Balkan politics infected by organized crime

In this section discuss Albania [Shqipërisë], Bulgaria [България], Croatia, Macedonia [Македонија, Makedonija] and Russia [Федерация, Rossiyskaya] including any other place on the Eastern European continent.
razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Belize Nicaragua

Balkan politics infected by organized crime

Unread post by razbojnik » November 5th, 2008, 6:06 pm

"Balkan politics infected by crime"
20 October 2008 | 10:22 | Source: BBC, Tanjug
VIENNA -- BBC Balkan analyst Misha Glenny says that the Kosovo economy is completely gripped by crime, which has “infected” the political class as well.

“The Balkans are a region for the transit of illegal products from the Third World to Europe. Bosnia, Kosovo, Montenegro and Macedonia have the biggest problems with this. They are the victims of political instability,” Glenny said.

Glenny, the author of the book "McMafia", said that the “European Union and United Nations lack experience on how to enter a country with the goal of building it,” but that the EU had had a positive effect with its pressure on the legal system and courts.

“It would be stupid to hold the Balkans countries outside the EU,” the analyst said.

He said that the Schengen zone facilitated illegal activity, but that having borders was also better for a lot of people dealing in crime as they increased the prices of their goods.

Glenny said that modern crime networks were decentralized and were not organized by hierarchies any more, such as the Sicilian mafia was for instance.

“There is no longer a system of godfathers with absolute loyalty and family structures. Networks are formed depending on the product. Partners are sought based on what they wish to smuggle at the time,” Glenny said.

http://www.b92.net/eng/news/crimes-arti ... v_id=54357

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: Balkan politics infected by organized crime

Unread post by razbojnik » November 5th, 2008, 6:12 pm

Never again do I want anyone, including you Azure, to talk in vain of Macedonian organized crime or my connections to it.

Now I know why my best friend doesn't want to be like his dad. I'm sick to my stomach when I hear this and I figured out what happened.

My best friend's left leg is thinner and shorter than the other, and his hip and spine is fucked up too. All while I was away. When mentioning the leg, everyone goes into a creepy serious dark silence................

His leg was broken on perpouse. His father, his enemies...

God I just can't think about it.. Fucking horrible.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » November 5th, 2008, 6:17 pm

Btw that kid from Chardaklija I told you about Azure, you know, the one dancing in that video I posted, the first part, with the wine in his hand......

Viktor Gavrilov broke his leg. No ambulence was called immidetly, they waited for his parents to come pick him up, and Andrej, limping, got into the car. His parents were pretty shocked.

God damn the real Tony Soprano lives NEXT TO ME OMG SAUSAGES they making now btw. He requested I join the business. I need advice. Should I? Btw uncle Bobby Prosev has an Audi A6 that can get up to 100 km per hour in 3 seconds.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » November 5th, 2008, 6:19 pm

Btw it was an accident during basketball. Gavrilov stood by him till his parents came.

And for those who don't know, Viktor Gavrilov is the son of Goran Gavrilov, owner of Kanal 77 and many other businesses and companies, and the victim of attempted murder in January of 2008.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: --

Unread post by Azure9920 » November 5th, 2008, 8:02 pm

lol.

RS6 4.2 40v Turbo can only hit about 5 seconds in its 0-100. lol.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » November 7th, 2008, 9:26 am

Azure9920 wrote:lol.

How do you know it's that engine? There's many different types of engines for the Audi A6.

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cliffard » November 8th, 2008, 6:23 am

raz youre a worrier and a talker, if you can kerb those two traits go for it....

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » November 8th, 2008, 6:48 am

cliffard wrote:raz youre a worrier and a talker, if you can kerb those two traits go for it....
Good perception.

Grinch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Idaho
What city do you live in now?: Res Publica Serenissima

Unread post by Grinch » November 9th, 2008, 5:17 am

cliffard wrote:raz youre a worrier and a talker, if you can kerb those two traits go for it....
How can you know if he's a warrior? You don't even know him.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » November 9th, 2008, 3:41 pm

Grinch wrote:
That's why I told him good perception, and I am a warrior, but he said worrier which is like I worry much. By talker he said I like to brag and by doing so I reveal alot of shit.

Now I'm not my father, and my father is a talker, a pretty big one. He had it good with Ignat Kaneff, but the reason it went bitter was cause my dad talked so much about how Kaneff has our back and shit and Kaneff heard and got offended and just put the deal off.

