IS THE IRISH AMERICAN MOB DEAD?

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

IS THE IRISH AMERICAN MOB DEAD?

Unread post by dinky » September 5th, 2008, 10:09 am

With the influx of other ethnic criminals,what is the state of play for the Irish mob in cities like New York and Boston?

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Belize Nicaragua

Re: IS THE IRISH AMERICAN MOB DEAD?

Unread post by razbojnik » September 5th, 2008, 11:25 am

Don't ask. My sister and her husband lives in Ireland...

Grinch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Idaho
What city do you live in now?: Res Publica Serenissima

Unread post by Grinch » September 5th, 2008, 11:36 am

razbojnik wrote:Don't ask. My sister and her husband lives in Ireland...
Two of my brothers live there too...

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dinky » September 5th, 2008, 12:21 pm

I live in the uk and have friends and family in Ireland.Im asking about American Irish.

Grinch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Grinch » September 5th, 2008, 12:42 pm

I dont think that there is a significant presence of Irish crime organizations in USA anymore ,i think that thewestside would know more about it.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » September 5th, 2008, 12:56 pm

dinky wrote:With the influx of other ethnic criminals,what is the state of play for the Irish mob in cities like New York and Boston?
The Irish ceased having a major presence in American organized crime by the 1940's. However, you still had groups here and there, the two most well known being the Westies in New York and the Winter Hill Gang in Boston. But there isn't much left of those groups either at this point.

mmd604
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by mmd604 » September 5th, 2008, 5:26 pm

what about the uk are irish crime groups prominent in the underworld

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » September 5th, 2008, 6:26 pm

Grinch wrote:
Really? What city? Mine live in Cork.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » September 5th, 2008, 6:27 pm

mmd604 wrote:what about the uk are irish crime groups prominent in the underworld
In the movie the Departed they were...

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » September 5th, 2008, 6:28 pm

Grinch wrote:I dont think that there is a significant presence of Irish crime organizations in USA anymore ,i think that thewestside would know more about it.
There isn't unless the Departed has you confused...

Yes, Westside knows everything.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » September 5th, 2008, 8:15 pm

razbojnik wrote:
Grinch wrote:I dont think that there is a significant presence of Irish crime organizations in USA anymore ,i think that thewestside would know more about it.
There isn't unless the Departed has you confused...

Yes, Westside knows everything.
No, I don't know everything.

But I do know that The Departed was based partly on an older movie called Internal Affairs, as well as partly on Irish mobster James "Whitey" Bulger from Boston's Winter Hill Gang. Bulger and the gang were at the height of their power in the 1970's and 1980's, rivaling the Patriarca Family. The Winter Hill Gang controlled South Boston while the Patriarcas controlled North Boston. As is now well known, Bulger had been a secret FBI informant for years. Much of the gang was taken down in the early 1990's and Bulger became a fugitive and has now been on the FBI's Top Ten Most Wanted list for years. The feds just raised the reward for his capture to $2 million a few days ago.

Grinch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Grinch » September 6th, 2008, 2:00 am

razbojnik wrote:
Grinch wrote:
Really? What city? Mine live in Cork.
Dublin.

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dinky » September 6th, 2008, 5:22 am

mmd604 wrote:what about the uk are irish crime groups prominent in the underworld
The Irish arent really prominent in the UK underworld,im from Scotland and crime there is run by locals,London has a varied mix of ethnic crime organisations,other cities like Manchester and Birmingham are mainly local and Jamaicans,there arent any major Irish groups there i think politics gets in the way.However i think the Irish cities are run by locals.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » September 6th, 2008, 6:04 am

Grinch wrote:Dublin.
Do you know a 20 or something year old named Robby that has a dog's face???

If so, tell him Make said goodbye.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » September 6th, 2008, 6:05 am

thewestside wrote:No, I don't know everything.

