Mashmode & Onehunnit/100 Click rivalry?

Discuss gangs in the The South in the following states; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C. & West Virgina
VALERO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Mashmode & Onehunnit/100 Click rivalry?

Unread post by VALERO » July 23rd, 2009, 2:35 am

Do any Houston people, especially those that live in SW Houston or in suburbs near SW Houston, know about these two cliques? It seems that they are located in several Houston towns and suburbs in Fort Bend County-Fresno, Missouri City, possibly Sugarland, and possibly the city of Houston itself, most probably in SW Houston (I say that since I think a lot of these Fort Bend areas are kinda near SW Houston; I think Katy may be near SW Houston also). I think Mashmode may be heavily in Fresno and possibly Sugarland, while the 100 click (which may also be known as Onehunnit, Young Ones, or Young 100) may be in Missouri City and SW Houston. This rivalry may also pit two high schools against each other, Hightower (Mashmode kids) vs Willowridge (100 click).

The reason I'm asking about this is that there was a shooting last night at Texas Southern University, a.k.a. TSU. TSU is located in the 3rd Ward, which is in Southeast Houston. The shooting happened during a Trae Day celebration at TSU. Trae Day is meant to honor Houston rapper Trae. Anyway, here's the Houston Chronicle.com article below that mentions a gang rivalry between groups from Fresno and Missouri City.

At least six shot at TSU at event honoring rapper
By MIKE GLENN and LINDSAY WISE Copyright 2009 HOUSTON CHRONICLE
July 23, 2009, 12:11AM
1 2
photo
Billy Smith II Chronicle

Police tape marks the spot where the people were shot Wednesday at the Texas Southern University campus.

At least six people were shot Wednesday night, none fatally, on the Texas Southern University campus during an event recognizing a Houston area rapper, school and police officials said.

University spokeswoman Eva Pickens said university officials were told that the shootings, which occurred at about 8:30 p.m. at Cleburne and Tierwester, near the East Garage, were gang-related.

At least one of the people shot attended TSU, she said, adding that none of the injuries were life-threatening. The student was taken to Memorial Hermann. His name was not available Wednesday night. Five others were taken to Ben Taub General Hospital.

Pickens said university police, who are investigating, reported that the shooting involved a Missouri City-Fresno gang rivalry.

Angela Anderson, another spokeswoman, declined to elaborate about how the TSU officers came to that conclusion. "It’s an ongoing investigation," she said late Wednesday.

Peter Role, a local music promoter who was at the event, said he heard what he said sounded "like the Fourth of July" in the parking lot.

"We heard some gunshots and everybody was hitting the ground," he said. He doesn’t know exactly what happened, but apparently a round hit a tire of his Lexus. TSU police removed the tire for inspection.

He called the shooting "an unfortunate incident. This is an isolated incident, hopefully it won’t happen again."

Tangela DeBoest, who was visiting her mother at a nearby apartment complex, said she saw a car drive onto Tierwester from Alabama and open fire into the crowd.

Promotional materials advertised the event as a free family block party in celebration of the second "Trae Day," featuring live performances, train rides, pony rides, face painting and moonwalks as well as HIV and STD testing and free school supplies.

The event followed a similar event last year meant to celebrate the work of rapper Frazier Thompson III — better known by stage name Trae — with at-risk youth in Houston. Thompson was officially honored by the City Council for that work on July 22, 2008, which they proclaimed "Trae Day."

The event was scheduled for 3-9 p.m., in the parking lot of the TSU stadium. The rapper was scheduled to be joined by U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee and City Council members Peter Brown and Ron Green, as well as numerous music and sports celebrities, including former Houston Rocket Ron Artest and free agent guard Von Wafer.

Nancy Byron, Trae’s publicist, said the rapper and his entourage had already left the event at 8:30 or 8:45 p.m. and did not see the shooting.

"Honestly we’re hearing so many different accounts, none of us are really sure what happened," Byron said. "We heard some people got hurt. We’re very depressed about it and we feel like it’s a black eye on an otherwise very community-driven event."

Byron said the shooting did not have anything to do with Trae or anyone affiliated with him. "This is something that happened with random people who attended the event," she said.

Brown was at the event earlier in the day.

"My prayers are with the victims of tonight’s tragic events and their families," Brown said in a statement. "I was proud to stand by Rev.William A. Lawson, Pastor D.Z. Cofield and the many other community leaders participating in this event to bring a positive message to our young people. It is a shame that this positive event – one encouraging kids to say no to drugs, stay in school and get involved in the community – is being overshadowed by this terrible incident. This is a tragedy which re-emphasizes our need to further facilitate drug and crime prevention programs. We should all keep the victims and their families in our prayers."

Reporters Peggy O'Hare and Bradley Olson contributed.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/bre ... 42706.html

VALERO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Mashmode & Onehunnit/100 Click rivalry?

