hardcore/punk gangs/crews

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

hardcore/punk gangs/crews

Unread post by andrew » June 12th, 2009, 1:50 am

i posted in hispanic because most crews have many latino members...or lots of raza knows plenty of them....id rather get our point of view on them theen hear it from some of them themselves because i hate them exaggerating numbers and bodies.....i been just about everywhere.....not interested in discussing war,hammerskins or any "movement" type of organization

i remember the 80...the few times i went to la......fff,lmp,lads and of course the suis any of these guys still around reppin like they used to? i read here sos bang crip now..or at least all the younger ones....i remember them banging strictly sui....in fact they were the long beach suis werent they? how does that new hc crew GAMC fit in? mickey mouse club or bash boys still around?

then the early 90s ....NYC had dms.....they were almost the east coast version of the suis....alleyway crew and later IDS.......im sure im forgetting some
they always seemed like they all kicked together on the east coast instead of warring with eachother like suis and familia...kinda weird they werent really rivals

boston area....fsu......know a few of them....they have chapters just about everywhere now....and they work as if an fsu from maine moves to boston he has instant friends and shit...........

florida....colorblind crew, i think some crew called strugglecrew were around late 90s.....and of course a dms chapter

and in minneapolis there was that war between the MOBskins and the baldies....as well as both crews against any nazi faction

i dont think any of them crews were much of a gang (cali punk gangs excluded maybe dms) and out east they prospect fools on......i know suis and circle one and lads used to beat them on

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: hardcore/punk gangs/crews

Unread post by Silencioso » June 12th, 2009, 12:27 pm

i posted in hispanic because most crews have many latino members...or lots of raza knows plenty of them....id rather get our point of view on them theen hear it from some of them themselves because i hate them exaggerating numbers and bodies.....i been just about everywhere.....not interested in discussing war,hammerskins or any "movement" type of organization

THE PUNK GANG SCENE WAS MOSTLY WHITE, ABOUT 80% OR SO. THE LATINOS INVOLVED WERE MOSTLY AMERICANIZED MIDDLE CLASS CHICANOS.

i remember the 80...the few times i went to la......fff,lmp,lads and of course the suis any of these guys still around reppin like they used to? i read here sos bang crip now..or at least all the younger ones....i remember them banging strictly sui....in fact they were the long beach suis werent they? how does that new hc crew GAMC fit in? mickey mouse club or bash boys still around?

LADS AND SUI MIGHT STILL BE AROUND IN SOME FORM. BASH BOYS ARE STILL AROUND. LMP IS DEFINATELY STILL AROUND, ALTHOUGH NO LONGER REALLY PUNK.

then the early 90s ....NYC had dms.....they were almost the east coast version of the suis....alleyway crew and later IDS.......im sure im forgetting some
they always seemed like they all kicked together on the east coast instead of warring with eachother like suis and familia...kinda weird they werent really rivals

boston area....fsu......know a few of them....they have chapters just about everywhere now....and they work as if an fsu from maine moves to boston he has instant friends and shit...........

florida....colorblind crew, i think some crew called strugglecrew were around late 90s.....and of course a dms chapter

and in minneapolis there was that war between the MOBskins and the baldies....as well as both crews against any nazi faction

i dont think any of them crews were much of a gang (cali punk gangs excluded maybe dms) and out east they prospect fools on......i know suis and circle one and lads used to beat them on

JUMPING IN BECAME THE NORM IN THE MID 80'S FOR L.A. PUNK GANGS. THAT'S WHEN THE SCENE AS A WHOLE BECAME MORE ABOUT GANGS AND LESS ABOUT PUNK ROCK/HC.

L.A. PUNK GANGS DIFFERED FROM EAST COAST HC AND SKIN CREWS IN THAT L.A. PUNKS WERE INFLUENCED BY THE LARGER L.A. GANG CULTURE. THEY USED GANG GRAFFITI, THEY INCORPORATED ELEMENTS OF THE CHOLO DRESS STYLE, SOME PEOPLE HAD TRADITIONAL CHOLO NICKNAMES LIKE PUPPET, JOKER ETC. NY CREWS DON'T SEEM CONNECTED TO THE NY GANG SCENE AT ALL. THEY'RE JUST IN THE THERE OWN LITTLE SCENE. SAME WITH CHICAGO PUNKS AND SKINS, BAY AREA, BOSTON ETC.

