Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang culture??

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang culture??

Unread post by mayugastank » November 13th, 2009, 9:22 pm

youngspade wrote:You seem to be having orgaisms off this shit, bottom line is, that SHITS CHANGED oh well! Now days Pakistan doing the crip walk and you got blaxks with BIG ASS x3's on there heads STHFWHAT!

Just die.

Okay youngspade since you keep saying I am cofusing and not understanding what you are saying about chicano gangs and specifically ELA gangs, then you in your own words tell me what it is you are saying.........who are chicano gangs, whom copied whom (latino/black) and how do our historys compare????

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » November 13th, 2009, 9:23 pm

youngspade wrote:You seem to be having orgaisms off this shit, bottom line is, that SHITS CHANGED oh well! Now days Pakistan doing the crip walk and you got blaxks with BIG ASS x3's on there heads STHFWHAT!

Just die.

Okay youngspade since you keep saying I am cofusing and not understanding what you are saying about chicano gangs and specifically ELA gangs, then you in your own words tell me what it is you are saying.........who are chicano gangs, whom copied whom (latino/black) and how do our historys compare????

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » November 13th, 2009, 9:23 pm

Just die.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » November 13th, 2009, 9:37 pm

Just die.

I respect dudes like Huey Lewis and the panthers, George Jackson, where the heck all the black Originals like this gone , These dudes were going against massive odds and gave up the Ghost putting it down on the honkeys.....we can keep focusing on our differences but I aint giving an inch when it comes to what I am saying. To brush us under the rug when history says we started the shit is just some bitch ass hater shit .....I dont even have dudes I admire as much as I do George JAckson , mexican or otherwise , its kinda messed up my peeps go against the real enemy but you also have to uderstand that we dont have the same savage ass racial history blacks have with whites and sometimes we just dont really see where its coming from because whites are so good about hiding hwo they reallly feel ,until they are locking you up .Both our groups are murking eachother like some chickens with their heads cut off for the stupidest shit. So really dude , I am arguing on the styles and flavors we chicanos have brought not so much the dumb ass way chicano gangs and black gangs have behaved. I really dont know what the hell is wrong with my people sometimes, its a freaking embarrssment when we get rolled on and do nothing back besides go bust on some hood that dont got a thing to do with the oppression we face in the first place, you guys got more history as of late in lashing out and letting the honkeys have it and that kinda makes me jealous --when I see Long BEach and Watts and the pigs running scared and having to call the national guard in to control blacks who drew a line in the sand against overwhelming odds I get kinda pissed that we havent done the same thing ---but man dont take it personal when I point out our contributions to the game ---cuz I believe the blood to the heart of this thing is all ELA flavored

MENACE18
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LOS ANGELES

Unread post by MENACE18 » November 13th, 2009, 9:45 pm

maravillas are more deeper in orange county than in los,alot of youngsters in santa ana are trying to bring it up,theyre still small in numbers but they deeper in oc, clanton 14th still has a few riders but they got alot of turf taken from them by primera flats,the only reason i say clanton 14th still has riders is cuz they got alot of homies from white fence which is still goin at it,38st is kinda the same but they still holdin it down for their hood

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » November 13th, 2009, 9:46 pm

MENACE18 wrote:maravillas are more deeper in orange county than in los,alot of youngsters in santa ana are trying to bring it up,theyre still small in numbers but they deeper in oc, clanton 14th still has a few riders but they got alot of turf taken from them by primera flats,the only reason i say clanton 14th still has riders is because they got alot of homies from white fence which is still goin at it,38st is kinda the same but they still holdin it down for their hood

SS 38st is! Not East!

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 13th, 2009, 10:03 pm

Whites started the gang shit, Mexicans in La laid the game plan, blacks (in the form of b's and c's) took it to the next level with their style on it. That's the truth.

Dobre
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Guam
What city do you live in now?: Tokyo

Unread post by Dobre » November 14th, 2009, 12:14 am

perongregory wrote:Whites started the gang shit, Mexicans in La laid the game plan, blacks (in the form of b's and c's) took it to the next level with their style on it. That's the truth.
LMAO how did whites start gangs? Hooligans? The shit we saw in the Warriors? Or are you comparing to Irish thugs from Gangs of New York to street gangs? Something like...your way of saying blacks and Mexicans are too stupid to copy the whole gangster routine so they result to copying everything and engaging in lower shit.

Once again, whites dominate. I wonder why.