I do have that trait, and I can't use the excuse 'this is the internet not real life I don't talk in real life', now I don't talk in real life about this type of shit if I'm actually into it, I doubt Oaza gives a shit about people knowing about his drug operations with the Albanians since he makes 25 million a month doing it so who gives a fuck, I know I'd love that fame tbh because money + power = a dangerous man. I wouldn't be suprised if I'd be walking past Hotel Oaza one day on the other side of the river and the god damn hotel suddenly blew up or if there was a shootout between some goons and Oaza's bodyguards and security because of some bitter shit. At least I'd have a hint why...

Besides that, if I was to go into this shit completely don't you think I'd avoid forums like this overall and even if I came back there wouldn't even be an urge to brag about that crap because I'd be fully aware that every single piece of information can lead to my and my friends' incarceration, even though that would be unrealistic since cops give two shits about some little operation by some 20 year old Macedonians when the whole nation practically does it at one point or another, and besides even that my friend is probably going to end up being the mayor just like his uncle when he grows up, even though I'm supposed to feel safe with my aunt being the chief of police for some department she's a fucking law biding citizen, she's hard headed, not a 1000 fucking Albanians with AK's would be a nightmare like her, because:

I can't kill her, she's family and besides that she's the mother of my favourite cousins. I also need her if I do actually manage to get into some shit with the cops.

I'm also afraid to come with hundreds of 100 Euro bills at home, to buy all the crap I want, I won't be able to, that's not the way to live, hiding from my grandma because she'll give me up to my aunt who will ask too many questions and piss me off, I can't go through that EVER.

That's the worrier part of me talking and the talker part, frankly it's not any useful info because no one wants it or is searching for it, the worrier part means I'm already looking over my shoulder even though I'm not into this shit at all, I just know people and idk it must be the athmosphere...

Every car coming from behind feels like it's gonna run me over, every group of men I pass that I don't know I look at suspiciously and with a fighting look and have a feeling they might try to gut me that second...

Grinch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Idaho
What city do you live in now?: Res Publica Serenissima

Unread post by Grinch » November 11th, 2008, 12:35 pm

razbojnik wrote:
Grinch wrote:
That's why I told him good perception, and I am a warrior, but he said worrier which is like I worry much. By talker he said I like to brag and by doing so I reveal alot of shit.

Now I'm not my father, and my father is a talker, a pretty big one. He had it good with Ignat Kaneff, but the reason it went bitter was cause my dad talked so much about how Kaneff has our back and shit and Kaneff heard and got offended and just put the deal off.

I do have that trait, and I can't use the excuse 'this is the internet not real life I don't talk in real life', now I don't talk in real life about this type of shit if I'm actually into it, I doubt Oaza gives a shit about people knowing about his drug operations with the Albanians since he makes 25 million a month doing it so who gives a fu--, I know I'd love that fame tbh because money + power = a dangerous man. I wouldn't be suprised if I'd be walking past Hotel Oaza one day on the other side of the river and the god damn hotel suddenly blew up or if there was a shootout between some goons and Oaza's bodyguards and security because of some bitter shit. At least I'd have a hint why...

Besides that, if I was to go into this shit completely don't you think I'd avoid forums like this overall and even if I came back there wouldn't even be an urge to brag about that crap because I'd be fully aware that every single piece of information can lead to my and my friends' incarceration, even though that would be unrealistic since cops give two shits about some little operation by some 20 year old Macedonians when the whole nation practically does it at one point or another, and besides even that my friend is probably going to end up being the mayor just like his uncle when he grows up, even though I'm supposed to feel safe with my aunt being the chief of police for some department she's a #%@&#%@ law biding citizen, she's hard headed, not a 1000 #%@&#%@ Albanians with AK's would be a nightmare like her, because:

I can't kill her, she's family and besides that she's the mother of my favourite cousins. I also need her if I do actually manage to get into some shit with the cops.

I'm also afraid to come with hundreds of 100 Euro bills at home, to buy all the crap I want, I won't be able to, that's not the way to live, hiding from my grandma because she'll give me up to my aunt who will ask too many questions and piss me off, I can't go through that EVER.

That's the worrier part of me talking and the talker part, frankly it's not any useful info because no one wants it or is searching for it, the worrier part means I'm already looking over my shoulder even though I'm not into this shit at all, I just know people and idk it must be the athmosphere...

