WORDS FROM A SURENO

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena

Re: WORDS FROM A SURENO

Unread post by femun » August 12th, 2011, 10:32 pm

perongregory wrote:Everybody looked like that in that day, and the majority of soldirs were white so were chicanos biting white people?
Now your grabbing at the air. All you have to do is accept the facts and this thread will go away.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » August 12th, 2011, 10:39 pm

I'm grabbing in the air but you agree Chicanos borrowed their creased up getdown from the military and the military at that point was mainly made up of whiteboys and the next big population was blacks. Damn someone sound like a fool. Accept them facts.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: 408

Unread post by ~J~ » August 13th, 2011, 12:44 am

You got the American population by race in World war II correctly and even though 'Hispanics' were only about 3.5% of the overall make up of service the exact estimation is unknown since they were generally excepted with the White enlisted soldiers but they still numbered in the hundreds of thousands. anyways my point is regardless of the percentage the military style was obviously borrow back home by all the servicemen alike.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by femun » August 13th, 2011, 9:47 am

perongregory wrote:I'm grabbing in the air but you agree Chicanos borrowed their creased up getdown from the military and the military at that point was mainly made up of whiteboys and the next big population was blacks. Damn someone sound like a fool. Accept them facts.
Your trying to hard to discredit chicanos.

I'm gonna explain this nice and slow so you can understand it. The style wasn't copied from servicemen the style came from being poor. The Army Navy surplus stores were a source for cheap clothing(just like swap meets are today)so these poor parents bought all their childrens clothes there. Khaki colored khakis were in abundance along with white Tee's, parents also bought the pants a size or 2 too big hoping that they would last longer as their sons grew and thats were baggy pants came from. Flannel shirts were bought cuz it doesn't get too cold in so.Cal so there was no need for a heavy winter coat plus flannels were a lot cheaper. Chicano kids added their flair to their cheap wardrobe and the style was born.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » August 13th, 2011, 10:24 am

What were other poor people wearing, space suits? It's aleight to say Chicano's put a twist on the clohes they wore but to outright lie and say only chicanos wore these clothes is BS.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by femun » August 13th, 2011, 11:53 am

These clothes were only worn by the poor Chicanos in poor neighborhoods but by the mid 50's only chicano gangbangers were wearing these clothes.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » August 13th, 2011, 11:55 am

Lol, whatever homie.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 13th, 2011, 4:28 pm

Is he stank's brother or something? Only Mexicans bought surplus clothes huh? The style it's sellf ain't 100% influenced by military, but definitely an influence for sure.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by femun » August 13th, 2011, 6:04 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:Is he stank's brother or something? Only Mexicans bought surplus clothes huh? The style it's sellf ain't 100% influenced by military, but definitely an influence for sure.
Why is it so hard for you to accept Mexicans started this style of dress? Have you read the book Do Or Die?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003H4 ... d_i=283155

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 13th, 2011, 6:10 pm

How many heads think prsion style had some influence on gangster stye? In the pen it's most likely the only place you will see nazis with oversized pants & button up's buttoned only at the top. Now why is that? Some people think that's where baggies were imbraced too. It's also a place where some take pride in their shined up boots & creased up jail gear.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 13th, 2011, 6:14 pm

femun wrote:
MMRbkaRudog wrote:Is he stank's brother or something? Only Mexicans bought surplus clothes huh? The style it's sellf ain't 100% influenced by military, but definitely an influence for sure.
Why is it so hard for you to accept Mexicans started this style of dress? Have you read the book Do Or Die?

Started what style of dress? Wearing some sruplus clothes? I only have a problem with exaggeration & I have not read the book, nor care to at the moment.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by femun » August 13th, 2011, 6:23 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:
femun wrote:

Started what style of dress? Wearing some sruplus clothes? I only have a problem with exaggeration & I have not read the book, nor care to at the moment.
Just out of curiosity what ethnicity are you. I assume your hispanic since you claim Norte.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 13th, 2011, 6:30 pm

femun wrote:
MMRbkaRudog wrote:
femun wrote:

Just out of curiosity what ethnicity are you. I assume your hispanic since you claim Norte.
What does that have to do with anything. You can assume all you want, but I dropped the Hispanic title that was once given to my people of European descent.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by femun » August 13th, 2011, 6:40 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:What does that have to do with anything. You can assume all you want, but I dropped the Hispanic title that was once given to my people of European descent.
"Hispanic title" WOW!

What ethnicity WHERE you?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » November 29th, 2011, 3:51 pm

Yup, do research on the term & then you will know why.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by femun » November 29th, 2011, 4:59 pm

What Hispanic ethnicity did you used to be?

Rudog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rudog » November 29th, 2011, 5:26 pm

femun wrote:What Hispanic ethnicity did you used to be?
How can I used to be a an ethnicity? GTFO

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by femun » November 29th, 2011, 8:46 pm

Rudog wrote:
femun wrote:What Hispanic ethnicity did you used to be?
How can I used to be a an ethnicity? GTFO
My question was meant for MMRbkaRudog. He claims he "dropped the Hispanic title that was once given to his people of European descent"

I just want to know what his ethnicity is.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 29th, 2011, 8:49 pm

Spanish or Portugese.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » November 30th, 2011, 2:42 pm

I think he's saying he dropped the "hispanic" title because it was given to his people - Mexicans - by Europeans - Spaniards.