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » June 12th, 2009, 2:38 pm

yeah.....i noticed something though.....while the scene in general is made up of mostly whites....all the crews (racist skin groups excluded) seem to have lots of raza in the west and puerto ricans in the east

i think the mobskins and baldies went at it gang style....but i dont think they fit anywhere in the gang scene

who are the gamc in l.a.?

ever hear of countime? pretty good shit.....donnybrook is from la area too check em out if you ever can

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » July 6th, 2009, 10:23 pm

ilenciaoso....just like the courage crew...i remember them mid-late 90s.....they used to rat pack other hc kids.... i really doubt they would ever mix it up with a real gang but im not even sure there are gangs in dayton ohio

one life crew were some big mofos but i think they were the same, beat up all thier fellow hc kids (cleveland)

but monster crew in salt lake.....damn rich kids used to attack ANYBODY....i remember a few crews from salt lake....monster crew being the most notorious....and the LOD...not to forget a little crew called the venom crew.......they were the rich "east side" kids.......i dont know any of the not so rich west side sxe kids having any crews....im sure they did but nothing known outside thier city

i know it was some east side kids involved in the bernardo repreza killing and multiple assaults

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » July 15th, 2009, 2:29 am

check it out silencioso

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FGAcyeuOmkI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FGAcyeuOmkI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ridincitiesforever
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Monterey Park

Unread post by ridincitiesforever » July 16th, 2009, 1:03 am

my friend's friend was from a punk crew called Flurry Play Bunnys. Maybe a funny name but heard a lot of them from the click were down, they are based out of Montebello.

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » August 10th, 2009, 5:37 pm

the only ones i heard of in la are the GAMC and i heard monster crew and courage crew both have a cali chapter

anocrew mber is the colder than you crew CTYC out of detroit

ridincitiesforever
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Monterey Park

Unread post by ridincitiesforever » August 17th, 2009, 9:14 pm

also knew another one around the eastside called the alley cats.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » November 9th, 2009, 12:11 pm

The only "sui" set that I know of to be still active is LB 15st Suisidal Town, and they're not punks anymore but crips instead, under the umbrella of SoS. This isn't all that surprising though because, unlike most of the other sui sets which were mainly White/Mexican, LB Suis were mainly Samoan and Laotian with a few whites and chicanos in the ranks.
Fullerton Suicidals got absorbed into Tokers Townx3 and I'm not exactly sure what happened to Venice Suicidals, if they are not around I'd venture to *guess* that most banged back and/or the chicano's got absorbed into V13. That's the only trend I noticed to Punk and Stoner gangs over the years, they either became Sureno sets like a lot of the Stoner sets did or sorta fell apart as time passed with some of the Mexican members getting absorbed into the local Sureno gang.

19DAGO04
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: 1904

Unread post by 19DAGO04 » February 23rd, 2010, 11:40 pm

Dago had:

East Side Skin Heads -ESSH- (non racist punker skins)
Pacific Beach Vermin -PBV- (mostly surfer/stoner-but had some punx)
Chula Vista American Bomber Boys -CVABB-
Oceanside Suicidals
East San Diego Suicidals (some were in ESDX3!)
End Of Palm Locos -EOP- (punkers in Varrio Del Sol's hood)

some Straight Edge crews (but NOT gang like):
Chula Vista Hardcore -CVHC-
Chula Vista Lench Mob -CVLM-
Chula Vista Glue Crew -CVGC-
San Diego Hardcore -SDHC- AKA Slow Death Hardcore
East County Brotherhood -ECBH-
Oceanside Hardcore -OSHC-

I want to stress that about the SD Straight Edge Scene...not gang-like at all, more of a surrogate family type group. A lot of people want to lump SD Straight Edgers in with gangs. Maybe because the hardcore scenes in other places have gang-like SE crews.??