Every car coming from behind feels like it's gonna run me over, every group of men I pass that I don't know I look at suspiciously and with a fighting look and have a feeling they might try to gut me that second...

Lol, i see why he said that...

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » November 11th, 2008, 1:08 pm

Grinch wrote:Lol, i see why he said that...
I don't worry about everything, I just think critically too much about everything and hesistate for the well being of myself and others.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » November 11th, 2008, 1:15 pm

razbojnik wrote:

How do you know it's that engine? There's many different types of engines for the Audi A6.
That's the fastest production engine used in the Audi A6.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » November 12th, 2008, 1:26 pm

Azure9920 wrote:
razbojnik wrote:

That's the fastest production engine used in the Audi A6.
"In the late years of the A6 C5 design, a monstrous Audi RS6 model was presented. Producing a staggering 450 PS (331 kW) and 560 Nm (413 ft.lbf), it propels the A6 from 0-100 km/h in 4.7 sec and on to 200 km/h in under 18 seconds. This model saw the end of the C5 design which was replaced in 2004 by a new model."

- http://wikicars.org/en/Audi_A6

I proved you wrong. :D

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » November 12th, 2008, 7:44 pm

Not really, I said about 5 seconds. You clearly stated an answer different from wikipedia. You proved yourself wrong.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » November 13th, 2008, 10:30 am

Azure9920 wrote:Not really, I said about 5 seconds. You clearly stated an answer different from wikipedia. You proved yourself wrong.
Yes, really. You said about, you never said 4.7 as an approximate number. So I still proved you wrong.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » November 13th, 2008, 12:28 pm

razbojnik wrote:
Azure9920 wrote:Not really, I said about 5 seconds. You clearly stated an answer different from wikipedia. You proved yourself wrong.
Yes, really. You said about, you never said 4.7 as an approximate number. So I still proved you wrong.
No, I used "about" as a range...about 5 seconds. Not exactly 5. You however gave a precise number, and managed to prove yourself wrong within the same page.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » November 15th, 2008, 7:05 pm

Azure9920 wrote:
razbojnik wrote:
No, I used "about" as a range...about 5 seconds. Not exactly 5. You however gave a precise number, and managed to prove yourself wrong within the same page.
You're using this as a justification to your mistake. Stop making up excuses and admit you are wrong and I am right.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » November 15th, 2008, 7:34 pm

razbojnik wrote: You're using this as a justification to your mistake. Stop making up excuses and admit you are wrong and I am right.
How can you be correct when you said this?
razbojnik wrote:Btw uncle Bobby Prosev has an Audi A6 that can get up to 100 km per hour in 3 seconds.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » November 16th, 2008, 7:28 am

Azure9920 wrote:
razbojnik wrote:Btw uncle Bobby Prosev has an Audi A6 that can get up to 100 km per hour in 3 seconds.
Because it's the truth.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » November 16th, 2008, 7:35 am

Macedonia: Alleged crime boss arrested in raids Print article
Refer to a friend

© AP
2008-10-22 20:50:01 -

SKOPJE, Macedonia (AP) - Macedonia has carried out a large police operation targeting cigarette smugglers and arrested 28 people, including an alleged crime boss.
Interior Minister Gordana Jankulovska says the raids occurred at 24 locations across the country late Tuesday and confiscated 15 tons of counterfeit cigarettes, 17 automatic weapons and 10 handguns.

The suspects arrested include alleged smuggling boss Bairush Sejdiu. The 40-year-old owns a tobacco company, motels, restaurants and a local soccer club in northern Macedonia. Police say his fortune is estimated at ¤50 million (US$64 million).

An international group in Geneva said Monday that tobacco smuggling is fueling organized crime and depriving countries of an estimated US$50 billion in taxes a year.

http://www.pr-inside.com/macedonia-alle ... 875327.htm

@ the bolded text: Oh what a fucking coincedence Azure. He owns motels, resturaunts and factories, just like Oaza. I'm not judging Oaza though, he's ma homie. It would be a shame if he fucked up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EU urges Balkan crime-fighting cooperation

ZAGREB (AFP) – The European Union's French presidency on Friday called on Balkan countries aspiring to join the 27-nation bloc to establish tight cooperation in their fight against organized crime.

""Regional cooperation of criminal networks should be answered through regional cooperation of the concerned police forces,"" French Interior Minister Michele Alliot-Marie told journalists in Zagreb.

She was speaking at the end of an informal meeting of justice and interior ministers from southeastern Europe and EU representatives.

