Manny Pacquiao

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Manny Pacquiao

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » June 5th, 2009, 5:53 pm

Everyone Wants a Piece of Pacquiao
Contributed by Rick Brown - June 5, 2009 1:40:54 PM

With Oscar De La Hoya gone, the new money-maker in boxing is Manny Pacquiao.

Everyone wants a piece of him but even this story is a bit odd.

A group associated with Shane Mosley sent out a press release earlier this week saying that Pacquiao had agreed in principle to fight in October.

But as college football analyst Lee Corso would say, "not so fast," my friend (get well Lee).

Turns out the release was bogus.

In his own release, Pacquiao said the following, "It's funny that I am the last man to know about this supposed fight. I know everyone wants to fight me and I have said I will fight anyone, including Mosley. But I have not heard from my promoter or have seen any contract or fight detail. So, there is no fight yet.

"I am flattered that even the great "Sugar" Shane Mosley is now going after me by any means. I am not closing the door on any negotiations, though, and I trust my promotional and training team to make the best decision for me."

The release said Pacquiao is still considering Mosley, as well as Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Miguel Cotto, considering the latter two get past their upcoming bouts. Either way, Pacquiao expects many tactics to be used to try to goad him into fighting.

"I am not blaming people for coming up with ideas to lure me to fight them. I have said it before and I will say it again, I will not run away from a great fight. Floyd Mayweather is even using reverse psychology, saying he will not agree to fight me for a 50-50 purse. Of course everyone wants to fight me."

I find it unusual for Mosley to pull tactics like this. He has been too classy to be a part of an act like that.

---

Now what excuses or defense do you guys have for Manny.. seems like he is saying exactly what i've been saying in defense of Floyd which is, "selecting opponents strategically", and everyone wants to fight the best.

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Manny Pacquiao

Unread post by HiloBoy » June 5th, 2009, 7:01 pm

Out here in Hawaiʻi there are many filipinos. I mean, straight off the boat...FOBS...

These cats worship this dude...
Pac-Man ALMOST won their presidency!!

Everytime he fights they celebrate by slaughtering whole pigs, staging chicken fights, and if youʻre lucky, they fry up a few dogs as bonus...(True shit)

But he is exciting and I like how he took apart De La Hoya...

Shane and Manny or Mayweather and Manny...

"Lets get it on!!"

Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Emerald

Unread post by 353 » June 5th, 2009, 9:57 pm

Im just gonna see how long he hold it down,he got the spotlight on him,so he gotta fight somebody

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » June 6th, 2009, 10:39 am

Everytime he fights they celebrate by slaughtering whole pigs, staging chicken fights, and if youʻre lucky, they fry up a few dogs as bonus...(True shit)

WTF, lmao

HiloBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HiloBoy » June 6th, 2009, 12:10 pm

Serious allhood, everyone has this image of Hawaiʻi that is mainly represented in the media by visitors to Oahu, more specifically Waikiki...

People forget that there are 6 other islands that are way more rural and still country...

With the exception to Maui, all the other outer islands-Kauai, Molokai, Lanai, Niihau, and Hawaiʻi aka Big Island have far less tourism and hotels and such...

A lot of our residents are Japanese, Chinese, Filipino, Portugese, Puerto Rican and a few Mexicans...
Most came during the 1800ʻs during the sugar plantation and pineapple field days...

Brang w/ them their culture and way of life...

Hence, the last thing to change about assimilation is ones culture. Maybe thats why in LA Mexicans have roosters, goats, chicken fights, machismo, etc etc...

Filipinos here are NOT like the ones on the mainland. They are one generation maybe two removed from the Phillipines. Most older pinoys were born in the Phillipines. Their kids were born here. English is their second language, dog eating is apart of their culture as is chicken fighting...

Did you know it IS NOT illegal to kill and consume dog and horse meat here? And guess what? People DO eat that stuff here!!

Personally, I never had tried eating dog or horse but I know friends that do...

When Pac-Man fights, all the pinoys bring out their flags, stage MASSIVE chicken fights, roast whole wild pigs, and cook dogs...NOT all, but a whole lot of em...

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » June 6th, 2009, 2:07 pm

Damn.. you learn something new everyday.

Thats some good history there..