Apperently they discovered water on the moon.

dubts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by dubts » November 14th, 2009, 12:40 am

mayugastank wrote:
dubts wrote:everybody wuz wearin chucs bac then, blacs made it a gang fashion PERIOD

just like all the new current trends/fashion blacs invented all of it, blacs invented everything , blac man invented the internet too so log yo bitch ass off and go walk around with yo khakis hiked up yah asscrac like a thong

MAN get outta here with teh black man invented the internet, if you want to start nameing shit people invented , next time you eat a choloate bar, say thanks to the AZTECS. Every bit of soul food blacks have is from the white man. Their wasnt corn in Africa, to make biscuits, Potatoes are originally from outside of Africa, so no mash potatoes. I dont think chickens are part of original Africans diet so no fried chicken. And your speaking ENGLISH so why dont you bang on your congo drums if you need to communicate with me>>>>SUCKER. Your freaking petty , we are getting into MODERN AMERICAN gangs and spefically ELA gangs.
why dont u quit speakin english and start speakin aztec then dummy? cuz Mexicans sho ain't invent that, u goin against yo own argument with the dumb shit u sayin

like i said blacs made chucs a gang bangin fashion, blacs made saggin they pants a gangbangin fashion, blacs made 3x tees a gangbangin fashion etc....

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 14th, 2009, 12:51 am

Ethnic whites had the first gangs in the states including LA, but if you want to play snide we can just say whites are usually behind most negative things you see...if you want it like that.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » November 14th, 2009, 9:41 am

perongregory wrote:Ethnic whites had the first gangs in the states including LA, but if you want to play snide we can just say whites are usually behind most negative things you see...if you want it like that.

Nigga MEXICANS invented FARMING GTFO....THERE IS WAY MORE SHIT WE INVENTED your a fucking dumbass. Where you live again? I wanna slap you!

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » November 14th, 2009, 9:43 am

The TOP 10 right here MINUS 1,000 more inventions!

http://listverse.com/2007/10/29/top-10- ... inventors/

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » November 14th, 2009, 12:48 pm

youngspade wrote:
perongregory wrote:Ethnic whites had the first gangs in the states including LA, but if you want to play snide we can just say whites are usually behind most negative things you see...if you want it like that.

Nigga MEXICANS invented FARMING GTFO....THERE IS WAY MORE SHIT WE INVENTED your a #%@&#%@ dumbass. Where you live again? I wanna slap you!

My bad I was suppose to quote MUAGY on that AZTECA sucker BS not you!

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: 408

Unread post by ~J~ » November 15th, 2009, 2:44 am

The thread is getting ridiculous especially with most of Mayuga and dubts remarks/comments. if you want to throw out credit for ones contributions cool but don't deny others theirs.

Bottom line is, every color on earth has brought something to the table that we all benefits from.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » November 16th, 2009, 11:41 am

youngspade wrote:

Nigga MEXICANS invented FARMING GTFO....THERE IS WAY MORE SHIT WE INVENTED your a #%@&#%@ dumbass. Where you live again? I wanna slap you!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? MAN , you guys werent even considered HUMAN , until under 200 years ago. No other race on earth was bought and sold like chattel, for as much of their history.The most barbaraic races on earth at the time , owned slaves, predominantly african slaves , just about every race disallowed intermarriage with blacks. Blacks werent even allowed to learn to read and write in most cases up until the 1900s in every country in the world. NAtive Americans the 2nd most discriminated against race in America, owned and sold slaves.(ATTACHED) Illiteracy among african americans was as high as 90% until the 1940s. Yet dispite this , you believe African Americans with no formal education, illiterate, and barred from participating in ANY CULTURE in the world , invented more then hispanics?Are you insane? Irregardless of what your books tell you --Mexicans are not from the tip of Tijuana to the peninsula of Yucatan. These are man made EUROPEAN borders. The original people of America stretched entirely across the United States into the the very tip of South America. Specifically the tribes of Mayans and Aztecs had a homeland that went from Arizona thru to and into Honduras.Those 2 tribes make up the Mexican People.(the most demoninant ) These tribes owned and bought slaves from spanish slave traders into the 1900s. Not for a lack of intelligence or reason are blacks the least developed people on earth, look at Africa. Your peoples, land, culture and ability to learn and invent were stolen from them in mass, from every sphere and nation on earth. Asian, Arabs, Hispanics , Europeans, all these had and sold slaves. What I am trying to reiterate to you is that your history until the last 100 years throughout earth was one of property, the highest commodity from 1500s to the 1800s was human beings as slaves. Africans were almost exclusively, the commodity as human servants bought and sold, throughout the world. Most nations with any percentage of slaves disallowed those slaves from learning to read and write, the most important abilities in invention.I dont think what you are reading is worthwhile in the sense that African Americans/Aficans, have been such a discriminated against race throughout history --most of the history of humankind, that ANY INVENTION said to even have a black person involved is hyped to show black independence from racial stigma. MEANING: blacks have not been allowed to invent, evolve,learn, so anything they have done is especially important considering the consequences of the above.Its a bigger deal to have a black invent something then it would be to have an arab or asian or hispanic or any other race, therefore anything invented by blacks is subject to be of national importance for the black race

