Did it hurt when yall 1st got ur tats?

From tagging to piecing to gang graffiti to clothing styles to the art of tattoos.
VybzKartel
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by VybzKartel » November 11th, 2006, 11:17 pm

it didnt hurt too much . .it was only like a. . annoying thing . .but when he was working near the bone. . damn .. there I felt some pain. .

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » November 12th, 2006, 12:40 pm

I got my first tattoo in the middle of my chest. The initial pain was pretty overwhelming as I had no idea what to expect. After that, like most people have said it was annoying. I have 1 on each of my calves and those were nothing. I have a half sleeve and it too was nothing, though the healing on my shoulder was pretty annoying. I got my stomach done and it hurt in the annoying sense too. I'm in the process of getting my ribs finished and it too was extremely annoying. I can deal with the pain easy enough, but after 3 hours of having your ribs done it gets really, really annoying. Unfortunately the guy doing my ribs hasn't been working in the industry too long ( 6 years or so) so he's not super quick so I know I have about 2 more hours left before it's finally done. Which is actually this friday, I hope to post a picture when it's done.

IWB Woody

Unread post by IWB Woody » November 27th, 2006, 12:04 am

i was 14 put OI on my hand...hehe now i own 3 tattoo shops..lifes strange

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » November 27th, 2006, 12:33 am

IWB Woody wrote:i was 14 put OI on my hand...hehe now i own 3 tattoo shops..lifes strange
What shops?

M.E.L. aka Montana
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by M.E.L. aka Montana » November 27th, 2006, 3:59 am

NAW I WOULDNT CALL IT PAIN JUST I FELT IT.

Pills6uryCrip

Re: Did it hurt when yall 1st got ur tats?

Unread post by Pills6uryCrip » December 1st, 2006, 12:02 pm

WhiteBoy wrote:i got my stomach done, at it hurt like a GDMFSOB! it basically feels like some one is rapidly chisleing up your skin. but it is addictive and im going back, have one of your homies hook u up with some Vics and ull be strait if you feel like it hurts too much, don't drink cause youill bleed and don't smoke weed cause it takes away the endorphins that are naturally released in your body and it will be much worse, but after the fact do what ever homie.
fucc that... when i got Cuz tatted on my arm i was smokkin some dro while it was bein done and I didnt feel shit.... but then again it could be different for other ppl

thebasher
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: los angeles

Unread post by thebasher » October 12th, 2008, 10:34 pm

im thinkin bout gettin mine

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » October 14th, 2008, 12:31 am

nigga that shit hurt...i got mines wen i was mad skinny ,..n ima tell u that shit hurt

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » October 14th, 2008, 10:21 am

I just got 2 more pieces done in August at the Calgary Tattoo Convention by the same artist in one 9 hour sitting with an hour break in between. Pain wise, like I said before, it was nothing and hardly even annoying. My arm was stiff once we were done, and my upper arm bled like a mother but that was about it. I'd like to post pics but I don't come here enough anymore to bother but they are on my facebook page if anyone cares to add me.

Noir dieu
What city do you live in now?: La

Unread post by Noir dieu » October 19th, 2008, 7:28 pm

honestly it depends on the person..
the first tat i got was half a sleeve and i was 15. and if you're scared..wtf lol..im a lady and it would suck if you cant even do it. :P dunno why but the needle makes me laugh? haha

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » October 19th, 2008, 10:24 pm

jst picture this first timer....

a razor like needle goin back and forth almost 15 times ( proly more ) per second in and out of ur skin...gettin dragged down in and out of ur skin and sometimes touching a bone...poking in and out of ur bone...

jst get some tylonol its okay ur not a pussy ..its unnecesary pain...i don did it many times shiit hurt like a bitch....but then i ain that muscular so i guess suppose to hurt....especialy one i got that was really close to my nipple

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » October 20th, 2008, 10:45 am

Mcminister wrote:jst picture this first timer....

a razor like needle goin back and forth almost 15 times ( proly more ) per second in and out of ur skin...gettin dragged down in and out of ur skin and sometimes touching a bone...poking in and out of ur bone...

