Defunct White Gangs (non-Aryan)

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Defunct White Gangs (non-Aryan)

Unread post by TheAngels » December 15th, 2012, 8:19 pm

Hello, I'm interested in the history of white gangs in LA. From what I understand, they died out in the early 80s.

I realize the white gangs that exist today are almost exclusively Aryan/racist gangs, and most exist in the outskirts/suburbs of LA, not in the city itself. I'm interested in the white gangs that didn't have the Aryan theme and were regular street gangs.

I know a little about the Venice Hoodlums; they supposedly died out in about 83-84, and I think they stayed in east Venice around the Penmar/Venice High area. Any way to find out more about them, and when they started? I also heard there were white gangs in Hollywood back in the 70s, but don't know their names or anything about them. I know there were some white gangs back in Compton back in the 50s, and I think in South Central too back when South Central still had white people.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: Defunct White Gangs (non-Aryan)

Unread post by Silencioso » January 6th, 2013, 9:21 am

They died out in the 90's.

The history of white gangs in L.A. is basically:

40's-60's: street club era: Jesters, Bedouins, Uhlans, Khans, Barons, Spook Hunters etc.

70's: surfers, white cholos, stoners: Santa Monica Surfers, Venice Hoodlums, Bell Gardens White Boys, Hollywood Stoners 13 etc.

80's-90's:stoners, punks, cholo-punks: Suicidal Boyz/Cycos, LADS, HillSide Stoners, FFF, KAOS 13, BPO, S/S LADS. La Mirada Punx etc.

Of course there were biker gangs/clubs during all those eras as well.

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

Unread post by AztecNinja » January 9th, 2013, 3:31 pm

What about Kaos13, werent they a white gang with the suicidal style back in the 80's 90's? The legendary tagger SK8 one claimed that, and I remember my tagging crew gave him a pretty bad beating.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » January 9th, 2013, 5:12 pm

I have KAOS 13 on the 80's-90's list. Yeah they rocked the Sui style more or less but they were down with LADS and FFF.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » January 11th, 2013, 3:25 am

Silencioso wrote:They died out in the 90's.

40's-60's: street club era: Jesters, Bedouins, Uhlans, Khans, Barons, Spook Hunters etc.

70's: surfers, white cholos, stoners: Santa Monica Surfers, Venice Hoodlums, Bell Gardens White Boys, Hollywood Stoners 13 etc.

80's-90's:stoners, punks, cholo-punks: Suicidal Boyz/Cycos, LADS, HillSide Stoners, FFF, KAOS 13, BPO, S/S LADS. La Mirada Punx etc.

Interesting... I didn't know they lasted until the 90s. Do you know which were the last white LA gangs in the 90s?

I was born in the 80s so that was too early for me to notice, but I did start paying attention in the 90s, and I remember seeing some KAOS tags at school (near Venice), but back then thought it was some made-up high school gang.

Why did some white gangs rock the 13 though?

I did know a couple white gangbangers back in the 90s but they were usually in gangs that were like 98% Hispanic. Never knew of any all-white gangs.

I used to get the feeling punk gangs existed in Hollywood in the early 90s though based on what little I knew.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » January 11th, 2013, 3:27 am

Also I'm wondering why Santa Monica Surfers died out, since Santa Monica has still remained largely white. Last I checked, Santa Monica today is about 80% white.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » January 11th, 2013, 2:18 pm

The last white majority street gangs in my part of town were Suicidal, South Side (a Sui knockoff) and Criminal Minded Stoners.
There are still white gangmembers in West LA but they're usually in mexican or black gangs specif. V13,CXC and VSLC.

The 13 could represent stoners (13th letter = M for marajuana) or the gang life (borrowed from cholos). It was used by many white and stoner gangs. In the case of Suicidalz and S/S LADS it meant Sur also. Several white gangs played around with other numbers for other drugs - 25 for LSD, 714 for Qualudes.

madseason23
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Oklahoma
What city do you live in now?: klan town

Unread post by madseason23 » June 4th, 2015, 8:56 pm

THE SUNDOWNERS--------BACK IN THE 50 and 60 EARLY 70 ......THEY WHERE A BIG WHITE GANG IN THE VALLY YOU DID NOT MESS WITH THEM.....

salamanda_palaganda

Unread post by salamanda_palaganda » June 26th, 2017, 11:28 pm

Sunset Boys in Echo Park also.

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Lazy Angeles

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » June 28th, 2017, 4:22 am

Echo park my old stomping grounds. Aint surprised there was white gangs. They did it first i america.

Alonso brought shed some real history on how some sureno gangs were originally white or mixed.

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Lazy Angeles

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » June 28th, 2017, 4:23 am

White suis related to long beach suis?

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » July 11th, 2017, 5:04 pm

Silencioso wrote:They died out in the 90's.

I remember KAOS 13. Did they have a specific hood, or were they more of a "crew" with people from different areas? I remember I saw some of their graffiti in the Venice area. I was under the impression they had Hispanic members too.