After 1800, the Cherokees and some other tribes started buying and using black slaves, a practice they continued after being relocated to Indian Territory in the 1830s.[100]

The nature of slavery in Cherokee society often mirrored that of white slave-owning society. The law barred intermarriage of Cherokees and blacks, whether slave or free. Cherokee who aided slaves were punished with one hundred lashes on the back. In Cherokee society, blacks were barred from holding office, bearing arms, and owning property, and they made it illegal to teach blacks to read and write.[101][102]

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » November 16th, 2009, 12:04 pm

youngspade wrote:The TOP 10 right here MINUS 1,000 more inventions!

http://listverse.com/2007/10/29/top-10- ... inventors/

http://inventors.about.com/od/famousinv ... exican.htm

I did browse your invention list and found only the sugar production to be of importance, in contrast the mexicans I posted invented thereoms and new ways of looking at microbiology that changed the world. Jet propulsion,birth control , diagnostics of human anatomy and fetal tissue.The most important inventions of the world involve thereom because thereom leads us into new ways of thought that lead us into new ways of doing things that lead us to invent things from thereom on a new visual plane ,coming from new thereom.Hope that makes sense! The most important invention ever-was probably the thereom E=MC2. It lead to so many new ways of thought that you see in every sphere of human life.Every new invention is based off this 3 little word count. If we got into a playlist like you did naming the most basic inventions ever it would number in the millions. I clicked on El Salvadors invention list and they had a list of 4000. A country as small as that. I just cant believe your arrogance and ignorance on the history of your people and the history the world has shown to them. Give it another 100 years and I will guarantee ,blacks in America will be represented in every field as inventors, and not just inventing a new doctor chair or new form of chalkboard.Your people are just now playing catch up and have over 350 years of mental oppression as compared to the 50 years of being given a semi equal footing. Thru no fault of their own.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » November 16th, 2009, 12:14 pm

~J~ wrote:The thread is getting ridiculous especially with most of Mayuga and dubts remarks/comments. if you want to throw out credit for ones contributions cool but don't deny others theirs.

Bottom line is, every color on earth has brought something to the table that we all benefits from.

DUBTS remarks lack substance he is petty, lacks the ability to communicate in an intelligent fashion and shows no sense of how far he is from actually trying to say what he really means. I have stayed on topic and showed proof to my argument and over time have seen the debate fizzle down. Pretty much the question in the forum has been shoved down their throat by plain cold hard facts. Do blacks ispute Mexicans orriginated gang culture? I would say they did and dont now.

This isnt a debate on whom brought whom to where --or whether blacks contributed to the street fashion or gang lifestyle of Chicanos. It is a discussion on the very ethos of chicano culture and Americas street culture that I say is clearly in the top down --today , heart and soul ,EAST LOS.Outside of the mafia no ne has contributed as much to the origins of gang life in America.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 16th, 2009, 1:32 pm

the mafia isn't gang life, chicano street gangs aren't on the level of the mafia, the triads , russian mob, and Yakuza are. You are right about some of the things you said about blacks, but as usual only know a small percentage of the story. I will be back to tell the truth like many have had to do with your myopic posts.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » November 16th, 2009, 2:28 pm

This isnt a debate on whom brought whom to where --or whether blacks contributed to the street fashion or gang lifestyle of Chicanos. It is a discussion on the very ethos of chicano culture and Americas street culture that I say is clearly in the top down --today , heart and soul ,EAST LOS. Outside of the mafia no ne has contributed as much to the origins of gang life in America.

Correction: no one has contributed as much to WEST COAST gang life as Chicanos. Can you honestly say the gang culture they have going in Chicago, NY, DC, Detroit, Boston, Miami, Philadelphia and the eastern US in general is primarily East LA Chicano derived or inspired? Are outlaw bikers emulating cholos? You remind me of one of those white supremacists that try to argue that every great culture on earth was started by whites.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » November 17th, 2009, 12:01 am

Silencioso wrote:This isnt a debate on whom brought whom to where --or whether blacks contributed to the street fashion or gang lifestyle of Chicanos. It is a discussion on the very ethos of chicano culture and Americas street culture that I say is clearly in the top down --today , heart and soul ,EAST LOS. Outside of the mafia no ne has contributed as much to the origins of gang life in America.

