Europe Tower bLocks(projects for americans)

There has been an increase in gang and youth groups in many Western European cities that have seen an influx of immigrants. There is also a significant organized crime coming from Eastern Europe In this section discuss Austria [Österreich], Denmark [ Danmark], England, France [FRANSS], Finland, Germany [Deutschland], Greece [Ελληνική, Elliniki], Ireland, Italy [italiana], Netherlands [Nederland], Norway [Norge], Rossiyskaya], Scotland, Spain [España] Sweden [Sverige] and the UK including any place on the Western European continent.
Forum rules
Discuss anything about Western European street gangs and organized crime.
londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Europe Tower bLocks(projects for americans)

Unread post by londonpride » December 27th, 2010, 6:44 pm

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthrea ... 485&page=6 some good pics of uk one here.Computers a lil fucked at moment so i cant upload pics.

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Europe Tower bLocks(projects for americans)

Unread post by londonpride » December 27th, 2010, 8:40 pm

Aylesbury estate South London

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » December 28th, 2010, 2:23 am

Berlin

londonpride
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by londonpride » December 30th, 2010, 9:04 pm

Ferrier estate

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

Unread post by punamusta » January 1st, 2011, 7:28 am

Finland has many suburbs looking like those Berlin blocks, but of course not as big areas. But the architecture is taken from DDR, so that's why they look the same. Like this:

From the city of Tampere:

From the city of Vantaa:

From the city of Espoo:

Basically every Finnish suburb has an area with houses like these. And all built on the 70's. And to make it clear, in Finland the suburbs are the places for poor people while inner city is for the wealthier people.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » January 1st, 2011, 7:33 am

And here's something from the suburb of Lasnamäe in Tallinn, Estonia:

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » May 26th, 2011, 1:32 pm

What's the ethnic make up of these tower blocks? Immigrants or native? I'm guessing in Germany and France it's mostly immigrant, in E. Europe it's native and in the UK it's both.

Hamburg

Unread post by Hamburg » May 26th, 2011, 2:01 pm

Silencioso wrote:What's the ethnic make up of these tower blocks? Immigrants or native? I'm guessing in Germany and France it's mostly immigrant, in E. Europe it's native and in the UK it's both.
In Western Germany it´s usually pretty mixed up, lots of Germans as well in these blocks. Eastern Germany has a lot more of these areas and due to the fact that in communist times (i.e. until 20 years ago) it used to be a privilege to live in one of these new buildings many of them aren´t even considered to be be bad neighbourhoods. But then again there ain´t to many immigrants in Eastern Germany either...
Even with places like Marzahn in East-Berlin which has a bad or rough reputation you have to take in account that in Marzahn theres like 250.000 people living, with the vast majority of them being normal folk.

France might be a different story though.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » May 28th, 2011, 8:00 am

Silencioso wrote:What's the ethnic make up of these tower blocks? Immigrants or native? I'm guessing in Germany and France it's mostly immigrant, in E. Europe it's native and in the UK it's both.
In Finland it's mostly natives. At most there's like 25% immigrants and 75% natives in these suburbs, but usually even less immigrants than that. In Estonia (I don't know much about the rest of the Baltics) it's mostly Russians (or russian speaking Estonians), but also native Estonians.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » May 29th, 2011, 7:55 am

Hamburg wrote: Even with places like Marzahn in East-Berlin which has a bad or rough reputation you have to take in account that in Marzahn theres like 250.000 people living, with the vast majority of them being normal folk.
Marzahn is the biggest tower block/housing project in all of Europe.
Heres a rap video shot there, you can see who is living there. You probably know it Hamburg. ; )

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » May 30th, 2011, 1:14 am

Sentenza,

That was actually a pretty cool video. Is that a common thing in Germany? German kids into lowriders and the whole L.A. gang style?
I've never seen anything like that before from Europe.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » May 30th, 2011, 8:56 am

Silencioso wrote:Sentenza,

That was actually a pretty cool video. Is that a common thing in Germany? German kids into lowriders and the whole L.A. gang style?
I'm not Sentenza, but I didn't spot anything "L.A. gang style" on that video..... They even had a Trabant there on the background - a classic Eastern Germany car along with Wartburg :D

But yea, pretty nice video!

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » May 30th, 2011, 12:11 pm

Silencioso wrote:Sentenza,

Joe Rilla is an Ex Hooligan. He was in Jail for attempted murder i think and most of the people in the video are from those circles too.
Like Punamusta said, its on the Eastside of Berlin, the former communist part and you can tell by the cars they display in the video.
I would say the lowrider stuff is popular, but not too widespread, cause american cars are inafordable here due to gas prices around 8$ a gallon and we have our own german cars.
You will find the lowrider stuff mostly in biker circles. Check out this Video, also from my city.

