Genovese Hood becomes 5th mafia snitch

American organized crime groups included traditional groups such as La Cosa Nostra & the Italian Mafia to modern groups such as Black Mafia Family. Discuss the most organized criminal groups in the United States including gangs in Canada.
Forum rules
This section discusses organized crime groups in the US and Canadian street gangs.
mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Genovese Hood becomes 5th mafia snitch

Unread post by mayugastank » October 12th, 2010, 6:53 am

Another high ranking member of the Genovese crime family has turned rat. Felix L. Tranghese who the Fed’s say held the rank of capo in the Genovese family up until 2006 when the new upcoming powers that be in the family put him out to pasture. He was still arrested in July along with fellow mobsters on charges of a murder for hire plot to kill Adolfo “Big Al” Bruno. Bruno was killed amid a internal family war in the Genovese family back in 2003.

Tranghese was arrested along with Ty Geas and both men were charged in connection with the murder. They were arrested along with Emilio Fusco a convicted racketeer who was captured in Italy. There were seven made men and connected guys arrested in total during the investigation into the Bruno murder. Also charged in the case were Frankie A. Roche who admitted to being the shooter, Fotios Geas a mafia enforcer, Arthur “Artie” Nigro Genovese boss in New York, and Anthony J. Arillotta a Genovese capo who set up the hit to become Bruno’s successor.

A day after his arraignment on murder charges in March Arillotta mysteriously disappeared from the prison system. There was no work from law enforcement as to his location and he missed subsequent court appearances. It has now been leaked by people close to the case that Arillotta had already turned rat and was supplying the Fed’s with information. Now it seems that Tranghese has followed down the same path as Arillotta. Tranghese was arraigned in New York in August and then listed as being “released” by the Bureau of Prisons the day after. But now neither prison officials , law enforcement , or Tranghese’s lawyer will provide any information on his where bouts.

Tranghese now off the radar along with Arillotta were both no shows at the most recent pretrial hearings in court on August 26 but all of the other defendants were required to appear. The lawyer for Fotios Geas said in an interview that ” they didn’t know that Tranghese had turned rat until the latest court date” , he also said that “ We were not all that surprised , we were told to possibly expect that from him”. The original trial date for this case has been pushed back from November to March of next year because of all of the piling on of new defendants and charges being added with incoming information from the new informants.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Genovese Hood becomes 5th mafia snitch

Unread post by mayugastank » October 12th, 2010, 6:55 am

Look for Arturo Nigro to be next in line to testify against the family. He is said to be in isolation at the moment and has refused to meet his lawyer. Awaiting confirmation that the BOSS OF THE GENOVESE FLIPS.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » October 12th, 2010, 2:28 pm

mayugastank wrote:Look for Arturo Nigro to be next in line to testify against the family. He is said to be in isolation at the moment and has refused to meet his lawyer. Awaiting confirmation that the BOSS OF THE GENOVESE FLIPS.
First, Nigro was only the acting boss for a time. Not the official boss.

Second, where have you read Nigro is in isolation and refusing to meet with his lawyer?

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » October 12th, 2010, 3:59 pm

thewestside wrote:
mayugastank wrote:Look for Arturo Nigro to be next in line to testify against the family. He is said to be in isolation at the moment and has refused to meet his lawyer. Awaiting confirmation that the BOSS OF THE GENOVESE FLIPS.
First, Nigro was only the acting boss for a time. Not the official boss.

Second, where have you read Nigro is in isolation and refusing to meet with his lawyer?

Where I always do -different places! His next court date will be in a few weeks and he will show up with no lawyer as his lawyer dropped him recently a sign he is cooperating he was also listed as absent at his last court date-a sure sign he is cooperating. He has court shortly and then it will be known to everyone that he has officially flipped. But till then ---no solid information.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » October 12th, 2010, 4:05 pm

The real question should be why didnt you know?

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » October 12th, 2010, 8:32 pm

So do you have any kind of a source or not? I ask because you have a history of coming up with bogus information from God knows where.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » October 12th, 2010, 9:47 pm

thewestside wrote:So do you have any kind of a source or not? I ask because you have a history of coming up with bogus information from God knows where.

