Aryan Brotherhood targets Frank Locasio gambino soldier

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Aryan Brotherhood targets Frank Locasio gambino soldier

Unread post by mayugastank » June 18th, 2010, 4:16 pm

GOTTI UNDER FIRE FEDS SAY HE WANTED PAL SLAIN IN PRISON
By JERRY CAPECI and GREG B. SMITH

Wednesday, September 9th 1998, 2:05AM

Imprisoned crime boss John Gotti allegedly ordered the killing of a long-time friend and top adviser after learning the man threatened to murder him.

Federal officials say Gotti put out a contract on Frank (Frankie Locs) Locascio, one-time consigliere of the Gambino crime family, after reading that Locascio wanted to kill Gotti.

The 65-year-old Locascio who was placed in solitary confinement as a result of Gotti's alleged threat insisted he was in no danger and sued prison officials to get out of solitary, court papers reveal.

The inflammatory passage in "Underboss," the tell-all tome by Salvatore (Sammy Bull) Gravano, describes an incident in which Locascio, in prison with Gotti and Gravano in 1991, gave him a stolen orange before offering one to Gotti.

Gotti became furious and loudly belittled Locascio in front of other inmates. Later, Gravano said, a humiliated Locascio tearfully vowed to murder Gotti, stating, "The minute I get out, I'm killing this [expletive]."

Gravano says he and Locascio then made a pact to kill Gotti at a victory party if they ever got out of jail.

"Frankie said, 'Sammy, two things. I'll bring him to the party myself, and I got to be the shooter,' " Gravano says in "Underboss."

According to law enforcement sources and court papers, an infuriated Gotti, who is serving a life sentence in Marion, Ill., reached out last year to the Aryan Brotherhood prison gang to kill Locascio.

Sources said they believe that two members of the white supremacist group were used in 1994 by one of Gotti's associates in a murder-for-hire contract.

At some point, federal prison officials in Marion allegedly caught Gotti complaining about the Locascio passage on video cameras, a source said.

Without identifying Gotti, prison officials said in court papers "a possible 'contract' has been put on [Locascio's] life by his former Mafia associates." Three law enforcement sources confirmed Gotti put out the contract.

The alleged plot against Locascio first surfaced in court papers last month when he filed suit against prison officials to be let out of solitary at the U.S. Medical Center for Federal Prisoners in Springfield, Mo.

In court testimony Aug. 19, James Baker, special investigative agent for the U.S. Bureau of Prisons, confirmed, "I was informed there was a million-dollar wet contract out on [Locascio]."

In prison terms, Baker said, a "wet contract" means "anybody can pick it up. If a nut over in a cellblock somewhere was to do the contract, he would get awarded the money. A wet contract is just open for anyone."

Some sources, however, say Gotti specifically "reached out" to the Aryan Brotherhood.

Baker testified that he contacted an FBI agent in New York on Aug. 7 "to ascertain if the contract, this contract that they had talked about, was valid. He said, yes, in fact it was."

On Aug. 20, Missouri Federal Judge Russell Clark ordered that Locascio be kept in isolation, stating, "The evidence establishes that [Locascio], at 65 years old, may well spend the rest of his life in administrative segregation because of the potential 'contract' on his life."

Gotti's attorney, Bruce Cutler, said yesterday that the alleged death plot was a hoax aimed at keeping Gotti behind bars in Marion while damaging attempts to free his son, John A. (Junior) Gotti, on bail pending racketeering charges.

Locascio's attorney, Scott Leemon, declined to comment while the prison suit was pending.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Aryan Brotherhood targets Frank Locasio gambino soldier

Unread post by mayugastank » June 18th, 2010, 4:19 pm

It seems that quite a few mafia members have been either stabbed,killed( BILLY BATH, a member of Tommy Karates crew) or extorted by prison gangs. The above article says that Frankie Locs has been in protective cutody as a hit was placed on his life.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » June 19th, 2010, 12:00 am

mayugastank wrote:It seems that quite a few mafia members have been either stabbed,killed( BILLY BATH, a member of Tommy Karates crew) or extorted by prison gangs. The above article says that Frankie Locs has been in protective cutody as a hit was placed on his life.
I'd be surprised if one could even name five Mafia members that have been killed or extorted by prison gangs. Contrary to some reports, Gotti wasn't paying the AB for protection. Joey Merlino was paying some Mexican guys while he was in prison in Texas but it wasn't a case of them shaking him down. He simply paid them to watch his back.

As the article said, the threat to Locascio's life came when Gravano wrote about their plot to kill Gotti while the three were in jail awaiting trial. If you have read his book, Gravano talks about how both he and Locascio became increasingly unhappy with Gotti and his behavior. A big reason why they were there to begin with was the hours of tapes the FBI had of Gotti talking about mob business. And as time went on, Gotti became more and more belligerant, even refusing to allow Gravano and Locascio to meet with their lawyers unless his was also present. The last straw came when Locascio had stolen some oranges and gave one to Gravano, kept one for himself, and gave the remaining three to Gotti. According to Gravano, Gotti chewed out Locascio for giving an orange to Gravano before him. Locascio was so embarrased and upset that he was actually in tears. Both he and Gravano had had enough and they plotted to have Gotti killed at a party should they all be freed.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 19th, 2010, 12:19 am

Billy Bath was killed by the AB he was a member of the Bonano family -he was whacked for being involved in a murder on the outside . The guys brother -had him killed. Also if the AB are willing to accept a contract on a mafia member instead of staying out of their politics it shows that they fundementally have no fear of the mafia especially in prison. Another thing ANYONE-who pays a tribute to have their back watched is considered a coward in prison -I wouldnt be surprised if Joey Merlino was having to pay the whole way thru -NO ONE is able to say hey I paid you before but I am done now. It just doesnt happen -once your extorted you will always have that follow you no matter where you go. John Gotti was paying the AB and supposedly thats why he was sucker punched after he refused to continue paying because he had more mafia members there. It sounds alot more plausible then hey I was sucker punched by some black dude. IF a mexican of Gottis caliber or any mexican period -EVER was sucker punched -the entire mexican population would riot-those who decided to not participate would be stabbed -by mexicans in any prison they landed in afterwards. True that the italians dont have a prison gang per se -but what do east coast whites have in common with a peckerwood from CAlifornia? I also had read somewhere that italian inmates were considered soft in prison being that they 1. Were usually older then most inmates 2. Had not much experience in prisons ( their criminal life doesnt revolve around incarceration like streetgangs) 3. They were white-( irregardless of what you believe the truth of the matter is the VAST majority of those raped and extorted are white inmates) its called reverse discrimination. 4. Their numbers are low .Their are 200k inamtes in prison and tons of streetgangs who have allegiances to the biggest prison gangs. I dont think you know much about prison politics if you make statements like you just did. YOU CAN NEVER PAY SOMEONE FOR PROTECTION WITHOUT BEING LABELED A COWARD IN PRISON. Thats the truth.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » June 19th, 2010, 11:58 pm

First, who the hell is Billy Bath? I've never heard of any mob member being killed by the AB. Do you have any evidence to back up this claim?

Second, Gotti was attacked by Walter Johnson because he had insulted him the day before. It was a personal altercation between the two and didn't involve the AB until Gotti offered them money to kill Johnson. The AB accepted the contract to kill Johnson but he was paroled before they could carry it out. The AB wasn't behind the attack on Gotti unless you want to make the ridiculous claim that they used a black inmate to carry it out. Furthermore, it stands to reason that if Gotti had already been paying the AB to protect him, they would have been duty bound to retaliate against Johnson without Gotti offering them more money.

Third, there is a difference between being shaken down (i.e. extorted) and willingly paying some guys to watch your back. It's a smart thing for an Italian wiseguy from Philly, like Joey Merlino, to do while in a Texas prison. Usually mob guys in prison will stick to themselves and with other white prisoners, as prisoners tend to divide racially. On one hand, the mob guys don't run the joints they're in like they used to (as portrayed in Goodfellas for instance) but they aren't sitting ducks waiting to get robbed or raped by other inmates either.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 20th, 2010, 2:52 am

Billy Bright was his name. Excuse the error -I got the information on page 274 of philip carlos book "THE BUTCHER". Accordingly in summary it states he was killed by the AB as contract placed by Mark Reiter-the brother of Greg Reiter whom believed that he had something to do with his brother Greg Reiters' death.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » June 20th, 2010, 9:35 pm

mayugastank wrote:Billy Bright was his name. Excuse the error -I got the information on page 274 of philip carlos book "THE BUTCHER". Accordingly in summary it states he was killed by the AB as contract placed by Mark Reiter-the brother of Greg Reiter whom believed that he had something to do with his brother Greg Reiters' death.
First, obviously any guy named Bright isn't going to be a made member. Second, take anything you read from a book by Phil Carlo with a dump truck of salt.

