Music video w/SOS & suicidals

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Re: Music video w/SOS & suicidals

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » August 12th, 2010, 2:30 pm

plus I'm not seeking acknowledgment from anyone fool, I'm grown already, did my time for my BS crimes and I'm kicking back with my family now.

I don't need further recognition for my former self, or my race for that matter, unlike you who seems to feel the need to always chime in about how Chicanos started this or wore that first.

Grow up, come out that closet, and be proud for yourself and your people without the need to demean others in the process, otherwise that just makes you a racist.
Theres a difference between shouting "(insert race here) PRIDE" and "(insert race here) POWER."

Check your thoughts before they leave your head.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Unread post by mayugastank » August 12th, 2010, 5:37 pm

buLLetxx2 wrote:Whats with you posting pictures of shirtless Asian men in every thread?

The closet door isn't locked, come on out already.

Hey it isnt me its just every asian gangster I find on the net...found a way to take his shirt off and sport his chicano style tatts. Be yourself show some real pride....do something that nobody else does. Get your own artwork-dress in your own fashion......people might actually start to think that its cool. You can never be a man unless your happy with yourselves/that isnt pride in copying the whole demeanor of another people....its like the white girl who wears her makeup like a mexican girl --and wakes up at 30 years old and realizes shes white. Its fake loco. You contributed nothing as of yet and unless you guys get outta your confused mindset you never will.

suicidalxv
What city do you live in now?: Lakewood

Unread post by suicidalxv » February 27th, 2011, 12:42 pm

SOS is synonymous with SUIS and vice verca. Its all S-Gang. My Big homey is in the video the big white guy with long hair hanging down in the pendleton, locs and hat. thats big maniac and im lil Maniac from SUIS XV st

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » February 27th, 2011, 6:13 pm

I used to think sos was all Samoan, but I recently found out they got other races. What's up w/the sui's that were claiming sur tho?? Was that some confused fools or what?

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » March 10th, 2011, 5:29 pm

LB Suis claiming sur? You sure bout that? They, along with ABZ and EFCC used to be "cool" with Barrio Pobre back in the day, but just on some understanding/common enemy tip just like they were "cool" with W/S Longos.

and nah, suis has been mixed for as long as I can remember, Samoans suis were the exception, not the norm, it was a pretty even mix of samoan, khmer and Laotian back in the day, with some whites, blacks and mexicans as well. Now it's mainly Khmer and Lao, with a couple blacks and a few Samoan, but not too many Uso's still stay on the E/S these days.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 10th, 2011, 8:44 pm

buLLetxx2 wrote:LB Suis claiming sur? You sure bout that? They, along with ABZ and EFCC used to be "cool" with Barrio Pobre back in the day, but just on some understanding/common enemy tip just like they were "cool" with W/S Longos.

and nah, suis has been mixed for as long as I can remember, Samoans suis were the exception, not the norm, it was a pretty even mix of samoan, khmer and Laotian back in the day, with some whites, blacks and mexicans as well. Now it's mainly Khmer and Lao, with a couple blacks and a few Samoan, but not too many Uso's still stay on the E/S these days.
I didn't say anything about LB, but I guess they tend to be from there. Just saw some tags that said 13 & I remember 1 had sur, so it made me wonder. It could have been a joker or something.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » March 11th, 2011, 7:13 pm

ah, ok, right on.

There were a grip of Sui gangs that all sprung up right round the same time in the 80s, spawned from diehard fans from Suicidal Tendencies. I don't remember them all but Venice(of course), Fullerton and Long Beach are a few. Fullerton Sui over time because more and more hispanic and now is a Sur gang, so im sure the same can be assumed of a few others. LB Suis on the other hand(Suisidal Town) are and have been on the crip tip since jump street.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 13th, 2011, 12:23 am

buLLetxx2 wrote:ah, ok, right on.

There were a grip of Sui gangs that all sprung up right round the same time in the 80s, spawned from diehard fans from Suicidal Tendencies. I don't remember them all but Venice(of course), Fullerton and Long Beach are a few. Fullerton Sui over time because more and more hispanic and now is a Sur gang, so im sure the same can be assumed of a few others. LB Suis on the other hand(Suisidal Town) are and have been on the crip tip since jump street.
I guess it could also be cause some whites like to use 13 for other reasons, but thanks for clearing that up.

suicidalxv
What city do you live in now?: Lakewood

Unread post by suicidalxv » May 8th, 2011, 11:08 am

MMRbkaRudog wrote:
buLLetxx2 wrote:ah, ok, right on.

I guess it could also be cause some whites like to use 13 for other reasons, but thanks for clearing that up.
who are you?

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » May 17th, 2011, 11:41 am

suicidalxv wrote: who are you?
Me?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » May 22nd, 2011, 1:12 pm

Don't matter who I am.

matterInI
What city do you live in now?: Long beach

Unread post by matterInI » April 11th, 2012, 12:25 am

MMRbkaRudog wrote:
buLLetxx2 wrote:LB Suis claiming sur? You sure bout that? They, along with ABZ and EFCC used to be "cool" with Barrio Pobre back in the day, but just on some understanding/common enemy tip just like they were "cool" with W/S Longos.