Rudog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rudog » December 1st, 2011, 1:05 pm

Peron has a very good idea of what I was saying. I have already stated what I am on this board, which I'm sure femum could have already read & I don't think it matters what I am. I don't think my opinions should change no matter what I am. If using "Hispanic title" title the way I did wows femum, then he should do some research on how the word has been used over the decades & then he will know what I am talking about.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » December 1st, 2011, 4:38 pm

Rudog wrote:Peron has a very good idea of what I was saying. I have already stated what I am on this board, which I'm sure femum could have already read & I don't think it matters what I am. I don't think my opinions should change no matter what I am. If using "Hispanic title" title the way I did wows femum, then he should do some research on how the word has been used over the decades & then he will know what I am talking about.
@Rudog- I def. respect your decision to refrain from giving your Nationality or Race. However, I am very interested to know what you are referring to with the use of the "Hispanic title". Share some of the knowledge mane, everybody can't catch on as fast a Peron does?

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by femun » December 1st, 2011, 10:01 pm

Rudog wrote:Peron has a very good idea of what I was saying. I have already stated what I am on this board, which I'm sure femum could have already read & I don't think it matters what I am. I don't think my opinions should change no matter what I am. If using "Hispanic title" title the way I did wows femum, then he should do some research on how the word has been used over the decades & then he will know what I am talking about.
Why are you so ashamed to be Hispanic?

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » December 12th, 2011, 12:46 am

I try avoiding the term altogether. Latinos that are knowledgeable of their history, tell me it's disrespectful and demeaning.

Rudog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rudog » December 26th, 2011, 1:59 pm

femun wrote:
I'm not Hispanic stupid fuck, so obviously you're as uneducated as you were in the previous posts.

Rudog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rudog » December 26th, 2011, 3:18 pm

Quepolo3 wrote:
@Rudog- I def. respect your decision to refrain from giving your Nationality or Race. However, I am very interested to know what you are referring to with the use of the "Hispanic title". Share some of the knowledge mane, everybody can't catch on as fast a Peron does?
I HAVE SEEN HOW THE WORD HAS CHANGED OVER THE YEARS FROM NOT ONLY READING THINGS LIKE OLD DICTIONARIES, BUT FROM EXPERIENCE. 1 DICTIONARY SAID HISPANIC MEANT PORTUGUESE AND SPANISH AND ANOTHER SAID IT MEANT ANY PEOPLE OF A DESCENT FROM A COUNTRY THAT SPEAKS THOSE LANGUAGES, BUT THEN IT GOT TO THE POINT WHERE THEY WANTED IT TO STAND FOR PEOPLE OF LATIN AMERICAN DESCENT. I THINK MAYBE THE GOAL WAS TO TRY AND FIT PEOPLE OF LATIN AMERICAN DESCENT INTO 1 CATEGORY OF RACE AND WEREN'T SURE HOW TO GO ABOUT IT. THE TERM DERIVES FROM THE WORD HISPANIA, WHICH IS AN ANCIENT LAND IN THE IBERIAN PENINSULA AND IS WHERE España (SPAIN) GETS THEIR NAME FROM.

THE IBERIAN PENINSULA ALSO HAD OTHER ANCIENT LANDS, LIKE LUSITANIA AND MOST OF PORTUGAL COMES FROM LUSITANIA (THAT MEANS THEY WOULD CLAIM ROOTS TO LUSITANIA AND NOT HISPANIA). HISPANOS WERE PEOPLE OF HISPANIA, SO HOW ARE YOU GOING TO NAME A BUNCH OF OTHER PEOPLE THAT, OR ESPECIALLY ONES WHO FOUGHT NOT TO BE CALLED THAT OR EVER WANTED TO BE?

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by femun » December 26th, 2011, 5:44 pm

Rudog wrote:
femun wrote:
I'm not Hispanic stupid fu--, so obviously you're as uneducated as you were in the previous posts.
MAN THE FUUKK UP AND TELL ME WHAT ETHNICITY YOU ARE. All the rhetoric in the world can't mask how full of schit you are.

Rudog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rudog » December 26th, 2011, 7:51 pm

femun wrote:
Rudog wrote:
femun wrote:
I'm not Hispanic stupid fu--, so obviously you're as uneducated as you were in the previous posts.
MAN THE FUUKK UP AND TELL ME WHAT ETHNICITY YOU ARE. All the rhetoric in the world can't mask how full of schit you are.
IF YOU THINK I'M FULL OF SHIT, THEN THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM. DON'T BOTHER ME THEN. I DON'T LIKE YOUR PUNK ASS ANY WAY.

Rudog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rudog » December 26th, 2011, 7:59 pm

I DON'T BLAME PEOPLE FOR NOT KNOWING THE HISTORY OF THE WORD HISPANIC THOUGH, BECAUSE IT TOOK ME YEARS TO KNOW AND I WAS EVEN PROUD TO CALL MYSELF THAT AT A TIME. EVEN BEFORE I POSTED TODAY, I LOOKED UP HISPANIC FOR ME TO THINK ABOUT WHAT EXACTLY I WANTED TO SAY AND YOU CAN STILL SEE PEOPLE ARE CONFUSED ABOUT HOW TO DEFINE IT.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by femun » December 26th, 2011, 9:54 pm

come on mijo just tell me what ethnicity you are, theres nothing to be afraid of.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » December 26th, 2011, 11:43 pm

femun wrote:come on mijo just tell me what ethnicity you are, theres nothing to be afraid of.
I AIN'T YOUR MIJO FOOL. WHAT HAPPEN TO MR. SMART GUY? IT SHOULDN'T BE THAT HARD TO FIGURE OUT AND LIKE I SAID, YOU PROBABLY ALREADY READ WHAT I AM. I AIN'T GOT TO TELL YOU EVERY TIME YOU ASK. IT REALLY AIN'T IMPORTANT. JUST KNOW I AIN'T PART OF THE SEWER RAT RACE.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by femun » December 27th, 2011, 5:02 pm

I honestly don't know what you are and thats why I'm asking. So again, what etnicity are you?