Correction: no one has contributed as much to WEST COAST gang life as Chicanos. Can you honestly say the gang culture they have going in Chicago, NY, DC, Detroit, Boston, Miami, Philadelphia and the eastern US in general is primarily East LA Chicano derived or inspired? Are outlaw bikers emulating cholos? You remind me of one of those white supremacists that try to argue that every great culture on earth was started by whites.

OUTSIDE OF THE MAFIA NO ONE HAS CONTRIBUTED AS MUCH.......YES I STAND BY THAT STATEMENT. Chitown and Nyc and Philly are you seriously saying they arent emulating the italian mafia?simply click on any of those east coast rappers to see their names...GOTTI, GAMBINO, LUCKY, CAPONE....the other day I saw a video of JayZ and in the background, were meyer lanksky, lucky luciano, carlo gambino and john gotti, al capone. Of course you cant be serious to deny such a clear cut case of emulation......or are you ? The style of dress worn by PUFFY? is that not authentically italian american gangster? The slang ---lyrics and artistry of MUCH OF east coast black culture is enthused with italian american culture and italian american history....look at some of the names of recent albums, THE COMMISSION, THE FAMILY, DOGGFATHER...etc etc.

NOW FOR YOUR OUTLAW BIKERS comment ..........you do know that the first outlaw bikers started right here in california? the famous route 66 lies in the san bernadino valley. The VAGOS and MONGOLS are distinctely CHICANO CLUBS. The vagos street colors are GREEN WHITE AND RED, the colors of the mexican flag.Well now the mongols , you obviously know about them. If you click on any Hells Angels figures you will see the artistry (tattoing) so prevelant amongst chicanos, artistry we popularized. Artistry BIKERS en masse from West Coast to the East Coast , around the panhandle wear. Whites in general from outlaw bikers to average JOE BLOW TATTOO GUY, do and dress very similiar to chicanos from ELA, the cutoff dickies ,arm sleeve tattoos, bald heads ,gold Ts, come on man?! CAlifornia is the cultural hub for much of the USA underground, especially for whites and hispanics. I can take a trip to any state in the nation and see kids wearing Hollister, Aeropostale, Oakleys, and alot of California based themes. Outside of preppys , almost all white culture is a copy and somewhat fronting copy of ELA. The show THE HILLS had the white guys on there with their socks pulled up, cut off dickies, and locs, the richest white guys in the state dressing like ELA chicanos. ot to mention the relationship established long ago between , the EME and AB that has traveled through every federal prison in the country. Hits and Murders being done as a favor to eachother. Outlaw bikers who arent chicano based are AB affilliated and well we know who the AB flys for dont we?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 17th, 2009, 12:05 am

So everything is Chicano based, blacks didn't invent shit, neither did whites except the Italians, and anything a Chicano did that others did at the same time is automatically Chicano based...I get your drift.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » November 17th, 2009, 12:09 am

mayugastank wrote:
Silencioso wrote:This isnt a debate on whom brought whom to where --or whether blacks contributed to the street fashion or gang lifestyle of Chicanos. It is a discussion on the very ethos of chicano culture and Americas street culture that I say is clearly in the top down --today , heart and soul ,EAST LOS. Outside of the mafia no ne has contributed as much to the origins of gang life in America.

OUTSIDE OF THE MAFIA NO ONE HAS CONTRIBUTED AS MUCH.......YES I STAND BY THAT STATEMENT. Chitown and Nyc and Philly are you seriously saying they arent emulating the italian mafia?simply click on any of those east coast rappers to see their names...GOTTI, GAMBINO, LUCKY, CAPONE....the other day I saw a video of JayZ and in the background, were meyer lanksky, lucky luciano, carlo gambino and john gotti, al capone. Of course you cant be serious to deny such a clear cut case of emulation......or are you ? The style of dress worn by PUFFY? is that not authentically italian american gangster? The slang ---lyrics and artistry of MUCH OF east coast black culture is enthused with italian american culture and italian american history....look at some of the names of recent albums, THE COMMISSION, THE FAMILY, DOGGFATHER...etc etc.