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » June 21st, 2010, 9:40 am

honestly a prison gang like AB couldn't go against any mafia member, AB is just a prison gang and i doubt they have so much power outside prison except maybe some single member the power of the mafia outside prison is huge especially in the east coast, they could kill anyone in every part of the states and i doubt somebody would risk it even in prison; if you know prison rules you should know there is a hierarchy, most of streetgangs member are young and they don't have the respect that a senior mafia member has, these streetgang members are just puppies to mafia despite they think they are though, they are nobody outside prison

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 21st, 2010, 5:31 pm

facuilina-

Yes thats true -the AB doesnt have the power to strike out of prison-nearly. Although they have in the past. They dont have the vast pool of soldiers willing to do their dirty work,that the mexican mafia has on the streets. The EME has done tons of murders committed from inside to the outside. I get that the mafia is FAR more organized and connected then the AB on the streets. But the AB wields FAR more power in prison then the mafia does -they have a virtual army of white prisoners willing to do ANYTHING to become a member-

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » June 21st, 2010, 7:24 pm

yes the AB has power in prison 99% of its power is in prison but the mafia is feared by anyone no matter the AB is more in number in prison (not all prisons) who has relatives out of prison or who's going to go released from prison fears the mafia revenge and i doubt somebody would go against mafia members in prison, only a sentenced for life who has nothing outside i mean nothing to lose probably doesn't fear anything

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 21st, 2010, 9:17 pm

Faciulina wrote:yes the AB has power in prison 99% of its power is in prison but the mafia is feared by anyone no matter the AB is more in number in prison (not all prisons) who has relatives out of prison or who's going to go released from prison fears the mafia revenge and i doubt somebody would go against mafia members in prison, only a sentenced for life who has nothing outside i mean nothing to lose probably doesn't fear anything
EXACTLY. Their is a virtual army of lifers. The trial in LA on the AB had all of them listed as lifers. The guy Billy Bright a bonano accomplice was killed by (2) AB members doing life. I have read before that mafia members were extorted. The majority of AB members are lifers and drug users and rule by shear numbers and force -their are 200,000 inmates in the Feds. Whites have no racial unity and their are extensive studies done on the amount of extortions and rapes committed against the white inmate in the system -by black inmates. I couldnt tell you whether these include mafia members. I do know that a big portion of white inmates from the east coast claim and portray some type of organized crime connection-most are not members of the mafia. I just dont see how an inmate can pay protection and then say hey I dont want to pay anymore.It doesnt happen. Obviously the white prison gangs are going to be the most powerful in prison-by shear numbers. This isnt the streets we are talking about-this isnt NYC. Italians are not the majority in the federal system .They cant place hits as far as I know in their. The targeted hit on Frank Locasio says alot about how white inmates view italians. If they had feared the mafia -they wouldve NEVER gotten involved in that. They would never take a contract on a Mexican Mafia member being that situation would lead to their extermination-although their arent (EME) the majority of inmates-they have hundres of Sureno soldiers willing to carry out contracts. I dont know about the italians in prison and have been real curious as to how they live their life-in their . I do notice that vast sums of those indicted are usually older and that would easily make them a target.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » June 22nd, 2010, 12:08 am

I'm not sure what you mean by there is no racial unity among whites in prison. Each race sticks to their own for protection - white, black, hispanic, asian, etc. Even though they are relatively small in numbers, the Aryan Brotherhood wields a great deal of power because they are cohesive, loyal to each other, and extremely ruthless. And it should be remembered that the AB is simply the most prestigious white prison gang. There are many others, including those subordinate in one way or another to the AB. La Eme is much the same way but they've always had their beef going with the Nuestra Familia.

One thing that should be remembered is that the main area of the four top prison gangs (Aryan Brotherhood, Mexican Mafia, Nuestra Familia, and BGF) is on the west coast, particularly California. While individual prisoners get shipped around here or there, most Mafia guys who are in prison are somewhere near where their main area is - the east coast. Prisoners get extorted but it's usually the vulnerable ones. Like I said before, while the mob doesn't have wide sway in prison anymore, they are not sitting ducks getting exploited either. I still don't think anyone could name even a few mob guys that have ever really been shaken down in prison. And Gotti farming out the hit to kill Locascio to the AB isn't all that new. The mob has been using other groups to do dirty work for a very long time.

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » June 22nd, 2010, 10:16 am

I dont know about the italians in prison and have been real curious as to how they live their life-in their . I do notice that vast sums of those indicted are usually older and that would easily make them a target
most of mafia members are imprisoned in the east-coast prisons where the prison gangs have not any power, you're talking about west-coast prisons or some of the west-coast prisons in california or arizona not the states as a whole, jersey and new york prisons are full of italian inmates sentenced for mafia association, murder and drug trafficking and they are the big fishes inside these prisons; of course if a mafia man is imprisoned in a west-coast prison he's far from his area but the fact he is a member of the mafia is enough to fear him

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 22nd, 2010, 3:33 pm

Good points -for all its publicity though the AB wields under 70 members inside both Federal and State Prison. La EME according to Boxer Enriquez one of the only debriefers in the last 15 years -their are under 100 members of the mexican mafia. Far less then the 300 it has been estimated at. Their dont seem to be an articles or anything on LCN in prison . What I have stated is what I have been able to pick up. From what I have read just about ALL white inmates from the east coast portray or are really connected to organized crime in the Federal System. Irregardless what I said earlier about white inmates not sticking together is well known -the white inmate populace is the most victimized group inside the walls by far. Their have been profiles on the amounts of cross-racial rapes and extortion attempts made on whites by blacks and others. The AB and LA EME share a great deal of history in the Feds. In fact at one point they were required to top down have the same enemies list. Nuestra Familia and EME are mutual allies in the FEDs. Weird but true. I dont know -but Id figure that the LCN would have probably the same type of connection to the EME. The fact of the matter is that in prison you are either white /black , meaning that those (2) races are the most numerous and have the most tensions. Asians, Samoans, and anyone who belongs to a crip/blood or holds any similarities to blacks(cubans-pRs-dominicans) are all considered one and the same. Its not so much what you are as how you act-if you have any type of black speak or mannerisms -you are labeled black. Yet for chicanos -acting black,speaking black and sometimes even listening to black music is enough to get you either disowned or stabbed. In the other extreme -being friendly with whites and doing business with them is considered the norm. Its beyond my understanding but its how it is.

Faciulina
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Faciulina » June 22nd, 2010, 7:17 pm

the white inmate populace is the most victimized group inside the walls by far
but the most vulnerable are victims, the mafiosi are respected and feared because of their huge connections outside prisons, they are not normal inmates, anyway do you really think blacks and latinos are so unified? i bet the most vulnerable elements of these races are more vessated than whites by themselves, if they were so unified they wouldn't kill each other so easily, since i bet the races are divided into units of the prisons, whites with whites, blacks with blacks etc. john jr. gotti always stayed with italians when he was in prison, there were several mafiosi from ny philly and jersey

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 22nd, 2010, 8:41 pm

Faciulina wrote:
the white inmate populace is the most victimized group inside the walls by far
but the most vulnerable are victims, the mafiosi are respected and feared because of their huge connections outside prisons, they are not normal inmates, anyway do you really think blacks and latinos are so unified? i bet the most vulnerable elements of these races are more vessated than whites by themselves, if they were so unified they wouldn't kill each other so easily, since i bet the races are divided into units of the prisons, whites with whites, blacks with blacks etc. john jr. gotti always stayed with italians when he was in prison, there were several mafiosi from ny philly and jersey

yes I do know hispanics to be VERY unified-especially in prisons-blacks on the other hand arent. However what I said about white men being raped the most and the most targeted is true -and well known. Virtually ALL white men who arent affiliated and a big percent of those who are, will be extorted or sexually assaulted,barted and sold. Especially -younger ones. It is not a fact and it was for this reason that the AB formed. The violence directed at whites in the system is pathological and happens very frequently. Its been well documented and known for a long time. Whites will occassionally band together BUT this is NOT the norm. I also know this from people whom Ive known to have been locked up. In Los Angelos county -whites were routinely gang raped and beaten by blacks during the 1990s-the books by EDWARD BUNKER tell it in detail . Monster Codys books gets into it also -not to mention my firsthand accounts on the situation.I have heard about whites being beaten and placed in footlockers and made to wipe a black mans ass. This is no exaggeration.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 22nd, 2010, 8:43 pm

Who rapes in prison?
By Sam Francis

Jim Crow lives, the New York Times reports, not in Mississippi or Alabama but in California, or at least the California state prison system, in which the penal authorities have for long routinely separated inmates of different races for the first 60 days of their extended vacation at the expense of the taxpayers. Now, the iron logic of egalitarianism is catching up with this insidious vestige of white supremacy in a lawsuit launched by a black inmate who feels deeply wounded because his rights have been violated.

