Tales from the Hood ~

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Tales from the Hood ~

Unread post by MARTINEZ » May 7th, 2013, 12:20 pm

anybody here got any good tales from the hood?

only thing i ask is keep it 100

fuck your hood if you lie about thing! straight up

lemme work sum up real quick ...

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Tales from the Hood ~

Unread post by MARTINEZ » May 7th, 2013, 1:06 pm

Tales from the Hood ~

The year is 1987.

This took place in the city terrace section of East Los Angeles

I was 15 years old at the time, I had just gotten out from doing a year straight locked up

Yup …at 14 years I got locked up and did a year straight … I get out exactly one year later.

So once I’m out … I’m turnt up and acting crazy like a motherfucker; like a lion finally free from his cage

I’m mobbing down the street with my 2 best friends & roll dogs Termite and Fly (R.I.P) from clique ~ the 24/7 Locos

We’re going down one of our main blocks ~ Brannick Avenue and Folsom street in the heart of our varrio

As we turn the corner, we bump into an older vato from Lopez Maravilla; this was before we had official pedo with Lopez MV,

even though we were already hitting up ‘Maravilla killers’ on the walls cause of our pedo with El Hoyo MV, Gage Boys MV, Maravilla Rifa, Folsom St; Juarez MV and Pomoroy MV + the all the Maravilla Project gangs: Rock MV, High Times Stoners and Rascals Maravilla

actually now that I think about it, Lopez MV was the last of our MV neighboring border gangs who we actually went to war with.

so anyways - this vato is at least in his mid-20s, I’m only 15 and he starts talking about how he don’t have respect for us (TLS 13)

How he don’t look at us like a traditional varrio… yada yada yada

so I challenge him, him call him out for some straight chuckums and I tell him, “let’s go - one on one, head up putazos” and I take flight on his ass …

Crack! Crack! Crack! Crack!

Hollering at him the whole time: this THE LOTT 13 Locos gang!

This 15 year old east side gang member whoops this veteran in his mid-20’s ass, and true to my word, I didn’t allow or want my homeboys to get involved even if it the fight didn’t go my way

as my homeboys vigilantly just watch the action, wanting but not needing what-so-ever to get involved

I dazed the fuck outta him…

crack! Rock his ass and he was now stumbling like a drunken wino from the putazos I inflicted on him

apparently this vato couldn’t take an ass whooping like a man, so he pulls out a fiero/knife on me

and says “ what’s up now, ese”? clearly believing the tide has turned in his favor…

I’m thinking “Fuck, I ain’t got shit on me”

At that moment - my true blue homeboy Termite, who is standing on the other side of him, tosses me his fiero/knife in the air over this vatos head

I catch it and whip that shit out with the quickness, and say, “That’s right ese, what is up now, puro LOTT 13 !!!”

The vato bows down and left with his pride completely taken from him

on EAST LOS and on my varrio – that’s exactly how it went down.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » May 7th, 2013, 6:04 pm

I was once arrested for arson, vandalism and illegal possession of a firearm.
We downed a bottle of liquor and were on one.
We tried to blow up a gas station and burn down a public toilet.
As we were walking down the street we lobbed big bike racks through windows and tore some other shit apart, looking for someone to fight with.
All of a sudden about 30 cops in several cars pulled around all corners, i was like
they had been observing us and thought there were more of us (we were 3 people).
They stripsearched me and found a gun on me that i had bought that day from one of the friends i was with.
During the interrogation i lied for him, but he blamed it all on us, snitched to save his butt.
I made up some stupid story, the cop was telling me that he would tear my fairytale apart.
All charges were dropped luckily because of some technical mistakes they made and they didnt observe enough to charge us, also in the end no one was harmed.
Lesson for that day: dont trust no idiot and dont mess with gas stations. Could have went worse.
Stupid stuff from back in the day. I was 16 back then.

natur
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Cassalla

Unread post by natur » May 8th, 2013, 1:31 am

about 10 years ago i went to a club/bar with no security. with 2 friends
in the club it was all good, we 3 seperated somehow, i ended up at one end of the bar talking to some girl.
after a while it got hectic on the other end of the bar, as i looked i saw one of the homies getting into a fight and 2 or 3 guys were moving in his direction, so i automaticly ran towards the homie to prevent him from getting jumped, my other friend doing the same i assumed cause he was there shortly after me. not try to act all hard but we fucked them up pretty good,
i dont know how or why but police were there super fast, so we had to run, we was lucky enough that the cops hadnt seen us, they were just searching unknown suspects, being drunk and exhausted from serving these punks i grew tired of running pretty fast and i came up with an i thought smart plan
i stopped running at a corner and started to act as if i would vomit, with the noises and everything and act super drunk i guess i was really authentic.
soon cops came up to me and i thought im so stupid i should have run with the other 2 but now they getting me cause of my stupidity
but like in a movie cops asked me if i saw some guys running, i pointed out the wrong direction and the popos went along
i phoned my guys, told em what happened and laughed my ass off, specially since one of the homeis fell in mudd while fleeing
noone of us were charged or anything, i still smile when i think about it

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena

Unread post by femun » May 10th, 2013, 11:39 am

MARTINEZ wrote:Tales from the Hood ~

The year is 1987.