NOW FOR YOUR OUTLAW BIKERS comment ..........you do know that the first outlaw bikers started right here in california? the famous route 66 lies in the san bernadino valley. The VAGOS and MONGOLS are distinctely CHICANO CLUBS. The vagos street colors are GREEN WHITE AND RED, the colors of the mexican flag.Well now the mongols , you obviously know about them. If you click on any Hells Angels figures you will see the artistry (tattoing) so prevelant amongst chicanos, artistry we popularized. Artistry BIKERS en masse from West Coast to the East Coast , around the panhandle wear. Whites in general from outlaw bikers to average JOE BLOW TATTOO GUY, do and dress very similiar to chicanos from ELA, the cutoff dickies ,arm sleeve tattoos, bald heads ,gold Ts, come on man?! CAlifornia is the cultural hub for much of the USA underground, especially for whites and hispanics. I can take a trip to any state in the nation and see kids wearing Hollister, Aeropostale, Oakleys, and alot of California based themes. Outside of preppys , almost all white culture is a copy and somewhat fronting copy of ELA. The show THE HILLS had the white guys on there with their socks pulled up, cut off dickies, and locs, the richest white guys in the state dressing like ELA chicanos. ot to mention the relationship established long ago between , the EME and AB that has traveled through every federal prison in the country. Hits and Murders being done as a favor to eachother. Outlaw bikers who arent chicano based are AB affilliated and well we know who the AB flys for dont we?

JUST LIKE WHITES SAYING EVERY GREAT CULTURE WAS STARTED BY THEM>>>>dont go there! Just because I have some racial pride and know what the truth is doesnt mean I am racist. Unlike you , I aint trying to make friends by selling out my people, I just imagine what youd be like outside of cyberspace. Should I relinquish every piece of history that ELA chicanos have created? the sould and heart of this thing is ELA all day. How could another culture get the same tattoo work as we do and consider themselves anything but an EMULATOR, POSER or ELA afficionado?? I guess if I get some dred locks or rock some SHAWN JOHN or braid my hair , I could still be authentically mexican so long as I dont sag the gear or only let my dred locks grow under the required length for a rasta or braid my hair to the south to represent MEXICO. PLEASE my ninja, blacks are doing just that.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » November 17th, 2009, 12:12 am

perongregory wrote:So everything is Chicano based, blacks didn't invent shit, neither did whites except the Italians, and anything a Chicano did that others did at the same time is automatically Chicano based...I get your drift.

BLACKS AND WHITES invented tons of stuff , street dress,most and LA STREET culture and the style of tattoing prevelent amongst black isnt one of them though.Italians and chicanos , are heavy contributors to black street culture and it doesnt work vice versa. Although the music rocked by both groups is probably black . What I dont get is how gangs so notorious like the crips and bloods arent seen for what they are a ----complete ELA chicano knockoff.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 17th, 2009, 12:16 am

wrong, blacks are doing them like always mixing in some of other people culture like everybody in America does. You never addressed my big post that rectified your fallacies. In fact it's Mexicans and Asians that I see copying white people so much, punks, hip hoppers, taggers, metalheads, hipsters, skaters all that shit. Some blacks do that but the majority of blacks follow their own culture.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » November 17th, 2009, 12:22 am

perongregory wrote:the mafia isn't gang life, chicano street gangs aren't on the level of the mafia, the triads , russian mob, and Yakuza are. You are right about some of the things you said about blacks, but as usual only know a small percentage of the story. I will be back to tell the truth like many have had to do with your myopic posts.

WHAT RUSSIAN MOB ? or do you mean the hundreds of russian crimanals( EX COPS , JUDGES, SOLDIERS) who are the main the main contributors to organized crime , because they have become expert at snitching out their rivals to their old contacts in the goverment? How old is this RUSSIAN mob? from my investigating it the started in the 80s. The triads is another crime group made up out of thin air ---in actuality they are a clonglomerate of hundreds of street gangs and street thugs. YUKUZA? GONE........you do know that the najority of the heavy hitters in Mexicos drug war are chicano gangsters and that the most famous murders comitted in the 90s were done by chicano gangsters from right here in SOCAL dont you? READ BELOW FOR ONE OF A DOZEN STORYS ON TEH LEVEL OF CHICANO GANGS AND HOW THEY ARENT ON TEH SAME LEVEL AS CARTELS AND MAFIA.

Barron's an American success story and a bi-national pain in the ass. In a criminal career that started out poor and rough on the meaner streets of San Diego and Tijuana, Barron pushed his way into the farm leagues-the Calle Treinta gang of Barrio Logan-before being picked up to go into the Big Show. By the late 1980s, as inner cities around the nation were reeling from the sudden and violent epidemic of crack cocaine, Barron was associating with the Arellano-Felix Cartel. Sharply honed instincts, his street senses and a savage disregard for taking human life made him Ramon Arellano-Felix's No. 1 bodyguard. Reckless Ramon, killed in a 2002 police shoot-out, was the most unconscionable player in the most violent cartel in the world's busiest drug corridor. The clubs of Tijuana were Arellano-Felix's playground, and David Barron was perhaps the only man who could match his subtly crafted tapestry of caprice and brutality.