Thanks for sharing.

Makes me want to pull for Manny. :-)

North Face
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by North Face » October 22nd, 2010, 10:15 pm

November 13, 2010 should be another slaughter party.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » November 14th, 2010, 2:14 pm

Pacquiao thoroughly beat Antonio Margarito last night, a man that was taller by four inches, longer reach, stronger, and who hit harder, but Pacquiao's speed (punching) and his footwork proved to be too much. Pacquiao looks unbeatable right now, and I really dont see how Mayweather could beat him.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » November 18th, 2010, 2:56 am

alexalonso wrote:Pacquiao thoroughly beat Antonio Margarito last night, a man that was taller by four inches, longer reach, stronger, and who hit harder, but Pacquiao's speed (punching) and his footwork proved to be too much. Pacquiao looks unbeatable right now, and I really dont see how Mayweather could beat him.
Even though Pac had Margartito fight him at a catch weight, Margarito still looked in shape (healthy) So I give Pac all the credit in the world for beating him. Not only a win, but easily defeated the bigger man, and if Pac really wanted to, he could have KO'd him. But as for Pac beating Mayweather Jr, I still think Floyd has the upperhand.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra

Unread post by MCD » November 19th, 2010, 12:23 am

Only way Margarito could have won that fight was if he kept pacman on the ropes and let em fly but he stayed back and caught jabs every round. It was brawler vs a quick boxer, boxer usually wins.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 1st, 2010, 2:45 pm

Margarito did find a way to get Pacquiao on the ropes and do some damage, but everytime, Manny hit back and then bounced out from the ropes. I dont see Mayweather trapping Pacquiou on the ropes, but it did show a weakness in his game.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra

Unread post by MCD » December 7th, 2010, 11:47 pm

alexalonso wrote:Margarito did find a way to get Pacquiao on the ropes and do some damage, but everytime, Manny hit back and then bounced out from the ropes. I dont see Mayweather trapping Pacquiou on the ropes, but it did show a weakness in his game.
yeah if Mayweather and Pacquiao fought, mayweather would have to stick to his counters because he's not as big as Margarito. Floyd had more power than manny, maybe less now that his body is deteriorating but I don't think he can throw a combo like Manny, but he can still anticipate and dodge better than anyone. We'll see, I don't think he's fought anyone as good as Manny. Oscar doesn't count because he was past his prime.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 19th, 2012, 12:52 pm

Even though Pacquiao got knocked out by Juan Manuel Marquez, I still want to see Pacquiao fight Floyd Mayweather before they get old. JMM fights Pacquiao real good, like the way, Mosely could never beat (forgot his name RIP).

Pacquiao should be back for a few good fights before he retires.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » December 19th, 2012, 10:59 pm

Vernon Forrest ^

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 20th, 2012, 12:32 am

oso1 wrote:Vernon Forrest ^
Vernon Forrest, would whop up on Sugar Shane when he was unbeatable, and I think JMM is that to Manny Pacquio

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » January 18th, 2013, 2:36 am

alexalonso wrote:Pacquiao thoroughly beat Antonio Margarito last night, a man that was taller by four inches, longer reach, stronger, and who hit harder, but Pacquiao's speed (punching) and his footwork proved to be too much. Pacquiao looks unbeatable right now, and I really dont see how Mayweather could beat him.
But Margarito rarely uses his height and reach to his advantage. He gives it up to get close to bang. Reminds me of Julio Gonzalez (RIP)

Floyd, would keep his distance, using his jabs and lead right hands. He won't try to walk pac down and out muscle him like Margarito. Pac is the one who is going to apply the pressure, lunging in and reaching with his left causing him to be off balance, that's when Floyd will counter.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » January 18th, 2013, 2:45 am

alexalonso wrote:Margarito did find a way to get Pacquiao on the ropes and do some damage, but everytime, Manny hit back and then bounced out from the ropes. I dont see Mayweather trapping Pacquiou on the ropes, but it did show a weakness in his game.
Mayweather, won't have to force pac on the ropes to do damage. He'll do it in the center of the ring, boxing and countering. Later in the fight, when pac is softened up a bit, I see Floyd on the ropes countering pac coming in with his wild punches. Similar to what he did to Hatton.