The participants notably discussed the trafficking of weapons and humans, said Alliot-Marie.

""We have decided to deepen and boost our cooperation"" including Europol, she said.

The French minister stressed the ""need to fight against networks who do not care about borders, or barriers between communities.""

The cooperation should be achieved through common police units, coordinated raids against arms producers and smugglers and the creation of a database of these persons, she added.

The two-day gathering was attended by ministers from Albania, Bosnia, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia as well as French Justice Minister Rachida Dati and the EU Justice Commissioner Jacques Barrot.

The seven countries are at different stages of their path towards the European Union, led by Croatia which aspires to enter the bloc in 2011 at the latest.

The Balkan region is used by organized crime gangs to smuggle drugs, arms, cigarettes and people into western Europe.

http://www.tehrantimes.com/index_View.asp?code=181998

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europe. EU tells Balkans to reduce crime
Canwest News Service
Published: Friday, November 07, 2008

The European Union told seven Balkan countries yesterday they must clamp down on corruption and organized crime if they wish to join the 27-member bloc. "Across the region, a lot of progress has been made ... At the same time the common challenges, such as boosting the fight against organized crime and corruption, must be given adequate attention," said EU Justice Commissioner Jacques Barrot. Albania, Bosnia, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Kosovo were urged to crack down on crime at a meeting between justice and interior ministers from southeast Europe and EU representatives in Zagreb.

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/new ... 31b3a99762

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Western Balkans still way off EU entry criteria[fr][de]
Published: Thursday 6 November 2008

EU Enlargement Commissioner Olli Rehn made clear yesterday (5 November) that Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Albania and Bosnia and Herzegovina, as well as Kosovo, are still a long way away from getting clear persprectives of EU accession.
Background:

The Western Balkans, which is in fact the territory of former Yugoslavia minus Slovenia plus Albania, suffered from nationalism, wars and a painful transition to the post-Communist era.

Croatia has clearly been more successful in this regard than the remaining Western Balkans countries and is widely expected to become the EU's 28th member state.

Serbia, once a European pariah state after the Balkan wars of the nineties, has been able to improve its image greatly following the formation of a pro-European government last year (EurActiv 14/05/07).

On recent occasions, the European Commission and the EU Presidency have warned of negative developments in Macedonia and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
More on this topic:
Interview: Commissioner Rehn: No enlargement 'sabbatical' after Irish 'no'
News: Enlargement will not fall victim to Lisbon Treaty, says Commission
Other related news:
EU Kosovo mission finally on track as US joins
Murder of top journalist exposes Croatia's mafia surge
EU warns of 'stalemate' in Bosnia
Pressure growing for Macedonia name compromise
Serbia hails diplomatic triumph over Kosovo

Presenting the European Commission's progress reports on candidate countries and potential new entrants to the European Parliament, Rehn made a clear distinction between Croatia and the remaining Western Balkan applicants.

Alluding to Winston Churchill, who once famously said "the Balkans produce more history than they can consume," Rehn said there was "no end of history for the Western Balkans".

"There is a difference. Croatia has made better progress," Rehn said, responding to criticism from various MEPs who considered that the Commission had left Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia behind.

Croatia is the only Western Balkan country to have been given a tentative date for the conclusion of its accession negotiations: the end of 2009.

But even Croatia has problems with its negotiations, with Slovenia blocking the opening of four chapters over a border delimitation dispute. Without naming Slovenia, Rehn expressed regret and said he would prefer bilateral issues to be solved in a bilateral framework.

The Western Balkans have moved closer to the EU over the past year, the Commission revealed, but progress has been uneven.

Enlargement 'fatigue'

In spite of the EU executive's insistence that its assessments are based on objective criteria, the countries in the region are increasingly aware that enlargement is no longer fashionable in the EU, especially in the context of the current financial crisis and uncertainty following the rejection of the Lisbon Treaty by Ireland.

European Parliament President Hans-Gert Poettering said on Tuesday that "perhaps with the exception of Croatia," no enlargement was possible without the Lisbon Treaty. This statement contradicts strong views, expressed repeatedly by French President Nicolas Sarkozy, that no enlargement whatsoever was possible before the Lisbon Treaty comes into force (EurActiv 20/06/08). In fact, the Nice Treaty provides institutional arrangements for only 27 member states, but some countries believe that it may be possible to find a compromise to accommodate Croatia.