In the clean-cut corporate atmosphere of the DEA, agents are generally white (but increasingly Hispanic), educated and middle class. Agents carry a haughty disdain for their targets, with hints of class-based repugnance, yet San Diego's DEA spokesperson, Misha Piastro, talks of Barron with a begrudging respect. The implications that the man was a sociopath are clear enough. But it's also clear he was a world-class hit man, an extremely proficient killer.

“A lot of these guys on the street are a lot of talk,” Piastro says. “But this guy [Barron], he was for real. He was truly dangerous.”

Piastro's office is small and tidy. After years policing the streets and high-level, undercover dealing in places like Southeast San Diego, he's still acclimating to the indoors and to PR duties that generate far less adrenaline. He pops in a CD and pictures of cholos-Hispanic gang members-dance across the computer screen. They look proud and happy-intimidating in the manner of groups of men in their late teens and early 20s.

This is the way it happens, Piastro says, pointing to a gaggle of gangsters who don't know they're being photographed. They stand silently in front of a graffiti-littered market with no apparent purpose.

“Knucklehead, knucklehead, knucklehead,” he starts down the row. “These aren't hardcore guys, they're followers. Knucklehead, knucklehead, knucklehead-then there's this guy.”

He points to an older man who stands in the center of the disorganized non-activity.

“This guy's one of the leaders-he's an older guy. He's what they call an OG [original gangster],” Piastro says. “In most of these smaller groups, there are only a few hardcore guys, guys who've been to prison, guys who are violent.”

The pictures whirl away in a kaleidoscope of gang tattoos, menacing stares and Chicano Park visages. And then there he is, resting peacefully against a brick parapet at a four-way stop in a residential neighborhood in Tijuana-there is David Barron.

In his book The Cartel: The Arellano-Felix: The Most Powerful Mafia in the History of Latin America, Jesus J. Blancornelas, the hard-hitting founding co-editor of the Tijuana weekly ZETA, describes a distinguishing incident in Barron's career, a famous 1992 shootout in Puerta Vallarta's Christine nightclub.

As Blancornelas tells it, Ramon Arellano-Felix, well known in Mexican club circles, rolled into the nightspot with his entourage. In addition to his personal bodyguards, he was escorted by a retinue of paid-off Baja California policemen. The club date was originally set as a rendezvous between Ramon, his brother-cartel leader Benjamin-and another major drug trafficker. Benjamin opted out of the high-level get-together when the other kingpin cancelled, ostensibly for business reasons. What nobody knew was that the meeting was set up as an ambush-the other kingpin was determined to assassinate Ramon.

Barron was armed when they entered, as was every man in his team; he carried a 12-gauge shotgun under his jacket. When a group of men entered-the unrecognized security force of the other Mafioso-Barron unwittingly taunted them with insults. Instinct or a street-imbued sixth sense took root, however, and he sensed something was amiss. Without provocation or a seeming reason, he ordered Ramon into the bathroom. Then he turned, blasted and, as Blancornelas describes it, sent two men to meet their creator.

The shots set the ambush into motion and a full-bore gunfight broke out. Several Baja policemen fell immediately. Barron made his way to the bathroom, where several others were kicking out a grating to escape. One of the perpetrators reached them and took a bead on Ramon in the bathroom. They guy hesitated, but Barron didn't. Half a dozen men died in the incident, while Ramon Arellano-Felix left without a scratch. Barron, 12-gauge in hand, walked away on the cusp of myth and legend.

And now here he is on a DEA computer screen, resting on that parapet, bundled in a neoprene jacket. The bulletproof vest-standard cartel garb-is invisible beneath his pullover.

The scene is a requiem of quiet and stillness, save for dark blood spilling over the curb and pooling in the street. To the right side of the screen is the red Ford Explorer that carried Blancornelas and his bodyguard. It's riddled with 141 bullet holes-four of which found, but didn't kill, the editor. His friend and protector died instantly.

Fate's a fickle thing and nobody understands this better than Blancornelas. It looked for all the world like it would be him who died on that overcast day in 1997. Then, for some mysterious reason that only Barron and his finely tuned instincts could make sense of, an errant bullet from an AK-47 fired by one of his team ricocheted off the pavement and tore through Barron's brain, directly through the left eye.

But legends never die in Barrio Logan.

Everybody in the neighborhood knows about the cartel, the money and the power-the prestige. All people have an instinctual sense of pride, an atavistic desire to possess and be proud of what is possessed. “El CH” started from nothing and achieved power, fame and riches. He's been in the ground for seven years, and still his name is whispered with sideways glances and hushed voices.

