The True Meaning of "Mayate"!

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

The True Meaning of "Mayate"!

Unread post by youngspade » August 22nd, 2008, 9:36 am

Im black and I want to talk about the TRUE meaning of the word "MAYATE".

I heard that the word Mayate, came from a little BLACK bug that gets on mexicans nerves......in Mexico

Is it TRUE, Ive heard this from my closest hispanic friends.

Babmuk
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Highfa

Re: The True Meaning of "Mayate"!

Unread post by Babmuk » August 22nd, 2008, 9:58 am

There already been topic about this term,use SEARCH

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » August 22nd, 2008, 10:12 am

Babmuk wrote:There already been topic about this term,use SEARCH

Im at work, I aint got time to search NOTHING. Plus new day, new opinions.

MadIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: CHICAGO

Unread post by MadIP » August 23rd, 2008, 6:49 am

I DONT KNOW THE ORIGIN BUT WHEN THEY USE IT THEY MEAN " HOMOSEXUAL "

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » August 23rd, 2008, 9:20 am

Mayate is a black bug nothing secret about it. When they use it here its the same as saying nigger.

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » August 23rd, 2008, 1:56 pm

MadIP wrote:I DONT KNOW THE ORIGIN BUT WHEN THEY USE IT THEY MEAN " HOMOSEXUAL "
not even close fool

MadIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MadIP » August 24th, 2008, 3:27 am

YOU AINT EVEN MEXICAN , U PUNK ASS BITCH FUCK U GONNA KNOW, MAYATE I DONT KNOW THE ORIGIN OF THE WORD BUT I KNOW TOLD BY SEVERAL MEXICANS IT MEANS " HOMOSEXUAL ", THATS WHY THEY USE IT TO REFER TO BLACKS

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » August 25th, 2008, 7:58 am

MadIP wrote:YOU AINT EVEN MEXICAN , U PUNK ASS BITCH fu-- U GONNA KNOW, MAYATE I DONT KNOW THE ORIGIN OF THE WORD BUT I KNOW TOLD BY SEVERAL MEXICANS IT MEANS " HOMOSEXUAL ", THATS WHY THEY USE IT TO REFER TO BLACKS

Maybe we just irratate them like a Black Bug in Mexico?

Just maybe.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » August 25th, 2008, 2:54 pm

MadIP wrote:I DONT KNOW THE ORIGIN BUT WHEN THEY USE IT THEY MEAN " HOMOSEXUAL "
The word for homosexual is "maricon". I think that's what you're talking about.

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » August 25th, 2008, 10:30 pm

MadIP wrote:YOU AINT EVEN MEXICAN , U PUNK ASS BITCH fu-- U GONNA KNOW, MAYATE I DONT KNOW THE ORIGIN OF THE WORD BUT I KNOW TOLD BY SEVERAL MEXICANS IT MEANS " HOMOSEXUAL ", THATS WHY THEY USE IT TO REFER TO BLACKS
thats right fool....i am NOT a mexican....im an AMERICAN chicano.......and yes i do know spanish................................kid...why you bang so tough on the net we all know you weak with a big mouth............just go away
you dont know everything....in fact i think you dont know shyt.....and trust me fool im VERY legit

and yeah...maricon means fag and mayate means n!gger......a mayate is a little black beetle type of bug....its like italians saying eggplant

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » August 26th, 2008, 8:53 am

andrew wrote:
thats right fool....i am NOT a mexican....im an AMERICAN chicano.......and yes i do know spanish................................kid...why you bang so tough on the net we all know you weak with a big mouth............just go away
you dont know everything....in fact i think you dont know shyt.....and trust me fool im VERY legit

and yeah...maricon means fag and mayate means n!gger......a mayate is a little black beetle type of bug....its like italians saying eggplant

Not to start a debate but, how can you say the actual meaning to mayate is the word "nigger" but then go it REALLY means A LITTLE BLACK BEETLE........Your just saying what you think it means, not what it truly means and standing by that only.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » August 26th, 2008, 10:53 am

Damn folks is in here being thick headed and shit.

Mayate LITERALLY means "little black bug"

But in CONTEXT it means "n!gger"

Just like LITERALLY eggplant means eggplant

But in CONTEXT it means "n!gger"

Doesn't even mean anything like homosexual LOL @ that BS

Anon
What city do you live in now?: FB

Unread post by Anon » August 26th, 2008, 3:02 pm

It is my experience that non-gang affiliated Mexicans older than say, 25, tend to know the term as a derrogatory towards homosexuals (it does not imply a specific race). This is one of those words that means different things to different people, even those that speak the same language. COLD BEAR is right, it's all about context.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » August 26th, 2008, 6:59 pm

Silencioso wrote:
The word for homosexual is "maricon". I think that's what you're talking about.
Maricon...or Hoto

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » August 26th, 2008, 8:35 pm

Anon wrote:It is my experience that non-gang affiliated Mexicans older than say, 25, tend to know the term as a derrogatory towards homosexuals (it does not imply a specific race). This is one of those words that means different things to different people, even those that speak the same language. COLD BEAR is right, it's all about context.
then your experience is wrong bro.....you may have the word maricon and mayate mixed up......or maybe the older than 25 mexicans you been experimenting with have the word mixed up