Positives and negatives

On the positive side, the EU executive expressed satisfaction that the situation in the region remained "generally calm" following the unilateral declaration of independence by Kosovo. Moreover, it noted that a regionally-owned successor to the Stability Pact for South Eastern Europe, the Regional Cooperation Council, had become operational in the meantime, with its headquarters in Sarajevo.

On the negative side, reform and reconciliation are "yet to become entrenched" and in many of the countries, state building and better governance are yet to be achieved. Compromise is still insufficient on inter-ethnic issues too, while corruption and organised crime remain an issue of major concern, the reports say.

The Commission considers that the international financial crisis has so far had a limited impact on the region, but expects foreign direct investment to decrease.

Macedonia appears to have made a step backwards, since violence over the early elections held last June (EurActiv 02/06/08) prompted the Commission to press the country to comply with the Copenhagen political criteria for EU accession.

But Rehn dismissed accusations from MEPs that the Commission had only "got tough" with Macedonia due to the name dispute with Greece. Macedonia recently failed to seize an opportunity for a compromise on the dispute based on the last of a series of proposals by UN mediator Matthew Nimetz. The country's hardline Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski also irked Greece with requests to promote the rights of the Macedonian minority in Greece (EurActiv 17/07/08).

Bosnia and Herzegovina on the other hand appears to have regressed, mainly due to ever-more heated nationalist rhetoric from former enemies prior to the Dayton peace agreements and wide disagreement on the scope of the future constitutional reform. This stalemate was recently highlighted in even sterner terms by the EU French Presidency (EurActiv 23/10/08).

Regarding Serbia, the Commission said progress was conditional on its "full cooperation" with the International Crime Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY). The country is also encouraged to take a constructive approach towards Kosovo's participation in regional cooperation and the EU-led mission EULEX.

As for Albania, it is requested to ensure that its 2009 parliamentary elections are properly prepared and conducted. Montenegro is asked to intensify its judicial reform.

http://www.euractiv.com/en/enlargement/ ... cle-176971

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bulgaria, Croatia's Organized Crime Groups Swap Murders

25 October 2008, Saturday

The publisher of the Croatian newspaper Nacional was assassinated in Zagreb Friday in a car bomb attack. Photo by dnevnik.hr

The Bulgarian and Croatia mafias cooperate very closely to the extent that they help each other with gangland assassinations.

This was stated Saturday by the Serbian journalist and regional organized crime expert Milos Vasic in an interview for the Free Europe Radio about Friday's murder of the publisher of the Croatian paper Nacional Ivo Pukanic, and of his associate Niko Franic, Darik Radio's correspondent in Belgrade Eli Yurukova reported.

Vasic explained there had been no evidence about connections between the Croatian and the Serbian mafia. He did stress, however, that the connections between the Bulgarian, Bosnian, and Croatian organized crime groups had been well-known for a long time.

According to Vasic, the cooperation between the Bulgarian and the Croatian gangsters was especially close, and that if the mafia in either country wanted somebody dead, a special team from the other came over, carried out the assassination, and went back immediately.

There are various allegations about who might have ordered the murder of Ivo Pukanic in the Balkan media. The guesses range from Albanian mobsters to members of Serbia's Zemun Clain, to Croatian mafia with links to the authorities.

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=98242

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's enough for today. I'll make my iconic mark by calling the Balkans the Christian Middle East. Speaking of Middle East, there's Islamic music coming from Radanski Pat I can hear this very moment. I was going upwards on the park alone, it was grey, it was autumy, there was his music, I felt like I was gonna get blown up, so, I went back...

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » November 16th, 2008, 12:51 pm

razbojnik wrote:
Azure9920 wrote:
Because it's the truth.
Maybe in Macedonia, but not the real World.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » November 16th, 2008, 6:08 pm

Azure9920 wrote:Maybe in Macedonia, but not the real World.
In Macedonia we throw cotton out, in Canada you wash it and reuse it. Real world my ass.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » November 16th, 2008, 9:00 pm

razbojnik wrote:
Azure9920 wrote:Maybe in Macedonia, but not the real World.
In Macedonia we throw cotton out, in Canada you wash it and reuse it. Real world my ass.
You can afford cotton there?

Wow, I'm surprised.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by razbojnik » November 18th, 2008, 8:45 am

Azure9920 wrote:
You can afford cotton there?

Wow, I'm surprised.
We get it imported from Barrie where you pick it.