Unread post by VALERO » July 23rd, 2009, 2:53 am

Here's a different article from the Click2Houston.com news website. The comment from some person named jaredgraham in the comment section below the article is what turned me on to the possible connection of these two Fort Bend area gang cliques to the shooting at TSU. Here's the article, the comment by jaredgraham, and the actual link to both the click2houston.com story and the comment section where you can see jaredgraham's comment about Mashmode and the Onehunnit/100 clique. Jaredgraham mentions Sugarland and Missouri City while the previous article by Chron.com mentions Fresno and Missouri City.

As Many As 6 Shot At TSU
No Fatalities Reported

POSTED: Wednesday, July 22, 2009
UPDATED: 11:28 pm CDT July 22, 2009
HOUSTON -- Texas Southern University officials said that as many as six people were shot at the Trae Day concert on Wednesday, held on the TSU campus at Cleburn and Tierwester streets in southeast Houston.

Five were taken to Ben Taub Hospital. One is a TSU student and he was taken to Hermann Hospital.

TSU officials did not say exactly where the shooting happened. It was not a TSU-sponsored event, but it was held on campus. Trae Day is a local rapper.

There were no known fatalities. Detectives were checking on the victims late Wednesday night.

Witnesses said somebody began shooting in the parking lot where the concert was held. There were several hundred people at the concert, described as a family event.

Trae Day said he was saddened by the shooting and said he is opposed to violence.

Copyright 2009 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

jaredgraham 2 hours ago
Wow rob7700 is really ignorant. First off the two gangs had nothing to do with the rapper or the event or baby mamas are daddys for that matter. Two gangs that have been at it for 4 years just had it out at the wrong place. The two gangs are Mashmode and Onehunnit click, both groups are from the suburbs Sugarland and Missouri City (at least the guys who were shooting are). I went to school with some of these guys. The whole situation is sad because all these kids grew up privileged they are just trying to prove themselves to each other.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/20150169/detail.html

VALERO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VALERO » July 23rd, 2009, 3:30 am

Here's a blog posting from a Houston Chronicle.com blog that talks about Fort Bend County. It talks about a 2007 shooting where a Houston guy claiming 100 Click shot at the house of a Fresno guy claiming Mashmode over some chick. The Mashmode guy wasn't at his house at the time and no one was injured. The 100 Click guy was convicted several months ago and got 16 years in jail. This article mentions the Willowridge HS and Hightower HS connections.

March 05, 2009
*Lovelorn man gets 16 years for spraying bullets in Fresno

Romance and gang violence . . . a perpetual theme that inspires artistic creations such as the story of Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow told and retold through music, the silver screen and the stage. Fort Bend County may have well been a setting for a Bonnie and Clyde movie of the 21st century.

Assistant District Attorney Mike Elliott said a drive-by shooting in the east side of the county on Oct. 21, 2007 involving a love affair and two rival gangs was reminiscent of the 1930s legend.

In this case, the outlaw, Vicline St. Hilaire, is a Houston man who belongs to a gang known as either "100 click", "Young Ones" or the "Young 100," whose members include current and past students of Willowridge High School in the Fort Bend school district. He retaliated against a member of a rival gang, dubbed "Mashmode" or the "Mashmode Mobstars," which involves youngsters affiliated with Hightower High School.

Judge James Shoemake gave St. Hilaire 16 years in jail and a $10,000 fine on Feb. 27 after a 434th District Court jury found him guilty of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

According to Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office, Elliott recounted the episode that unfolded at the Fresno home of the Mashmode guy who was dating St. Hilaire's girlfriend.

Outraged that the Mashmode guy took his gal, St. Hilaire and his gang brothers drove to Fresno spraying dozens of bullets at the rival's home. At the time of the shooting, the Mashmode lovebird wasn't home but his unsuspecting mother and brother hid on the floor and in a closet. At least 39 shots were fired. Elliott called it a miracle that no one was hurt.

Bloodhounds were used in the investigation and scent comparisons matched fired casings found at the scene to a recovered 30/30 rifle found at St. Hilaire's home and also himself. Ballistic tests by the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office proved the rifle to be the same weapon used in the shooting.

St. Hilaire must serve one-half of his sentence before being eligible for parole, according to the Sheriff's Office.

Posted by Zen T.C. Zheng at March 5, 2009 06:00 PM

Comments

Willowridge and Hightower. This is fascinating. It explains why a friend of mine has been so concerned ever since her son was zoned to Hightower.

Posted by: Trish at March 6, 2009 03:38 PM

Amazing how the district always denies there is a gang problem.

Posted by: anonymous at March 9, 2009 07:54 AM

http://blogs.chron.com/fortbend/archive ... an_ge.html

Chase-C
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Chase-C » July 23rd, 2009, 9:25 pm

I know nothing about these cliques. I heard of Mashmode from one of my friends thats in South Acres. He heard about them because they always fought at this club in Southwest Houston. I went to Trae Day. I saw there was going to be a fight then rounds started getting shot off in the crowd and I ran like everyone else.

SWblocks-Veteran
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Unread post by SWblocks-Veteran » July 29th, 2009, 11:12 am

This is really a Fresno vs Mo City thing. They got the two clicks representing it out of both cities but the funniest thing about it is all the Fresno people are just people who moved out there from Mo City originally...weird.