German Club "St. Pauli"

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Bochum

German Club "St. Pauli"

Unread post by HungryWolf » January 2nd, 2013, 2:03 am

I am having a real boring day at the office and am reading some old posts that brings back a lot of hooligan memories, so I gotta share some stories
cliffard wrote: my pal told me about a team called st. pauli whos home ground is the reeperbahn in hamburg (for those that dont know thats a NOTORIOUS red light lol), and all the fans are anarchists and communists and wave red and black flags...
In fact St. Pauli is the only German club that is notorious for their leftwing crowd. Which makes them everybody's a'hole here in Germany. Back in the day in the early 90s they had a strong rivalry with their local enemy HSV. HSV is the main club from Hamburg and they had a huge right winged hooligan scene once. The story with St. Pauli is that all the characters from the red light district are HSV fans, so the main SP crowd are just punks and anarchist activists who got their asses whooped by all the pimps and bouncers after every match. Their notoriety comes mainly from their street fights with the police in the Hafenstraße, which is (or has been) a block down at the harbor which has been squattered by left winged activists. Those guys were really hardcore and took shit from none. But I would say that the fan base in SP is not so violent at all.
In the 1990s their main rivals have been the local HSV and the guys from Hansa Rostock in Eastern Germany which have a infamous skinhead crowd, known for the attacking of an asylum-seekers' hostel in 1991 which made international news. Each time the two clubs clashed there have been major accidents. Those stories are generally known. But here is some more stuff.

One little nasty club from Eastern Germany which an infamous hooligan group is Chemnitzer FC, formerly known as Karl Marx Stadt. Their crowd is called HooNaRa which stands for "Hooligans, Nazis, Racists". They formed during the early/mid 90s and became one of the top firms in Germany, although the actual club plays in the 3rd division. Anyway, those guys were an elite soccer gang that consisted mainly of MMA fighters who were pumped up with steroids. Huge dudes, tattooed all over thinking about violence all day long. I met them a couple of times and they had a complete different mindset than my fellow comrades. We were like old school and those guys were a new breed, more vicious, more keen on violence and mayhem.
So, at the Chemnitzer FC you had the HooNaRa which were their elite and you had the general fans called New Society, when debriefed it was NS – see? I think it was back in 2006 when those clubs crashed. It was a home match for St. Pauli and when Chemnitz arrived in Hamburg their occurred riots instantly. WHen they made it to the ground the NS boys showed off the banned swastika flag to provoke the St. Pauli fans, but cut out the actual swastika, so you just had a red flag with a withe spot in the middle, which is totally legal in Germany. Wow, that was a smart move and enraged the SP fans. After the match the usual riots took place with the police in full riot gear and water cannons. That match made it to the news as well. But here comes the real story: The boys from HooNaRa joined the main fans in order to get to Hamburg, but they had no interest in watching the match. When they arrived at the main station they were followed by the cops. I mean, those guys are real big, tattooed up to the neck and wearing Bermuda shirts (!!!) and sun glasses, looking like the extreme sports version of Magnum. Alright, after getting away with the cops by just smashing them they went on to a part of the town where all the immigrants live. When they came there they imminently looked out for a little soccer ground. And when you have little soccer grounds in the cities here in Germany they are usually caged in order to avoid the ball from flying onto the streets. In that ground you usually had a bunch of immigrant youth playing soccer all day. What happened then is the HooNaRa boys walking into one of those cages, leaving one man as a lookout at the door. All hell broke lose. They smashed on everyone inside that cage leaving none save. Those dudes get a real rush from f'king ppl up those it lasted for a couple of minutes. After finishing the job they went away looking for some more violence to spread. At the end of the day they beat the shit out of a lot of people and went back to the station, going home with the main crowd of the Chemnitz fans. Scary story...

