Are the Avenues in NELA realy racist?

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Are the Avenues in NELA realy racist?

Unread post by alexalonso » September 26th, 2009, 11:48 am

On the Northeast LA pgae at: http://www.streetgangs.com/hispanic/cityofla/northeast someone named Big Avenues wrote:
NEVER ENDING LOS AVENUES FUCK A PARK AND A NIGGER
Back in 2006 the feds charged 4 guys with hate crimes, Gilbert “Lucky” Saldana, 27, Alejandro “Bird” Martinez, 29, Fernando “Sneaky” Cazares, 26, and Porfirio “Dreamer” Avila, 31 all from the 43rd clique with hate crimes, but is this realy representative of the 600-800 members of the gang?

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Re: Are the Avenues in NELA realy racist?

Unread post by Lonewolf » April 29th, 2013, 6:59 pm

alexalonso wrote:On the Northeast LA pgae at: http://www.streetgangs.com/hispanic/northeast.html someone named Big Avenues wrote:
NEVER ENDING LOS AVENUES FUCK A PARK AND A NIGGER
Back in 2006 the feds charged 4 guys with hate crimes, Gilbert “Lucky” Saldana, 27, Alejandro “Bird” Martinez, 29, Fernando “Sneaky” Cazares, 26, and Porfirio “Dreamer” Avila, 31 all from the 43rd clique with hate crimes, but is this realy representative of the 600-800 members of the gang?

Alejandro, is not just the Avenues that don't like blacks gangsters in their neighborhoods, it's all of N E L A varrios.
It's always been like that. But that doesn't mean that they mess with civilians.
There's alwasy going to be knuckleheads that will mess with civilians, but that doesn't mean the Homeboys in the varrios are all racist. But i can tell you for a fact that North East varrios do not care much for their neighborhoods having black sets.

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

Unread post by AztecNinja » April 29th, 2013, 8:52 pm

I wouldnt say all NELA gangs, I've kicked it on San Pasqual with some fools from HLP and like 3 dudes from Raymond Crip and we were all getting Shermed together. This was awhile ago, but as far as I know the Aves are the only one on the NK tip. But my best friend is black and he is born and raised on Ave 60 right by the park and he has never had problems, only with 43rd. I guess they threw some warning shots at him at a red light once, well actually they lit his car up,,lol. he didnt get hit though.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » April 29th, 2013, 9:15 pm

i understand what you're saying, but getting shermed or having one or two dudes come by and kick it is one thing, not the same thing as letting them roam around or set up anything., it's like i said before, is not that people in N E L A are racist in general terms, but i suppose they do have a little more intolerance towards blacks having a chance to set up anywhere., in that respect, yes, N E L A's can be considered more racial against blacks than most other places like the east side, west side, south side or harbor area., N E L A is vicious in that regards., that's the attitude

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AztecNinja » May 1st, 2013, 9:29 am

Ive posted this before, in like 1990 when I went to Franklin High School there was a black dude they called Michael Jackson that used to kick it with some of the younger Aves in the 57 area. He used to be all Creased up, Cortez and a Center line jacket.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » May 8th, 2013, 4:24 am

my 2 cents, even though i'm not from nela....

media hype.

yeah avenues might have killed a few black guys but how many raza has avenues killed? are they racist against latinos? lol

it's gang shit. ppl get killed. sometimes by mistake.

yeah aves don't want black gangs in their hood. they don't want other eses in their hood either.

ppl like to make big deal out of everything.

ppl also like to talk crap about rival gangs and races of rival gangs.

that gang is racist, that gang is rankers, that gang are crackheads, that gang jumps in anyone....

or those centros play scandalous, those mexicans only act hard when they deep, those asians are play gangsters, those blacks are too loud....

we all hear the same stuff on the street, juvie, county, pen..... only thing that changes is who is saying it about who.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » May 24th, 2013, 11:51 am

it all depends on the individual – how he deals with, interacts with & looks at different races

but the root cause of all racism is:

1. ignorance

2. you got punked and you feel like peseta /pussy and you lash out your anger in racist rants and attitude

At the same time I also strongly believe using the race card as a crutch is weak!