Shannon White and David Barron are but two names etched onto the ledger of San Diego's gang-banger history. And though their radically different stories are symbolic of paths taken by many on the streets, White's story is far more common. National statistics show gang members to be overwhelmingly male (though female gangs and gang members are increasing), between the ages of 15 and 25 and unemployed. Gang-bangers who make it into the major leagues of organized crime are rare-which makes San Diego's gang story unique. The Arellano-Felix Organization (AFO) has, for more than a decade, relied on Barrio Logan as a dependable recruitment pool for assassins and kidnappers.

Gangs in San Diego have scattered to all parts, colors and creeds, says San Diego Police Department (SDPD) Assistant Chief Lou Scanlon. While a long tradition of Blood/Crip gang involvement transmigrated to San Diego decades ago in the black community-and Latino gangs are a part of the city's legacy-Scanlon points to a rising Asian gang presence, the existence of white-supremacist groups (particularly in East County) and even activity in the suburbs. Aided by the media, gangs have become ubiquitous.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » November 17th, 2009, 12:28 am

perongregory wrote:wrong, blacks are doing them like always mixing in some of other people culture like everybody in America does. You never addressed my big post that rectified your fallacies. In fact it's Mexicans and Asians that I see copying white people so much, punks, hip hoppers, taggers, metalheads, hipsters, skaters all that shit. Some blacks do that but the majority of blacks follow their own culture.

I AGREE. Alot of MExicans have gone skater and goth and punk, give it time they always come home perongregory...........ELA chicano gangs didnt last a 100 years to die out in 2009. Mexican kids are just kinda tired of the gang life and looking for other ways to express theselves without getting killed. And I can understand that. You may think I am blinded by chauvinism by by and large you are 100% correct in your analysis. I dont have the reasons just to say that the things above are fashionable rigth now ,just like long hair, bell bottoms and collared,flowered shirts were when the EME was getting their pics took in the 60s....remeber that picture? How do I post pics in this Bitch

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 17th, 2009, 12:29 am

Oh so chicano gangs are on the level of the Yakuza (which is still around), the russian mob, and the triads and tongs who are way more organized and have existed for hundreds of years like the Yakuza? Being a hit man for an organized crime group doesn't make your past group major, it just means you (you alone are a gang member who is good at violence and are a hitman for a organized crime group). Do you know how many times gangs and gang members have been used as hitman and enforcers by bigger entities throughout history? Were the criminals enforcing order in the concentration camps on the level of the Nazis because they did some of their dirty work?

Stop being bias and blowing up Chicano shit and putting everyone elses shit down, then when someone points out to you Chicanos doing the same thing you accuse other groups of doing you have a million excuses.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 17th, 2009, 12:35 am

mayugastank wrote:
perongregory wrote:wrong, blacks are doing them like always mixing in some of other people culture like everybody in America does. You never addressed my big post that rectified your fallacies. In fact it's Mexicans and Asians that I see copying white people so much, punks, hip hoppers, taggers, metalheads, hipsters, skaters all that shit. Some blacks do that but the majority of blacks follow their own culture.

I AGREE. Alot of MExicans have gone skater and goth and punk, give it time they always come home perongregory...........ELA chicano gangs didnt last a 100 years to die out in 2009. Mexican kids are just kinda tired of the gang life and looking for other ways to express theselves without getting killed. And I can understand that. You may think I am blinded by chauvinism by by and large you are 100% correct in your analysis. I dont have the reasons just to say that the things above are fashionable rigth now ,just like long hair, bell bottoms and collared,flowered shirts were when the EME was getting their pics took in the 60s....remeber that picture? How do I post pics in this Bitch

press the IMG button and paste the image address in between the or whatever.

Who are the Americans that have been here from the beginning or for a long enough time to make their own American culture: The white, the black, the Mexican, the Chinese, the Puerto Rican, the NA. All of these groups culture is just a mixing and dicing of each others cultures. How does an ELA Chicano compare to a Mayan in Chiapas? How does a Black Chicagoan compare to a Mende in Mali? etc. There's something distinctly American about these groups, and since the only original Americans on this land are NA (and we know how they got fucked), we can deduce that it was the ingrained culture of these distinct american types mixed with the cultures of other immigrants to this country that formed the creolized culture of the white, Black, and various latino Americans we see today. That's all I want you to acknowledge.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » November 17th, 2009, 2:30 am

perongregory wrote:Some blacks do that but the majority of blacks follow their own culture.
This is the way I see it, although Blacks may borrow some aspects or by influenced by certain things from other cultures for the most part they seem to stick to their own thing more so then any other americanized people.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » November 17th, 2009, 3:03 am