But I do know that The Departed was based partly on an older movie called Internal Affairs, as well as partly on Irish mobster James "Whitey" Bulger from Boston's Winter Hill Gang. Bulger and the gang were at the height of their power in the 1970's and 1980's, rivaling the Patriarca Family. The Winter Hill Gang controlled South Boston while the Patriarcas controlled North Boston. As is now well known, Bulger had been a secret FBI informant for years. Much of the gang was taken down in the early 1990's and Bulger became a fugitive and has now been on the FBI's Top Ten Most Wanted list for years. The feds just raised the reward for his capture to $2 million a few days ago.
I'd make 2 million bucks a month working with them, why give him up???

But damn, 2 million bucks. I'd still rather give up Osama but he's not for sale.

Grinch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Grinch » September 6th, 2008, 7:22 am

razbojnik wrote:
Grinch wrote:Dublin.
Do you know a 20 or something year old named Robby that has a dog's face???

If so, tell him Make said goodbye.
LOL, i don't know no Robby.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » September 7th, 2008, 8:13 pm

Grinch wrote:LOL, i don't know no Robby.
Good.

AlbaniaUnited
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: The Bronx

Unread post by AlbaniaUnited » September 8th, 2008, 11:13 pm

dinky wrote:With the influx of other ethnic criminals,what is the state of play for the Irish mob in cities like New York and Boston?

The Irish mob in America is not dead. It just has cancer and is going through kemo. Chances don't look too good the doctor said. They hold a stance in Canada though.

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » September 9th, 2008, 11:19 am

in america maybe irish mob has cancer but albanian mob has leukaemia after rudaj indictement ahahaha i read that bugler and his irish gang in boston is sill powerful and by far stronger than any albanian groups across america (if they really still are alive) at least bugler was not submitted by the mafia like rudaj he had his independet gang...

AlbaniaUnited
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: The Bronx

Unread post by AlbaniaUnited » September 9th, 2008, 4:13 pm

Faciulina wrote:in america maybe irish mob has cancer but albanian mob has leukaemia after rudaj indictement ahahaha i read that bugler and his irish gang in boston is sill powerful and by far stronger than any albanian groups across america (if they really still are alive) at least bugler was not submitted by the mafia like rudaj he had his independet gang...

I do not know what you mean by submitted by the mafia. But I'll take it as you said something ignorant an unsmart because thats your usual case. Alex Rudaj did not back down or submit to the mafia. He stuck a gun to Gambino boss' face. Threatened to kill them all. Took over a club protected by them. Another club protected by the Luccheses and beat up made men. So tell me, in what way did they submit to the mafia?

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » September 9th, 2008, 5:23 pm

AlbaniaUnited wrote:
Faciulina wrote:in america maybe irish mob has cancer but albanian mob has leukaemia after rudaj indictement ahahaha i read that bugler and his irish gang in boston is sill powerful and by far stronger than any albanian groups across america (if they really still are alive) at least bugler was not submitted by the mafia like rudaj he had his independet gang...

I do not know what you mean by submitted by the mafia. But I'll take it as you said something ignorant an unsmart because thats your usual case. Alex Rudaj did not back down or submit to the mafia. He stuck a gun to Gambino boss' face. Threatened to kill them all. Took over a club protected by them. Another club protected by the Luccheses and beat up made men. So tell me, in what way did they submit to the mafia?
Arnold Squirtiri was not a Gambino boss, he was a capo or street boss. Rudaj didnt kill any made members just beat them up. New York rules are different, if this happened in Jersey, Rudaj would be dead and not in prison.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: --

Unread post by Azure9920 » September 9th, 2008, 5:25 pm

Not America that I know of, but there are Irish crime groups in Canada.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » September 9th, 2008, 5:44 pm