jst get some tylonol its okay ur not a pussy ..its unnecesary pain...i don did it many times shiit hurt like a bitch....but then i ain that muscular so i guess suppose to hurt....especialy one i got that was really close to my nipple
Although it may feel different went you get tattoo'd over top of bone, the needle itself isn't hitting bone. At least it never SHOULD. Your skin is a lot thicker then you think and even in the thinnest of places (elbow, knee, head) it never actually hits the bone. Though on places like ribs and collar bone it does have a different feeling and it tends to vibrate through your body. When I got my ribs done, I could feel it shake through my chest. I got my inner arm done by my armpit and there's a nerve there that runs down your inside chest and you get phantom feelings all down there. I also had a part of my upper shoulder that shook up through my collar bone and into my neck and jaw. It felt strange having my jaw vibrate because my arm was getting tattoo'd. The arm itself was fine and my jaw started to get soar. It was weird.

Dime357
What city do you live in now?: Tampa Bay

Unread post by Dime357 » November 2nd, 2008, 3:03 am

My dad does tats and the first one's i got where on both arms on tricep bicep area, and i didnt feel it, since then i've got both lower arms done to rep Tampa and wrists, I also got my knuckles and upper back done. None of em really hurt, any pain i had was like a second or two long after the initial hit from the needle it was all good from there bro, if you been stabbed or had a bone broke before and you took it pretty good, then you'll be aight.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 2nd, 2008, 1:54 pm

Dime357 wrote:My dad does tats and the first one's i got where on both arms on tricep bicep area, and i didnt feel it, since then i've got both lower arms done to rep Tampa and wrists, I also got my knuckles and upper back done. None of em really hurt, any pain i had was like a second or two long after the initial hit from the needle it was all good from there bro, if you been stabbed or had a bone broke before and you took it pretty good, then you'll be aight.

u kno i think it depends who is ur tatooist maybe..?

Dime357
What city do you live in now?: Tampa Bay

Unread post by Dime357 » November 3rd, 2008, 2:12 am

Yea you could be right man i had my boy ray ray do a tat with a home made gun but those things go deeper then pro guns do, and it had a sting to it compared to the ones my dad did. It could be the tat artist plus equipment, and the fact theres so many different types of needles, but home mades usually just use one type.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » November 3rd, 2008, 9:53 am

Dime357 wrote:My dad does tats and the first one's i got where on both arms on tricep bicep area, and i didnt feel it, since then i've got both lower arms done to rep Tampa and wrists, I also got my knuckles and upper back done. None of em really hurt, any pain i had was like a second or two long after the initial hit from the needle it was all good from there bro, if you been stabbed or had a bone broke before and you took it pretty good, then you'll be aight.
What shop does your Dad work at? I got a friend in Tampa that owns a shop there and just outside Tampa in Plant City. He did my last two at a convention this summer.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 24th, 2008, 7:31 pm

say dawg i was wrong

shit doesnt hurt....i been gettin tattoo's inthe corners n shit dats why shit hurt i officialy got my first expensive tatoo and it felt like a massage ...

nikon
What city do you live in now?: LBC

Unread post by nikon » December 16th, 2008, 11:43 pm

man tattoos hurts as the needle tears a hole in the skin pushin the ink under the dermal surface. the nerves go on fire

yeah its painful buts its not that bad like putting your hand under a sewing machine

i tattooed my daughters name on my back

boantza
What city do you live in now?: Bucuresti

Unread post by boantza » December 17th, 2008, 5:25 pm

as a first experience, it hurt... but after getting the second and the third tatt on, i kinda got used to the so called pain... now it's like i miss the little "torture" and i can't wait to do another one

CT9A
What city do you live in now?: Puente

Unread post by CT9A » January 7th, 2009, 7:51 pm

lol my 1st tatt was my girls lips done perfectly ( not that wack shit other fools have ) on my neck along with " UN BESO DE MI REINA " right next to it...its pretty big too...nice and visible...let it be known...my ruca has my heart por vida.... : D