"they don’t like me cus I’m black" and "they don’t like me cus I’m Mexican” blah, blah, blah

Right now I’m going thru it with my teenage son cus he still wants to blame the white man for keeping the Raza down type shit

I try and tell him that’s garbage

But then again – there was time I actually thought like that … till I grew up

The reality is I’ve been career blocked and it’s been Chicano juras that have been the worst assholes with me and set me up and fucked me over

At the end of the day

You keep yourself down.. can’t no white man keep you down if you prepare yourself and make right decisions

We are a product of our decisions, not of our skin color /race

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » November 7th, 2013, 7:51 pm

i agree that brown juras are a part of keeping down the brown
that's the reason i hate migras
they're like apaches being used by the army to track down other apaches
traitors in my book!

but i disagree as to the white man not being the cause of you being kept down
yeah there's all kinds of opportunities for all of us these days
but the white man and his system still rules the land
and they are not going to just hand it over to you

you're going to have to overcome and be smarter than them to make it as a people
they're not just gonna hand it to you based on respect and equality for what you represent
chale!

riding with my old department director not too long ago, we were talking world power and politics
and he was of the same ole mind that i have always witnessed in white americans
like lyndon johnson once said, the world wants what we have, and we're not going to give it to them!
that they (white americans) feel that they are the enlightened democratic most benign people on the planet
and that they will never ever relinquish that position to any one, internal or external
suffice to enlighten me as to where i stand in "their" society!

you look around and tell me just how many laws of the land are reflective of brown or black culture?

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » November 9th, 2013, 1:07 am

I find the question to be kind of funny to be honest.

Since when are street gangs politically correct?

"Yeah we're a crazy street gang, got homies doing life in prison for murder, we sell drugs, do drugs, beat down and shoot people etc, but don't worry! We're not a bunch of racists! We practice affirmative action and have anti discrimination rules in the hood! Making a racial slur is a big no no around here."

C'mon now.

Labeling a group racist tells nobody anything. It gives us no meaningful information.

Now if the question is,for example, "Do the Avenues target innocent black people who are not gang members or is it just a few members that have done such a thing?"

Okay, then I can see the importance of the question.

alsheikh971
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by alsheikh971 » November 11th, 2013, 6:55 am

[quote="RuthlessCray"]I find the question to be kind of funny to be honest.

"Yeah we're a crazy street gang, got homies doing life in prison for murder, we sell drugs, do drugs, beat down and shoot people etc, but don't worry! We're not a bunch of racists! We practice affirmative action and have anti discrimination rules in the hood! Making a racial slur is a big no no around here."

C'mon now.

Labeling a group racist tells nobody anything. It gives us no meaningful information.

Now if the question is,for example, "Do the Avenues target innocent black people who are not gang members or is it just a few members that have done such a thing?"

Okay, then I can see the importance of the question.[/quote]
You nailed it Best
Gangs are what they are ! Indeed

elOriginalMartinez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: East Los

Unread post by elOriginalMartinez » November 12th, 2013, 12:45 am

RuthlessCray wrote:I find the question to be kind of funny to be honest.

:mrgreen: exellent point, Ruthless

Nailed it right on the head

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » November 12th, 2013, 8:21 pm

look man, i was up there in ne.la these past two or three weekends

nela don't care for blacks in their neighborhoods, period!

now you can analyze it any which way you like

but at the end of the day, it is as simple as can be

ethnicity

and ethnicity don't really care for any other

like the joke being told

what 3 things you can't give a black man?

a black eye

a fat lip

or a job

serious, ne.la ain't for black people

aliso village, city terrace might
but ne.la ain't

^ ^ that's just how it is

everyone can get along
but people ain't of the same mind, upbringing or 'culture'

each might as well have their own little country
just like south l.a. and compton once did

until they got invaded and overflowed with "others"
and they (blacks} don't like it
not one bit more than chicano-mexs would like it if their neighborhood was being overrun

not no lott 13, not no maravilla

not even a vato from the mexican alps would like it if his neighborhood was to become all black

so lets be really real about the color of things

it don't mean that one is superior to another

it simply means that you have an understanding
and a preference for yours

biased

you hang around, you trip with, you live at
where you feel most atune and comfortable with

but that ain't racist

that's just simply being who you were born and who you are

racist is an amerikan term and ideology to keep you separate and down

racist is a guero amerikan sociology term used to divide and conquer

and most of you still buy into it

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AztecNinja » November 13th, 2013, 5:39 am

It depends on the individual. There was a homeless man man me and my best friend used to mess with whenI was a kid. The dude was black and so was my best friend. Born and raised in HLP everyone one from the Aves to HLP know him. Anyways we would throw rocks at this fool and he would chase us, finally he caught us on fig and like 55. I ducked into a store and my homie tried to break down a side street and got caught. The homeless dude grabbed my friend, I saw one of the older dudes from A's and told him to help us out, he ran out there and punked the homelss black dude out and was really concerned about my friend. This was in like 85 so its based on the individual and also alot has to do with politics , the word racism doesnt fit, its just some gangsta shit thats it.

alsheikh971
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by alsheikh971 » November 14th, 2013, 6:14 am

Sorry aztec
The word "racism" (or "racist") just fits well. Just think about the man who got gunned down at the bus station (the Black Mexican as it appeared) and the guy who got shot when he parked his car. Unarmed civilians !
It wasn't a stray bullet at these times.
I understand that you do not want your neighbourhood to be invaded, even if you don't, even, own it. But killing on sight.
I don't pull the spell on Latinos, the same had happened in black neighbourhoods as well.
It's senseless, and it is pure hatred, Devil has to be at work !