Another St. Pauli story is also back from 2006. In the beginning of the actual century hooligans where harassed by the police more and more and were forced to take the action somewhere else. They formed little groups inside those hooligan cliques which organized prearranged fist fights that were held on non-match days to avoid any attention by the police. Those fights were usually held in forests and parks so they were called "Wald und Wiese" (Forrest and Lawn). Most of the bigger firms had such a elite squad. Sooner or later the boys from St. Pauli formed their own "Wald und Wiese" troop, a bunch of around 20 boys. They had to be very careful who they's arrange a fight with, because you had so many firms that hated them for being left winged. All went well for a certain time and they had opponents like Gelsenkirchen who would just take it to the sports. leaving politics behind. One day the guys from Kiel (Northern Germany club, playing 3rd division) called St. Pauli and made a date. St. Pauli agreed and they met somewhere for a fair fight. Well, here comes the catch. In the city of Kiel you had a guy from a town called Magdeburg away on a construction job. Magdeburg have been one time the number 2 in Germany, right behind the infamous Berlin boys. As every club from the minor Eastern divisions they where totally right winged and had that Eastern mindset I described above. That guy made the Kiel crew take St. Pauli for a ride. When the small group from Hamburg arrived at the given place it wasn't the Kiel crew who welcomed them. It was the hardcore gang from Magdeburg who showed up. To make it short: The St. Pauli lads ended up in hospital, nearly beaten to death, some of them having multiple cracks in their skulls, jaws, whatever. After that day there where no more St. Pauli hooligans.

I don't really like St. Pauli, but that stories scared me. Made me feel sorry for them.

Naw, just kidding. F**k St. Pauli! :lol:

natur
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Cassalla

Re: German Club "St. Pauli"

Unread post by natur » January 3rd, 2013, 7:54 am

nice post wolf, good stories
you are toally right from what i know st. pauli is the only leftwing crowd here

i myself never really been involved in the hool thing, have a couple of friends who were/are active
but i dont really know about their status within the scene
heard some crazy stories and seen some vids

never really liked st. pauli since i really like hsv, but im not from hamburg so no hard feelings

Wolf what you think about the boys from dresden, from what ive been told they are crazy and ruthless and they are many,
you seem to know the scene so it would be nice to hear your opinion about these guys.

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » January 4th, 2013, 5:36 am

THX natur. Yeah, I have been around for a couple of years, but I am inactive since the World championship 2006. So, my knowledge might not be the best up to date.

Dresden, yeah, the infamous ones. I never talked to one of them in personal. Their "off ground" crew was one of the best back in the day. Saw a fight between Berlin and Dresden and must admit that it was an equal match. Berlin is more crazy but when it comes to pure fighting skills, Dresden could compete easily. Their boss was a guy called Yves who organized all the dates with other firms. They rarely lost any fight. Personally I know of one match they had against Chemnitz that went to Chemnitz and another one that they had against Bochum. Don't underestimate them. Their club might play 2nd division and they might not have the biggest crowd, but their hardcore crew is one of the best in Western Germany. I talked to one of them and he described the fight like "I was throwing punches, kicks, whatever, couldn't really get my mind clear. When I calmed down and had a look at the scenery I saw all that big dudes down at the ground. I wondered if we might have won. Yeah, we did it".
Dresden had also several fights against Kaiserslautern (one of Western Germanys finest back then). Stalin and the elite from his Red Army were a force to be reckoned with. When Dresden came knocking you always heard that shouting "Dynamo! Dynamo!" with that ugly Eastern German accent in a voice that one could hear from far away. Was kinda scary. Dresden went through the K-Town lines like a hot knife goes through butter. It was a real sinister scene. Yves was shouting in a military style voice, giving commands. After they got knocked down, Kaiserslautern would thank them for that fair fight. I mean, they got knocked out like nothing and they would thank them? Woooow!
Another rumor that had it was about one of the friendly matches before the world championship in Prag. I don't really get the story straight, so it might not be totally correct. One of the Prag boys had a knife which he used during an attack on the German lads and he stabbed someone in the leg. All hools tried to look for that one and the Dresden boys finally got him. So, rumor had it they caught him alone and beat that guy to death hence leaving the country asap. They never got get by the cops.
Anyway, you have to make a difference (as usual) between the Ultras and the Hooligans. Their hooligans are hard to the core as mentioned above and their ultras are strong in numbers. I don't know too much about them, because I was never close to the whole ultra thing. The media always gets it confused, because the guys that cause trouble at the matches are the ultras, not the hooligans. It might mix in a certain way, because those riots attract hooligans as well. But hooligans today are fewer in numbers. To make a long story short. A friend of mine who is still active got disappointed by the Dresden lads because they didn't seek any confrontation that day. But that may refer to the ultras, not to the hooligans. Another friend of mine had an "off ground" match that day against Dresden and it was a fair fight with my boys winning. I don't know which guys they fought, might have been a younger generation of Dynamos. As I said above, my actual active years are over since six years and six years are a long time for another generation to grow. Some of the kids I hung out with are professional MMA fighters today and some of the old hardcore guys got older. So do the math. As we say in German "Die Luft an der Spitze wird dünner" (the air's getting thin up there).