This citizen is a gentleman named Garrison S. Johnson, convicted murderer, who has been demanding redress since 1997, with the pro bono assistance of a New York law firm. Two federal courts have already rejected Johnson's suit, but now it's going before the Supreme Court on appeal.

"The decision below undermines a national imperative to eliminate racial discrimination," the appeal argues, and those who defend the system have to tiptoe their way around that particular holy cow. The defense of the prison policy usually offered is that it's not permanent and doesn't confer any advantage on one race or another (it's applied to several different racial groups known for animosity toward each other, not just to blacks and whites—Japanese and Chinese, Vietnamese and Laotians, etc.) and is necessary simply to avoid interracial violence among chaps who are violent by their nature. [Justices Agree to Evaluate Prison Policy Based on Race, By Linda Greenhouse, March 2, 2004]

The Times doesn't mention it, but the in-prison segregation needs to be preserved for yet another reason—to keep non-white inmates from raping whites, which they reportedly do routinely and with little concern for punishment or retaliation.

In a 2001 report published by the liberal Human Rights Watch, a researcher named Joanne Mariner disclosed facts the mainstream media have long ignored or denied: There are more men raped in the United States—about 90,000 every year—than women—a mere 40,000. Most of the male rapes take place in prison, and good many of them are interracial, with blacks and Hispanics searching out and raping white men. [No Escape: Male Rape in U.S. Prisons]

The stories the report recounts, described in a 2002 article in the newsletter American Renaissance, are graphic and repellent. "I had no choice but to submit to being Inmate B's prison wife," one white convict said. "In all reality, I was his slave.… I determined I'd be better off to willingly have sex with one person, than I would be to face violence and rape by multiple people. The most tragic part to this is that the person I chose to 'be with' has AIDS."

Another white prisoner in Michigan reported that the black inmate who "claimed me as his property" "publicly humiliated and degraded me, making sure all the inmates and guards knew that I was a queen and his property. Within a week he was pimping me out to other inmates at $3.00 a man. This state of existence continued for two months until he sold me for $25.00 to another black male who purchased me to be his wife." Those are only a couple of the less lurid stories from the Human Rights Watch report.

And why does this sort of thing happen? It happens not only because prison authorities don't stop it but because white prisoners themselves won't either. The report recounts that though neither black nor Hispanic convicts will tolerate a white man raping one of their own races, whites do virtually nothing to protect each other against black and Hispanic rapists.

As the report puts it, "African Americans typically face sexual abuse at the hands of other African Americans, and Hispanics at the hands of other Hispanics. Some inmates told Human Rights Watch that this pattern reflected an inmate rule, one that was strictly enforced: 'only a black can turn out [rape] a black, and only a chicano can turn out a chicano.' Breaking this rule by sexually abusing someone of another race or ethnicity, with the exception of a white inmate, could lead to racial or ethnic unrest, as other members of the victim's group would retaliate against the perpetrator's group."

The American Renaissance article put it a bit more bluntly: "The racial dynamic in prisons puts whites at a tremendous disadvantage. First, whites are often outnumbered by both blacks and Hispanics. But far more important, just as they show no racial solidarity in 'the free world,' whites in prison do not band together to protect each other from predators."

All of which helps explain why prison authorities want to keep the races segregated, at least until newcomers learn their way around. It may also explain why Garrison Johnson brought the lawsuit in the first place. But most of all, it helps explain what's wrong with white people—and not just those in prison.

COPYRIGHT CREATORS SYNDICATE, INC.

[Sam Francis [email him] is a nationally syndicated columnist. A selection of his columns, America Extinguished: Mass Immigration And The Disintegration Of American Culture, is now available from Americans For Immigration Control. Click here for Sam Francis' website. Click here to order his monograph, Ethnopolitics: Immigration, Race, and the American Political Future and here for Glynn Custred's review.]

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » June 27th, 2010, 9:47 pm

I'm not sure where this article originated but white prison gangs are very bit as tight-knit and known for their solidarity, if not more so, than black or Hispanic gangs. If someone chooses to not affiliate themselves with their respective racial group then, yes, they are much more vulnerable.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » July 3rd, 2010, 7:34 am

thewestside wrote:I'm not sure where this article originated but white prison gangs are very bit as tight-knit and known for their solidarity, if not more so, than black or Hispanic gangs. If someone chooses to not affiliate themselves with their respective racial group then, yes, they are much more vulnerable.

ABSOLUTELY FALSE!

Read life as a white inmate in Texas......Do you think any prison where whites are either the minority or evenly split or where their are no chicanos to back their play whites would fare better? I know what these personal stories tell to be an absolute FACT. 100% UNDENIABLE. I dont know about italians from the East coast but whites in general across the board have absoluetely no racial loyalty at all, in fact they are the most victimized and hated race in the system. Chicanos have a close bond with them -but other hispanics like cubans and puerto ricans -who hold alot of similarities in racial makeup with blacks treat them the same. I dont get how you could not know this when its known FAR AND WIDE. I am post ing this story here .....its a personal account of a white inmate -

White Man in a Texas Prison
More news stories on Racial Conflict
D. Zatukel, American Renaissance, October 1995

Demographers predict that some time in the next century whites will become a racial minority in the United States. This status has already arrived for many of the several hundred thousand whites who have the least control over their lives: prisoners. They are forced to live in the most intimate relations with a class of blacks and Hispanics whom most whites have carefully arranged their lives so as to avoid completely. Forced integration has produced racial animosity in society at large; the even more intensive integration in prisons creates even greater animosity.

Prison administration is also a classic example of judicial dictatorship. [Editor’s note: See review of Judicial Dictatorship in Sept. issue.] At least in Texas, prisons are operated according to the desires of liberal judges, desires that would never be ratified by voters.

“New Wave” Texas Prisons

I am 39 years old and have served 10 years of a 55-year sentence for aggravated robbery. For seven years I was confined in minimum- and medium-security prisons, but in 1992 I was shipped, without explanation, to the maximum-security McConnell Unit in Beeville, Texas. I believe that this was because I had been subscribing to racialist publications and was therefore wrongly classified as a “gang-related” prisoner.

Since this transfer I have been living in a “new wave” texas prison that meets the standards established in the early 1980s by federal judge William Wayne Justice. The McConnell Unit is spacious, comfortable, and was incredibly expensive to build. It houses a maximum of 2,880 inmates but cost an astonishing $65 million—more than $22,500 per prisoner. The McConnell Unit and others like it are anything but penitentiaries. They are “resorts” for non-whites who would otherwise be living in squalor. They are “recreation centers” where prisoners can practice sports and play games, and they are schools where inmates can study any number of academic and vocational subjects.

Judge Justice put great emphasis on sports, and the McConnell Unit shows it. The general population—that is to say, all but the 500 or so prisoners who are in solitary confinement, now known euphemistically as “Administrative Segregation”—live in four cell block buildings and two dormitories. Each dormitory houses about 300 inmates and is for “minimum custody” prisoners. The four cell block buildings, for higher custody prisoners, each house about 430 men. [N]

For these six buildings there are four gymnasiums, each with a basketball court and a “universal” weight machine. Each cell block building also has an outdoor recreation area with a basketball court, weight machine, and two handball courts. There are other sports facilities at McConnell, so that the 2,400 men in the general population have a total of nine full-court and two half-court basketball courts, ten handball courts, ten “universal” machines, a softball field, and two full sets of “free” weights. This is a lavish complement of equipment even by the standards of fancy health clubs.

Many inmates devote themselves to physical conditioning, especially the blacks. Many spend hours each day playing basketball and lifting weights; they are bulging with muscles and are an intimidating presence for inmates and guards alike.

In the day-rooms of the dormitories and cell-blocks, men can watch television or play chess, checkers, scrabble, or dominoes. These facilities are also lavish. For example, a day-room set aside for 60 men has two color television sets, eight four-man game tables, and seven three-man benches, and can therefore seat 53 men at once.

Anyone interested in education has an enormous variety of classes from which to choose, from remedial reading up to Master’s degrees. There is vocational training in computers, electronics, drafting and a host of other professions. Until September first of this year, when a new policy came into effect, all courses were free—crime opened the door to unlimited education. Now prisoners will be required to reimburse the state for anything other than high school-equivalency courses or low-level vocational training.