But the american east coast/west coast style definitely has had an impact on youth culture here.
This video shows it impressingly, listen to the G-Funk sound.

Heres some more rap from "tower block" areas in my city:

Märkisches Viertel in northern Berlin:

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » May 31st, 2011, 7:34 am

Sentenza wrote:
Joe Rilla is an Ex Hooligan. He was in Jail for attempted murder i think and most of the people in the video are from those circles too.
You know, my first thought when watching that video was "some kind of German hooligan rap", but I didn't know such thing really existed. But as I said it before: nice video!
Damn!! Now this is something completelly new for me. Very nice! SYLB. What they are saying in the song?

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » May 31st, 2011, 11:29 am

punamusta wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
You know, my first thought when watching that video was "some kind of German hooligan rap", but I didn't know such thing really existed. But as I said it before: nice video!
Damn!! Now this is something completelly new for me. Very nice! SYLB. What they are saying in the song?
1st guy:

Berlin is my city, the place of my upbringing,
it has many faces, but most of them cry,
depressed from the burden they carry, only 1 out of 1000 who makes it to the top,
in this city, you lose everything without money, in this city you can make lots of money without a job,
get punched in the face for no reason, living in this city is not healthy for many people,
and for this reason many people refuse to understand why we love this city so much,
give everything for it, experience everything in it, love and hate, joy and pain,
everything else isnt important, many cultures are living together here in narrow space,
are rooted in this city through their pride like a tree,
what is my city going to be, i want to live and die here

and so on....

of course it rhymes in german

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » May 31st, 2011, 11:38 am

btw. it seems to be some kind of trend in the german hip hop scene to show up in videos with motorcycle clubs...

if you take a look at the background you see "81" supporter t shirts, which stands for Hells Angels (letter 8 and letter 1 in the alphabet)

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » June 1st, 2011, 12:57 pm

Big thanks of the translations, Sentenza!
Sentenza wrote:btw. it seems to be some kind of trend in the german hip hop scene to show up in videos with motorcycle clubs...

if you take a look at the background you see "81" supporter t shirts, which stands for Hells Angels (letter 8 and letter 1 in the alphabet)
Nice! You know, I have a little problem watching European videos with Bloods or Crips promoting, but I understand these kind of videos where people show ties to biker clubs. These clubs have been here for long, long time, but those Bloods and Crips things are just learned via MTV and movies. It's more like fashion, where instead these biker clubs are real thing. Also here in Finland one record label used to have ties to HA and the HA members were often seen in the parties organized by that label. And one HA member has featured on some Finnish rap songs, etc...

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » June 1st, 2011, 2:24 pm

punamusta wrote:
Nice! You know, I have a little problem watching European videos with Bloods or Crips promoting, but I understand these kind of videos where people show ties to biker clubs. These clubs have been here for long, long time, but those Bloods and Crips things are just learned via MTV and movies. It's more like fashion, where instead these biker clubs are real thing. Also here in Finland one record label used to have ties to HA and the HA members were often seen in the parties organized by that label. And one HA member has featured on some Finnish rap songs, etc...
Yep, most definitely. All this blood and crip shit in europe is ridiculous. These kids didnt grow up in rough neighbourhoods, they just watched too much tv.
In the german rap business some organizations have started capitlaizing on it, like Lebanese-Turkish Mafia Clans who have some of the most succesful rappers under "contract" (:D protection money) and therefore they can diss whoever they like.
Some have established ties to Bandidos or Hells Angels as you saw.
If you forward to 0.30 you can see Hells Angels Turkey (which have a chapter in Berlin) vouching for this guy.

But my city had its own brand of gangs since quite a while already. Heres a documentary about that, its in german, but if you watch the first few minutes you can see what they looked like and their style and all that. These were turkish and arab gangs.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » June 1st, 2011, 3:41 pm

@ Punamusta:

Perfect example of what i talked about:

Turkish Chapter of the Hells Angels rapping in Berlin

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » June 12th, 2011, 8:18 am

Sentenza wrote: In the german rap business some organizations have started capitlaizing on it, like Lebanese-Turkish Mafia Clans who have some of the most succesful rappers under "contract" (:D protection money) and therefore they can diss whoever they like.
Hahaha, damn! Who are these rappers? Are they Lebanese or Turkish too or are other rappers "under contract", as well?