19DAGO04
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 19DAGO04 » February 23rd, 2010, 11:49 pm

Silencioso wrote:
L.A. PUNK GANGS DIFFERED FROM EAST COAST HC AND SKIN CREWS IN THAT L.A. PUNKS WERE INFLUENCED BY THE LARGER L.A. GANG CULTURE. THEY USED GANG GRAFFITI, THEY INCORPORATED ELEMENTS OF THE CHOLO DRESS STYLE, SOME PEOPLE HAD TRADITIONAL CHOLO NICKNAMES LIKE PUPPET, JOKER ETC. NY CREWS DON'T SEEM CONNECTED TO THE NY GANG SCENE AT ALL. THEY'RE JUST IN THE THERE OWN LITTLE SCENE. SAME WITH CHICAGO PUNKS AND SKINS, BAY AREA, BOSTON ETC.

That reminds me of a few of us from SD. Some of us from the low income areas of Chula Vista , National City, and SD used to tag up cholo style, since there were gangs in our hoods. I guess their wrighting style influenced us. The others from the better parts of CV and SD hardly tagged, or if they did they would just hitup like they normally wrote. The cholo names and dress went out with the Suicidal era though.

19DAGO04
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 19DAGO04 » February 23rd, 2010, 11:57 pm

andrew wrote:ilenciaoso....just like the courage crew...i remember them mid-late 90s.....they used to rat pack other hc kids.... i really doubt they would ever mix it up with a real gang but im not even sure there are gangs in dayton ohio

one life crew were some big mofos but i think they were the same, beat up all thier fellow hc kids (cleveland)

but monster crew in salt lake.....damn rich kids used to attack ANYBODY....i remember a few crews from salt lake....monster crew being the most notorious....and the LOD...not to forget a little crew called the venom crew.......they were the rich "east side" kids.......i dont know any of the not so rich west side sxe kids having any crews....im sure they did but nothing known outside thier city

i know it was some east side kids involved in the bernardo repreza killing and multiple assaults
One life Crew...I remember that they were big MF's! I seemed like they used to only pick on little HXC kids, and there was always shit going down at there shows. Wasn't most of the Cleave metalcore scene involved with that crew...brings up memories of Integrity.... And what's up with all those rumors about the Cleave HXC kids being racist? Is that true? Or just some old fashioned scene drama? Heard Dwid got jumped in Portland by some SHARPies.

Monster Crew...those fools were also in Orange County. All rich wanna b gangsters. I got out of the scene by then. Always wanted those fools to see what a real gang life was about. they used to jump little screamo kids at SD shows-but they would rank it when a real threat would pop up.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » March 25th, 2010, 1:57 pm

I ran across an old article on gangs in OC and they list the following punk and skin gangs.

Crank
Huntington Beach HardCore
The League
S/S LADS
NWOC Skins
La Habra Skins
Gestapo
Blitzkrieg
The Clan

I've heard of all those except Crank (listed as being from Santa Ana) and the Clan. There was an early hardcore band called the Clan based out of Huntington Beach. Maybe there's a connection.

Hamburger
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Unread post by Hamburger » April 29th, 2010, 3:53 pm

I HEARD OF LA MIRADA PUNKS (LMP) MOST OF THEM ARE WHITE BOYS BUT THERE IS SOME CHICANOS IN THAT GANG AND SOME OF THOSE CHICANOS FROM LMP RUN WHITT THE SOUTHSIDERS WHERE THERE LOCKED UP. I MET A FEW CATS FROM LMP THEY'RE PRETTY CHILL THEYRE JUST ALL ABOUT THEIR MONEY. I MET A FEW OF THEM THAT LIVE IN NICE HOUSES LIKE 2 STORY PADS BUT THEYRE ALL INTO THAT METH MOST OF THEM ARE.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » April 30th, 2010, 9:00 am