Dresden is one of the Eastern clubs I rarely had contact to. Our main friends over there have been Chemnitz, Aue, Erfurt and Berlin. It was always amazing to see how vicious they were, still are.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » January 4th, 2013, 2:42 pm

I went to Hertha Bsc games with my dad often back in the days and to me the Rostock Fans stood out as straight out neo nazis, at least many of them.
I was in Rostock too when they were meeting up at the train station to take the train to some game. We had our ghetto blaster with us, listening too Jimmy Hendrix and smoking joints at the train station. We were traveling to the beach of the Baltic sea, for a vacation.
I was a little nervous considering that there was a big mob of racist nazi hooligans a few metres away from us, lol.

I also remember some Dortmund Fans doing the Hitler salute and always yelling Sieg Heil.
And i was

To be honest i never liked any of that nazi stuff thats why i didnt like these people either.

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » January 6th, 2013, 10:41 am

That game must have been somewhere back in the 90s, right? I remember the Rostock crowd as somehow funny. When they played my team I saw their mob leader dressed like some wannabe 80s popper. U know, hair slicked back with lots of gel, wearing two big golden earrings and the usual Chevignon jacket worn. Not too much memories about them. At one instance they worked the Essen Lions good (Essen Lions or Munich Lions, don't really know), that was also back in the 90s.

Dortmund is one of the cities having a huge rightist crowd. Lots of my former mates were from Dortmund. They had close ties with the local neo nazis and Bandidos as well. Their off ground crew is called Northside, the offspring of the infamous Borussenfront. One of the early founding members of the NS (sic!) is the son of SS-Siggis best friend. He went to jail for three years for manslaughter, for knocking out a Moroccan in a bar who fell with his head to the ground and was dead instantly. NS was founded in the first years of this century and has grown to the main force in Dortmund. I could tell a lot of stories about them, some funny, some sinister. Here is one which is generally known (at least in the hooligan world), so I don't tell too much on anyone.
One of the first prearranged fights the young lads from Dortmund had against Leverkusen. The LEV leader was a martial arts trainer who commanded a clique of full grown men. Well, to make a long story short: NS got a bad beating, Leverkusians sitting on top of them and beating the shit outa them. That was a call for brutal revenge.
Somehow (I won't tell you how) the Dortmund lads got contact with the infamous Chemnitz HooNaRa. Impressed by those killer guys they told their story and invited Chemnitz to join a match against Leverkusen.
Well, at the day of the match Dortmund built up the first lines hiding the monsters from Chemnitz behind them. Leverkusen came cheering and laughing, expecting another easy victory. When the two groups clashed the front lines opened and the Chemnitz lads swarmed like locust on the unaware Leverkusians. The whole place was filled with hate and brutality. They got a sever beating like you won't believe. Real ugly. They tried to flee to their cars but where all beaten down to the ground. One young skinhead was knocked out so ugly with a single punch that he wasn't able to walk properly for at least 15 minutes. They then took the camera and filmed the LEV leader lying down in the dirt and picked on him verbally. He didn't dare to move. Well, they uploaded that video on youtube. And in between all that chaos came a tractor riding farmer asking what was going on. The answer from one of the grown up men was like "Ah, don't worry, we're just into a game of Policemen and Robbers." Having no other opportunity the farmer left for good.
That happened back in 2004 or 05, can't recall that exactly. After that one Dortmund got famous instantly. Everyone was going like "Wow, have you seen how they beat down the Leverkusians?"
I could go on like this, but I don't wanna tell on nobody. :mrgreen:

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » January 6th, 2013, 11:58 am

@Wolf, Have you ever seen this Video? Talking about Borussenfront... :mrgreen:

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

Unread post by punamusta » January 6th, 2013, 12:17 pm

It's a shame that so many hooligan firms in Europe, especially in Eastern Europe are nothing but neo-nazis. How can those Eastern European guys be yelling Sieg heil and doing Nazi-salutes in their home cities, while their grandfathers where fighting against the Nazis to defend those very same cities?