Discipline

Criminals are in jail because they are rule-breakers, and a jail cannot be run without rules. Traditionally, there have been both “official” and “unofficial” ways to keep order. The official way is through formal disciplinary charges that can result in loss of status or privileges. For example, a prisoner may be denied commissary privileges, which means he cannot buy coffee, food, radios, sneakers, ice cream, etc. This is not much of a hardship. Ever since the ban on smoking in Texas prisons, the “store” no longer sells tobacco, which is what prisoners want most.

A more serious penalty is a reduction in class. There are seven status levels or classes in Texas prisons, including four categories of trusty. A reduction in class can mean that a trusty may no longer work unsupervised; a reduction to the lowest class means a man forfeits “good time,” or periods of good behavior that can lead to earlier release. For prisoners facing a long sentence, this means very little. Even “administrative segregation” or ad-seg is not much of a threat. A cell of one’s own is luxurious privacy. Also, ad-seg units are the only ones with air conditioning; Beeville gets very hot and humid in the summer, so the worst discipline cases live in the best conditions!

The formal penalty system often does not work. It involves paperwork, which is a bother. Punishment usually goes into effect long after the infraction, and there are some men on whom it simply has no effect. Therefore, Texas prisons traditionally had an informal discipline system as well as the formal one. A popular way to handle an unruly inmate used to be to have him “stand on the wall” or stand in one place for a long time with his toes and nose touching the wall. There were occasional beatings and the threat of beatings. All this is now forbidden, and guards can never punish prisoners physically and may use force against them only if guards are, themselves, in clear danger of attack.

Guards therefore have very little real control. Take the case of the dormitories. They are supposed to be less restrictive housing for better-behaved prisoners but affirmative action has been at work here, too: blacks must be assigned to them in proportion to their numbers in the prison population. If 45 percent of the prisoners are black, 45 percent of the men in the dormitories must be black, so many aggressive, hostile blacks are assigned to low-security areas. The six-foot five-inch, 260-pound black who recently became my neighbor was quite surprised to be assigned to a dormitory; he was in close custody just before his move.

A white officer is making the rounds of a 55-man dormitory unit at 11:00 p.m. to conduct a head count. All prisoners are supposed to be in their bunks after 10:30, so he doesn’t expect to find much activity, but he is wrong. Many blacks are up and carousing. Two are in the showers, some are at the latrine, others are visiting friends’ quarters.

“Get to your houses or get an out-of-place case [Go to your bunks or face a citation for being where you are not supposed to be.],” orders the officer.

The order triggers shouts of “Suck a d**k, mother f****r!” “F**k you, whore!” “Get your bitch ass outta here, whore!” The officer says nothing as he waits for the inmates to get to their bunks. They deliberately move slowly. They repeatedly call the officer “bitch” and “whore.”

One muscular black inmate blatantly ignores the officer’s order and struts to the latrine. “Looky here, can’t I take a piss?” he says.

“It’s count time,” says the officer.

An argument develops. The dorm resounds with shouts of “bitch!” “whore!” and “motherf****r!” The officer knows he faces the possibility of a riot and a serious beating at the hands of men who would love to hurt him. He backs down and lets the inmate use the latrine. His authority has been successfully challenged, he has been humiliated, his count has been disrupted, and his work has been delayed.

These are the well-behaved blacks. Officers face even more danger and abuse in the “medium” and “close” custody areas. These prisoners are discipline problems and have already lost most of their privileges and “good time.” They have little else to lose. They may have jobs assigned to them but work seldom, if at all. Instead, they lift weights, work out, watch “rap” music on MTV, and play dominoes.

They know the restrictions on physical punishment as well as the officers do. They do not hesitate to get into an officer’s face, shout abuse at him, and dare him to strike or touch them. Verbal attacks of the vilest kind are not sufficient cause for a guard to strike a prisoner, and any who do so are fired. Racial abuse of the guards is standard fare, though whites are now “bitches” and “whores” rather than “honkies” or “red-necks.”

Because there is so little that can be done to punish them, prisoners in high-security areas exact special privileges from a system that has adopted a de facto policy of black appeasement. “Problem” prisoners are quietly allowed to ignore rules that forbid beards and long hair, and that require them to be fully clothed in the TV-game rooms. Known trouble-makers get more food than well-behaved prisoners because officers want to avoid trouble. For the same reason, officers rarely inspect the living areas of problem inmates—they don’t want trouble. By contrast, men assigned to dormitories may not put up so much as a pin-up because it might offend female officers.

Race

What is it like to live in close quarters with underclass blacks? One of the greatest torments is constant noise. Blacks are always shouting at each other, banging around, making a din. The TV-game rooms, for example, are oftentimes scenes of pandemonium. Blacks congregate around domino games and yell at each other while the players slap their dominoes on the table as hard as they can. This combination of yelling and domino-slapping goes on for hours at a time: “C’mon, nigger!” BAM! “You ain’t got nuthin,’ nigger!” BAM! “Give me ten, nigger!” BAM! … The racket and incessant shouting of blacks is so loud that many whites and Hispanics (and a few blacks) wear earplugs 24 hours a day.

Because blacks, as a group, are more aggressive than whites or Hispanics, they generally get their choice of exercise facilities or television programs. In any TV-game room with more than one television set, one set is constantly tuned to sports programs, which is what blacks want. Since blacks have rioted when they were not able to watch what they wanted, they have essentially been given their own television sets.

Whenever an important sporting event is broadcast, groups of blacks set up an ear-splitting din yelling at the television set. The noise is so loud it is painful to be in the room, and the yelling carries throughout the building. During the spring of 1994, the “sports only” televisions carried basketball play-offs until 1:00 a.m., seven days a week, for about two weeks. The policy of black appeasement meant that prisoners were shouting at the television late into the night, making it impossible for others to sleep.

Before Judge Justice rewrote prison rules, inmates were not allowed to talk in the chow halls. Inmates must now be permitted to talk at a “low level” but this restriction is ignored. Groups of blacks yell to each other across the length and breadth of the chow hall just as they do in cell blocks and dormitories. Meal times are a constant racket, and in the commotion, many inmates slip back into the chow line to eat again. Most officers will not confront an inmate who goes through the line twice, especially if he is black; other blacks would immediately take his side and there could easily be a riot. Perhaps as many as half of the black prisoners eat twice or more during each meal.

Since racial integration is official prison policy, it is difficult for a white prisoner to get a white roommate for his two-man cell. Over the years I have had four black, three Hispanic, and three white cell-mates. Even if a black or Hispanic “cellie” is well behaved, there is always tension in this unnatural integration. Generally blacks are provocative and make terrible cellies. About the only way for a white to get a “whites only” designation for cellies is to have inflicted serious violence on a black for racial reasons—and the punishment for this makes it a costly strategy.

Blacks and Hispanics have much greater racial loyalty than whites. Even most white criminals are racially passive and endure racial insults without reacting. I do not permit blacks to insult me, but if I were to fight every time I heard someone called “white boy” I would never get out of lock-up. Typically, whites are greatly outnumbered, and to make a stand for racial loyalty would be suicide. Some whites do develop a racial consciousness, however, and begin to look out for each other.

For Hispanics, the racial bond has an added dimension in that they normally speak Spanish to each other. In the old days they were required to speak English, but Spanish is now a civil right. Nevertheless, whites and Hispanics tend to have a lot in common and share a similar temperament. Hispanics appear to be a bit more emotional than whites, but blacks are very emotional and aggressive. Whites and Hispanics share an antipathy towards blacks and will work together when faced with a black threat. There is only a small amount of fraternization across racial lines and most prisoners would clearly prefer the old segregated system.

Race riots are common in integrated prisons. They generally start when whites or Hispanics get fed up with being pushed around by blacks. Tension builds up between the races until it explodes in a riot.

In one “close custody” unit (a high-security building for prisoners with discipline problems) there has been an ongoing war between blacks and Hispanics that started soon after the unit opened in October, 1992. The Hispanics got very annoyed at black rudeness, yelling, domino slapping, and at blacks who would masturbate when Hispanic female guards were in the area.

One Friday evening, groups of blacks and Hispanics were watching a televised boxing match between a black and a Hispanic. Words were exchanged and a fight broke out. The fight quickly spread as blacks and Hispanics began rumbling throughout the whole building. The fighting overflowed into the recreation yard and soon over a hundred inmates were hammering each other.

Dozens of officers converged on the area, wearing crash helmets and wielding shields and batons. They broke up the riot, herded the men back to their cells (and the badly injured to the hospital) and locked them down. As punishment for the riot the inmates were locked down for about three months. This means they had to stay in their cells for 24 hours a day, except for showers, and were given sack lunches, which they ate in their cells. Shortly after they were let out, there was another race riot and the prisoners were locked down again. This cycle of race riots has repeated itself endlessly in this unit. The obvious solution would be racial segregation, but this would violate prison policy.