Hamburger wrote:I HEARD OF LA MIRADA PUNKS (LMP) MOST OF THEM ARE WHITE BOYS BUT THERE IS SOME CHICANOS IN THAT GANG AND SOME OF THOSE CHICANOS FROM LMP RUN WHITT THE SOUTHSIDERS WHERE THERE LOCKED UP. I MET A FEW CATS FROM LMP THEY'RE PRETTY CHILL THEYRE JUST ALL ABOUT THEIR MONEY. I MET A FEW OF THEM THAT LIVE IN NICE HOUSES LIKE 2 STORY PADS BUT THEYRE ALL INTO THAT METH MOST OF THEM ARE.
Yep, they've been around for a minute, mid 80s, they use to kick it with Norwalk Insane Punks(NIP), which was another typical LA county punk "gang", mostly whites with a hispanics, I don't think NIP is around anymore though, those fools gotta be in their late 30s/early 40s by now.

scrub1819
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Unread post by scrub1819 » July 19th, 2010, 1:36 pm

got a question..
was there ever a crew called SDSH/San Diego SkinHeads.. ran around between University Heights, North Park, Eastside, La Mesa..
or am i thinking of Eastside SkinHeads..?
because ive heard of SDSH multiple times before, among my parents and their friends.. they were part of that scene..

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » November 20th, 2011, 12:19 pm

i guess cali got some crew called gamc......minor league???

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Bochum

Unread post by HungryWolf » April 14th, 2012, 6:16 am

Man, that's a pretty interesting thread. Hardcore is what I am into, especially Eastcoast like Danny Diablo, Skarhead, BfB and stuff. You know, White Trash Hardcore Rock'n'Roll F@#k you!?

So, what up with that sui gangs. Don't know nothing about them. Could anyone explain? THX!

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » June 18th, 2013, 10:57 am

im on a messageboard with some professor.........he was a sui out of texas back in the 80s........he said that in the mid 80s someone from venice started a sui set there and it got huge

istekse818
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: san fernando

Unread post by istekse818 » August 28th, 2013, 11:08 am

Ssp csp were big in the 818

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » December 15th, 2013, 1:16 pm

i remember reading about FFF over 20yrs ago in rolling stone.......and i saw a video a few years ago on youtube of a suicidal show and a bunch of old ass sui's in their mid-40s were dropping people on the dancefloor hahaha

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » December 15th, 2013, 2:15 pm

i remember reading about FFF over 20yrs ago in rolling stone.......and i saw a video a few years ago on youtube of a suicidal show and a bunch of old ass sui's in their mid-40s were dropping people on the dancefloor hahaha

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: C_ArSoN

Unread post by Adobo » December 15th, 2013, 2:51 pm

Where would you place ALF??

Animal liberation front... I know it's kind of crazy to think of them as a 'gang/crew' but they fit the criteria...violence, identity, etc...

Plus they are worldwide, making noise all over...

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » December 15th, 2013, 10:40 pm

alf is definately NOT a gang!!!!

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: C_ArSoN

Unread post by Adobo » December 15th, 2013, 10:58 pm

The definition of a gang is an organized group of criminals.

ALF fits the criteria. You think go 'gangs' as cholos or Bs n Cs. ALF, motorcycle clubs, posses, crews, etc any group that comes together to commit crime is a gang... 8)

madseason23
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Oklahoma
What city do you live in now?: klan town

Unread post by madseason23 » June 3rd, 2015, 10:19 pm

U.S.A.-- UNDERGROUND SKINHEAD ACTION P.W.F.--PURE WHITE FAMILY C.W.K.--CREATIVE WHITE KINGS C.W.B -- CRAZY WHITE BOYS W.H.S.--WESTERN HAMMER SKINS N.L.R.--NAZI LOW RIDERS P.P.W--PALMDALE PECKERWOODS L.M.M.--LANCASTER METAL MINDS A.V.--NAZI YOUTH D.M.C. DEADLY MINDED PUNX A.F.-- AMERICAN FRONT T.S.S.--TRI STATE SKINS F.T.W.-- FOR THE WHITE

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » September 2nd, 2015, 9:14 am

is that all in oklahoma?

i hadnt seen american front or hammerskins in 20yrs...........and nlr isnt necessarily a hardcore gang

what you all think of that SOSF vs FSU beef?

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”