Nortenos in LA/SoCal?

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
MeanMug
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Nortenos in LA/SoCal?

Unread post by MeanMug » August 15th, 2008, 5:56 pm

How did Sureno gangs start in NorCal?? How come there aren't any Norteno gangs in SoCal??

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Re: Nortenos in LA/SoCal?

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 16th, 2008, 8:18 am

There probably are Nortenos in SoCal, but not much to be seen. Surenos started in in the North, because some fools just thought it would be kool to copy some cholos from the South & that's happened even back to the 70's. In a way some aren't even Surenos, if you think about it. Some just moved up North a long time ago. Some are just a group of immigrants that got punked by Nortenos, so they started claiming Sur due to Sur being the enemy of Norte. Sur is way more media & Sur moves way more up North, then North moves to South.

MeanMug
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MeanMug » August 16th, 2008, 8:29 am

yea that makes sense. I actually grew up in the bay area,
and the Surenos from my town were all immagrants and
always got punked by Nortenos. But its just weird how
southerners could still have a presence like its does in
the northern regions. I would of thought the norte's would
just wipe them out...

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 16th, 2008, 8:32 am

Where is it that you're talking about? Some times there's way too many fools claiming Sur for Norte too handle & some times Nortenos let it get out of hand, before they try to do something. Plus a lot of these "Surenos" are just the type to only claim Sur, when they tag up some place & no1 is looking.

MeanMug
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MeanMug » August 16th, 2008, 1:53 pm

Mountain View.
there is MVS - Mountain View Surenos, even some MS13's
Norte's was always squabin with the Sur's in high school.
and MVS ran a part of MV at one point California Street
between Rengstorff and San Antonio for some time.

I actually move away about 10 years ago, so not sure if
its the same politics out there.

and i remember back in 97' me and some homies got rolled
up on by some surenos is Santa Cruz. they was hella deep too.
had no idea they existed there.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » August 16th, 2008, 6:26 pm

There are no active Nortenos in LA. But it should also be noted that there are also countless LA based Sureno gangs no longer active in LA, due to losing their territory to bigger and more powerful gangs.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 17th, 2008, 8:03 pm

MeanMug wrote:Mountain View.
there is MVS - Mountain View Surenos, even some MS13's
Norte's was always squabin with the Sur's in high school.
and MVS ran a part of MV at one point California Street
between Rengstorff and San Antonio for some time.

I actually move away about 10 years ago, so not sure if
its the same politics out there.

and i remember back in 97' me and some homies got rolled
up on by some surenos is Santa Cruz. they was hella deep too.
had no idea they existed there.
I was wondering if MS was around there some where, cuzz I think I saw MS tagging in MV or EPA. I know some times VMV didn't seem to be taking care of business & it seemed like a lot of heads didn't like Nortenos over there, but some did & some liked Surenos.

TVo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Orange County

Unread post by TVo » August 19th, 2008, 9:50 am

I'm from Sunnyvale and we squabbed from VMV for decades. Those dudes got a bad rep by always talking shit when they were out of Mountain View. We knew we were from a smaller town compared to San Jo, so we didn't talk shit but we were proud and told people where we were from but kept the level of respect. Most of veteranos of VMV no longer exist. Moved out due to gentrification or got locked up. Last I heard the Sunnyvale Nortenos, VVS, who are larger in numbers, combined with the mountain view homies to eradicted the sureno presence in Mountain View and Sunnyvale.

sparkdatshit
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by sparkdatshit » October 30th, 2008, 12:52 am

MeanMug wrote:How did Sureno gangs start in NorCal?? How come there aren't any Norteno gangs in SoCal??
Sur hoods started up north a couple of ways. One way is surenos moving up north and starting clicks. Another is paisas and recent immigrants who got punked on by nortenos started claiming sur. Either way there's a notable Sureno presence in the North.