Riots with white prisoners are unusual because most whites are passive. However, there was one serious black-white incident during the basketball play-offs mentioned earlier. A dozen whites were watching a television movie but were told by a guard that they would have to let blacks watch the play-off instead. As usual, the guard was placating the group most likely to make trouble, but this time he got it wrong. As the blacks filed in to watch the game, one of the whites, angry at not being allowed to watch the end of the movie, pulled the plug on the television. There was a free-for-all with about a dozen men on each side, but the fisticuffs were soon broken up by officers. The incident could have been much, much worse.

One of the worst kinds of racial assault is homosexual rape—usually blacks gang-raping a white. This is known to happen in the McConnell unit, but it takes place in maximum and medium security areas, about which I have little direct knowledge.

“Killing”

It may be a surprise to people on the outside to learn that Texas prisons are rife with public masturbation. Masturbation is now such a problem that prison trousers no longer have flies or pockets. Men used to cut holes in the front pockets so they could masturbate with their pants up.

Affirmative action means that there are now many female prison guards, and prisoners—mostly black—sometimes masturbate as they follow women around the cell block. Blacks have a special term for this: “killing.” Practitioners of this lewdness are “gunslingers” or “snipers” and engage in “drive-by-shootings.” White women are the preferred targets but any woman will do. Many killers drape a coat or shirt over themselves but some blacks expose themselves any time, any place, to anyone!

Until recently, a favorite perch for snipers was a set of benches beside the entrance to the administration building, where the secretarial pool works. Killers would take up positions on these benches and open fire on the secretaries as they walked by. It finally occurred to someone to move the benches.

The women’s reactions to “killing” vary enormously. Some do not tolerate it and write offense reports for it. This can mean a loss of commissary privileges and, sometimes, a reduction of class. As explained above, if a man is destitute and is doing a long sentence, this means nothing. Most of the time, the women simply tell the offender to stop. Ordinarily this works. When the killing continues despite a warning, the offender is usually locked up in insolation for a short time. Again, this means nothing to a man who has nothing to lose. There are some women who ignore killing and do not react to it at all.

One attractive Hispanic woman who worked in the prison law library had a real problem. She was stuck at her workplace and, throughout the day, blacks would come into the library, stare at her and masturbate. She wouldn’t stand for it, but was soon swamped with paperwork, filing offense reports. The unit warden eventually told her not to bother writing up reports, that he preferred less troublesome, “verbal” solutions.

Sometimes, if a female guard finds a prisoner attractive she will quietly encourage him to kill on her. Women like this to be done discreetly, in a cell or some other place where the two will not draw attention to themselves.

The ostentatious lewdness of blacks creates a lot of racial tension in an integrated prison. White and Hispanic inmates must endure the crudest racial/sexual taunting by blacks when white or Hispanic women come through the area. Blacks will put their hands down their pants and play with themselves or take off their clothes and decide to take a shower. Some will go to their cells and call to the women to come watch them masturbate—all of this in the presence of white and Hispanic prisoners. All by itself, this would be reason enough for race riots, but in the lax atmosphere of today’s Texas prisons, there is no way to stop this disgusting behavior.

This is Prison?

The McConnell Unit is certainly a disagreeable place for a white man; life at close quarters with hostile, loud, masturbating, white-hating blacks is punishment enough. But for many blacks, a stint in a “new wave” Texas prison is about as close to country-club living as they are likely to get. They live in clean, well-maintained buildings. They get three square meals a day. They can work out, play basketball, and watch as much television as they like. They can humiliate white prisoners with impunity and even shout the most inflammatory racial insults at uniformed white officers. They cannot have sexual intercourse, but they get the thrill of exposing themselves to white women and taunting white men as they do it. Even the most drastic disciplinary measure—solitary confinement—means a transfer to air-conditioned housing. For a poor, black youngster from Houston, a stay in the McConnell Unit is a vacation. Who can be surprised to learn that more than half of the convicts released from Texas prisons are back within a year? Or that the Texas inmate population has grown 400 percent since Judge Justice’s “reforms”?

And what about the guards? In what other profession must a man submit every day to constant racial slurs and insults—insults that would instantly yield huge civil-suit awards if the victim were black and this happened on the outside? In what other profession must women put up with men who follow them around masturbating and mumbling obscenities? This, too, on the outside is grounds for enormous compensatory damages. In today’s prisons it is the inmates who punish the guards.

The kid-glove approach to prisoners means that the meanest, most refractory men—mostly blacks—get better treatment rather than worse. Since guards have so few meaningful ways to punish offenders, violations are ignored—essentially rewarded—rather than punished. Because everyone knows that blacks are likely to riot, even the guards see to it that they get their way over better-behaved whites and Hispanics. Wrong-doing and the threat of violence bring special treatment. One of the abiding lessons that an inmate learns in prison is that the authorities can be treated with the utmost contempt.

Federal control of the Texas prison system has been a complete though almost entirely unreported disaster. Unless the state manages to free itself from the tyranny of federal judges, prisoners will continue to laugh at the prospect of a jail sentence. Today, the central feature of a Texas prison is the basketball court. Some day, when Texans regain control, it may once again be what it was in the old days: the chapel.

Original article

(Posted on March 7, 2008)

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » July 4th, 2010, 2:34 am

I'm talking about the white prison gangs, which are every bit as tight knit and vicious as any black or Hispanic gang. You keep talking about "racial unity," as if all black inmates are on the same page with each other and all hispanic inmates are on the same page with each other. That's nonsense. Prisoners gravitate to their own kind and often times whites will be a minority in prisons, at least the ones that have larger amounts of black and hispanic inmates. One reason why whites started forming their own prison gangs to begin with. The Aryan Brotherhood is the most notorious but there are many others - Nazi Low Riders, White Aryan Resistance, Texas Mafia, SAW (Silent Aryan Warriors), SAC (Soldiers of Aryan Culture), etc.

NateDogg
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NateDogg » July 22nd, 2010, 7:21 pm

Mayugastank your article stating that whites have no solidarity in prison is wrong. Whites because they are often the minority in prison and outnumbered by black and hispanic gangs are forced to stick together to survive it's the only way whites make it for the most part in the system is through loyalty.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » July 23rd, 2010, 11:00 pm

NateDogg wrote:Mayugastank your article stating that whites have no solidarity in prison is wrong. Whites because they are often the minority in prison and outnumbered by black and hispanic gangs are forced to stick together to survive it's the only way whites make it for the most part in the system is through loyalty.

NATE you have no clue what you are talking about!!!! in any state where whites are a minority they are routinely targeted for sexual assault and extortion. You stated your opinion and I stated fact. The vast majority of prison rapes are committed against white by BLACKS--fact it was documented in a report to the US senate-In florida alone 150 inmates(white) had to be moved out of state due to prison rape committed by black men targeting whites for racial reasons. If they had solidarity they wouldnt have let this happen. I personally know people who have told me stories about the stuff they would do to whites in LA county. Read the book "MONSTER" by Kody Scott and he briefly mentions some of what happens to whites in LA county. Lets not be blase....its an untold story but within the streets its well known. Another thing-white supremacist and others are only occassional on the offense-usually they are on the defensive and usually only IF a member of their group is targeted do they retaliate. Its not" hey all whites jump when something happens" .....what crap! where the hell did you come from?

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » July 24th, 2010, 4:51 am

I read that the AB makes up only 0.1% of the prison population, but is responsible for 18% of the murders. That is pretty fucking violent. I guess they haev to be extra ruthless, because they are such a minority.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/i ... e-shamrock

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » July 24th, 2010, 8:01 pm

Sentenza wrote:I read that the AB makes up only 0.1% of the prison population, but is responsible for 18% of the murders. That is pretty #%@&#%@ violent. I guess they haev to be extra ruthless, because they are such a minority.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/i ... e-shamrock
Thats a total exaggeration. They attribute those figures to the beginings of the AB and the Race Wars of the 1970s. The take a number fling it out and go with it . The AB number about under a 100 inmates total. White inmates usually dont have an affiliation till entering prison. They develop gang ties after entering. Surenos in California alone probably equal in the 20k region but their are only a 100 or so Mexican Mafia members. By far the most violent group in the state of California and the federal system is Surenos being directed by LA EME. They SPL portray the AB as a serious problem as it is their sole intention to spotlight hate groups,pass legislation, and hype up racist orgs . The vast majority of hate crimes in the USA are committed against whites by blacks. With blacks only making up 15 percent of the population they are responsible for a big percent( 70% ? last I read?)