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » January 7th, 2013, 7:17 am

Oh yeah, I've seen this one over and over again. It's a hell of fun! I know one of those goes from Dortmund. Didn't change a lot since then... :lol:

Well, concerning politics: I never cared too much about it. I hate politics and I can't stand political discussions. As long as ppl don't bother me with their shit and we get along, I don't care about it. I know most ppl don't understand this point of view, but I was raised in a very political family from the 60s generation. And I am so tired of that shit. U can go and argue in any point of view if u want to. There is one true thing about arguments: Discussions aren't won by the best argument, but by the one who has the stronger will. Because on every argument there is another one for the opposition. I'll give you an example:
punamusta wrote:How can those Eastern European guys be yelling Sieg heil and doing Nazi-salutes in their home cities, while their grandfathers where fighting against the Nazis to defend those very same cities?
How can those German Antifa lads be against their home country, while their forefathers fought for the great German cause?

Don't get me wrong, I don't share that point of view, but it is what it is. Peace, man! 8)

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » January 7th, 2013, 12:34 pm

punamusta wrote:It's a shame that so many hooligan firms in Europe, especially in Eastern Europe are nothing but neo-nazis. How can those Eastern European guys be yelling Sieg heil and doing Nazi-salutes in their home cities, while their grandfathers where fighting against the Nazis to defend those very same cities?
There is no rhyme or reason to it, people are just attracted to the hardcore image of the nazi, the "super-soldierdom", being tough, patriotic etc.
Its the same alle around the world.
I mean check this out:

Mongolian Neo-Nazi Skinheads chasing chinese people. You got that fascination everywhere. I once heard that about half of the worlds nazi skinehead population is in Russia. Thats some crazy shit.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » January 7th, 2013, 2:10 pm

Sentenza wrote:
punamusta wrote:It's a shame that so many hooligan firms in Europe, especially in Eastern Europe are nothing but neo-nazis. How can those Eastern European guys be yelling Sieg heil and doing Nazi-salutes in their home cities, while their grandfathers where fighting against the Nazis to defend those very same cities?
There is no rhyme or reason to it, people are just attracted to the hardcore image of the nazi, the "super-soldierdom", being tough, patriotic etc.
Its the same alle around the world.
I mean check this out:

Mongolian Neo-Nazi Skinheads chasing chinese people. You got that fascination everywhere. I once heard that about half of the worlds nazi skinehead population is in Russia. Thats some crazy shit.
Hahaha, oh man, those Mongolian nazis!

What I ment with that Eastern European nazis thing, is that in those parts there are way more neo-nazis than in other parts of Europe - we all know that. And those very same countries fought against the Nazis. I don't know, I just find it crazy. But you're right that they definetly are attracted to the patriot and violent side of nazism and as Eastern European countries are pretty fresh off of the Soviet Union, they tend to be very patriotic and "over-protective" of their countries. That might explain the numbers of neo-nazis in Eastern Europe.

That neo-nazi thing is getting bigger here in Finland, too. People hate EU, say that too many immigrants are coming to Finland, and vote for anti-immigrant style political parties. One of those parties is currently 3rd biggest political party in here... And the on-going bad economical situation just gives them more fuel.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » January 7th, 2013, 2:24 pm

I think this is pretty funny clip of Finnish neo-nazi. This guy obviously has the Eastern genotype strong in him as he looks distanly an Asian man (as some here do). Like a living example of a man Hitler called the "lowest dirt apart from Mongolians". That was the case before the Continuation War where Finns were together with the Hitler's Germany. Then we suddenly were Aryans to him, hahah. Well, I think he did the same with the Japanese, too... But yeah, this guy still supports the neo-nazism and calmly admits that his criminal record is 67 pages long and mostly consists of assaults... And he feels he's doing the right thing and protecting our country.