This took place in the city terrace section of East Los Angeles

I was 15 years old at the time, I had just gotten out from doing a year straight locked up

Yup …at 14 years I got locked up and did a year straight … I get out exactly one year later.

So once I’m out … I’m turnt up and acting crazy like a motherfucker; like a lion finally free from his cage

I’m mobbing down the street with my 2 best friends & roll dogs Termite and Fly (R.I.P) from clique ~ the 24/7 Locos

We’re going down one of our main blocks ~ Brannick Avenue and Folsom street in the heart of our varrio

As we turn the corner, we bump into an older vato from Lopez Maravilla; this was before we had official pedo with Lopez MV,

even though we were already hitting up ‘Maravilla killers’ on the walls cause of our pedo with El Hoyo MV, Gage Boys MV, Maravilla Rifa, Folsom St; Juarez MV and Pomoroy MV + the all the Maravilla Project gangs: Rock MV, High Times Stoners and Rascals Maravilla

actually now that I think about it, Lopez MV was the last of our MV neighboring border gangs who we actually went to war with.

so anyways - this vato is at least in his mid-20s, I’m only 15 and he starts talking about how he don’t have respect for us (TLS 13)

How he don’t look at us like a traditional varrio… yada yada yada

so I challenge him, him call him out for some straight chuckums and I tell him, “let’s go - one on one, head up putazos” and I take flight on his ass …

Crack! Crack! Crack! Crack!

Hollering at him the whole time: this THE LOTT 13 Locos gang!

This 15 year old east side gang member whoops this veteran in his mid-20’s ass, and true to my word, I didn’t allow or want my homeboys to get involved even if it the fight didn’t go my way

as my homeboys vigilantly just watch the action, wanting but not needing what-so-ever to get involved

I dazed the fuck outta him…

crack! Rock his ass and he was now stumbling like a drunken wino from the putazos I inflicted on him

apparently this vato couldn’t take an ass whooping like a man, so he pulls out a fiero/knife on me

and says “ what’s up now, ese”? clearly believing the tide has turned in his favor…

I’m thinking “Fuck, I ain’t got shit on me”

At that moment - my true blue homeboy Termite, who is standing on the other side of him, tosses me his fiero/knife in the air over this vatos head

I catch it and whip that shit out with the quickness, and say, “That’s right ese, what is up now, puro LOTT 13 !!!”

The vato bows down and left with his pride completely taken from him

on EAST LOS and on my varrio – that’s exactly how it went down.

at this time were you a cholo or a stoner?

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » May 13th, 2013, 10:59 am

Cholos

So were all the homeboys who were with me

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT » May 16th, 2013, 7:40 pm

Martinez,

"Stoners" are from the early to mid 70's ? Did they have long hair or hair pass their shoulders? Im wondering, because i was looking through some of my uncles photo albums from the Harbor Area (Wilmas and San Pedro) and they all had hair pass their shoulder, but weren't from an established hood. They committed crime and did state time and later became from their local gang.

My pops always told me cholos were outsiders in the 60's-70's. He called my uncles long hairs or hippies, but according to the times and stilo they fit the criteria of a stoner. They later became cholos after doing state time or hanging with the local gang members.

Just like everything else, I'm assuming "HOMIES" are the majority in the Penn, so anyone committing crime is going to fallow suit. So any current style rather it be stoner, taggers, rebels, steezers, skaters, etc.... are probably going to be the majority or the popular ones on the streets, but once they committ crime and do time, then it's a whole other ball game.

I remeber chopping it up with you a few years ago, and I know stoners might be before your time, but I was just wondering if you knew anything about them.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » May 17th, 2013, 1:08 pm

Qvo Big-Bandit

here you homie...

the Chicano Stoner Era

Of course we’re talking specially about the Chicano Stoner Era that kick off in East Los .. and all of L.A. county amongst Raza, for that matter

si’mon - I have that era starting at least the mid-1970s

but Stoner vatos – which is a Marijuano in its most literal translation – were around way before that.

There’s always been Raza that bumped that old hard-core Rock n Roll like Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, CCR, the Doors, the Animals, Rollin Stones, ect

and you already know Raza that groups up together to drink pisto, smoke weed and get high is always a recipe for desmadre and starting shit

Chicano Stoner gangs in L.A.

There is evidence that ‘Stoners 13 Locos’ (S13L’s) might have been the very 1st official Stoner gang that came out in 1974 of the Estrada Courts projects

At least in East Los I believe they were the first to my knowledge.