You know what Mayuga,

I don't necessary agree with a lot of what you've said but sometimes you're right and other times you make it interesting, for whatever it's worth. thought I'd mention that, just too lazy to get into any detailed replies with you dudes on this thread at the moment but will be watching ;)

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » November 17th, 2009, 1:48 pm

OUTSIDE OF THE MAFIA NO ONE HAS CONTRIBUTED AS MUCH.......YES I STAND BY THAT STATEMENT. Chitown and Nyc and Philly are you seriously saying they arent emulating the italian mafia?simply click on any of those east coast rappers to see their names...GOTTI, GAMBINO, LUCKY, CAPONE

Street gang culture in NY and Philly isn't based on the mafia. You obviously know nothing about gangs from that part of the country. Traditional street gangs in the North Eastern US were based on the fighting/rumble type of gang which I guess you could trace back to the original Irish gang. Gangs with distinctive names like Black Spades, Corsair Lords that often rep via gang jackets - That's traditional east coast gang culture. In the 80's that type of gang died out in favor of drug gangs and in the 90's you had outsider gangs like LK, Neta and Bloods popping up in NY and Philly and that was pretty much the end of the traditional east coast style gang.

....the other day I saw a video of JayZ and in the background, were meyer lanksky, lucky luciano, carlo gambino and john gotti, al capone. Of course you cant be serious to deny such a clear cut case of emulation......or are you ? The style of dress worn by PUFFY? is that not authentically italian american gangster? The slang ---lyrics and artistry of MUCH OF east coast black culture is enthused with italian american culture and italian american history....look at some of the names of recent albums, THE COMMISSION, THE FAMILY, DOGGFATHER...etc etc.

There's nothing "authentic" about an Italian American gangster. By definition an Italian American gangster isn't authentic. Have you ever seen pictures of Mafiosi from Sicily? - Lame eurotrash, dumpy looking, oily white guys. The slick Italian American gangster image is a product of the U.S. where different groups mix and mingle, borrow from other groups even if the don't even LIKE the other group.

Italians weren't the first gangsters in NY. There were Irish and Jewish gangsters before them. The Italian mafiosi in the US dropped the old world "mustachio Pete" mafioso image in favor of the tough talking NY street thug image created by Irish and Jews. THAT'S the origin of the stereotypical wise guy type you see in the mob movies. Saying Italians invented that image is as mixed up as saying ELA cHicano invented gangster rap

Most biker gangs aren't even in California. They aren't chicanos and they aren't AB affiliated. The biggest and oldest biker gang is the Outlaws MC which started in Chicago back in the 1930's and is the dominant club in the MidWest and South. Biker culture is pretty white IMO. It seems based on a working class/poor white image of toughness - like wild west outlaws crossed with barbarians/vikings or something. I don't see much chicano influence in them. Yeah, a few gangs have names like the Vagos or the Bandidos but the dirty biker image is about as far from the meticulous clean cut cholo/pachuco image as you can get.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » November 17th, 2009, 2:43 pm

JUST LIKE WHITES SAYING EVERY GREAT CULTURE WAS STARTED BY THEM>>>>dont go there! Just because I have some racial pride and know what the truth is doesnt mean I am racist. Unlike you , I aint trying to make friends by selling out my people, I just imagine what youd be like outside of cyberspace.

I'm not selling out my people, I'm just not buying your ethnocentric arguments/fantasies about Chicanos being the creators of modern street culture. Outside of cyberspace I back up my stuff. If a white or black comes on racist to me I'll call them out on it. If somebody puts down Chicano or Mexican people, I'll stand up to them EVERYTIME. I'm just trying to stay honest about this issue.

Should I relinquish every piece of history that ELA chicanos have created? the sould and heart of this thing is ELA all day. How could another culture get the same tattoo work as we do and consider themselves anything but an EMULATOR, POSER or ELA afficionado?? I guess if I get some dred locks or rock some SHAWN JOHN or braid my hair , I could still be authentically mexican so long as I dont sag the gear or only let my dred locks grow under the required length for a rasta or braid my hair to the south to represent MEXICO. PLEASE my ninja, blacks are doing just that.

Modern day tattoo art is pretty much a grab bag of everything. Traditional cholo style ink is a big influence but so is tribal tattoos (polynesian, Celtic, Asian) old style sailor/military type tattoos and imagery taken from popular culture. Most hipster white people seem to have these Celtic arm band looking tattoos or little flowers and butterflies right above the ass - is that cholo? Black people often have brands, which is kind of unique to them. I see people of all races with Asian letters on their arms.