Anyone been to chicago and witnessed latino Chicago gangs?

The Midwest for the pupose of this forum will be defined as the following States; Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin
PaulieG197KKrazy

Anyone been to chicago and witnessed latino Chicago gangs?

Unread post by PaulieG197KKrazy » April 17th, 2008, 4:53 pm

Just wondering how yall feel? Cause from what I understand surenos dont like blacks and shit but here in chicago...every gang has a good portion of different races...Latino gangs here often have alot of blacks and whites...I was just wonderin what any of yall thought?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » April 17th, 2008, 9:38 pm

I just thought fools tripped off of the way you wear hats too much & was surprised that a lot of fools actually looked like a lot dudes from Cali, but that was in the 90's.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » April 21st, 2008, 1:00 pm

Chicago gangs aren't as racial as L.A. gangs. Latino gangs have alot of whites and blacks, white gangs have latinos. Some Black gangs like Mickey Cobras are all black but they're an exception.

I think the People and Folks alliances have alot to do with it. As soon as Chicago gangs divided into People and Folks, race became less important than whether a gang was Folks or People. All of a sudden Vice Lords were cool with latin Kings, Simon City Royals were cool with MLD's etc. Race became less and less important.

If L.A. had developed a similar non-racial alliance system way back in the 70's I doubt this brown/black conflict would be going on today.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » April 21st, 2008, 4:33 pm

Yeah, obviously Surenos & Latino gangs from Chicago are different. It's just different politics & such. I agree with anti-racial politics myself, but not everyone is like that.

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Riverside

Re: Anyone been to chicago and witnessed latino Chicago gangs?

Unread post by Vincetheprince » July 14th, 2008, 9:58 am

thats too bad though, because now you have people all over Cali killing each other based on race

SmileyGee
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by SmileyGee » September 29th, 2009, 5:45 pm

Vincetheprince wrote:thats too bad though, because now you have people all over Cali killing each other based on race
Yeah dispensa but thats the way it is we got our own stilo...Well also wat can I say about it I been and experienced Chicago gangs on a family trip sadly they just resemble a carbon a copy of black gangs sad sad sad
Muchas gracias,
SmileyGEE

rollinthru
If in the United States: Arkansas

Unread post by rollinthru » September 29th, 2009, 6:41 pm

I would think it's cuz Chicago is a big city for blacks...lots of latinos, but not as many as cali. Plus, it isn't even just Mexicans, but also Puerto ricans. it seems like in Chicago, the Latinos get absorbed by Black gang culture.

In Los Angeles, Mexicans always had our own style. So much, that LA Black gangs got really inspired by Chicano gangs..but didn't get absorbed as much as Latinos in Chicago. As much as they hate each o ther now, Black and Latino gangs shared a lot of culture. Chicanos gave Blacks lowriders, inspiration for their clothing style, some slang, prison culture, Blacks gave Chicanos music, a lot of slang. Musing being the biggest inspiration from blacks: oldies and rap.

I would have no problem with Chicago Mexicans(they dont seem to like to call themselves Chicanos), but a lot of them seem to have a fucked up attitude. They do jock Blacks a lot, so it makes them all defensive when they get called out on it. They try to say that the Califas Chicano style is "paisa", but it's because they don't realize that Chicanos have a uniqe 'hood style. They got removed from it, and got absorbed into a stronger culture.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » October 1st, 2009, 2:38 pm

its just that the chicano style from the west is well west cost, midwest southern and east coast chicanos have to develop their own chicano style that suits their region, just like blacks from different regions have a little different styles and borrow from each other.

hey
If in the United States: Idaho
What city do you live in now?: Chicago

Unread post by hey » October 7th, 2009, 9:27 am

I dont think I will ever understand Cali way of thinkin. "They do jock Blacks" I dont know why you would say that. Should they just talk like "wuss up Ese" "Vato loco Que No" That aint Chicago homey. And never will be. Our gang culture aint yours. Get over it. And if bein overly racial with your gangs is your "stilo" congradulations. You can have that. We got our own problems over here. I'm a black dude in the Chi. Nobody over here really giving a shit about how cribs/bloods/surenos living over there. Everyone realizes thats a whole another state on the other side of the country. Thats like me sayin "why the crips talkin that, what up cuz shit. They should be like What up folks". It dont make no sense. Peace to the black and brown.

youayntfresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by youayntfresh » October 7th, 2009, 6:24 pm

Dont they have Spanish Cobras,Latin Kings,and Familia Stones?

hey

Unread post by hey » October 8th, 2009, 12:06 pm

Yeah. But many of the gangs are sprinkled with diffrent races. Some more than others. Of course there a couple of racial squabbles here and there but not like Cali (atleast from what I see). Latin Kings have sets here in Chicago with black members, though it is a prodominately latin nation. Familia or PR stones are the latin version of BPS so they pretty much consider themselves family. They have plenty of diffrent races in them.

SmileyGee
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SmileyGee » October 8th, 2009, 3:12 pm

hey wrote:I dont think I will ever understand Cali way of thinkin. "They do jock Blacks" I dont know why you would say that. Should they just talk like "wuss up Ese" "Vato loco Que No" That aint Chicago homey. And never will be. Our gang culture aint yours. Get over it. And if bein overly racial with your gangs is your "stilo" congradulations. You can have that. We got our own problems over here. I'm a black dude in the Chi. Nobody over here really giving a shit about how cribs/bloods/surenos living over there. Everyone realizes thats a whole another state on the other side of the country. Thats like me sayin "why the crips talkin that, what up because shit. They should be like What up folks". It dont make no sense. Peace to the black and brown.
Exactly Gee just stay n Chicago n stay out of our bussness...No problem will do our thing and keep the racial tension between us just make sure you dnt cum here preaching your gospel...We not interest in your black n brown unity keep it over their...

hey

Unread post by hey » October 9th, 2009, 9:38 am

"We not interest in your black n brown unity keep it over their..." Fasho its all good. Good luck with all that. But it aint about black and brown unity in Chi Town, its about gangster shit before anything. Peace to the black and brown.

tainoboricua407
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: District of Columbia
What city do you live in now?: Tampa

Unread post by tainoboricua407 » May 14th, 2010, 9:43 pm

I been to Chicago, and the Blacks holding most of the state down is not what i've seen.. I've seen alot of hispanics running big chunks of Chicago.. Just depends where you go... Hispanics tend to get along with Africans well...Same for NYC and here in Florida... Racist stuff is just plain dumb, in the end we all die bleed.. It's all the same stuff... People are people, gangs, no gangs, etc etc.
rollinthru wrote:I would think it's because Chicago is a big city for blacks...lots of latinos, but not as many as cali. Plus, it isn't even just Mexicans, but also Puerto ricans. it seems like in Chicago, the Latinos get absorbed by Black gang culture.

In Los Angeles, Mexicans always had our own style. So much, that LA Black gangs got really inspired by Chicano gangs..but didn't get absorbed as much as Latinos in Chicago. As much as they hate each o ther now, Black and Latino gangs shared a lot of culture. Chicanos gave Blacks lowriders, inspiration for their clothing style, some slang, prison culture, Blacks gave Chicanos music, a lot of slang. Musing being the biggest inspiration from blacks: oldies and rap.

I would have no problem with Chicago Mexicans(they dont seem to like to call themselves Chicanos), but a lot of them seem to have a #%@& up attitude. They do jock Blacks a lot, so it makes them all defensive when they get called out on it. They try to say that the Califas Chicano style is "paisa", but it's because they don't realize that Chicanos have a uniqe 'hood style. They got removed from it, and got absorbed into a stronger culture.