Koreatown

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Harbor Area

Koreatown

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » June 25th, 2009, 2:35 am

what gangs are still active? anything popping?

FINITO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: TOrrance

Re: Koreatown

Unread post by FINITO » June 25th, 2009, 4:36 pm

32 aka Trey Deuce

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » June 25th, 2009, 6:11 pm

is 32 the only gang active in koreatown nowadays? what about acs, mbz?

ridincitiesforever
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Monterey Park

Unread post by ridincitiesforever » June 27th, 2009, 1:05 am

mbz i heard isn't active anymore. they haven't made any noise for these few years.

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » June 27th, 2009, 2:57 am

damn things changed in koreatown so its just 32 in koreatown these days? anyone know what happened to ACS?

FINITO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FINITO » June 27th, 2009, 11:03 am

thonkoboy2000 wrote:damn things changed in koreatown so its just 32 in koreatown these days? anyone know what happened to ACS?
Acs is still around and always will be but MBZ is inactive... There are some small sets here and there but they aren't worth talking about.

32 is coming up though..

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » June 27th, 2009, 7:23 pm

whos deeper acs or 32?

richjesus

Unread post by richjesus » September 3rd, 2009, 9:04 pm

anyone else confirm mbz inactive?

they were a buster azz crew anyways. any crew founded by "turtle" can't be that active. dude went bandwaggoning from jfx to start mbz. buster.

js83
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by js83 » September 8th, 2009, 1:03 am

Didn't they get shot up at this pc bang awhile ago...and they didn't do nothing about it??

Is it also true that they got punked by a fake abz set from la crescenta? LOL

Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by 682 » September 15th, 2009, 12:29 am

drove by Matriyea or however the hell u spell that name... on 6th st and Alexandria... they hit up on a tiny ass ledge on the corner outside that place "WS MBZ"

LOL

FINITO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FINITO » September 15th, 2009, 9:21 am

I dont know when and why MBZ became the laughing stock but back in the early 2000s, they did their share of dirt. Some of my homies used to bang MBZ and i know for a fact that they put in alot of work. Muthafuckers used to fear them on the mean streets of Ktown, so if u ignorant foos dont know, i suggest u keep it shut cuz if u crossed them on the street, even today, i bet ya would be shitting bricks n shit.. Kissing ass and be like " ohhhh i heard u guys were craaaazy "... They are down to about 5 heads today but they were different like 9 years ago.

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » September 15th, 2009, 4:47 pm

why do they only have 5 heads? are they that dead to not even go recruit?

Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 682 » September 15th, 2009, 8:35 pm

"fear them." LOL. "shittin bricks and kissing ass"?? LOL. stop trippin foo. maybe thats how its like for other youngbucks like u... but aint no one in my generation and up gonna be kissin their lil asses.

Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by Proverbz » September 16th, 2009, 12:02 am

when i lived in ktown, it was 18st shatto park locos that had it on lock. they even crossed out an mbz hit up. a lot of koreans moved out of koreatown after the riots in 1992. this is the reason why koreatown gangbangers aren't as plentiful as they used to be. plus koreans don't bang like the mexicans or blacks. you don't have korean family members where your brothers, cousins, uncles, or dad are all in gangs. on the contrary, koreans have more family members being college graduates than gang members. the gang life is a phase that SOME korean kids go through but for the majority don't hold on to. the ones who stay in the criminal world will work for organized crime groups. the others will simply grow up and pursue other like things like college, work, etc.

FINITO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FINITO » September 16th, 2009, 8:53 am

682 wrote:"fear them." LOL. "shittin bricks and kissing ass"?? LOL. stop trippin foo. maybe thats how its like for other youngbucks like u... but aint no one in my generation and up gonna be kissin their lil asses.
Im from the old school homey, KoreanPlayboyz.. hardly a youngbuck. Which generation u from. I was referring to the older heads of MBZ, the OG members. Those foos were bout it and they put it alot of work in the early 2000. I dont think you're too familiar with the Ktown scene.
IF u came crossed path with the ex KPBs, i bet you'd be like " ohhhh fuuuuuck they should make a movie about you guys, hyunnnng can i get your autograph "??

FINITO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FINITO » September 16th, 2009, 8:58 am

thonkoboy2000 wrote:why do they only have 5 heads? are they that dead to not even go recruit?
Cuz some of them are serving long sentences and the rest of them are grown out of it. KOreans arent like blacks and mexicans where they gonna bang for life like bums. They had their share of fun so it's time to move on. No need to recruit.