There aren't any norteno hoods in southern California because its to densely populated with surenos. even the smallest city's down here have at least 2-3 neighborhoods. Some city's have as many as 25+ active gangs each with its own clicks and big population to recruit from. Some even like to argue that because of the level of violence surenos are used to, nortenos just wouldn't be able to hang.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » October 30th, 2008, 12:53 pm

sparkdatshit wrote:
MeanMug wrote:How did Sureno gangs start in NorCal?? How come there aren't any Norteno gangs in SoCal??
Sur hoods started up north a couple of ways. One way is surenos moving up north and starting clicks. Another is paisas and recent immigrants who got punked on by nortenos started claiming sur. Either way there's a notable Sureno presence in the North.

There aren't any norteno hoods in southern California because its to densely populated with surenos. even the smallest city's down here have at least 2-3 neighborhoods. Some city's have as many as 25+ active gangs each with its own clicks and big population to recruit from. Some even like to argue that because of the level of violence surenos are used to, nortenos just wouldn't be able to hang.
The q was already answered. Guess you just want to throw in Nortenos ain't in the South, cuzz you think it's all due to it being so deep w/Surenos.

riverside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: the dukes

Unread post by riverside » October 30th, 2008, 3:21 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:
sparkdatshit wrote:

The q was already answered. Guess you just want to throw in Nortenos ain't in the South, cuzz you think it's all due to it being so deep w/Surenos.

what other reason is there. and i might add that some paisas get punked by southsiders too. but they aint starting any norte gangs down here. why do you think that is.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » October 31st, 2008, 8:47 pm

"riverside" Maybe I thought you just meant individual Nortenos & not Norteno hoods. You do have a point & I did mention some things that have affected why it is the way it is. Some shot callers even said for ene's not to move down there & try to take over spots, like Surenos do up here. The South works a lil different from the North.

riverside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by riverside » November 1st, 2008, 10:32 am

MMRbkaRudog wrote:"riverside" Maybe I thought you just meant individual Nortenos & not Norteno hoods. You do have a point & I did mention some things that have affected why it is the way it is. Some shot callers even said for ene's not to move down there & try to take over spots, like Surenos do up here. The South works a lil different from the North.

oh, i guess that would explain it. so why do you think they tell them not to. i mean, they just dont feel the need to expand or they dont want to spread themselves too thin?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » November 1st, 2008, 11:30 am

riverside wrote:
MMRbkaRudog wrote:"riverside" Maybe I thought you just meant individual Nortenos & not Norteno hoods. You do have a point & I did mention some things that have affected why it is the way it is. Some shot callers even said for ene's not to move down there & try to take over spots, like Surenos do up here. The South works a lil different from the North.

oh, i guess that would explain it. so why do you think they tell them not to. i mean, they just dont feel the need to expand or they dont want to spread themselves too thin?
Why go down there & try to take over, when Surenos are already killing themselves?

riverside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by riverside » November 1st, 2008, 4:04 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:
riverside wrote:

Why go down there & try to take over, when Surenos are already killing themselves?

so than they wont think of it from a strategic standpoint, i mean, there's money to be had everywhere. and by what your saying nortenos do go at it with eachother? plus, i think the we the biggest thing we do is go at it with the negros. who do nortes go at it with, i mean, before the southsiders went up there?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » November 1st, 2008, 4:23 pm

What do you mean they won't look at it as a strategic stand point? If you're talking about money, then you just said money is to be had everywhere & that would mean you can make money without moving somewhere else. I didn't say anything about Nortenos going at it with each other & if you are just asking, then definately not as much as before. "South Siders" been up here for a long time, there's been Nortenos that have gone to the South to make money & it's nothing new. A lot of times there was peace even way back in the days of gangs, except for maybe some fights over what ever. I think some gangs were on the racial tip, or some other kind of hate.

riverside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by riverside » November 1st, 2008, 5:40 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:What do you mean they won't look at it as a strategic stand point? If you're talking about money, then you just said money is to be had everywhere & that would mean you can make money without moving somewhere else. I didn't say anything about Nortenos going at it with each other & if you are just asking, then definately not as much as before. "South Siders" been up here for a long time, there's been Nortenos that have gone to the South to make money & it's nothing new. A lot of times there was peace even way back in the days of gangs, except for maybe some fights over what ever. I think some gangs were on the racial tip, or some other kind of hate.
to tell you the truth i didnt know southsiders been up there that long, i was thinking ten years, at least on the level you see know, with all the media hype you get nowadays they make it seem like its some invasion thats just occuring. and ya, you can make money without movin, but if you contain yourself within a certain area, then your bound to limit your profits. but i guess alot of it has to do with the vatos making the money.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » November 2nd, 2008, 4:10 pm

riverside wrote:
MMRbkaRudog wrote:What do you mean they won't look at it as a strategic stand point? If you're talking about money, then you just said money is to be had everywhere & that would mean you can make money without moving somewhere else. I didn't say anything about Nortenos going at it with each other & if you are just asking, then definately not as much as before. "South Siders" been up here for a long time, there's been Nortenos that have gone to the South to make money & it's nothing new. A lot of times there was peace even way back in the days of gangs, except for maybe some fights over what ever. I think some gangs were on the racial tip, or some other kind of hate.
to tell you the truth i didnt know southsiders been up there that long, i was thinking ten years, at least on the level you see know, with all the media hype you get nowadays they make it seem like its some invasion thats just occuring. and ya, you can make money without movin, but if you contain yourself within a certain area, then your bound to limit your profits. but i guess alot of it has to do with the vatos making the money.
Well the level diffentely has changed. California is a big place, with money to be made in a lot of it.

SilentWest
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SilentWest » November 21st, 2008, 10:00 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:
sparkdatshit wrote:

It gets just as crazy or even crazier in the North in terms of the violence.

Another reason is NORTHERN CALIFORNIA residents in general don't tend to move down south where it would be a shit hole for most people.

LeftSideOfMap
What city do you live in now?: L.A.

Unread post by LeftSideOfMap » November 22nd, 2009, 2:51 pm

if u can imagine a norteno varrio trying to set up shop in any part of L.A. there will probably be a short truce among L.A. gangs to get rid of Nortenos -- thats one thing they all got in common

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » November 24th, 2009, 9:48 pm

LeftSideOfMap wrote:if u can imagine a norteno varrio trying to set up shop in any part of L.A. there will probably be a short truce among L.A. gangs to get rid of Nortenos -- thats one thing they all got in common

LOL Florencia's and SS38st killing WITH eachother to get rid of SSLA14ers LOL!

LeftSideOfMap
What city do you live in now?: L.A.

Unread post by LeftSideOfMap » November 26th, 2009, 1:17 am

youngspade wrote:
LeftSideOfMap wrote:if u can imagine a norteno varrio trying to set up shop in any part of L.A. there will probably be a short truce among L.A. gangs to get rid of Nortenos -- thats one thing they all got in common

yeah, sounds crazy to imagine SoXLos and F13, or f13 and 38st, or Clanton14st and 36st, getting together for anything, but i think they got to only for this purpose. u hear all this SUR talk, well yeah, thats what it all comes down to with a lot, not all, of them vatos

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra

Unread post by MCD » December 9th, 2009, 2:44 pm

LeftSideOfMap wrote:
youngspade wrote:

yeah, sounds crazy to imagine SoXLos and F13, or f13 and 38st, or Clanton14st and 36st, getting together for anything, but i think they got to only for this purpose. u hear all this SUR talk, well yeah, thats what it all comes down to with a lot, not all, of them vatos
It's like all them LA rappers who talk about killing other surenos but as soon as north comes up its "FUCK CHAPETES, ORGULLO SURENO ESE" lol

Hamburger
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Unread post by Hamburger » June 24th, 2010, 4:11 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:
riverside wrote:

A G I LIKE YOUR POINT OF VIEW FOR REAL. NORTENOS ARE ALL UNITED WHITT THEMSELVES. THEYRE ALL FLAMED UP TOGETHER THEY DONT GO AT IT RED ON RED LIKE THEY DID YEARS AGO. I HEARD THEY GOT BAD ASS GUNS TOO BECAUSE THE U.S. NAVY BASE IS NOT FAR FROM THEM. BUT ITS TRUE I NEVER THOUGHT IT THAT WAY. ON THE REAL WHY WOULD THEY WANNA COME DOWN HERE IF US SOUTHSIDERS KILL OURSELVES WORSER THAN DAMN CANCER. IT REALLY DOES MAKE SENSE. NORTENOS AND SURENOS DO HAVE A FEW THINGS IN COMMON. ONE IS THAT THEY ALL GANG BANG EXCEPT NORTENOS DONT KILL THEMSELVES. AND TWO IS THAT WE BOTH BELIEVE IN THE AZTEC RITUAL AND CULTURE. THE ONLY DIFFRENCE IS THAT NORTENOS WEAR RED AND THEY ACT LIKE N----S AND US SURENOS KILL EACH OTHER AND WE STARTED ALL THIS GANG SHIT SINCE THE PACHUCOS WAY BEFORE THE BLOODS N THE CRIPS AND WE'RE THE DEEPEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 25th, 2010, 12:38 pm

^ Well some of your kind wears red & act like n's, but I'll admit that it may not be as much as n's do (can't say 4 sure). Gangs existed long ago, but I agree w/everything else you said.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » June 25th, 2010, 6:11 pm

Hamburger wrote: A G I LIKE YOUR POINT OF VIEW FOR REAL. NORTENOS ARE ALL UNITED WHITT THEMSELVES. THEYRE ALL FLAMED UP TOGETHER THEY DONT GO AT IT RED ON RED LIKE THEY DID YEARS AGO. I HEARD THEY GOT BAD ASS GUNS TOO BECAUSE THE U.S. NAVY BASE IS NOT FAR FROM THEM. BUT ITS TRUE I NEVER THOUGHT IT THAT WAY. ON THE REAL WHY WOULD THEY WANNA COME DOWN HERE IF US SOUTHSIDERS KILL OURSELVES WORSER THAN DAMN CANCER. IT REALLY DOES MAKE SENSE. NORTENOS AND SURENOS DO HAVE A FEW THINGS IN COMMON. ONE IS THAT THEY ALL GANG BANG EXCEPT NORTENOS DONT KILL THEMSELVES. AND TWO IS THAT WE BOTH BELIEVE IN THE AZTEC RITUAL AND CULTURE. THE ONLY DIFFRENCE IS THAT NORTENOS WEAR RED AND THEY ACT LIKE N----S AND US SURENOS KILL EACH OTHER AND WE STARTED ALL THIS GANG SHIT SINCE THE PACHUCOS WAY BEFORE THE BLOODS N THE CRIPS AND WE'RE THE DEEPEST!!!!!!!!!!!!
they were bein strapped by the Navy base? How the hell they pull that off

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » June 25th, 2010, 8:41 pm

MCD wrote:
Hamburger wrote: A G I LIKE YOUR POINT OF VIEW FOR REAL. NORTENOS ARE ALL UNITED WHITT THEMSELVES. THEYRE ALL FLAMED UP TOGETHER THEY DONT GO AT IT RED ON RED LIKE THEY DID YEARS AGO. I HEARD THEY GOT BAD ASS GUNS TOO BECAUSE THE U.S. NAVY BASE IS NOT FAR FROM THEM. BUT ITS TRUE I NEVER THOUGHT IT THAT WAY. ON THE REAL WHY WOULD THEY WANNA COME DOWN HERE IF US SOUTHSIDERS KILL OURSELVES WORSER THAN DAMN CANCER. IT REALLY DOES MAKE SENSE. NORTENOS AND SURENOS DO HAVE A FEW THINGS IN COMMON. ONE IS THAT THEY ALL GANG BANG EXCEPT NORTENOS DONT KILL THEMSELVES. AND TWO IS THAT WE BOTH BELIEVE IN THE AZTEC RITUAL AND CULTURE. THE ONLY DIFFRENCE IS THAT NORTENOS WEAR RED AND THEY ACT LIKE N----S AND US SURENOS KILL EACH OTHER AND WE STARTED ALL THIS GANG SHIT SINCE THE PACHUCOS WAY BEFORE THE BLOODS N THE CRIPS AND WE'RE THE DEEPEST!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just how florencia had/has members in the marines!

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MCD » June 27th, 2010, 3:03 pm

youngspade wrote:
MCD wrote:
I'm pretty soldiers can't keep their service weapons anymore, at least my friend in the army couldn't so they must have had some crazy hook up in the base or they jus picked up knowledge on where to buy em underground. They weren't robbin a navy base that's for sure.

Hamburger
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Unread post by Hamburger » June 29th, 2010, 3:14 pm

youngspade wrote:
MCD wrote:
NO WHAT I MEANT TO SAY IS THAT THE NORTENOS ARE REAL CLOSE TO THE U.S. NAVY BASE. THEY COME UP ON THE GUNS OR SOME S--T. THEY STEAL THE GUNS AND THEY SLING HIM ALL AROUND THEIR SIDE. THATS WHY I HEARD FROM GENTE FROM THAT AREA. THEY GOT IT GOOD WHITT GUNS CUZ THEY STEAL THEM FROM THE NAVY BASE THATS IN NORTHERN CALI. THE GOVERNMENT AINT GOIN TO HELP THE GANGMEMBERS OUT WHITT GUNS (I WISH THEY DID) MAYBE WE WOULDNT HAVE SUCH HARD TIME GETTING THEM NOWADAYS. THE REAL WAY TO GET A GUN IS TO STEAL ONE. THATS THE BOTTOMLINE.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » July 12th, 2010, 12:23 am

Hamburger wrote:
A G I LIKE YOUR POINT OF VIEW FOR REAL. NORTENOS ARE ALL UNITED WHITT THEMSELVES. THEYRE ALL FLAMED UP TOGETHER THEY DONT GO AT IT RED ON RED LIKE THEY DID YEARS AGO. I HEARD THEY GOT BAD ASS GUNS TOO BECAUSE THE U.S. NAVY BASE IS NOT FAR FROM THEM. BUT ITS TRUE I NEVER THOUGHT IT THAT WAY. ON THE REAL WHY WOULD THEY WANNA COME DOWN HERE IF US SOUTHSIDERS KILL OURSELVES WORSER THAN DAMN CANCER. IT REALLY DOES MAKE SENSE. NORTENOS AND SURENOS DO HAVE A FEW THINGS IN COMMON. ONE IS THAT THEY ALL GANG BANG EXCEPT NORTENOS DONT KILL THEMSELVES. AND TWO IS THAT WE BOTH BELIEVE IN THE AZTEC RITUAL AND CULTURE. THE ONLY DIFFRENCE IS THAT NORTENOS WEAR RED AND THEY ACT LIKE N----S AND US SURENOS KILL EACH OTHER AND WE STARTED ALL THIS GANG SHIT SINCE THE PACHUCOS WAY BEFORE THE BLOODS N THE CRIPS AND WE'RE THE DEEPEST!!!!!!!!!!!!
You don't know anything about Aztec culture.

scrub1819
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Unread post by scrub1819 » July 19th, 2010, 1:09 pm

lmao i was thinking the same thing

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 8th, 2010, 1:07 pm

My homie said he saw a homeboy in SD when he went to do a job & the homeboy was wearing his colors too. Knew about San Jo & everything, but my homie didn't talk to him much.