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » August 16th, 2010, 12:10 am

Posted by Seth Ferranti on November 11, 2008 at 1:23am
View Seth Ferranti's blog
.Goodfellas, the Godfather, Donnie Brasco, The Sopranos- Hollywood's obsession with mobsters dates all the way back to the turn of the century. A litany of wise guys have gained fame and notoriety and eventually been incarcerated by the feds. Beginning with Al Capone and stretching to modern times with the Dapper Don, John Gotti. Costa Nostra , our thing, has-been immortalized in movies, TV shows, newspapers, magazines, and books. Fiction has blurred with reality and the mafiaso has become a mainstay in today’s popular culture. Spawning a subculture of wanna-be's, imitators, and frauds. And a lot
of these guys are in federal prison.

The state of the mob today is a joke. The code of silence has been broken and gangsters like Sammy the Bull and Henry Hill are so brazen in their snitching that they don't even feel they need to hide. There was a time in this country when the Mafia was more powerful then the government. They controlled the whole eastern seaboard and even put presidents in power. But that time is long gone. Wise guys turned stool pigeons, the drug trade emerged with new and vicious ethnic gangs, and the FBI took on the mob in a brutal decades long battle and broke the mafia's back. But even though a lot of the guys in federal prison are a joke and wanna-be's there are still some real goodfellas inside these fences. I like to tell you about the few I've met and been around.

In 1993 I was sentenced to 25 years in federal prison for selling LSD and sent to FCI Manchester, a brand new federal institution in Kentucky. Placed strategically to boost the sagging economy. Upon arriving there I was indoctrinated into prison culture and had my first experience with a bonafide mafiaso. I was a young American kid from the suburbs with and Italian last name. I was never connected with the mob in anyway, never really embraced my Italian heritage, and grew up as far from the eastern seaboard as possible. Being a California kid I had seen the movies but had never encountered the real thing.

But about a week after I hit the compound I was approached by an older Sicilian guy who reminded me of my paternal great-grandmother. I later learned he was a Gambino. Supposedly he was brought over by the feds from Sicily and charged in the infamous pizza connection case from the 80s. Word on the compound was he had a 30 year sentence. He introduced himself to me and asked me about my family's history. He told me he knew a lot of Ferrantes in Palermo and was trying to find out if I was related to any of them. Being a military brat whose father and grandfather were both career military men I was a little taken aback to say the least. I told him I grew up in the suburbs and was an American but that I would check with my dad to see if my family still had ties to Sicily. We did not. So that kind of ended my relationship with the Sicilian Gambino. And it wasn't until later with all the John Gotti publicity that I even heard of the Gambino crime family. I remembered the old man and wondered about his connection. In Manchester though it seemed he pretty much stuck to himself. There weren't many Italians there but I recall that he used to walk the track with this short pudgy guy and you could always here them speaking back and forth in Italian. Also the other prisoners seemed to give the old mafiaso a measure of respect. He was held in a sort of awe by all the crack dealers, bank robbers, and parole violators. A real life character from the movies we had all grown up watching.

It's sort of funny how this old guys in the twilight of their lives generate so much respect, gossip, and admiration among the prisoners. I mean we are talking about a tough crowd- gangbangers, stick-up kids, street hustlers, smugglers, drug kingpins, and straight thugs. But even though most of the dudes in the feds could beat down, extort, or rob these old mafiaso they never do. In the feds there is a kind of innate respect for these guys. I guess because they have such a history of openly and brazenly defying the US government. This defiance gives them major props in here. And maybe on the street the mafiaso inspired fear but in here they are truly respected. The real ones at least. The wanna-be's are mocked are laughed at behind their back as they try to portray the movies version of a mobster.

I was transferred to FCI Beckly in 1996. It was a brand new prison that opened in West Virginia. And when I got there the talk of the compound was this mobster, Joe "The German" Watts. Who was supposedly a loyal henchman and friend of John Gotti and Gambino family soldier. Although he wasn't made because of his German blood this New Yorker supposedly had big money. And on the compound he was known to throw that money around. I didn't know him personally but he lived in Poplar B-lower the unit below mine. I remember seeing him go to the commissary and have a couple of guys with him to carry his bags. He always shopped big too. He'd be coming out with cases and boxes full of commissary stuff.

They said on the block that he cooked everyday and never went to the chow hall. A lot of mobsters have a reputation for this. Living large in the feds, you know. I guess it stems from the scenes in Goodfellas where Ray Liota and them are having mini banquets. The real incarcerated mobster tried to emulate this. I had also heard that Joe Watts supposedly bought all the cells next to his on the first tier and moved all his people in around him. He had his cook, his cleaning person, and his muscle guys in all the cells surrounding him and they would all eat together Goodfellas style.

Like I said I never personally met the guy but there was a lot of
gossip about him on the pound. He was looked up to by all the street
hustlers as a kind of mystical figure. A real live gangster, they called
him. I would see him on the compound with the less famous mobsters
from Pittsburgh and all the wanna-be's who would be all up under him trying to ride his coattails. Catering to him or just trying to be associated with him I guess.

In 1999 I transferred to FCI Fort Dix in New Jersey and this prison located on the eastern seaboard had all kinds of mobsters, wise guys, wanna-be's, and east coast type dudes. It seemed to me that a lot of the white dudes at this prison tried to portray that mafia tough guy image. They all had the same Guido look, talked the same, and had the same attitude. Like forget about it, you know. It was a New York, New Jersey, Philly thing I guess. Youse guys and all that.

When I first got there I met the top mafiaso pn the compound, Little Nick Corozzo who everybody called Nicky. Supposedly he was a capo under John Gotti and was even handpicked by Gotti to run the Gambino family at one time. He was a pretty straight no-nonsense type of guy. Older but still in good shape. He was doing an 8 year sentence. He had a lot of dudes up under him and FCI Fort Dix had a very distinct mob culture. There were the New York guys, the New Jersey ones, and the Philly ones. A definite pecking order.

They had a spot where they hung out and played cards at the back of building 5711. Jerry "the Jew" Cohen, another semi-famous mobster had a couple of benches and tables there on lock and you would always see them there in their small gatherings playing cards, talking about scams, bull shitting about other wise guys and eating.

Nicky lived in building 5702 and had a little crew of Boston dudes running around for him. They were all in a 12-man room together and at one time had a sort of impromptu chop shop going on as they stole metal folding chairs which were in short supply, painted them, and sold them to white dudes and Italians in other units. Eventually the crew was busted and the room broken up. I got to know some of the Boston dudes who were more around my age and got invited to some of the little dinners and parties Nicky would hold. He always tried to do things big so a lot of the little dinners and get togethers were like mini banquets. Pasta was always on the menu and there would be snacks and refreshments. I guess they hired some amigos to cater the events. I don't know. But it was my first experience at being accepted by the mafiaso culture and the first time in prison I had played on my Italian heritage. But for real I wasn't a wanna-be like a lot of the other dudes I was just trying to get my eat on. Living large, you know.

I remember seeing Jerry the Jew and Nicky getting catered dinner and brunches in the chow hall too. All the prisoners would be standing in line and the mobsters would just walk in and go to a predetermined table with a table cloth on it. Then when they were settled a prisoner cook who worked in the kitchen would bring them out plates of food specially prepared and made to order for them- omelets, fried rice, or whatever. I know it was a paid for service but it still gave them an appearance of living large and being special and I'm sure they knew it and reveled in this fact.

There were a lot of supposed mafiaso on the pound and I heard how they all had little beefs with each other and wouldn't talk at all and how Nicky would try to be the mediator and get everything settled so that all the mob dudes could get along but it wasn't to be. I guess the mob hierarchy on the pound recognized Little Nick as the top and most respected mobster. Every body knew who he was and most were friendly with him. You would always see the mafiasos walking around in groups and greeting each other with the double kiss on each cheek. I never got into that but you would see it everyday.

And dudes on the pound and in prison in general were always quoting lines from mob movies. It was like a regular thing. Even the real mob guys would quote lines from movies. The most frequently used one was the line from Goodfellas where Joe Pesci asks Ray Liota, "What are you laughing at me? What am I a clown? I'm here to amuse you." Prisoners were always using that line. Joe Pesci should collect royalties.

One event finally happened on the compound supposedly involving Nicky which got him locked up in the hole and transferred. This is how it went down. It was all rumor and innuendo so who knows what really happened but this was the word on the pound at the time. There was this big Irish dude, a big union guy from Boston, who had been down a minute and was supposedly an Irish mobster. He was taking bets on the compound. And I'm not talking no small bets or a parlay ticket. This dude was supposedly taking five and ten thousand dollar single bets on NFL games.