Trey Deuce is coming up

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » September 16th, 2009, 10:25 am

but if u say there still 5 heads in the gang doesnt that mean they still active? or atleast trying to be? cuz if they move on from the ganglife then i would assume they wouldnt even claim mbz

hardknocce9
What city do you live in now?: Compton

Unread post by hardknocce9 » September 16th, 2009, 11:40 am

so why would they wanna be in a gang if its not for life? for fun? hmm... if they were in South Central they wouldn't last 5 minutes

FINITO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FINITO » September 16th, 2009, 12:02 pm

hardknocce9 wrote:so why would they wanna be in a gang if its not for life? for fun? hmm... if they were in South Central they wouldn't last 5 minutes
We Koreans dont give a flying fuck about South central or banging4life and any of that useless shit. For alot of gangsters such as the mexicans/blacks, they were born into the gang without a choice. Their fathers, uncles, and cousins were all in it so it's only natural. BUt for us Koreans, it's different. We get into the life for different reasons. IT's not because we came from a broken home ( play the sad violin ) or any of that shit. Many of us come from good families with money yet we choose to bang cuz it's like an adventure. To us, it's just something do to, a way to rebel or just wanting to prove ourselves.. As ya all know, Korean parents are very hard on their kids from a very young age, making us study fuckin 24/7, can't play or any of that shit cuz economic status is very important to Koreans. Somewhat superficial, yes, but that's how we are raised to be. So naturally, once kids reach a certain age, they get tired of all that shit and start to rebel and the best way to do it is to hang with the bad crowd...

We bang because we feel like it.. it's an adventure.. We dont bang because we have to.. ALot of us grow out of it to take the right path but the ones that doesnt, they get into organized crime. None of this gangbanging 4 life BS. It's about the business once we get old. $$$

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » September 16th, 2009, 3:20 pm

homie dont generalize shit like that for your whole race u know not all koreans r banging for korean gangs theres alot of them in filipino and chinese, and khmer gangs u dont kno shit wtf u mean organized crime? this aint japan or korea with that yakuza shit homie and the only reason they move on is cuz they get locked up and wanna start a new life other than that they banging and not all koreans r rich homie filipinos r richer than koreans in LA

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shing » September 16th, 2009, 3:42 pm

FINITO wrote:
682 wrote:"fear them." LOL. "shittin bricks and kissing ass"?? LOL. stop trippin foo. maybe thats how its like for other youngbucks like u... but aint no one in my generation and up gonna be kissin their lil asses.
Im from the old school homey, KoreanPlayboyz.. hardly a youngbuck. Which generation u from. I was referring to the older heads of MBZ, the OG members. Those foos were bout it and they put it alot of work in the early 2000. I dont think you're too familiar with the Ktown scene.
IF u came crossed path with the ex KPBs, i bet you'd be like " ohhhh fuuuuuck they should make a movie about you guys, hyunnnng can i get your autograph "??
LoL! i can hardly contain my laughter when you claim kpb as old school.

Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Proverbz » September 16th, 2009, 4:06 pm

thonkoboy2000 wrote:homie dont generalize shit like that for your whole race u know not all koreans r banging for korean gangs theres alot of them in filipino and chinese, and khmer gangs u dont kno shit wtf u mean organized crime? this aint japan or korea with that yakuza shit homie and the only reason they move on is because they get locked up and wanna start a new life other than that they banging and not all koreans r rich homie filipinos r richer than koreans in LA
there is organized crime in koreatown. it is just really well hidden and behind the curtains. the ones who get caught are the ones who gain a lot of attention. media and crime wars are usually what catches the feds interest real quick. someone has to take care of all the illegal gambling, loan sharking, extortion, whorehouses, and drugs. in koreatown, you can bet your last dollar it's not the chinese. the general public don't know about them and that's good for business. the less they know the better. there was a godfather figure in koreatown but for the most part, no one even knew his name. that is probably the reason why he's not in jail and will most likely pass away in his sleep. street gangs have balls, they represent, they're down to blast, and don't give a fuck. a lot of people especially in cali, can't shake off that mentality. but when you are thinking about getting to that next level, you have to think in terms of money. especially after you messed up your record and have no other options. by deciding to commit crimes to earn a living, one of the most IMPORTANT things to remember is the code of silence. a crime organization can only survive by their ability to stay in the dark. to all those who aren't satisfied with their fortune and still ache for fame. they are the ones who eventually get killed by their own people or get thrown in jail for the rest of their lives. look what happened to john gotti. think about it, when you are walking around with a shaved head, tattoos, dressed like a cholo what are you doing? you are putting a target on your back for your enemies and begging the cops to harass you. when you look like an everyday person no one even pays attention to you. for all they know, you are just another restaurant owner. but you yourself know that you got a nice car, a nice suit in your closet, bank rolls of money hidden in various places and the power to have people killed without getting caught.

Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 682 » September 17th, 2009, 1:51 am

FINITO wrote: Im from the old school homey, KoreanPlayboyz.. hardly a youngbuck. Which generation u from. I was referring to the older heads of MBZ, the OG members. Those foos were bout it and they put it alot of work in the early 2000. I dont think you're too familiar with the Ktown scene.
old school? what, cuz u were in KP and crossed over into KPB?? foo, all those guys u call "hyung", theyre my age or a year or two younger. u think your "old school" cuz u claim KPB? foo i was already there at Players, Intercrew, Icon, Renaissance, Koray, etc. when shit would always go down at one point in the night. since u claim KPB, u must know silent. yeah, he's my age. along with loony, kicker, rascal, all them foos... by the way, whats your placa anyways??? if u really were one of the few that got into kpb after kp died out, then i will give u credit that u musta proved yourself at one point that u were down for ur shit. only the down ones from kp got into kpb.

Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 682 » September 17th, 2009, 1:57 am

Proverbz wrote: there is organized crime in koreatown. it is just really well hidden and behind the curtains. the ones who get caught are the ones who gain a lot of attention. media and crime wars are usually what catches the feds interest real quick. someone has to take care of all the illegal gambling, loan sharking, extortion, whorehouses, and drugs. in koreatown, you can bet your last dollar it's not the chinese. the general public don't know about them and that's good for business. the less they know the better. there was a godfather figure in koreatown but for the most part, no one even knew his name. that is probably the reason why he's not in jail and will most likely pass away in his sleep. street gangs have balls, they represent, they're down to blast, and don't give a fu--. a lot of people especially in cali, can't shake off that mentality. but when you are thinking about getting to that next level, you have to think in terms of money. especially after you messed up your record and have no other options. by deciding to commit crimes to earn a living, one of the most IMPORTANT things to remember is the code of silence. a crime organization can only survive by their ability to stay in the dark. to all those who aren't satisfied with their fortune and still ache for fame. they are the ones who eventually get killed by their own people or get thrown in jail for the rest of their lives. look what happened to john gotti. think about it, when you are walking around with a shaved head, tattoos, dressed like a cholo what are you doing? you are putting a target on your back for your enemies and begging the cops to harass you. when you look like an everyday person no one even pays attention to you. for all they know, you are just another restaurant owner. but you yourself know that you got a nice car, a nice suit in your closet, bank rolls of money hidden in various places and the power to have people killed without getting caught.
that "godfather figure" u mention.... he's still around here time to time. he still has mad pull in getting shit done. and like long time ago, nobody still f*cks with him.

richjesus

Unread post by richjesus » September 27th, 2009, 6:56 pm

haha, i like how finitoo avoids this thread after being called.

wickerman
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: los angeles

Unread post by wickerman » May 28th, 2011, 9:26 am

ws mbz still somewhat active? i saw 2 big hitups in ktown within the past 2 months. and in typical ktown fashion they were covered over wid fresh paint within a day.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » June 8th, 2011, 1:31 pm

So in KTown the gangs change alot? It's not like Mexican or Blacks hoods where it's the same gangs for generations?

Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Proverbz » June 8th, 2011, 6:10 pm

Silencioso wrote:So in KTown the gangs change alot? It's not like Mexican or Blacks hoods where it's the same gangs for generations?
yup, ktown gangs change with every generation it seems. the one gang that seems to be continuous is ACS. i think korean gangs are not very good at keeping a gang alive by recruiting youngsters. they roll with their generation and don't even bother to get in touch with the next. so all the youngsters hear all these stories of gangs growing up and eventually grow up to start their own gang.

wickerman
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: los angeles

Unread post by wickerman » June 8th, 2011, 6:18 pm

Proverbz wrote:
Silencioso wrote:So in KTown the gangs change alot? It's not like Mexican or Blacks hoods where it's the same gangs for generations?
yup, ktown gangs change with every generation it seems. the one gang that seems to be continuous is ACS. i think korean gangs are not very good at keeping a gang alive by recruiting youngsters. they roll with their generation and don't even bother to get in touch with the next. so all the youngsters hear all these stories of gangs growing up and eventually grow up to start their own gang.
i agree with this.

also, similar to how viet gangs do it,

once 1 "generation" grows up, the older heads start a new gang with youngsters. the youngsters are the next "generation" of the gang, but they take on a new name usually. very few korean gangs last more than a couple generations bc of this.

the viet gangs in OC are the same. the older OG's dont let the youngsters rip their name, and make em function under another gang.

theres alotta good logical reasons to do this...use ur imagination.

Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Proverbz » June 10th, 2011, 2:11 am

wickerman wrote:
Proverbz wrote:
i agree with this.

also, similar to how viet gangs do it,

once 1 "generation" grows up, the older heads start a new gang with youngsters. the youngsters are the next "generation" of the gang, but they take on a new name usually. very few korean gangs last more than a couple generations bc of this.

the viet gangs in OC are the same. the older OG's dont let the youngsters rip their name, and make em function under another gang.

theres alotta good logical reasons to do this...use ur imagination.
yeah like how turtle from JeFroX started up MentalBoyZ. some guys from LGKK started up Trey Deuce Mob. word was though that turtle was a minor factor in JeFroX and that he was straight up kind of crazy in a stupid way. i heard in prison he would do things like rub his fingers across objects and yell "touching things!"

thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » October 2nd, 2011, 4:56 pm

Proverbz wrote:
I agree. imo there are rarely any korean dudes that wanna bang or join a gang (which is a good thing to be honest). thats probably the problem. korean gangs grow up together as a group and die out together with the same group because of the fact that there are rarely any koreans that wanna join in the 1st place . not that they want to recruit but because there really aren't any options in keeping the gang alive.

also the problem with these koreatown based gangs is that it's almost 80 percent fobs. you won't that many heads that would wanna be down.