First 3 minutes of the clip is about this neo-nazi guy:

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » January 8th, 2013, 12:15 am

Sentenza wrote: ...people are just attracted to the hardcore image of the nazi, the "super-soldierdom", being tough, patriotic etc.
Its the same alle around the world...
That's on point exactly. It is more about machismo than about politics. I'll tell you a short one:
Someone I knew was a hardcore racist activist. U know, the whole Combat 18 thing. Attending White Power concerts, assaults on left winged activists, a to z, u name it. And he was also doing steroids and going to the gym all day long. He was telling me he did some workout with a couple of Turkish guys. I was like "Why would u work out with them?" Got me confused. ANd he answered "Because they admire me". U could see that this guy was rightist through his ink. He had a triskelion tattooed on his forearm, along with celtic crosses. I went on "What? Why do they admire you?" - "Because I am doing a tuff work out."

At that point I would understand the whole nazi thing. It's about machismo, plain and simple.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » January 11th, 2013, 2:06 pm

HungryWolf wrote:
How can those German Antifa lads be against their home country, while their forefathers fought for the great German cause?
Cause they are part of the generation that has been indoctrinated to hate germany in order to keep it down, out of fear of a new german nationalism after WW2 just like it happened after WW1 and because the atrocities that the Nazis committed were hard to swallow and neglect for any human being without a conscience.
This made germany schizophrenic in that sense. I can understand the Antifa in that aspect that they fight Nazis and fascists, but i dont like their extreme negativity and self hatred.
I am a patriot but at the same time dont like racists and fascists. Many of my friends are from all over the world, my wife is from turkey, i grew up in West-Berlin, Kreuzberg etc., therefore i could never side with the hardcore bunch of rightwingers.
But i love home and i am a strong supporter of the german soccer team, especially Özil. :lol:
I believe most of these Hooligans/Skins and hardcore soccer fans are just looking for something to attach themselves too, they need a sense of belonging to something, just like everyone else.

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » January 14th, 2013, 2:45 am

Sentenza wrote: I can understand the Antifa in that aspect that they fight Nazis and fascists, but i dont like their extreme negativity and self hatred.
Word. The more extremist ppl r the more idiot they become. I think we share the same point of view. I read an interesting post in another forum. "How do you stop racism? Stop thinking about it."

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » March 18th, 2013, 5:47 pm

punamusta wrote:
This is completely off-topic, but I just heard that this skinhead guy on the video that I was speaking on (appears on first 3 minutes of this clip) has been killed yesterday. Apparently he was beaten and stabbed to death, and the people who did it are most likely members of the United Brotherhood criminal gang. Two months ago couple of these skinheads shot two of the UB-members with Uzis and one of them died. Now it seems they toke their revenge... or a part of it anyway. I wasn't a fan of this guy, but may he rest in peace anyway...

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » March 19th, 2013, 6:01 am

punamusta wrote:
punamusta wrote:
This is completely off-topic, but I just heard that this skinhead guy on the video that I was speaking on (appears on first 3 minutes of this clip) has been killed yesterday. Apparently he was beaten and stabbed to death, and the people who did it are most likely members of the United Brotherhood criminal gang. Two months ago couple of these skinheads shot two of the UB-members with Uzis and one of them died. Now it seems they toke their revenge... or a part of it anyway. I wasn't a fan of this guy, but may he rest in peace anyway...
Sounds like a classical case of what goes around comes around.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » March 19th, 2013, 8:55 am

Sentenza wrote:
Sounds like a classical case of what goes around comes around.
Very true. And most probably this guy won't be the last one to be killed after the incident with the UB-gang... People are suggesting that the UB wants to kill everyone who had a part in that previous shooting and killing of their member. Really wouldn't want to be in these guys shoes right now.. But I still kinda feel sympathy towards these guys as they simply are just lost and have found this skinhead-thing just to keep them in part of something.

HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by HungryWolf » April 1st, 2013, 11:41 am

So, u would feel sympathy for the dead guy or for the killers?