Gangs in Brownsville, Texas

Discuss gangs in the The South in the following states; Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington D.C. & West Virgina
chupon106
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: Mission TX

Gangs in Brownsville, Texas

Unread post by chupon106 » February 14th, 2004, 9:44 am

Brownsville is the southern tip of Texas. It is a border town with population of about 150,000. In 1991 it peaked in murders with 18 with a population of about 90,000. In 2003 I know there was at least 7 murders but I think there about 10. There are about 20 gangs divided into Westside, Eastside, and South Side.

EASTSIDE

BARRIO VILLA VERDE (I ONCE AFFILIATED WITH THIS GANG)
CAMERON PARK (POOREST NEIGHBORHOOD IN THE CITY N I READ IN THE STATE IN INCOME PER HOUSE)
LA 13
LA 12
LAS PALMAS
SUN RISE PARK
LA MURAYA

There arent many gang related murders in Brownsville but there are many street fights between gangs. In 2002, 2 members of La 13 beat a member of La 12 to death. The vatos from La 13 were 16 and the vato who got killed was 15.

Monkeywrench
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Brownsville, Texas

Unread post by Monkeywrench » February 15th, 2004, 2:02 am

""

MIROLLO
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houstone

Re: Gangs in Brownsville, Texas

Unread post by MIROLLO » September 29th, 2008, 9:04 pm

Here are some more gangs from BrownTown that this dude told me about like back in the early 90's: Varrio Buena Vista,La Parra,La Haze,Fourteenth(14)Str.,Mayates,La Rockwell,Kings Wall,and Zoo...He also mentioned those already mentioned above: Barrio La Villa Verde,La Four hundred TwenyOne(421),Cameron Park,La Trece(13),La Doce(12),Las Palmas,Sunrise Park,and La Muraya.............Thee Original1. Puro Valle 956 & McAllito 4Lifers...

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » September 30th, 2008, 12:23 pm

There's a gang called mayates?

chupon106
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by chupon106 » October 25th, 2008, 1:44 pm

MIROLLO wrote:Here are some more gangs from BrownTown that this dude told me about like back in the early 90's: Varrio Buena Vista,La Parra,La Haze,Fourteenth(14)Str.,Mayates,La Rockwell,Kings Wall,and Zoo...He also mentioned those already mentioned above: Barrio La Villa Verde,La Four hundred TwenyOne(421),Cameron Park,La Trece(13),La Doce(12),Las Palmas,Sunrise Park,and La Muraya.............Thee Original1. Puro Valle 956 & McAllito 4Lifers...
Hell nah, there aint no gang called the mayates. lol! I was thinking you got them mixed up with La Muraya but then you listed them as well so Idk. Ive never heard of La Haze, 14th Street, Kings Wall, or Zoo. If these gangs did exist they were probably a few teenagers who didnt last very long. I doubt theyre around today.

MIROLLO
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Houstone

Unread post by MIROLLO » October 30th, 2008, 1:26 am

Yea you might be right about some of these barrios not exsisting anymore...And I can't say for sures if they was big or not...But what I do know is this site and these forums are about telling their histories and stories...Whether they exsist or don't anymore...No matter if they is,or was,a big or small unit...Or whether it is a traditional barrio or just a junior high thing...You dig what I'm saying ese...Well dude who told me about them was from BrownTown and that was back in the early 90's like I had already mentioned...That vato was from one of those hoods but I can't remember which one,that was such along time ago...Y simon I kinda was like you messing with me when he said their was a gang called los mayates...But sure enough this other dude confirmed it,said it was true...With Matamoros just right next door who knows if it could have been some fools from across the frontera claiming their jales in Brownsville...Or Matamoros vatos in Brownsville just starting their own thing there...You know how them vatos from Mexico use colorful names for their gangs,know what I mean...Or maybe they was just Brownsville vatos being dumb,who knows...All I can say if they was claiming a gang with that name that was some funny pedo que no...Pos that's all I got to say about that rollo.............Thee Originale1. Puro Valle 956 y McAllito 4 Lifers...

chupon106
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by chupon106 » December 21st, 2008, 10:48 pm

MIROLLO wrote:Yea you might be right about some of these barrios not exsisting anymore...And I can't say for sures if they was big or not...But what I do know is this site and these forums are about telling their histories and stories...Whether they exsist or don't anymore...No matter if they is,or was,a big or small unit...Or whether it is a traditional barrio or just a junior high thing...You dig what I'm saying ese...Well dude who told me about them was from BrownTown and that was back in the early 90's like I had already mentioned...That vato was from one of those hoods but I can't remember which one,that was such along time ago...Y simon I kinda was like you messing with me when he said their was a gang called los mayates...But sure enough this other dude confirmed it,said it was true...With Matamoros just right next door who knows if it could have been some fools from across the frontera claiming their jales in Brownsville...Or Matamoros vatos in Brownsville just starting their own thing there...You know how them vatos from Mexico use colorful names for their gangs,know what I mean...Or maybe they was just Brownsville vatos being dumb,who knows...All I can say if they was claiming a gang with that name that was some funny pedo que no...Pos that's all I got to say about that rollo.............Thee Originale1. Puro Valle 956 y McAllito 4 Lifers...
By saying a 'colorful' gang, are you saying they're fags? Cause' what a lot of Chicanos don't know is that mayate in Chicano spanish means nigger but in Mexico means faggot. Is that what you're saying?

chupon106
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by chupon106 » December 21st, 2008, 10:57 pm

Actually in Mexican slang now a days it means faggot but if you're speaking proper correct spanish, it's some little black bug. Obviously, where the Chicano slang term 'mayate' was derived from.

formerg
If in the United States: Maine
What city do you live in now?: San Bernardino

Unread post by formerg » October 12th, 2012, 7:08 pm

im from LA but i lived in the BVille for 4 years, one for sure not mentioned that i know is around is El Puerto, then the Surenos 13 that i dont know what the deal was with those fools, i lived in between them in northeast brownsville by Rivera High, theres alot of gangs, i had seen another website with a girl that listed alot of them, La Parra, Las Palmas, then that West Side Locos is pretty deep right now, one thing about the B is that it is small, but alot of fools transit through there, going both directions, Cali fools, Central Amercian fools, Texas fools going down, but i got respect for the RGV, i miss it down there, reminded me of LA when i was coming up, or how LA probably was way back in the day, lol,

chupon106
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by chupon106 » January 11th, 2015, 2:03 am

Yeah, those are all active gangs as well. El Puerto and Sur 13 are the most active gangs on the northeast side from what I've heard. Down here in the valle we are on the border with Mexico so yeah we are more on that old school cholo style to some degree. Slowly but surely the style is changing up more and more everyday especially with the teenagers more on that black style so heavily influenced by rap music.

I'm 27 and more on that old school tip. I can't help but nod my head at some of these youngsters =\