Well apparently some guy welched on his bet when he lost and when the Irish mobster put pressure on him he ran to the cops and snitched on the Irish guy so they locked him up under investigation for running a gambling pool. Then as the word went the Irish mobster, who was friends with Little Nick, reached out to the mafiaso and put a hit on the snitch who was still on the compound. The cops found out and locked Nicky up too and eventually transferred both of them to a higher security level prison. Nicky had always faced a lot of scrutiny from the police on the compound due to who he was and they finally grabbed him and shipped him out. Who knows if the whole thing was true or not but that was the story floating around the pound when it was all going down.

Anyway I heard another interesting story while I was in Fort Dix concerning John Gotti. A dude from Harlem called Pup who was my bunkie for a couple of years in a 12-man room told me the story. He told me that when he first went down he was in MCC New York at the same time John Gotti was there. They just happened to be on the same block as Gotti was going through the motions of fighting his charges at trial. Pup told me that Gotti had the whole block on lock because he was such a big-profile mobster and all the young street hustlers looked up to him. He said Gotti would be holding court and preaching to all the young brothers on the block all day telling them to go hard and take the feds to trial. He told them loud and clear, don't ever copout. Make the feds take you to trial. That was his motto, never admit to any guilt whatsoever. Always proclaim your innocence. Well it turned out Gotti got life and a lot of the street hustlers, black youths from Harlem and Brooklyn, took his advice, went to trial with their court appointed lawyers and got hit in the heads. My bunkie told me dudes were coming back with 20 and 30 year sentences and some got life. All because John Gotti told them not to cop out. Pup didn't take Gotti 's advice, he copped out to 10 years, and told me if he had followed Gotti’s advice he might have got 30 years.

Some other Gotti stories I've heard have floated around and filtered down from his time at USP Marion. They said when they brought him into Marion two F-16's flew shotgun for the Con-Air plane that was delivering him. That is how high profile this cat was. Also they said that Gotti received so much mail that two FBI agents shacked up in the town and had their own little office just to screen his mail. Supposedly Gotti got like 50 letters a day or more from admirers, friends, family, associates, fans, writers, and media outlets. One more interesting story that made the rounds was that when Gotti was released from the 24 hour supermax control unit at USP Marion into a transitional lockdown block that was the middle step before going to the compound, he got into an argument with a black prisoner over who was next on the phone. Gotti supposedly screamed, "Do you know who the fuck I am?" The rumor has it that the black prisoner didn't care who Gotti was and took offense, breaking Gotti's jaw and beating his ass. These are all just stories that have filtered down though so who knows if there’s any truth to them.

In 2002 I was transferred to FCI Fairton, also located in New Jersey and here was the prison where I met the classiest Mobster I'd ever met. Mikey Perna was a mafiaso out of New Jersey. Part of the Luchassie crime family in New York. He was a pretty famous mobster. There was a book about him and his crew, "The Boys from New Jersey," that detailed how the feds took his whole organization to trial in the 1980s and lost. Mikey was a class guy in the Godfather mold. Honorable, respectful, and loyal. He approached me as soon as I arrived on the unit and for the next two years I ate with him almost every Sunday.

He would host mini banquets and invite all the Italians on the block to eat pasta with him. And on holidays and special occasions he would hold parties on the block. He was what the other prisoners called a big Willie prisoner. He was definitely living large and held much respect on the pound. He used to tell me if I needed anything to just let him know but I noticed how many dudes asked him for stuff on a daily basis and didn't want to be considered among them so I hardly asked him for anything.

I used to see him on the yard walking with the other wise guys. They would all be up under him seeking his favor and wisdom I guess. Dudes from other units would always be visiting him and paying their respects. He was a very popular guy and influential too. He was in his 60's but in tremendous shape and was really the first real mobster I actually had a friendship with. I would go to him for advice and enjoyed hearing him talk. He was really straight out of the movies and I was always thinking does art imitate life or vice versa.

I remember one time he showed me some information regarding the fine he was assessed to pay the government by the court as part of his sentence. It was a phenomenal amount to say the least but Mikey was questioning the interest on the fine. He showed me how he had paid a certain amount every month for a number of years and then asked me to check the interest. It turned out the government was charging him more for interest then he had paid toward the fine over a number of years and thus the fine was growing larger by the month. "Can you believe that," he told me. "These cocksuckers. They can't charge me like this. That is what I do, charge interest like this, who the fuck do they think they are?" I always thought it was funny that he couldn't believe the government was using his own tactics against him.

Also one time Mikey had a beef with this other old-timer over something and old Mikey was going hard. He had a lock in a sock all up in his cell and told a couple of dudes on the block to look out for this guy in case he decided to creep up on Mikey on the low. Eventually it was squashed but it showed Mikey's true colors. He wasn't afraid to mix it up even at 60 something.

Every new dude that came on the block would try to get up under Mikey but he wasn't no sucker. If he decided a dude was a mooch he would call them out to their face and set them straight quick. And he was an old line convict too that had spent his first years at USP Lewisburg. He had two of his cohorts with him at FCI Fairton too. Mikey Ryan, his right hand man, and Fat Jack, who was Jerry the Jews co-defendant.

I never met Fat Jack but I heard a lot of stories about him from Mike and other dudes on the block plus I read about him in the book, "The Boys from New Jersey." Supposedly Fat Jack was a mob superstar who had appeared on an HBO mafia special and was talking movie and book contracts. Mikey wasn't into that but he allowed Fat Jack his latitude. I always regretted not meeting Fat Jack as everyone told me he was a great guy and hysterical as hell. They said he was a great talker and could talk his way into or out of anything.

Supposedly Mikey had heard that when John Gotti was on his deathbed at the Federal medical center at Springfield, Missouri the only mobster that could gain access to see Gotti was Fat Jack. The word was he sweet talked the warden into letting him visit Gotti as he lay dying one last time. Fat Jack had a lot of medical problems also and that why he was at FMC Springfield, and not at FCI Fairton when I arrived.

I have just been transferred again and can truly say that Mikey Perna is one of the people who I will miss the most at FCI Fairton. He was a gentleman and a class act who taught me a lot about people and myself. He is one of the last of a dying breed. A true mobster who represents the values that Costra Nostra held dear once upon a time. In this new era of the mob it seems they are to worried about publicity and getting that book deal or movie deal. They should just be actors instead of criminals. As Mikey told me once, "This thing, that we had, it was beautiful, but now, it's no more."

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » September 18th, 2010, 3:01 am

everyone here is pumping up who they like, Mayuga - like usual La eme and southern cali mexicans, thewestside and falcuina or whatever- the mafia, FIrst of all it depends what level yard your on and 2nd eastcoast prison is diff. from westcoast prisons, the common shit they have is gangs. AB is organized and ruthless. most of them are lifers, they don't give a fuck about no Italians because they're in the prison system with the majority of whites on the yards they are on tryna be down or down. Mafia has no wins on the west coast or in prison. I remember AB guys laughing about the mafia saying they don't give a damn about them in prison that the prison gangs run that shit not some old italians.

Latins on the east coast have their gangs and went at it with the blacks who were unorganized in Ny. that's where the blood movement started in NY to fight back the latins. Can mafiosis go against thousands of white st thugs, black bloods, and laitn kings, Netas....no, they dont have no wins in prison.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » September 18th, 2010, 3:12 am

that last article you psoted rings true mayuga, I see alot of east coast cats sucking Italian dick.In RI, I was talkin to some black dudes that did bids, and they were tellin me how they looked up to the Italians etc., both the dominicans and the backs looked up to Italians history I guess, top-of-the line gangsters. but that's the East coast, now on the west we don't have that history, LAPD put a foot to the Italian communities ass in the 30's and fucked up a good amount of mobsters who were tryna turn LA into NY #2. The West coast is a street gang world, and it's too big.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » September 18th, 2010, 5:35 am

In the Feds all whites from the east coast try to play mafioso or say they connected some way even if they just met some dude one time in chow in another prison. The real ones dudes from the streets all know eachother and their reps. Italians are there but I doubt they have any real say. They get love I heard from everyone do to their F the goverment stance. Their was a story how all the young brothas in the feds with Gotti got grips of time cuz Gotti was telling them all to fight the goverment. They all wound up losing and catching YEARS. Instead of those plea bargains/. Old School mafioso are well respected because they are in essence the originals and they did what no others have been able to as of yet in the states. But I have also heard that whites like the AB whom have no loyalty and are essentially low budget criminals with no money -look to extort the mafia members in their because they are known to be well off. How many millionaires actually go to prison? In the Mobs case -----many. Locasio-Gotti-Pietera-Salerno-Persico all members of the mob all multimillionaires and all doing life. Could guys in there 70-80 years of age actually compete with woods from essentially the entire southwest? ( being that the whites of the southwest whom have adopted the gang lifestyles of chicanos prison gangs) are pretty much in control of ALL whites nationwide? I pump up the EME because even teh beginings of the AB were formed as a mimick to the EME. The way they represnet -their tattoos and shoot even their slang! ( in the hat" guys a no good"--hes a weasel" touch him up" greenlight" foolio") what whites from other states dont realize is how different people out here are -they are different because of chicanos and not in spite of them.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » September 21st, 2010, 10:36 am

For the record, I'm not here to "pump up" anybody. I simply go with the facts and disagree with those who aren't familiar with the facts or only some of them.