I never have BOGUS information-did you know about this Felix Tranghese genovese soldier? You didnt post it-The only situation I can think of you saying I have bogus info--is the Anthony Senter thing and honestly that is still a possibility and somehow it got pulled---when I knew I should have saved it.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » October 13th, 2010, 12:12 am

mayugastank wrote:I never have BOGUS information-did you know about this Felix Tranghese genovese soldier? You didnt post it-The only situation I can think of you saying I have bogus info--is the Anthony Senter thing and honestly that is still a possibility and somehow it got pulled---when I knew I should have saved it.
You never have bogus info? Could have fooled me.

The flipping of Felix Tranghese, was identified as a captain in the recent indictment, is old news. We - or should I say you? - were saying that Artie Nigro will be next to flip because he's in solitary and has been dropped by his lawyer. I'm still waiting for any source for that because that's news to me. And I haven't seen any mention of it in the news, on other forums, or anywhere else.

The Anthony Senter thing is not a possibility. He's been in prison for a long time, and will die there, and there would be nothing he could give at this point by which he could cut a deal.

Elimu
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Columbus

Unread post by Elimu » October 14th, 2010, 11:05 am

thewestside wrote:
mayugastank wrote:I never have BOGUS information-did you know about this Felix Tranghese genovese soldier? You didnt post it-The only situation I can think of you saying I have bogus info--is the Anthony Senter thing and honestly that is still a possibility and somehow it got pulled---when I knew I should have saved it.
You never have bogus info? Could have fooled me.

The flipping of Felix Tranghese, was identified as a captain in the recent indictment, is old news. We - or should I say you? - were saying that Artie Nigro will be next to flip because he's in solitary and has been dropped by his lawyer. I'm still waiting for any source for that because that's news to me. And I haven't seen any mention of it in the news, on other forums, or anywhere else.

The Anthony Senter thing is not a possibility. He's been in prison for a long time, and will die there, and there would be nothing he could give at this point by which he could cut a deal.
Have there ever been a member of a crime family kicked out the organization?

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » October 14th, 2010, 11:50 am

Elimu wrote:Have there ever been a member of a crime family kicked out the organization?
Once a guy becomes a made member, it is permanent until he either dies or flips. Even guys who basically retire or are, in some other way, inactive are still members. The closest thing is when some members, as punishment for this or that, get put on "the shelf." That means that, while they are still technically made, they are no longer able to be active in operations of the family.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » October 14th, 2010, 4:39 pm

Felix Traghese was shelved. I guess it wasnt too surprising to have him flip as it was expected. I am waiting for a big Genovese bust here shortly although the Genovese who have flipped have all come from New England and not NYC. Artie Nigro and others are sure to at least catch some charges from Felix and Ariolotta flipping. I mean Felix had many years in the family and am sure he knows alot about how did what and when. Even in NYC. Do we know when they were made? whether they served in NYC ever and who were they close to that could see charges coming? Also this guy who fled to Italy is probable going to flip himself/he wouldnt have run if he was ready to serve time-he obviously values his freedom and would probably do anything to get it. We'll see. Look for the ball to start rolling and Genovese to start rolling. Its apparent its already begun.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » October 14th, 2010, 7:28 pm

mayugastank wrote:Felix Traghese was shelved. I guess it wasnt too surprising to have him flip as it was expected. I am waiting for a big Genovese bust here shortly although the Genovese who have flipped have all come from New England and not NYC. Artie Nigro and others are sure to at least catch some charges from Felix and Ariolotta flipping. I mean Felix had many years in the family and am sure he knows alot about how did what and when. Even in NYC. Do we know when they were made? whether they served in NYC ever and who were they close to that could see charges coming? Also this guy who fled to Italy is probable going to flip himself/he wouldnt have run if he was ready to serve time-he obviously values his freedom and would probably do anything to get it. We'll see. Look for the ball to start rolling and Genovese to start rolling. Its apparent its already begun.
It's still not totally clear why the Genovese leadership in New York allowed a relatively young upstart like Arilotta take out Bruno. Yes, a lot of people weren't happy with Bruno but I'm not sure why they felt they could trust a guy like Arilotta. I'm surprised the guy was even made into that family in the first place. It was no surprise when the gunman, Frankie Roche, flipped. Then the Arilotta and the Geas brothers were arrested. And then Tranghese and Nigro were as well. And now Arilotta and Tranghese have flipped.