I didn't say anything about LB, but I guess they tend to be from there. Just saw some tags that said 13 & I remember 1 had sur, so it made me wonder. It could have been a joker or something.
most people in this generation dont know the Sui roots. the band punk metal cross over band Suicidal Tendencies was a huge part of it . from what i understand one of the original members of that band was from Venice 13 .Many of the members dressed up cholo like because where they grew up around that . keep in mind Venice was known for its surf and skate culture as well ( check out the movie Zboys - the skaters manager skip even talks about their idea women being more like cholas instead of some barbie doll beach bunny lol ) punk rock hit in the late 70s early 80s many kats from that scene got into punk . The band Suicidal Tendencies started dressin all gangsterish . I know from friends that i had that went to fenders ball rooms that SOS would do security or bounce for that punk rock club in the 80s . A guy i met ( who said he s an og from that clique ) also told me that He was one of the one of the original guys that formed that gang- hes black . He told me that blacks and other non whites were getting mobbed on by nazi skinheads at shows . so they formed LBSP( Long Beach Suicidal Punks ) and they would mob on those bone heads . I hope that shed some light on it . Im sure the O.Gs could tell you more than i can . im just goin by things i remember and people ive met . i remember 2 kats back in the day one white dude named Pirate (i didnt know him well but i talked to him a few times - he was the first sui i ever saw ) and a cambodian kat named rana lock. heresa pic of a member of the band with the same logo you might ve seen sui gangs hit up if yall dont believe me http://www.google.com/imgres?q=suicidal ... s:18,i:128 peace yall .

bankhead
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by bankhead » June 1st, 2013, 9:49 pm

I guess theres some things Vatos do better. In terms of tattoos, the word tattoo comes from the Polynesian word tatau. Wetbacks should discontinue the use of a Polynesian staple; and revert back to using make-up/paint instead. The only things cholos were known for were oversized pants pulled to the chest, and an open flannel buttoned at the top. Fedoras/Brimmed hats were taken from prohibition era gangsters such as Al Capone. California gang attire (Dickies, 501s, white tees, denim button ups and locs) originate from CDC prison attire. Quit with your fantasy that Beaners created the California gangster look. Wetback!

bankhead

Unread post by bankhead » June 1st, 2013, 10:02 pm

Spanish is a European language, and Mexicans are nothing more than a mixture of Spanish (European) and very little Native American (Aztec, Mayan etc.) blood. So, maybe Wetbacks need to evaluate their culture. Tattoos are not yours, your language isn't yours, and the style of clothing you claim originated from a place (CDC) where everyone is assigned the same clothing. White T-Shirts, Khaki Pants, 501s, Chucks, House Shoes, Denim Button-ups, and Locs are all CDC styled attire; to state that it's a "Vato/Cholo" thing makes you look like an idiot. Every gangster in California dresses exactly like they do in prison. Fedoras/Brimmed hats originate from the likes of prohibition (1920/1930) gangsters like Al Capone. The only thing wetbacks get credit for are lowriders, and that's it. Quit stealing the art of tattooing, and create your own shit!

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 3rd, 2013, 11:29 am

bankhead wrote:Spanish is a European language, and Mexicans are nothing more than a mixture of Spanish (European) and very little Native American (Aztec, Mayan etc.) blood. So, maybe Wetbacks need to evaluate their culture. Tattoos are not yours, your language isn't yours, and the style of clothing you claim originated from a place (CDC) where everyone is assigned the same clothing. White T-Shirts, Khaki Pants, 501s, Chucks, House Shoes, Denim Button-ups, and Locs are all CDC styled attire; to state that it's a "Vato/Cholo" thing makes you look like an idiot. Every gangster in California dresses exactly like they do in prison. Fedoras/Brimmed hats originate from the likes of prohibition (1920/1930) gangsters like Al Capone. The only thing wetbacks get credit for are lowriders, and that's it. Quit stealing the art of tattooing, and create your own shit!
I somewhat agree with you, but I think you're kinda on dude's level n the cat hasn't posted here in a long time. I don't think it was 100% prison influenced, but I do agree it has something to do with it. The pachucos started wearing things like khakis after the zoot suit riots.

bankhead

Unread post by bankhead » June 9th, 2013, 2:56 pm

Believe it or not, only farmers and greasers were known for wearing jeans pre-1950. To state Pachucos started the trend is invalid; what you will get credit for is oversized khakis and folding both creases across the body. Denim wasn't popular among mainstream American, and most wore Khaki pants, dress shirts, ties and fedoras... Why do you think Cholos don't rock Stacey Adams anymore!?! Wheres the slick back hair under fishnet stocking!?! Prison eliminated dress shoes and replaced them w/ fake Chucks & Velcro shoes; began shaving heads for a good period (minus Natives).

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 11th, 2013, 5:12 pm

bankhead wrote:Believe it or not, only farmers and greasers were known for wearing jeans pre-1950. To state Pachucos started the trend is invalid; what you will get credit for is oversized khakis and folding both creases across the body. Denim wasn't popular among mainstream American, and most wore Khaki pants, dress shirts, ties and fedoras... Why do you think Cholos don't rock Stacey Adams anymore!?! Wheres the slick back hair under fishnet stocking!?! Prison eliminated dress shoes and replaced them w/ fake Chucks & Velcro shoes; began shaving heads for a good period (minus Natives).
Alright bro, wasn't trying to start an argument. Just let the thread be dead. Didn't say pachucos started the trend. Was just saying I don't think it was 100% prison influenced.

BabyPakLoko
If in the United States: Wisconsin
What city do you live in now?: Boyceville

Unread post by BabyPakLoko » February 12th, 2018, 8:01 pm

I watched this video on vhs back in the day...I'm from West Seattle and we had a homeboy from SOS who moved to our hood named Scooby loc he showed it to me I think I was 16 at the time... always had love for the SOS gang they put it down for Islanders...