One example are these "the Mafia is dead" articles. In many places, that is certainly true. In other places, not so much. It seems like I'm often encountering people who try to argue one extreme or the other. Either they're saying the mob is dead or they're saying the mob is as powerful as ever. Neither is true. The mob has little to no presence in the western states now. But they still have some presence in the midwest, especially Chicago. Also in Florida. And in the northeast above all, particularly New York.

Another example is mob guys in the prison system. People seem to assume that, because they don't have the sway they once did, they are now sitting ducks to be preyed upon and extorted. There simply isn't much, if any, evidence to back this up. The sitation with Gotti and the AB is debatable at best. And Joey Merlino hired some Mexican guys, when he was down in a Texas prison, to watch his back. People can talk about how they've "heard" this or that all they want. But that doesn't change the fact that there are no concrete examples of even one mob member being shaken down in prison.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » September 21st, 2010, 12:24 pm

Here's a fairly recent article that tells the other side of the story....

Old Mobs Never Die, and Clichéd but Brutal Methods Refuse to Fade Away
By WILLIAM GLABERSON
January 26, 2003

Reports of its death have been greatly exaggerated.

For more than two decades, law enforcement officials have declared that the latest round of mob indictments would put the nail in the coffin of the Mafia.

But as a series of cases now under way in federal court in Brooklyn show, the mob is not ready for burial yet. Its membership is diminished; its top bosses are under arrest and the mistakes of some of its leaders show that it is fraying. Despite all that, as other bands of ethnic criminals come and go, the old Mafia persists.

''As much as we'd like to think we've broken the back of organized crime, we have only stubbed its toe,'' said Robert J. Castelli, a former state police investigator who specialized in the mob and now teaches at Iona College.

The Brooklyn cases provide a vivid picture of the mob as it is today because federal prosecutors there have filed an extraordinary collection of cases over the last year against alleged high-level leaders in each of the five Cosa Nostra families in New York.

Those cases show that what might be called the business model of the Mafia -- what one prosecutor recently described as turning fear into money -- is stubbornly resilient.

To a surprising degree, two decades after the bold racketeering cases of the 1980's, the mob continues to impose a tax of sorts across the region with its grip on legitimate businesses ranging from neighborhood coin laundries to the unions and companies on the New York waterfront.

Mark E. Feldman, the chief of organized crime prosecution for the United States attorney's office in Brooklyn, said the command structure of the mob that permits leadership succession and the Mafia's machinery for illegal profit have made it a durable adversary.

''Above all things, it is a money-making enterprise,'' Mr. Feldman said.

When they filed racketeering charges on Wednesday against the man they said now leads the Colombo family, Joel Cacace, the Brooklyn prosecutors included examples of how the mob works that could have been advanced generations ago.

They described mobsters muscling into legitimate businesses as recently as last year. They said one Colombo crew forced clubs in Brooklyn to buy liquor from organized crime suppliers. They said Colombo men had the owner of a coin laundry threatened and then offered themselves as rescuers -- for a fee, known as protection money.

In a December indictment against Joseph Caridi, the reputed consigliere of the Luchese family, the prosecutors described similarly familiar patterns.

They said the owners of a Long Island restaurant, Hudson & McCoy, were caught last year between people tied to two different Mafia families competing to take control of their business.

The prosecutors recite the mob's hierarchical structure in every case, and they often provide evidence of the fuel they say keeps the families running: violence or the fear of it, secrecy and loyalty.

In wiretapped conversations in the Colombo case, the prosecutors said they caught two underlings talking about how their boss reacted with the fury of an ''animal'' after one of his men was beaten by a man who was balking about repaying a debt.

Without the need to specify mob principles of retaliation, he is said to have assured his men that any insult to one of them was an insult to the boss himself. ''By abusing you, they're abusing me,'' Mr. Cacace is supposed to have said.

The alleged leaders deny the charges and most of them also deny -- as defendants have since mob prosecutions began -- that they are leaders, that there is a crime family or that there is even a Mafia.

Occasionally, the prosecutors' tools, like those of the men they pursue, are so well worn that they seem designed for a perpetual wiseguy war: the bug on the phone, the camera at the wake, the earthy informant.

In the Brooklyn cases, as always in Mafia prosecutions, it is informants who pierce the mob's veil. This month, the Brooklyn prosecutors relied on defectors from the Bonanno family to file charges against its elusive reputed leader, Joseph C. Massino.

Such insiders describe how violence makes the Mafia run. Last week, at the trial of Peter Gotti, who the prosecutors say is now the Gambino boss, the mob snapshot was offered by Joseph DeFede, a former acting boss of the Luchese family who is now cooperating with prosecutors.

Mr. DeFede, a pale grandfather with a perpetual frown, has a gravelly voice that makes him sound like someone imitating Marlon Brando in ''The Godfather.'' He told the jurors that membership in the mob is contingent on a willingness to kill if asked.

He acknowledged that, after a spat with a hotheaded young man at a bagel shop a few years ago, he declined an offer to settle the matter by going around the corner. ''I invite people around the corner,'' he said was his response.

Mr. DeFede said he never touched the young man. But he did acknowledge under cross-examination that the young man ended up dead.

The schemes may be hackneyed, the pledges may seem dated and there is some evidence, in fact, that mob killings may be on the wane. But the prosecutors say that, though battered, the Mafia system still works.

Even if it does rely on cliché. This spring, in their new prosecution of the convicted Genovese boss, Vincent Gigante, who for many years delayed a 1997 conviction by claiming he was mentally ill, the Brooklyn prosecutors are expected to introduce prison surveillance tapes. They say they caught Mr. Gigante mumbling incoherently in the midst of an otherwise lucid conversation. They say he was mimicking his own long ''crazy act.''

In the trial of Peter Gotti now under way, a central assertion of the prosecutors is that Mr. Gotti followed one of those old patterns they have been videotaping for years.

The prosecutors said he regularly went to the middle of nowhere in Queens, waited, got picked up by someone in a car, drove somewhere else and then went for a walk for 10 minutes. This, the prosecutors said, is when he received payoffs that were required tributes to a mob boss.

The defense said there was no evidence that Mr. Gotti was doing anything but taking a walk. This case is not the first one in which that defense has been heard.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/26/nyreg ... hip&st=cse

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » September 21st, 2010, 4:21 pm

In 1990, after Gigante's indictment in the Windows Case, Bellomo was appointed acting boss of the Genovese family. On June 11, 1996, Bellomo was indicted on Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act charges, including the murders of mobster Ralph DeSimone and Antonio DiLorenzo, extortion, and labor racketeering. [3] Dilorenzo was found shot to death in the backyard of his home in West New York, New Jersey. DeSimone was found in the trunk of his car at La Guardia Airport in Queens, shot five times. [4]Both DeSimone and DiLorenzo were murdered because the Genovese leadership thought they were government informants.[5]

Bellomo's lawyers claimed that their client had taken and passed two polygraph tests in which he denied killing anyone. [6] Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agents allegedly shaved Bellomo's head, looking for evidence that Bellomo had used drugs to beat the polygraph machines.

In February 1997, prosecutors dropped the DeSimone and DiLorenzo murder charges and offered Bellomo a chance to plead guilty to extorting payoffs from a construction union and a garbage hauling company. Bellomo accepted the deal and was sentenced to 10 years in prison. [1][7]

[edit] Prison and more indictments
In June 1996, Ida and 19 other Genovese members and associates were charged with violating the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO). The government offered Ida a 15-year plea deal in exchange for cooperation, but Ida refused it. [4] However, fellow mobster Bellomo accepted a plea agreement, reportedly enraging Ida. The FBI was sufficiently concerned about the threat to notify Bellomo's lawyer and to place Bellomo in solitary confinement in jail during the trial.[5]

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » September 21st, 2010, 4:24 pm

Is Barney Bellomo a cooperator>? is he on the outs with the Genovese? Seems like he deliberately took a plea when told not to and took a polygraph denying any part in a few murders. This may be why he enraged Ida. Surely questions were asked to his involvement in the murder and his knowledge of anyone who participated in it. It doesnt look good for him that he would answer questions on a murder his co-defendant( James Ida) was convicted in.