But I think that's where it will pretty much end. The only top NY guy involved in all this is Nigro. But he is a pretty big catch. He's in what is probably the family's most powerful crew, the East-Harlem/Bronx crew that was ran by Barney Bellomo and Fat Tony Salerno before him. Over the last 15 years most of the Genovese acting bosses, including Nigro, have come from that crew. Tranghese is an old timer who likely knows a lot of stuff but he's always been based in the family's Springfield crew. So it's questionable how much he, or anyone else up in Massachusetts, really knows about the family's powerbase in New York. Now, if Nigro himself were to flip, that would be something. But I don't expect that will happen.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » October 14th, 2010, 11:31 pm

Nigro is facing an almost 100% chance of conviction --Ariolotta is the key in getting him arrested for that murder in the first place--whether he catches murder in the first or conspiracy he will probably DIE in prison. His get out of jail card is at his celldoor at not a many man could refuse an offer like that. Traghese was shelved and its probably why he felt no loyalty to NY or the family. As far as Bruno I have read different accounts some listing him as a Genovese others merely as an associate. The reasons are sure to come out -but I see a big indictment in the works-anyway possible-even on the flimsiest evidence. I mean Ariolotta had guy killed by merely asked permission from Nigro and now Nigro is facing murder charges. Nigro has the door open at anytime and people facing alot less beef have run cold. Do we know Nigros history? If he has family members in LCN-his rackets and his priors? I find that usually a guy has a hard time flipping if he also has family in the LCN--like Vincent Carfaro who tried to renige on his deal with the feds due to his MADE son not cooperating even after being told he would likely be killed. He provided some info but nothing too damaging.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » October 15th, 2010, 12:29 pm

mayugastank wrote:Nigro is facing an almost 100% chance of conviction --Ariolotta is the key in getting him arrested for that murder in the first place--whether he catches murder in the first or conspiracy he will probably DIE in prison. His get out of jail card is at his celldoor at not a many man could refuse an offer like that. Traghese was shelved and its probably why he felt no loyalty to NY or the family.
Over the past 20 years there have been numerous Genovese guys who have chosen prison, including a life sentence, rather than flipping.
As far as Bruno I have read different accounts some listing him as a Genovese others merely as an associate.

He was definitely a member. And a captain.

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Kentucky
What city do you live in now?: GO BIG BLUE

Unread post by doobeez » March 4th, 2012, 12:33 pm

:lol:

Really? The Little Guy got Life. Members in the Genovese Family generally take plea deals to try and avoid as many court appearances as possible. In fact, going to trial can be fatal.

And to the poster above who mentioned Felix Traghese being shelved, I'll remind you of a quote the Chin:

"We don't break our Captains. We kill them."

He flipped to keep from being murdered.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » March 4th, 2012, 9:49 pm

Nigro won't flip. He would have done it by now. That's the difference between the Genovese family and the other NY families. Arilotta and Tranghese up in Springfield flipped, and they helped take down Nigro, but that's where it ended. There was no ongoing domino effect like there has been in the other families.

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by doobeez » March 5th, 2012, 10:50 am

thewestside wrote:Nigro won't flip. He would have done it by now. That's the difference between the Genovese family and the other NY families. Arilotta and Tranghese up in Springfield flipped, and they helped take down Nigro, but that's where it ended. There was no ongoing domino effect like there has been in the other families.

Great point.

And if you notice, none of the NYC based Genovese flip. Take a plea, do your bid, and be done with it.

The name escapes me now, but the last NYC Genovese soldier to flip (2004 maybe?) got clipped.

thewestside
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by thewestside » March 5th, 2012, 10:34 pm

doobeez wrote:
The name escapes me now, but the last NYC Genovese soldier to flip (2004 maybe?) got clipped.
You may be referring to George Barone. He died, wasn't clipped. But it was Al Bruno, from up in Springfield, who was killed once he was suspected of being a rat. Larry Ricci was killed but it was because he would't take a plea deal.

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by doobeez » March 6th, 2012, 8:55 am

thewestside wrote:
doobeez wrote:
You may be referring to George Barone. He died, wasn't clipped. But it was Al Bruno, from up in Springfield, who was killed once he was suspected of being a rat. Larry Ricci was killed but it was because he would't take a plea deal.

Thanks for clearing that up.

IIRC, the idea of Ricci being at the defendent's table with a couple of Union guys wasn't exactly what the Genovese had in mind.

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by doobeez » March 6th, 2012, 1:27 pm

2005 - Genovese capo Lawrence Ricci vanishes on Oct. 7 while on trial in Brooklyn Federal Court. His body is found the next month in the trunk of a car parked outside the Huck Finn diner in New Jersey.