wrote:Why does San Anto have alot of Chicago gangs? Whats up with the WS Varrio Kings? I heard the West Side has some pretty old Varrios
I don't think the Kings in San Antonio are organized beyond San Antonio. WSV Kings have been around since I could remember. There are hundreds of King gangs in San Antonio and none of them have anything to do with ALKN. That is why I was asking about this is to see if anyone knew. The Kings in SA are folks down but I think it is a response to Crips and Ambrose being folks up in SA.
I heard that two kids from Cali moved here and started a dance crew on the west side back in the 80's. Then they started the WSV Kings. I read an article about them being 1000 plus.
A few King gangs I can remember are:
Big Time Kings
Westside Vario Kings
Latin Kings (not the same as the Chi based gang)
Luco Ocho
Underground Kings
My brain went dead, I can't think of any others

DICERxOVSBAxBMTLs
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: ONTA VARRIO SUR

Unread post by DICERxOVSBAxBMTLs » July 15th, 2008, 11:55 pm

spursncowboys wrote:
NewMission wrote:Why does San Anto have alot of Chicago gangs? Whats up with the WS Varrio Kings? I heard the West Side has some pretty old Varrios
I don't think the Kings in San Antonio are organized beyond San Antonio. WSV Kings have been around since I could remember. There are hundreds of King gangs in San Antonio and none of them have anything to do with ALKN. That is why I was asking about this is to see if anyone knew. The Kings in SA are folks down but I think it is a response to Crips and Ambrose being folks up in SA.
I heard that two kids from Cali moved here and started a dance crew on the west side back in the 80's. Then they started the WSV Kings. I read an article about them being 1000 plus.
Big Time Kings
Westside Vario Kings
Luco Ocho
Underground Kings
WHAT DID WSV IN WSV KINGS MEAN?

Skrewdriver
What city do you live in now?: austin texas

Unread post by Skrewdriver » July 16th, 2008, 8:59 am

spursncowboys wrote:How did the Kings start. I know they are/were folks down but I don't think they were originated from Chicago. Also how did they get so damn big? I grew up on the northeast side by nacodoches and remember all the different king gangs around in the early 90's.
When did the Ambrose start. I remember everyone I talked to hated them. Remember when they were green and then baby blue. When I was a kid I heard about some Ambrose named Proof. His family on the Northside did some crazy sht!
Remember the local gangs like Bad Company and LA Boys. Wheatly Court Texas, Click and Clan. Anybody remember any others.
On the Northside we Had Underground Kings and Northside Ambrose fighting all the time. Also there were SugerHill Crips. This was when I was about to go to highschool. in 94 or 95
Original Kings in San Anto were San Anto Kings later became WSV Kings. I knew Fabian (FayDog) who helped start the Ambrose in SA. He was from Chicago. San Anto had/has alot of gangs, BTP (Big Time Pirus), BSV ( Blood stone Villians), ETG (East Terrace Gangstas), AOS(Angels Of Sin), the Fella's, VCG(Victoria court Gangsters), Puro Ocho, GTA(Grand Theft Auto), Suicidal Locos, ICL(Inner City Locos), PCL (Puro Chicano Locos), Holmes Clan, Jeff Clan, Clicksters, NSC (North Side Crew, Skinheads), South Side Skins, DOG (Dope Overthrowing Gangstas), UGK (Underground Kings), Latin Kings, Ambrose, BGD (Black Gangsta Disciples), Bishops, ESP(East Side Playas), BBC (Bad Boys Club), RQ (Rock Quarry), etc. etc. etc. Also San Anto is the HQ for the MexicaniEmi. Also you will find some TS(Texas Syndicate) around and some Pistos(Los Hermanos Pistoleros). In the early 80's you had the Town Freaks. There were and are ALOT of gangs in San Anto.

Skrewdriver

Unread post by Skrewdriver » July 16th, 2008, 9:02 am

DICERxOVSBAxBMTLs wrote:
spursncowboys wrote:
Big Time Kings
Westside Vario Kings
Luco Ocho
Underground Kings
WHAT DID WSV IN WSV KINGS MEAN?
WSV=West Side Varrio. The West side in san anto is overwhelmingly Mexican. Very Similiar to East LA. A very old neighborhood with some clicks going back to the '20's.

Skrewdriver

Unread post by Skrewdriver » July 16th, 2008, 10:01 am

Also got some Aryan Brotherhood and Aryan Circle in San Anto. I have met a few Los Aztecas Warriors in SA also. I almost forgot about the Rigsby Court Bloods. PKO (Pounds, Kilos, Ounces a rap group) were Bloods out of those projects. Plenty of B and C sets in san anto also. some were started by LA transplants and some were homegrown.

NewMission
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NewMission » July 16th, 2008, 10:19 am

Skrewdriver wrote:Also got some Aryan Brotherhood and Aryan Circle in San Anto. I have met a few Los Aztecas Warriors in SA also. I almost forgot about the Rigsby Court Bloods. PKO (Pounds, Kilos, Ounces a rap group) were Bloods out of those projects. Plenty of B and C sets in san anto also. some were started by LA transplants and some were homegrown.

I used to bump PKO back in the day, the album with "San Antonio ain't shyt like compton". But I thought they were crips?

Skrewdriver

Unread post by Skrewdriver » July 17th, 2008, 7:11 am

NewMission wrote:
Skrewdriver wrote:Also got some Aryan Brotherhood and Aryan Circle in San Anto. I have met a few Los Aztecas Warriors in SA also. I almost forgot about the Rigsby Court Bloods. PKO (Pounds, Kilos, Ounces a rap group) were Bloods out of those projects. Plenty of B and C sets in san anto also. some were started by LA transplants and some were homegrown.

I used to bump PKO back in the day, the album with "San Antonio ain't shyt like compton". But I thought they were crips?
Nah, a homeboy a mine knew them well and had their first demo cassette where the cover was of them throwing up blood signs. I used to live right by the Rigsby Courts were PKO came outta and that place was 100% Bloods back then. I knew Joker back then, first he lost his leg by shotgun blast then a few years later he was gunned down right outside Rigsby's. He was pretty tight with PKO as well.

NewMission
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NewMission » July 17th, 2008, 11:32 am

Skrewdriver wrote:
NewMission wrote:

Nah, a homeboy a mine knew them well and had their first demo cassette where the cover was of them throwing up blood signs. I used to live right by the Rigsby Courts were PKO came outta and that place was 100% Bloods back then. I knew Joker back then, first he lost his leg by shotgun blast then a few years later he was gunned down right outside Rigsby's. He was pretty tight with PKO as well.

Thats the tape I had, Black & White cover with them throwin up signs.

spursncowboys

Unread post by spursncowboys » July 18th, 2008, 3:44 pm

PKO. Was Sweet Pea in that? Or Bighouse?

VALERO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VALERO » August 8th, 2008, 3:00 am

Just want to add a little to the thread that hasn't been discussed already. East Terrace Gangsters are Crips (East Terrace got tore down though), Wheatley Courts Gangsters are Bloods (Wheatley Courts have not been torn down). Another big Blood gang in San Antonio is Stixx, which is in the Stixx hood on the eastside of S.A. (this hood has streets like Morningview, Lincolnshire, Yucca, Sterling, Dorie-I'm not sure if the streets on the side and to the back of MLK Middle School, like Corliss, are considered the Stixx).

I'm not sure if the Rigsby were ever considered to be a real project rather just being a really bad apartment complex, I could be wrong though. It's kinda like the New Light Village, I always assumed they were a project but the New Light Village was actually just a really bad apartment complex, and they still are today, I don't care that they changed the name to Center Park or Center Point or Center whatever, I still call them the New Light Village.

Yes Skrewdriver the westside is overwhelmingly Mexican. However, there are a few blacks, mainly in and around the Lincoln Courts Projects near Zarzamora. The Lincoln Courts started out originally as a segregated black project (I think Victoria Courts was originally meant for whites only) but as time went on it started to reflect the Mexican population of the neighboring westside. I'm sure there's more Mexicans that blacks in the Lincoln Courts today but there are still some blacks living in that westside project and I'm assuming on neighboring streets also, like Poplar.

Adding on to info about the Rigsby. I think guys out of the Rigsby had beef with guys from the Sutton Homes, a project in the northern part of the eastside right across the highway from the Carson Homes (not a project, just a hood that's mostly Mexican now but was black back in the day) and Fort Sam Houston. I'm not sure if the Sutton was Crip or Blood, but I remember back in the 90s seeing on the news some Rigsby guys that rolled through the Sutton and were shooting at some guys. Instead of killing their intended rivals, they shot some Mexican dude who worked in the Sutton Homes, I think he may have been a gardener or something.

