Taggers crossing out C's??????

From tagging to piecing to gang graffiti to clothing styles to the art of tattoos.
YOUNG1_ASEK
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Taggers crossing out C's??????

Unread post by YOUNG1_ASEK » July 30th, 2004, 8:11 am

yup exactly nile
think yall got ur answer now? pz

jae
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by jae » July 28th, 2005, 1:07 pm

I've ran with taggin crews and i've done it myself, it has NOTHING to do with crips. It's only a style thing to put 1 or 2 slashes in the c (on the top right corner of the C, right above the hook). Taggers use C or K for crew just depending on how you choose to write it. sometimes the K looks better than the C so you put it.

Example: ATK/ATC, same thing. The "K" means "KINGS", C is for Crew, or someimtes the K is for Krew, just depends. But K usually means Kings.

kaotik_hcp
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kaotik_hcp » July 28th, 2005, 8:33 pm

Dj_42O wrote:J2H and Ucla originally started at or around L.A High...I used to write with sum of the UCLA's..Like my ol' homie AyePlus...The "C" with tghe line threw it is more of style....almost like making it look like a cent sign, almost like the dollar sign "$"
thats very true.. most graffiti artists have a good sense of humor... making a C a cent sign, like an S is a dollar sign...

GreyGoose_661

Unread post by GreyGoose_661 » July 28th, 2005, 10:34 pm

many times they cross out a certain letter cause that letter is in a rival crews name or in other cases its cause theyre affiliated with a gang like for ex. in sv i know sum crews that are affiliated with sv vbs so they cross out theyre p's and o's for pacoima and orkas it doesnt mean that theyre from the gang but they pay their dues to them.----

kaotik_hcp
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kaotik_hcp » July 28th, 2005, 11:38 pm

i have never in my life heard of gang related graffiti krews... crossing out letters in their tag because of a rival gang...? seriously? thats crazy... i'm going to quit doing graffiti... i only thought old people thought graffiti krews were gangs, now everyone does... thats some shit yo..

GreyGoose_661

Unread post by GreyGoose_661 » July 30th, 2005, 12:01 am

dont get me wrong i aint trying to say this happens everywhere i gave the example of how it is in sv. The topic of the thread was why do taggers cross out letters? and i just gave an ex of how they do.

kaotik_hcp
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kaotik_hcp » July 30th, 2005, 8:51 am

GreyGoose_661 wrote:dont get me wrong i aint trying to say this happens everywhere i gave the example of how it is in sv. The topic of the thread was why do taggers cross out letters? and i just gave an ex of how they do.
thats kool.. it could be anything then...

kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe » July 30th, 2005, 11:26 am

C - Crips.

If taggers are crossing out crips then they might have beef with them.

It can't be "crew" because there is no such tagger crew named "crew".

First of all a tagger would put the initals of the name or the shortened version of the crew or some gang injunctions like signs or stars or whatever.....

Or the crew can put the name of itself or the real name or nickname of the person.

Back to the crips part, crips uses the letter and gang sign as "C" and uses it on graffiti but also uses shit like stars or pitchforks or dildos or whatever.

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOL

Unread post by Young Nile » July 30th, 2005, 10:03 pm

kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe wrote:C - Crips.

First of all a tagger would put the initals of the name or the shortened version of the crew or some gang injunctions like signs or stars or whatever.....

Or the crew can put the name of itself or the real name or nickname of the person.

Back to the crips part, crips uses the letter and gang sign as "C" and uses it on graffiti but also uses shit like stars or pitchforks or dildos or whatever.

LOL....

kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe » July 30th, 2005, 10:10 pm

That's really how it is, unless u are being sarcastic.

kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe » July 30th, 2005, 10:10 pm

Cause people are always sarchatsic with me.

Trickeration Station
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Unread post by Trickeration Station » August 1st, 2005, 2:48 pm

kaotik_hcp wrote:i have never in my life heard of gang related graffiti krews... crossing out letters in their tag because of a rival gang...? seriously? thats crazy... i'm going to quit doing graffiti... i only thought old people thought graffiti krews were gangs, now everyone does... thats some shit yo..
IN CALI, WE HAVE WHAT WE CALL "TAG BANGERS".

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » August 4th, 2005, 2:47 pm

Young Nile wrote:

LOL....
HAHAHHAHAA!

kcf you should be a commedian man, your a funny guy. Seriously how do you think of this stuff, just classic, i mean

gang sign as "C" and uses it on graffiti but also uses shit like stars or pitchforks or dildosor whatever

lol if this forum had karma system i woulda given you some

raztheory

mistaken ideantity

Unread post by raztheory » August 6th, 2005, 8:01 pm

do you taggers ever get mistaken as gang memebers ,dissin someone's set when you tag?

kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kcf_4_ever_4_lyfe » August 6th, 2005, 8:15 pm

End Violence NOW wrote:
Young Nile wrote:

LOL....
HAHAHHAHAA!

kcf you should be a commedian man, your a funny guy. Seriously how do you think of this stuff, just classic, i mean

gang sign as "C" and uses it on graffiti but also uses shit like stars or pitchforks or dildosor whatever

lol if this forum had karma system i woulda given you some

Thank you, but i have stage freight, i can't be a commiddidian, and what the hell does karma mean?

