Cotto vs. Margarito

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Cotto vs. Margarito

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » July 26th, 2008, 8:02 pm

its gonna start in a couple minutes.
Ill post results.
hopefully my feed doesnt die out.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Re: Cotto vs. Margarito

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » July 26th, 2008, 9:02 pm

cotto
marg
cotto
cotto
cotto
cotto ----------damn that PR girl in the crowd look lovely
marg--------Damn Marg was givin it to Cotto this round.cotto looked fucked up
marg--------cotto was runnin tryin to get his legs back.
cotto--------marg was beatin the hell out of cottos gloves that round
tie

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » July 26th, 2008, 9:04 pm

OH SHIT
Marg won by TKO
Cotto took 2 knees and gave up
cotto gassed

great fight
best i saw in awhile.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » July 26th, 2008, 9:18 pm

Yo thats fucked up.
they shows a clip of cotto son and wife crying and slowed it down.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » July 26th, 2008, 9:52 pm

I just got home from watching the fight. Yes Margarito stopped Cotto, but I was not impressed with Antonio's performance at all. I knew Antonio was going to take some punches, but he took too many. For the most part, Cotto's performance was excellent in the early to mid rounds. This fight took something out of each fighter. Margarito should get out of Boxing, he just takes too much punishment, he's going to end up getting hurt.

And Cotto, I don't think he will be the same.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » July 27th, 2008, 5:45 pm

oso1 wrote:I just got home from watching the fight. Yes Margarito stopped Cotto, but I was not impressed with Antonio's performance at all. I knew Antonio was going to take some punches, but he took too many. For the most part, Cotto's performance was excellent in the early to mid rounds. This fight took something out of each fighter. Margarito should get out of Boxing, he just takes too much punishment, he's going to end up getting hurt.

I didnt get to see it, but if Cotto's performance was good, what did he NOT do to win? Margarito is always competative. Hope to watch it on the replay.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » July 27th, 2008, 7:14 pm

alexalonso wrote:
oso1 wrote:I just got home from watching the fight. Yes Margarito stopped Cotto, but I was not impressed with Antonio's performance at all. I knew Antonio was going to take some punches, but he took too many. For the most part, Cotto's performance was excellent in the early to mid rounds. This fight took something out of each fighter. Margarito should get out of Boxing, he just takes too much punishment, he's going to end up getting hurt.

I didnt get to see it, but if Cotto's performance was good, what did he NOT do to win? Margarito is always competative. Hope to watch it on the replay.
The reason why Cottos performance was good, is because Cotto was using excellent footwork, blocking and slipping punches, And Cotto was landing some solid combinations. But Cotto just could not keep up that pace, round after round.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » July 27th, 2008, 7:18 pm

Cotto did pretty much everything he could do to try and win this fight.
early on he pretty much out boxed Margarito.
Marg would come straight forward and throw in flurries with only maybe 1 shot landing.
Cotto then would counter with 2 or 3 clean shots and circle out to his left.
this was happening throughout the whole fight and Cotto's left hook was landing pretty much everytime he threw it.
the thing was that Marg just kept coming forward and making Cotto run.
Later in the 7th or 8th round Cotto started to gas and got hit more often in marg's flurries.
Then when he realized he couldnt knock marg out, cotto looked like he didnt want to fight anymore and got hit hard.
in the 11th round he took 2 knees and his cornerman threw in the towel.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » July 29th, 2008, 1:42 am

if there was a rematch, what would Cotto have to do different? Although you say he tierd out, I am assuming he was well conditioned, and trained hard for this fight, so I dont think that he needs to improve his conditioning. Does he need to slow the pace down to have more energy later? i know Margarito is good, but i thought that he was more vulnerable than Cotto. I wonder if Margarito was on steroids.

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » July 29th, 2008, 3:08 am

Margarito was good and he did what he always does, move forward and pound the body. Cotto looked tired because he had been getting his body beat up the whole fight. Cotto was visibly wincin in the later rounds on almost every body blow. Margarito didnt do anything different than he normally does though thats why Mayweather and Delahoya refused to fight him.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » July 30th, 2008, 2:21 am

alexalonso wrote:if there was a rematch, what would Cotto have to do different? Although you say he tierd out, I am assuming he was well conditioned, and trained hard for this fight, so I dont think that he needs to improve his conditioning. Does he need to slow the pace down to have more energy later? i know Margarito is good, but i thought that he was more vulnerable than Cotto. I wonder if Margarito was on steroids.
I dont know about the roids but he was taking and eating everything cotto threw.
He was getting hit hard and taking a ridiculous amount of punishment like oso1 said.
i thnk to beat Marg he has to find a way to hurt'em so he stops coming forward and pushin the pace.
If cotto would of slowed him down a bit to have enough energy for 1 1/2 more rounds he would of won by decision.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » August 7th, 2008, 11:44 am

Marg wasnt on roids of any kind, both fighters urine samples came out clean. El Nuevo Dia(PR newspaper), issued a formal apology to the Margarito camp as they were the ones to first imply that Tony Margarito may have juiced. Anyone who has followed the 'Tijuana Tornado's' career knows this cat has a granite chin. He literally walked thru Kermit Cintron's bombs(he arguably hits harder than any other welter out there). Back to the fight, he simply wore Cotto down with smart, constant pressure, great body work, and cyborg-like punch output. I thought it was a excellent fight, very intense and dramatic from start to finish. Have to wonder how much both fighters left of themselves in the ring that nite..

necron
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: London

Unread post by necron » August 18th, 2008, 2:13 pm

Honestly, if Floyd or Oscar fought this cat what do you think the outcome would be?

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » August 19th, 2008, 12:02 pm

Honestly, I think Oscar would get beaten pillar to post after the midrounds. No way he stays on his bicycle for twelve, intense rounds. He might even get stopped by Tony.. As for Floyd, it would be a game of cat and mouse, Tony would
literally chase him around the ring all nite long, get hit cleanly alot coming in(incurring no real damage though), and bang
away at Floyd, arms and torso to try and take his legs away. Mayweather has the stamina to move the entire fight, Margs
is much bigger and stronger.. Right now I have to go with the Tijuana Tornado by decision.