At one time the Winter Hill gang was certainly more powerful than the Rudaj gang ever was. But Bulger has been in hiding for years, as well as on the FBI's Top Ten Most Wanted List. And the Winter Hill gang appears to be largely defunct.
Richboy17 wrote:Arnold Squirtiri was not a Gambino boss, he was a capo or street boss. Rudaj didnt kill any made members just beat them up. New York rules are different, if this happened in Jersey, Rudaj would be dead and not in prison.
I'm not sure what you mean by New York rules are different than New Jersey. Squitieri was the Acting Boss of the Gambino family at the time. Which could also be termed "street boss." As I have said before, and as the authorities have said, the Gambinos were operating in a fractured state at this time. Both they and the Luccheses were realing from recent indictments and convictions. This is what allowed the Rudaj gang to temporarilly take over two Greek clubs in Queens that were paying tribute to those two LCN families. Still a very ballsy move to be sure, but certainly not as important as many in the media at the time, a few law enforcement personel, and a couple posters on this forum would like to believe.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » September 9th, 2008, 9:18 pm

AlbaniaUnited wrote:

It was actually the other way round, arnold got heated and threatend to blow alex's brains out but then nikola pointed his gun at the pump and threatend to blow everyone up.We've been through this with Johnny over and over again,besides they never beat any made men up it was some silly greek criminals in queens they pistol whipped,now where's Alex Rudaj? He dont have shit.

Albanian's lacked what the italians have,Longetivity.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » September 9th, 2008, 9:35 pm

TeeKay wrote:It was actually the other way round, arnold got heated and threatend to blow alex's brains out but then nikola pointed his gun at the pump and threatend to blow everyone up.We've been through this with Johnny over and over again,besides they never beat any made men up it was some silly greek criminals in queens they pistol whipped,now where's Alex Rudaj? He dont have shit.

Albanian's lacked what the italians have,Longetivity.
This is what I've said over and over again. The reason one of the Rudaj guys threatened to do something as drastic as shoot a gas pump with a shotgun was because they were vastly outnumbered by the Gambinos. But AlbaniaUnited would have everyone believe that the Gambinos backed off simply because the Rudaj guys pointed their guns at them. What we have here is just another Albanian poster blowing up the Rudaj gang out of proportion. As for the Rudaj guys actually beating up made guys, I've seen mention of it here and there but never any real evidence. No specific names, places, or situations where this was supposed to have happened.

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » September 11th, 2008, 5:00 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by New York rules are different than New Jersey. Squitieri was the Acting Boss of the Gambino family at the time. Which could also be termed "street boss." As I have said before, and as the authorities have said, the Gambinos were operating in a fractured state at this time. Both they and the Luccheses were realing from recent indictments and convictions. This is what allowed the Rudaj gang to temporarilly take over two Greek clubs in Queens that were paying tribute to those two LCN families. Still a very ballsy move to be sure, but certainly not as important as many in the media at the time, a few law enforcement personel, and a couple posters on this forum would like to believe.[/quote]

Usually in New York you get a beating if you disrespect a made member. In New Jersey the guys gonna get whacked. If this happened in Jersey the Decalvcantes would of blown Rudaj face off anyway. They have nothing to lose because they are a small family that is looked down anyway, they just wanna be on the map.

gornto
If in the United States: New Mexico
What city do you live in now?: Staten Island

Unread post by gornto » June 5th, 2011, 2:55 pm

The "Irish Mob" is dead. The westies are all gone, they died with that fat serb. The winter hill is the closest thing to the "Irish Mob" there is. They have a boss and a few lieutenants now they are nothin more than bookies and drug pushers.

-Plus i heard Bulger died in Puerto Rico or some shit...

amerikein
If in the United States: Wisconsin
What city do you live in now?: Malaga

Unread post by amerikein » March 19th, 2012, 11:30 am

Theyre not at all died. The irish mob have lost power because of the mixture of ethnices in the neighborhoods where they were known by their hegemony. Nowadays they still working in districts of connecticut, Philly and Pennsylvania. Theve lost most of his power but it isnt completly died.

Slugger978
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Boca Raton

Unread post by Slugger978 » May 14th, 2016, 7:54 am

No, just hung over!

canadianbarrio
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Maine
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by canadianbarrio » January 9th, 2017, 8:14 pm

in USA the irish mafia's dead but in Canada the irish mafia's still present like the West End Gang.