Another Crip gang on the eastside is Crockett Block Crip, which I think is mainly found on and around Crockett Street. Crockett Street used to have a real bad reputation. I think I vaguely remember an eastside gang called Blaine Street. Blaine Street is a street near the Wheatley Courts, so I guess the guys that live on streets with houses around the Wheatley (like Blue Bonnet, Nolan, etc.) may join Blaine, while the guys inside the projects join the Wheatley Courts Gangsters, I'm not sure though so I may be wrong. Some 15 year old kid that went to school in the Judson School District got killed on Blaine Street a few months ago or last year.

NewMission
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NewMission » August 8th, 2008, 10:01 am

VALERO wrote:Just want to add a little to the thread that hasn't been discussed already. East Terrace Gangsters are Crips (East Terrace got tore down though), Wheatley Courts Gangsters are Bloods (Wheatley Courts have not been torn down). Another big Blood gang in San Antonio is Stixx, which is in the Stixx hood on the eastside of S.A. (this hood has streets like Morningview, Lincolnshire, Yucca, Sterling, Dorie-I'm not sure if the streets on the side and to the back of MLK Middle School, like Corliss, are considered the Stixx).

I'm not sure if the Rigsby were ever considered to be a real project rather just being a really bad apartment complex, I could be wrong though. It's kinda like the New Light Village, I always assumed they were a project but the New Light Village was actually just a really bad apartment complex, and they still are today, I don't care that they changed the name to Center Park or Center Point or Center whatever, I still call them the New Light Village.

Yes Skrewdriver the westside is overwhelmingly Mexican. However, there are a few blacks, mainly in and around the Lincoln Courts Projects near Zarzamora. The Lincoln Courts started out originally as a segregated black project (I think Victoria Courts was originally meant for whites only) but as time went on it started to reflect the Mexican population of the neighboring westside. I'm sure there's more Mexicans that blacks in the Lincoln Courts today but there are still some blacks living in that westside project and I'm assuming on neighboring streets also, like Poplar.

Adding on to info about the Rigsby. I think guys out of the Rigsby had beef with guys from the Sutton Homes, a project in the northern part of the eastside right across the highway from the Carson Homes (not a project, just a hood that's mostly Mexican now but was black back in the day) and Fort Sam Houston. I'm not sure if the Sutton was Crip or Blood, but I remember back in the 90s seeing on the news some Rigsby guys that rolled through the Sutton and were shooting at some guys. Instead of killing their intended rivals, they shot some Mexican dude who worked in the Sutton Homes, I think he may have been a gardener or something.

Another Crip gang on the eastside is Crockett Block Crip, which I think is mainly found on and around Crockett Street. Crockett Street used to have a real bad reputation. I think I vaguely remember an eastside gang called Blaine Street. Blaine Street is a street near the Wheatley Courts, so I guess the guys that live on streets with houses around the Wheatley (like Blue Bonnet, Nolan, etc.) may join Blaine, while the guys inside the projects join the Wheatley Courts Gangsters, I'm not sure though so I may be wrong. Some 15 year old kid that went to school in the Judson School District got killed on Blaine Street a few months ago or last year.

A few years ago I read in article in the Dallas Observer, about the two youngest kids ever to be tried as adults for murder in texas. One kid was from San Anto and he was Altedena Block Crip, the article said his older brother had moved to Cali for a few years and when he came back he was an Altedena Block crip and put his little brother on and it was crackin from there. The other kid was from 357Crip Dixon Cr from Dallas. Basically the article said that Altedena block crip was one of, if not the first crip gangs in San Anto, and thats what got the B& C's started there. Is thier any truth to this? If you want to find the article I think its still on thier website.