HIGHINSP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: kush county

Unread post by HIGHINSP » September 1st, 2008, 12:06 pm

A mayate is a stink bug...and its black...amongst surenos in prison... its well known that blacks...arn't very clean...its common to see nergos laying on their beds in their workout clothes...that maybe get washed once a week...plus they never take off them stupid looking beenies or jackets...no matter how fucken hot it is...so they sweat alot... sweat + bad hygine = funky ass smell...so lets see here...if your black and you smell...your a mayate...now i could be wrong but...junebugs those flying ugly ass beetles are also called mayates...so maybe the prison logic is a bit twisted...but hey its prison...high

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » September 2nd, 2008, 8:32 am

HIGHINSP wrote:A mayate is a stink bug...and its black...amongst surenos in prison... its well known that blacks...arn't very clean...its common to see nergos laying on their beds in their workout clothes...that maybe get washed once a week...plus they never take off them stupid looking beenies or jackets...no matter how #%@&$% hot it is...so they sweat alot... sweat + bad hygine = funky ass smell...so lets see here...if your black and you smell...your a mayate...now i could be wrong but...junebugs those flying ugly ass beetles are also called mayates...so maybe the prison logic is a bit twisted...but hey its prison...high

Thanks for a THE REAL meaning. You just didnt say, it "MEANS NIGGAR YAR" so I respect you alot for that.

HIGHINSP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: kush county

Unread post by HIGHINSP » September 3rd, 2008, 7:13 pm

youngspade wrote:
HIGHINSP wrote:A mayate is a stink bug...and its black...amongst surenos in prison... its well known that blacks...arn't very clean...its common to see nergos laying on their beds in their workout clothes...that maybe get washed once a week...plus they never take off them stupid looking beenies or jackets...no matter how #%@&$% hot it is...so they sweat alot... sweat + bad hygine = funky ass smell...so lets see here...if your black and you smell...your a mayate...now i could be wrong but...junebugs those flying ugly ass beetles are also called mayates...so maybe the prison logic is a bit twisted...but hey its prison...high

Thanks for a THE REAL meaning. You just didnt say, it "MEANS NIGGAR YAR" so I respect you alot for that.
maybe 1 day we can begin to understand each other...i didnt grow up around blacks...so i have no hard feeling towards blacks as a race...i also am smart enough to not bring prison out to the streets...respect...high

MadIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MadIP » September 16th, 2008, 4:04 am

WELL LETS SEE IF A CHICANO CAN DROP IT, BUT I ALWAYS HEARD IT MEANT " HOMOSEXUAL " SINCE THEY ALWAYS SEE THE BLACKS CURLING THEY HAIR AND WITH ALL THIS STUFF ON THEY HAIR THATS WHAT I THINK THEY CALLED THEM MAYATES.

tea
What city do you live in now?: N.E Los Angeles

Unread post by tea » September 17th, 2008, 7:13 pm

Its a flying beetle. Although some are Black in color(mostly seen in the states). In MEX They are mostly of green color, and little kids use them as pets, by tying a string on their body under the "wings?" and you "walk" them. but in Mex they dont use the term "mayate" to referr to blacks. they use "morenito"(darkish).

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » October 17th, 2008, 4:41 pm

MadIP wrote:WELL LETS SEE IF A CHICANO CAN DROP IT, BUT I ALWAYS HEARD IT MEANT " HOMOSEXUAL " SINCE THEY ALWAYS SEE THE BLACKS CURLING THEY HAIR AND WITH ALL THIS STUFF ON THEY HAIR THATS WHAT I THINK THEY CALLED THEM MAYATES.
me and high....2 chicanos did "drop it"......and youre wrong

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » February 4th, 2011, 3:24 am

andrew wrote:

The word mayate comes from mayatl, a nahuatl word (language of the Aztecs) which simply means black beetle or scarab. In ancient Kemet 'mayate' was literally the face of the Egyptian Creator God 'Kepher' that brought himself into existence!

Its peculiar how some modern day surs would try to twist that word into a negative, no doubt something left over or taught to them by their Conquistador Masters!

There's also irony in the fact that each time a sur calls a black man 'mayate' that they are actually associating that black man with a God that is self-made, bows to no other, and is the First Created!

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » February 4th, 2011, 3:33 am

Amun, Atum, Khepera, RA. One who made himself millions,
Ptah-Tatenen of Zep Tepi. You made yourself of your own hands. by your own will.

... of course, those who speak spanish simply say "Mayate".

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » February 4th, 2011, 1:46 pm

Tre wrote:
andrew wrote:

The word mayate comes from mayatl, a nahuatl word (language of the Aztecs) which simply means black beetle or scarab. In ancient Kemet 'mayate' was literally the face of the Egyptian Creator God 'Kepher' that brought himself into existence!

Its peculiar how some modern day surs would try to twist that word into a negative, no doubt something left over or taught to them by their Conquistador Masters!

There's also irony in the fact that each time a sur calls a black man 'mayate' that they are actually associating that black man with a God that is self-made, bows to no other, and is the First Created!
I have also read that the conquistadors called the people of Mexica mayates. It does mean n.i.g.g.e.r., but it can be looked at as the same if used as such.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » February 4th, 2011, 1:48 pm

Tre wrote:
andrew wrote:

I have also read that the conquistadors called the people of Mexica mayates. It does mean n.i.g.g.e.r., but it can be looked at as the same if used as such.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Unread post by mayugastank » February 5th, 2011, 4:58 am

Mayate.
Attachments
thumbnail.jpg
The mayate beetle
thumbnail.jpg (9.69 KiB) Viewed 13198 times