LosAngeles

Unread post by LosAngeles » August 7th, 2005, 12:20 pm

we dont really like to be called taggers mostly writers or bombers but i can give u an explanation why writers cross out the c's either for style or dey have beef with another crew like around my nieghborhood the tca's cross out there c's fro the ctm's n the ctm's cross out there t's for the tca's cuz whenever they get up n the enemy sees it its disrespecting them n there crew

L-B

Unread post by L-B » September 8th, 2005, 9:17 am

C stands for crip like when they tag up like put {cripz 187 slobz} they cross out the b for a worning to like stay away ya know so the bloods do it in reverce so they cross out the c

BabyJesus
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BabyJesus » September 10th, 2005, 6:28 pm

Damn, I been readeen wut ppl responded en some ppl came up with some dumb shit. Taggers sometimes cross the C out becuz iss jes fer a lil style. sometimes, dey put a lil small X in the C or eny other letter. the C in taggeen crews stands fer Crew. Sometimes dey use the K though, instead.

SMEAR

THE MYSTERY OF THE CROSSED OUT C

Unread post by SMEAR » September 10th, 2005, 9:45 pm

THE REASON SOME CREWS CROSS OUT THE C IS BECASE THEY GOT BEEF WITH A CREW THAT STARTS WITH A C.IN THE CASE OF J2H BYC AND UCLA THAT C CREW HAPPENS TO BE CWK .THATS WHY SOME WRITERS BE CROSSIN OUT the C. :twisted:

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Dago

Unread post by yardstick » June 23rd, 2009, 2:10 am

Trickeration Station wrote:DOWN HERE IN SAN DIEGO, THERE'S A TAGGING CREW CALLED RCLs - RUFF CITY LOCOS AND THEY ALSO CROSS OUT THERE C'S. BUT I THINK THEY DO IT BECAUSE THERE RIVAL IS CALs - CRAZY ASS LATINOS/LOCOS.
RCLS and CALS both cross out their C's . Both have beef with VCV-Varrio Chula Vista, so they cross out the C's in their hitups. Most of the South Bay San Diego gangs cross out the C's to show disrespect to VCV. With that whole C cross out thing...it's probably a diss for a rival crew/gang that begins with a "C."

BTW-
Ruff City Locos clicked up with Del Sol 13 (DS RC)
Crazy Ass Latinos went 13 (CAL13, CALS13)...but they might be inactive now.

spadeloc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: north las vegas

Re: mistaken ideantity

Unread post by spadeloc » June 23rd, 2009, 4:35 am

raztheory wrote:do you taggers ever get mistaken as gang memebers ,dissin someone's set when you tag?
im sure thats hapened at one point or another cuzz some ride the line betweeen being a crew and a gang and i seen a fewdudes get pissed cuzz tagger hit certain walls in cerrrtain parts of they hoods where they felt no outsiders should have access to and taggers love hitting shit thats highly visible or hard to get at for one reason or another but the ones i new did their best not get into with any gangs

Buu

Re:

Unread post by Buu » June 29th, 2009, 12:35 pm

Trickeration Station wrote:
kaotik_hcp wrote:i have never in my life heard of gang related graffiti krews... crossing out letters in their tag because of a rival gang...? seriously? thats crazy... i'm going to quit doing graffiti... i only thought old people thought graffiti krews were gangs, now everyone does... thats some shit yo..
IN CALI, WE HAVE WHAT WE CALL "TAG BANGERS".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPJIYfAMgHw&eurl

YUTS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YUTS » June 30th, 2009, 12:46 pm

im gonna say that if they cross out the c its most likely a style thing , either that or they are a tag bangin crew. also the C at the end of crew letters stands for CREW its like a little flair at the end you add an extra letter or if you write K at the end it signifies KING someone or a crew that crushes the city "all City" alot of foos that put K at the end get dissed if they crew hasnt kinged anything

jdm894g
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Re:

Unread post by jdm894g » July 14th, 2009, 11:12 pm

jae wrote:I've ran with taggin crews and i've done it myself, it has NOTHING to do with crips. It's only a style thing to put 1 or 2 slashes in the c (on the top right corner of the C, right above the hook). Taggers use C or K for crew just depending on how you choose to write it. sometimes the K looks better than the C so you put it.

Example: ATK/ATC, same thing. The "K" means "KINGS", C is for Crew, or someimtes the K is for Krew, just depends. But K usually means Kings.
fbf's how it was when i was tagging T.A.C. they used to put the slashes in the C over in NELA and then they added the "K" for kings, but me being from south central TACK didnt look right. I got asked a fw times about it and since i want looking for trouble i didnt tag TACK in my hood...only in other areas. Crossing out the "C" is a whole other issue. I stopped tagging in 91.

jdm894g
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re:

jae wrote:I've ran with taggin crews and i've done it myself, it has NOTHING to do with crips. It's only a style thing to put 1 or 2 slashes in the c (on the top right corner of the C, right above the hook). Taggers use C or K for crew just depending on how you choose to write it. sometimes the K looks better than the C so you put it.

fbf's how it was when i was tagging T.A.C. they used to put the slashes in the C over in NELA and then they added the "K" for kings, but me being from south central TACK didnt look right. I got asked a fw times about it and since i want looking for trouble i didnt tag TACK in my hood...only in other areas. Crossing out the "C" is a whole other issue. I stopped tagging in 91.

jdm894g
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re:

slit
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Torrance

Unread post by slit » September 9th, 2009, 2:33 am

90% of the time it means CK wether that be crip or C as in another crew that uses C....Such as VMK hates MAC when they tag they cross out the M,on the other hand though some gangs use this as a sign of hate towards crips.