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by AztecNinja » November 14th, 2013, 8:24 am

Agreed but the black dude at the bus stop was always standing hard, blasting his radio at the bus stop like if that was his neighborhood. He used to do it at the bus stop on fig and 43. Thats disrespect, if I did that consistantly even after being warned and jumped for it, I bet the Aves would have taken it to the next level on me aswell. Not racism its called Gang-banging! I dont agree with that lifestyle but it is what it is. It didnt help that he was black lol, but his skin didnt get him killed his actions did.

BlueMoon
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BlueMoon » November 14th, 2013, 10:28 am

I've never heard of this gang until they made the news on some racial shit like 204st.......I don't respect sureno gangs that target black civilians......Until they go to war with a black gang they don't count in my eyes.......Same with black gangs targeting mexicans that don't bang.....Those blacks have to fight mexicans that will fight back because anything else is bitchassness......

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Lazy Angeles

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » February 28th, 2016, 9:20 am

its like this. theres racists everywhere. just so happens some of em is from ur neighborhood. but u do u. u cant control other people. make it my concern theyll be problems. the ones writing it on the walls should catch heat from that homie if he a real one. for a hood to allow the few racists to represent their hood in this buster way also shows the following attitude that leads to other stupid shit thatll get em locked up.

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » February 28th, 2016, 4:36 pm

AztecNinja wrote:I wouldnt say all NELA gangs, I've kicked it on San Pasqual with some fools from HLP and like 3 dudes from Raymond Crip and we were all getting Shermed together. This was awhile ago, but as far as I know the Aves are the only one on the NK tip. But my best friend is black and he is born and raised on Ave 60 right by the park and he has never had problems, only with 43rd. I guess they threw some warning shots at him at a red light once, well actually they lit his car up,,lol. he didnt get hit though.
I remember an old cat from 43gc say 43 aves is coo. We both 43..lol

rgarciasole
What city do you live in now?: cali

Unread post by rgarciasole » March 6th, 2016, 2:26 pm

In all honesty Mayates in the pinta can make you hate them. It happened to me. They are bullies and big mouthed. The can't get none of us because raza deals with it. They are the ones who started the race war. And raza does not forgive and forget easily.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » March 15th, 2016, 2:12 am

BlueMoon wrote:I've never heard of this gang until they made the news on some racial shit like 204st.......I don't respect sureno gangs that target black civilians......Until they go to war with a black gang they don't count in my eyes.......Same with black gangs targeting mexicans that don't bang.....Those blacks have to fight mexicans that will fight back because anything else is bitchassness......
204st is a tiny gang made famous by one incident.

Avenues is a huge gang in northeast l.a. with a violent rep.

A lot of enemies. A lot of bodies.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » March 15th, 2016, 2:17 am

Avenues goes way back. They don't give a fuck.

Fighting almost every Hispanic gang in nela.

Even asian gangs, Avenues beefed with.

Mabuhay Pinoy for years before they faded, satanas, etc.

I remember going back to 1980's a bunch of sts got locked up for killing a few Latino civilians trying to go after Avenues after Aves killed a sts.

derajgwapo
What city do you live in now?: San Bernadino

Unread post by derajgwapo » March 15th, 2016, 9:49 am

judastaugamma wrote:Avenues goes way back. They don't give a fuck.

I remember going back to 1980's a bunch of sts got locked up for killing a few Latino civilians trying to go after Avenues after Aves killed a sts.

82' would be the exact date... I believe it was Chuco or Happy who got killed by the Aves.

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » March 15th, 2016, 11:51 am

Innocent civilians and STS didn't go through the BS like TRG?

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » March 19th, 2016, 12:38 pm

Avenues and Longo have that shit bad.

YoungMetro
What city do you live in now?: West Covina

Unread post by YoungMetro » January 22nd, 2017, 11:54 pm

derajgwapo wrote:

82' would be the exact date... I believe it was Chuco or Happy who got killed by the Aves.
Was this the time when a STS was caught slippin tryna cross out Aves?

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by judastaugamma » January 25th, 2017, 3:01 am

YoungMetro wrote:
derajgwapo wrote:

Was this the time when a STS was caught slippin tryna cross out Aves?
Not too sure about the details. I just heard Avenues killed a satanas, Satanas tried to get payback.

Two carloads split up and just started cruising and blasting looking for avenues. They did a couple of shootings that day.

Satanas use to be around nela.

Back in the days in l.a. if there's Filipinos in your area living there, there's Satanas too.

Maybe not deep but there'd be some. Whether it's nela, sfv, sgv, Southeast l.a., o.c., ventura county.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”