VALERO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VALERO » August 8th, 2008, 7:58 pm

NewMission wrote:A few years ago I read in article in the Dallas Observer, about the two youngest kids ever to be tried as adults for murder in texas. One kid was from San Anto and he was Altedena Block Crip, the article said his older brother had moved to Cali for a few years and when he came back he was an Altedena Block crip and put his little brother on and it was crackin from there. The other kid was from 357Crip Dixon Cr from Dallas. Basically the article said that Altedena block crip was one of, if not the first crip gangs in San Anto, and thats what got the B& C's started there. Is thier any truth to this? If you want to find the article I think its still on thier website.
You know NewMission, I think I've read that article several times. The thing is I don't remember hearing about Altedena Block Crip when I was coming up, but I wasn't in the streets like a lot of kids, so I was probably out of the loop (I was fortunate to grow up with parents that actually gave a fuck about me). The thing I remember about that kid is that he lived in the East Terrace projects for a while, which was Crip (ETGs). The timeline of his story was in the late 80s and early 90s, I was pretty young back then so I wasn't paying as much attention to the San Antonio gang situation. Some more knowledgeable San Antonio people probably have better info on the beginnings of black San Antonians adopting Cali gang culture than I do. A lot of black Californians have roots in either Texas or Louisiana, so it's not hard to imagine a black kid from Texas living in Cali for a few years, adopting the lifestyle, and bringing it back home to Texas.

spursncowboys

Unread post by spursncowboys » September 5th, 2008, 5:18 pm

This is from a forum from city-data.com . It is under san antonio and under "gangs of san antonio".

I remember the Gangs in 'San Anto' growing up here in Culebra Park in the NW Side of this city. Holmes HS had a 'big gang problem' in the Late 80's and Early 90's. Of course, there was the Klan and the Klik. There were different facets of the Klan. The Original Klan was created by the San Antonio Newsmedia in the late 1980's because they would run around in groups and get into pretty big brawls. Actually, the Klan used to tag their motto as 'The Clan' but changed it to the Klan because everybody was adding "K" to their name like the Klik and Kings. The Klan was heavily situated in the NW side of San Antonio and was primarily of Hispanic membership with extentions to Anglos and Blacks as well. The Klan was divided into two factions, one being at Jefferson HS and the other at Holmes. The Klanners are Jefferson HS were started up by the Silva Bros. in the early 80's and those 'Dirties' kicked ASS! And the Klanners are Holmes were a bunch of 'pretty boys.' You could identify the Klan by what they wore. The Original Klanners wore brown constuction boots called 'Redwings' and then later evolved to the BlackPull up Redwings, dressing along with Polo shirts identifying themselves with a White University of Texas Longhorns Cap. The Klik originated at Jefferson HS, from what I've been told, by the Romo Bros. and wanted to be a part of the Klan at Jeff HS, but they were rejected and eventually formed their core membership which they later called themselves the 'Bud Boys' after the Budweiser Beer Logo and that's how they originated themselves with the 'Red Rag' which later evolved into the group becoming the Klik. The Klik was somewhat different than the Klan and sought out to spread it affluence to other parts of the city expanding to Taft HS, Harlandale HS, Memorial HS, and to a few other schools as well. The Klan eventually died out at Jefferson and the Klik consolidated power and took over that public instituion of higher learning. The Klan at Holmes remained in existance but had undergone some evolutionary changes. In the early 90's, what was to be known as the 'Holmes Klan' at the Time, the 'Holmes Klan' was fighting a multifront war against the Klik who made alliances with other gangs in the city at the time, notably with gangs from John Jay HS being 'The Boyz Club,' The Young Country (YC's) and the NSR's (Northside Rollers), the Powerheads by Edison HS along with some skinhead groups like the Sharps who proclaimed themselves to be (Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice). They all tried to take the Holmes Klan out, but they were NEVER successful in their means to do so. Eventually, the Klan consolidated their powerbase and retook Holmes in 1991 after the passage of the Muskee Klik which at the time had grown big to become the major gang at the school. They had referred to themselves as the HK (Holmes Klik). The reason they had grown so big was because alot of the original Klanners at Holmes HS had been kicked out for things such as fighting or not adhering to the school conduct policy or they just plainly dropped out of school, many different reasons. The Klan then reemerged with a new generation of Hispanic youth ready to emulate the 'urban myth legends' and stories that they had always heard about growing up from older siblings and relatives. I will discuss the Second Wave of Gang Membership at a different time because times were changing with the emergence of the "Folks Up and Down" phenomena that hit the City of 'San Anto' by storm and originated in the Southside of San Anto which was Known then as the CG's (Chicago Gangsters). On a personal note, I am glad that violence no longer permates in our city as it once did from 88-through the entire decade of the Nineties. When the movie, "Colors" came out in 1988 and the rap group N.W.A (*****s With Attitude) came out with "Straight Outta of Compton" as well, those two things in the media also contributed 'overnight' to the establishment and to the 'explosion' of Gang Violence and Rivalries that affected our city.