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » June 12th, 2011, 2:05 pm

punamusta wrote:
Sentenza wrote: In the german rap business some organizations have started capitlaizing on it, like Lebanese-Turkish Mafia Clans who have some of the most succesful rappers under "contract" (:D protection money) and therefore they can diss whoever they like.
Hahaha, damn! Who are these rappers? Are they Lebanese or Turkish too or are other rappers "under contract", as well?

The guy with the tattoo on his neck, he is probably among the 3 most succesfull rappers in germany these days.

And this guy.

natur
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Cassalla

Unread post by natur » June 13th, 2011, 6:28 am

sentenza is right, in germany it´s an open secret that some of the rappers who act so hard, could only act like this because they are paying the families.
These rappers will tell that hey are just friends, but everybody knows they are paying

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » June 13th, 2011, 2:54 pm

natur wrote:sentenza is right, in germany it´s an open secret that some of the rappers who act so hard, could only act like this because they are paying the families.
These rappers will tell that hey are just friends, but everybody knows they are paying
Yea. And if they act up they get disciplined. You have to know that these Arab/Kurdish Mafia families are huge. The biggest three of them have at least 10-15,000 direct family members in Berlin alone (i think i read that somewhere).

A young member of the Omeirat Family, which is one of the bigger ones was killed in a car accident a while ago. This is what the funeral in Berlin looked like. They are really big in numbers..

Massiv, the last rapper i posted grew up on the countryside of germany and moved to "the ghetto" in Berlin in order to be able to claim he is from the ghetto LOL.
Regular people from the ghetto want to get out, clowns move in so they can claim to be "gangsta". LOL. Thats just pathetic.
German Gangster Rap is with very few exceptions a total joke.

One exception is Alpa Gun who is a member of the most powerful family and he makes pretty good music, with heart. Real good lyrics, good vibe. This is not one of his best songs, but it shows the gangster side...

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Bochum

Unread post by HungryWolf » June 13th, 2011, 10:38 pm

These kids are pretty much playing. It's a common fashion to claim biker association and paying for it. But you should have a look at this one. His name is "Toni der Assi" and he is an active hooligan and biker from Mannheim. His boys from the Black Jackets are (as far as I know) a probationary Mongols chapter. Check it out, he's not payin', he's not trippin', he's just crackin'!

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » June 14th, 2011, 3:58 pm

HungryWolf wrote:These kids are pretty much playing. It's a common fashion to claim biker association and paying for it. But you should have a look at this one. His name is "Toni der Assi" and he is an active hooligan and biker from Mannheim. His boys from the Black Jackets are (as far as I know) a probationary Mongols chapter. Check it out, he's not payin', he's not trippin', he's just crackin'!

LOL, never head about this guy. Sounds not bad, but its funny how all these bikers start to rap, no?

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » June 14th, 2011, 10:30 pm

Yeah, it's funny for some reason. Bikers are the new gangsters and rap brings money. Everybody with an attitude wants to be a biker in these days. It's a power and money thing...

So, ich werd mich jetzt ne Harley kaufen und nen Mic... :shock: :lol:

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » June 15th, 2011, 3:03 am

HungryWolf wrote:Yeah, it's funny for some reason. Bikers are the new gangsters and rap brings money. Everybody with an attitude wants to be a biker in these days. It's a power and money thing...

So, ich werd mich jetzt ne Harley kaufen und nen Mic... :shock: :lol:
Ja, so ungefähr. Obwohl mir ne Harley auch gefallen würde. :mrgreen:

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » June 15th, 2011, 10:15 pm

Jaaaaa... wobei ich mehr der Streetfighter Typ bin. So ein fettes, massives Teil mit breiten Reifen und einem hinten hoch stehenden Sitz wäre doll. Naja, hat sich erledigt, hab keinen Führerschein... :lol:

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » June 16th, 2011, 3:55 pm

HungryWolf wrote:Jaaaaa... wobei ich mehr der Streetfighter Typ bin. So ein fettes, massives Teil mit breiten Reifen und einem hinten hoch stehenden Sitz wäre doll. Naja, hat sich erledigt, hab keinen Führerschein... :lol:
Wenn ich ein bisschen Kohle gespart habe wird eine Harley fällig. Es gibt auch schon gute Nachbauten anderer Firmen. Ein Bekannter hat mir eine von Suzuki gezeigt und das Teil war auch ziemlich geil. Er kennt sich aus, ist ein Bandido Hangaround.

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » June 16th, 2011, 11:21 pm

OK, dann hat kann ich mir ja das Mic kaufen und wir rappen 'n bißchen, wa? :mrgreen: