documentary im tryin ta make

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » June 6th, 2007, 10:43 pm

YO YOUNG DEUCE THATS A REAL COOL PROJECT YOU WORKING ON , GOOD LUCK WITH THAT , THE HISTORY OF " BLACK GANGS " OF YOUR STATE IS A HOT TOPIC , SINCE ITS POPULAR TO OTHER PEOPLE , SHOULD MAKE YOU SOME PAPER BROTHA. GOOD LUCK

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » June 7th, 2007, 8:38 am

Mcminister wrote:well i have lived here fo long enuogh to kno wht middle class , low class n upper class look like in an american standard, ur rite u cant really judge by lookin at they clothe, but also most brotha'z in the ghetto take pics with mean mugs wen they throwin gang signs n these youngins are all smiley n throwin up signs ....i ain tryna hate or anything ,or say they ain real or nothin .
i spend alot of time doin nothin n i alawys envision makin movies, i like wachu doin
i wana make a hoodTV series show thing 2 ,
and a documentary like New Orleans Xposed for Soweto
i mean i feel u if u think they look middle class kuz the poor in the US probably aint even as bad as yall middle class( as in africans)....

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » June 7th, 2007, 8:52 am

i also figured since they young it aint hit them hard yet..here go some picz of some G'z in my hood...( the order in st.louis is lil Gz Young Gz G and OGz)....

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » June 7th, 2007, 9:15 am

LOL i had ta put these on here kuz in the doc imma cover about how got into it here go some picz ofmy early bangin yearz...i was like 13 or 14....

i wuzz a young banga my early dayz u couldn't catch me without somthin red or orange on....but as i got olda that shit aint really fasin me no mo and in 08 imma be in college....so i love the hood and i still put down it if need be but im tryin ta betta myself now and show niggaz that u can still be from the block and make somthin of yoself......

mr. chill
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr. chill » June 7th, 2007, 9:35 am

good luck on the documentary, u should try to put together a trailer 1st so u can show a preview to people like on youtube and shit, and then make a full length documentary

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 7th, 2007, 5:41 pm

Young Deuce wrote:LOL i had ta put these on here kuz in the doc imma cover about how got into it here go some picz ofmy early bangin yearz...i was like 13 or 14....

i wuzz a young banga my early dayz u couldn't catch me without somthin red or orange on....but as i got olda that shit aint really fasin me no mo and in 08 imma be in college....so i love the hood and i still put down it if need be but im tryin ta betta myself now and show niggaz that u can still be from the block and make somthin of yoself......
do yo thang deuce.

Redrag52
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Redrag52 » June 9th, 2007, 10:54 am

you look like a good kid stay in school , college is where its at , some of us done fuked our life up in these streets with records.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » June 9th, 2007, 2:25 pm

Mound City the Gateway to the West has seen it share post WWII following white flight after desegregation. Currently St Louis has one of the highest per-capita crime rates in the United States and according to FBI statistics ranked third in 2005 in the country's highest murder rates for cities above 250,000. The question I have is what's being done to change this situation.

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » June 22nd, 2007, 5:09 am

well what they say what gonna be done is different than whats really goin on.....

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » June 22nd, 2007, 5:19 am

WIP wrote:Keep it up Duece. Anybody whos ever lived or visited STL knows it aint no joke. From Ice Cube to DJ Quik. Ill be in U City in August. Eat some Chop Suey and lay low on Delmar or mess around on the east side.
speakin of they chop suey u need ta gon head a get u a St. Paul sandwich (they only make them in the Lou)....

Trav
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: the Bottom

Unread post by Trav » June 22nd, 2007, 4:36 pm

Duece i like what you tryin to do. Its always gonna be critics,thats when you know you movin in the right direction.

But as for people coping Gangbangin from L.A. let them kill themselves if they want. They seen the genocide it is in la,and if they want to do it too go ahead life goes on.

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » June 22nd, 2007, 7:17 pm

i like documentaries but they be negative all the time.....so afta this project im still workin on the comedy screenplay i was tellin yall about a few months earlier i really wanna focus on that tho....

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » June 23rd, 2007, 11:23 am

duece good luck & much success with ya project dog

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » July 11th, 2007, 10:48 pm

NICKELS wrote:YO YOUNG DEUCE THATS A REAL COOL PROJECT YOU WORKING ON , GOOD LUCK WITH THAT , THE HISTORY OF " BLACK GANGS " OF YOUR STATE IS A HOT TOPIC , SINCE ITS POPULAR TO OTHER PEOPLE , SHOULD MAKE YOU SOME PAPER BROTHA. GOOD LUCK
i wuzz thinkin bout expandin to hispanic, asian,and other gangs in the city to(even tho its not alot of em).....aww yeah i wuzz lookin at some topic earlier and i ran across this pic.....

whos set is this???

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » July 11th, 2007, 11:32 pm

....LOL , FROM WHAT I READ IN THE OTHER SECTION THATS THE " WABS GANG "......I NEVER HEARD OF THEM BEFORE , SOME NEW WAVE GANG , THE SHIRTS BUGG ME OUT THOUGH ,....

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » July 12th, 2007, 12:20 am

thats the homie blakk set????i heard some niggaz got him banned....but knowin pictures i cant judge his set....

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » July 12th, 2007, 7:58 pm

well from my research so far the black gangs ive found so far are

Bloods:

9 Deuce Bishops (the dominant blood gang in st.louis)
62 Brims
VNG Brims
Bounty Hunnaz
Treetop Piru

Crips:

Rollin 60z
62 Kitchen
87 Kitchen
83 Hoover
1-9 Hoover
107 Hoover
Opac

others:

GDz

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » July 12th, 2007, 8:35 pm

i gotta question do LA Kitchenz wer the KC hats like they do here

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 13th, 2007, 1:55 pm

ya

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » September 1st, 2007, 5:06 am

i found out that OPAC stands fa o fallon park area crips but i know hoods outside that area that claim it......

i also did research on a hood called the grape ( named after grape st. watts) in st louis....they wear purple like the orginal but i helieve this hood is the first i found to be a hood copying instead of migration because of a big contridiction.....alot of because in the grape claim rollin 60s crip....which wood make their colors purple,blue, and gold(or yellow)....most just wear purple and gold.....alot of people told me they started out as just grape st. crips then the whole 60 vs kitchen thing broke out and alot of the hood that beef with them were kitchen so they alligned themselves wt the rollin 60s.......

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » September 1st, 2007, 5:08 am

im still doin research on this and im workin on otha things plus i got school and my music so i dont kno when im gonna finish this......

mobbhead
What city do you live in now?: st.louis

Re:

Unread post by mobbhead » December 9th, 2008, 6:44 pm

Young Deuce wrote:here is a hood called 58 pershing it is bloodz....

yea we smashed them boyz

mobbhead

Re: soft

Unread post by mobbhead » December 9th, 2008, 6:46 pm

Young Deuce wrote:here is a hood called 58 pershing it is bloodz....

yea we hurt them lil guyz

42uceKCMonster
What city do you live in now?: St.Louis

Re: documentary im tryin ta make

Unread post by 42uceKCMonster » January 27th, 2009, 6:44 pm

aye Deuce Bruh Is you from the Ville. because that pic of them Kitchen Crips you have are my guys

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » February 3rd, 2009, 4:12 pm

yeah 42 A.M.G....

dizzystylez
What city do you live in now?: gresham

Unread post by dizzystylez » March 2nd, 2009, 11:02 am

aye yo deuce i respect the shit that you tellin, you be keepin it real and i feel ya on the fact that you trynn abetta ya self that real talk pimp yadidamean i come from the bay where theres a grip of surenos and northeno bloods, crips you name their there. know im back in teh hood in gresham oregon big turf for bloodz and cripz. the main taggings i see around teh town are

UBN( united blood nation)
GD folks(dont rememeber what the gd stands for)
sur x3
and know we have a new uprising gang
no nam eyet but all they do is tag up swaztikas and shit. i can live with all the others but it sickens me to know theirs a skinhead crew stompin my streets.

but yeah whateva thats a complete differant thing. i mainly wanted to give you props on what your doin. at least someone else on this planet is intelligent and knows that you can still be hood and from teh block yet be something at teh same time!

people gotta remember teh hood/block thats in your heart but you dont hav eto act upon that shit 24/7. theres a time to be serious and handle what needs to be handled then theres teh time to let loose and rep your set but they both have they times and you'll know when its time for either one! you on teh other hand have realized this!

stay up pimpin

soo woo!

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » September 15th, 2009, 11:39 pm

u still workin on this deuce

sickntwisted
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sickntwisted » November 24th, 2009, 3:14 pm

Report this postReply with quoteby Noog on Mon May 14, 2007 4:02 am

I'm not knocking St Louis at all here, just feeling kind of suprised - I'm not suprised about St Lois having gangs, nah, standard in todays world in a biggish city seen - but suprised by the c and b thing still. Even as a way outsider, I could see how those peeps weren't hard-core like many LA clicks. Thats not to say those parts dont have their ish, sure they will, but its still a shame to see so many healthy looking kids tryin to get mobbed up like that - to me those pics lookd more like social club than hard core gang thing and would be better that wayu. Seems a damn shame.

they look like they taking vacation picks on a nice cool island them niggaz need to knock that BS out and try to help eatch other make something in their life that b -c ain't shit never been its death for BS you could seen it in any hood in l.a.the o.g will tell you it's nonsense and how do you have og how long they be in their gang???

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » April 17th, 2010, 8:22 pm

naw peron i stopped workin on the shit when i found out how much backwards shit our gangs is with LA.....like ECC and Kitchen crips click up n dont fuck with no other crip gangs...6o's and hoovers click up....kitchens and ecc known to fuck with bloods....grapes in st louis claim rollin 60....its alotta BS....

TuriG
If in the United States: Mississippi
What city do you live in now?: Fort Leonard Wood

Unread post by TuriG » June 14th, 2010, 12:31 pm

What a shame. Sure was interesting what the young man was doing. It really sounded lie a great project. I hope you haven't lost your enthusiasm. Do something else positive. Good Luck. "G"

cutthroat

Unread post by cutthroat » November 29th, 2010, 1:34 am

Man this is the worst information about gangs in the lou you could possibly get.Check it out Im in my 30s&started bangin in the 80s been a blood colors was just a movie dont belive the hype we was banging before that blood,to understand gangs here you have to know the history&politics behind it its alot deeper than guys copying from la.Im ah make a few points&if you have any questions Ill answer em if you pm me.Im ah break it all down in my own thread but heres some 100% TRUE FACTS from someone who lived it.Before there was bloods&all in the lou there was the westside rockers,the hardy boys&the hell raisers which no longer exsist also there was 55 hsp horseshoe posse ,wells mob .smp,61 plo,b.o.d. etc etc.Now most of these sets are still around&they bang a blood or crip set...reason being TAKE NOTE this is how it all happend Bloods was first in st.louis not even in the city but in the county.Some bloods that was 62 brims came down to sell dope in overland&elmwood&berkley&got a couple guys on there squad.But what really made it all explode in st.louis was a dude named bizmark from la he had some people on the west side on 55 (the shoe) these dudes had been around for years horse shoe posse well bizmark& la freeze triggaallthese guys from cali come down&Like a blood we gone put yall to work selling this dope&this is in the mid 80s 85 86 ,well all these dudes they hungry so they jumped on it now they all horse shoe posse bloods&it spread like wild fire through the west side arlington mob became bloods trigga from cali got wells mob bangin bloods etc etc so they was what they had allways been but was adding blood onto it so like wells mob had allways been wells mob but since trigga was 52 blood stone villan they adopted it 55 shoe got put in the dope game by 92 ifg so they adopted it.At the same time there was a gang on blackstone called bloods of destruction ran by this guy dorcy,dude was bout it well they became boys of destruction after being bloods for a short period because dude aint like the shoe so he fliped it on em & later they became crips.&Dorcy had dudes terrified of him he was later killed by some 62 e.c.c. crips outside of a club.It wasnt over hit man t R.I.P. like some people say.&Hitman t was like dorcy rival My guy Pig from the shoe is the one they brought t to the nite he was killed.Im not gonna go into all dudes history but ask about hitman hes the defenition of st.louis bloods they say he had 30 murders by the time he was 14.So it went like this bloods came from cali with dope they put sets on these sets adopted em,crips came did the same crips came in on the westside slowly but was allover the north side before bloods was even thinking about the north.Well by the time everybody was going hard the shoe looked@these cali guys&was like f yall this my hood we got money now bounce cause they was getting tired of these dudes acting like they ran something...example giving the ice cube song dude mentoined my homie got shot hes a gonner black st.louis ni99az want they corners back!By the time cali guys was gone we was banged out&every block was bangin.&they still hollerd there adopted set the 3 biggest being not 92 bishops...nevert met 1 ever 92 i.f.g.b, 62, brim 104 cmg ,a few 52 bsv few rolling 20s,few t.t.p &kinloch use to be all bounty hunters.Berkley was all 62 brims&the county was lit up by twilight from cali&my dude looney from pine lawn STILL BANGIN GO ASK!&I bs you not the biggest gang was o.b.g. overland blood gang (only a few left)which was about 250 0r more strong &about 90 percent white.Started by sirricco brown R.I.P! Dont belive me go on st.louis post dispatch archives 1993&94 search obi brown his lil brother or sirricco.It says LIKE A PIDE PIPER POLICE SAY SIRRICCO BROWN HAS LED ST.LOUIS YOUTH DOWN A WAYWARD PATH TOWARDS CRIME&VIOLENCE BROWN 18 HAS A SALESMAN MANNER....ETC ETC After the homeboy got killed the gang fell apart So like I said Dope is a mutha#@&*%$ &Now to correct a few points opac started out as offalon park area community&started with the bud then 21 laide which was 19 lbcs&they clicked up.43 gib is NOT the pac in I use to be in that area in the early 90s my dude y.g. out there now.They cool with the pac but they aint pac 62 aint kc there 62 east coast crips 2&7s my dude twetty bird loc R.I.P. is like a legend on n.m.g. north market dude saved me from some 21 adelaide guys when he was like this my guy they bounced true story most the guys from his block could even tell you dude real name its marlon Ill leave the last out.&The 62 colors was blue&brown &the kitchens was blue&orange.&the reason 62s&87s war with 60s here&This is something none of you millenium guys know around 1991 a 60 killed a 62 for a pair of js&its been on ever since&the reason bloods&62s&87s started ridin togather because in the work house (its a jail) there was so many 60s so the bloods&2s&7s both had they same enemy so why not?its strength in numbers.It dont allways work like that I was in the joint one time&we was good with them guys one day not kickin it or nothing but it was peaceful the next day we was all on the yard face to face ready to war.All these new guys dont know the history I remember going out when guys would walk up behind you with a pistol&Lift up youre shirt to see what color flag was in youre pocket remember when you went out with them red shoe strings in youre kicks or any colors you knew you may not be coming home.I remember when You saw another blood you aint know it was love&you was family.Ask about ck wayne who use to ride around with dead crips in his trunk&pull up&pop the trunk&be like this how wayne get down,dude a mo now.Ask bout deuce tone,white side,static beam R.I.P. snake ru R.I.P. dorcy,looney big trigga lil trigga smoke&tone rainbow amg los tweety bird loc freeze etc.These dudes now dont bang they wear these colors for fashion we use to do it playing with our life.DEUCE I aint knocking you homeboy you you young wouldnt know the politics but if you decide to get back into this I can put you intouch with some of the first bloods&a few crips.If you look on youtube los from bulletproof records from A.M.G. got a song&you hear em talking bout bizmark after the song.Write him carlos vaughn he doing life on a murder he know it all he was there since the beginning,check out his old songs on bulletproof anyone was around in the 90s remember the yellow cd?But square business F banging now days in the lou its bout hood it&personal beef aint no unity...anyone who knows anything gangs aint cool dope aint cool.I was 16 tryd as an adult sitting in a mans prison gangbangin b een in 5 times.Bangin aint get me nothin I talked to barley noone I grew up with from my hood they all dead dope fiend out or in the joint.SCHOOL&FAMILY thats wheres its all.Its alot of smart young men who made wrong choices thats burried in back yards&alot of guys doing life for a murder cause they killed somebody over they set that dont even exsist nomore.Lot of good people dead allright Sorry so long&it aint even a tenth of the story.If you wanna make this movie learn about the sets that died out the lou got alot of ghost sets btw only hoovers was ever in st.louis was 107s&83s& all the clicking up you talk about is just strategys that come&go,came&went you.Never heard of no vngs here either.Only 83s was from 45 field MUCH LOVE TO THEY O.G. HI-C&his lil brother from 57 cates mob fook.Yea so st.louis it is what it is.If you aint live it you wouldnt get it.Props deuce for trying to do something with your self.My bad my typing skills blow.Well Stay up blood.

cutthroat

Unread post by cutthroat » November 29th, 2010, 6:23 pm

&my bad I think the gang around the time of the rockers spelling was hadly boys Im ah have to ask.Also I think dude name was spelled dorsey.&they was the first real crip set not the pac.&Dontbelive all the stuff yall see on tv.