I made a list of all the Stoner gangs I could remember when I frsit came to sg.com in 2004, then Gibby added to it as well… the greater majority of these gangs where in East Los

The Chicano Stoner gangs were in a unique category and also sprang up in other parts of L.A. County –

In West Los, gangs such as Mid-City Stoners(1981) and years later, a group named Mara Salvatrucha Stoners (1983/84) now MS-13 to be formed. In Gardena - there were Dog Town Stoners, in South Central L.A. - King Blvd Stoners. In Watts – Morton Town Stoners, In Long Beach – West Side Stoners etc etc

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » May 18th, 2013, 6:20 am

lot stoners ?

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » May 20th, 2013, 7:03 am

we always spell LOTT with double t’s …. Since 1977

anything else is a typo, especially if your referring to the L.A Times article from the 80s

All the original founding members of THE LOTT STONERS gang (TLS~13) that came out in 1977 were straight marijaunaos, drunks, frio-heads, brawlers, caga palos /shit starters

The would have rumbles with other clikas in East Los…

They were also into jacking shit, stealing cars, robberies… but were not dooming shit … yet

when there were no other rivals to fight with; they would fight each other… that was the norm & culture in our hood.

The next generation after that , which were my immediate older homeboys– appx 3 to 4 years older than me; started the LOCOS clika

I would say half were cholos and the other half had the Stoner look; but regardless they all bumped Rock n Roll … long hair or short-hair, didn’t matter, they were still Rock n Roll Gangsters

I had some homeboys who had firme ass long hair, like Apaches and it was/is what a thing of pride

same shit… they were jacking shit, stealing cars, robberies, rumbles … but they turned up a notch and also started slanging loquera and Gang banging’

at first it was mostly with bats, bumper jacks and fileros /knives … but that quickly elevated to gun play

these are the main vatos that started hitting Y.A. and pintas and of course, we’re all Chicanos from EAST LOS … straight SUR 13 on ours.

Note: off the top of my head – I do have two original founders that are pintos - N*** and G****

after that was my generation came out – we were actively gang banging – that was our main agenda, plus all of the above desmadre as well;

especially my crew of THE LOTT 13 Locos were all cholos & gangsters … we were hitting juvinile halls, camps and Y.A.’s really early.

I started going to jail at 14 years old.

I personally was bumping almost exclusively oldies, old school rap of the time, Too Short, EPMD, NWA ect ect – as were most of my crew

I didn’t come back to my Rock n Roll Gangster roots until well after I maxed out my youth authority term in Y.T.S in February of 1993

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » May 20th, 2013, 8:59 am

[quote="MARTINEZ"]we always spell LOTT with double t’s …. Since 1977

anything else is a typo, especially if your referring to the L.A Times article from the 80s

All the original founding members of THE LOTT STONERS gang (TLS~13) that came out in 1977 were straight marijaunaos, drunks, frio-heads, brawlers, caga palos /shit starters

The would have rumbles with other clikas in East Los…

They were also into jacking shit, stealing cars, robberies… but were not dooming shit … yet

when there were no other rivals to fight with; they would fight each other… that was the norm & culture in our hood.

The next generation after that , which were my immediate older homeboys– appx 3 to 4 years older than me; started the LOCOS clika

I would say half were cholos and the other half had the Stoner look; but regardless they all bumped Rock n Roll … long hair or short-hair, didn’t matter, they were still Rock n Roll Gangsters

I had some homeboys who had firme ass long hair, like Apaches and it was/is what a thing of pride

same shit… they were jacking shit, stealing cars, robberies, rumbles … but they turned up a notch and also started slanging loquera and Gang banging’

at first it was mostly with bats, bumper jacks and fileros /knives … but that quickly elevated to gun play

these are the main vatos that started hitting Y.A. and pintas and of course, we’re all Chicanos from EAST LOS … straight SUR 13 on ours.

Note: off the top of my head – I do have two original founders that are pintos - N*** and G****

after that was my generation came out – we were actively gang banging – that was our main agenda, plus all of the above desmadre as well;

especially my crew of THE LOTT 13 Locos were all cholos & gangsters … we were hitting juvinile halls, camps and Y.A.’s really early.

I started going to jail at 14 years old.

I personally was bumping almost exclusively oldies, old school rap of the time, Too Short, EPMD, NWA ect ect – as were most of my crew

I didn’t come back to my Rock n Roll Gangster roots until well after I maxed out my youth authority term in Y.T.S in February of 1993

.[/quote]ok the og's of your hood are the lott stoners... thanks for the history so the locos first team your direct elders were locos of the lott stoners gang or the name already did flipped since u describe your direct elder was half stoner half cholo that loco clika was bangin tls ls on walls ?and your clika who is still locos but from your generation are all cholo gangsta style when yall decided to drop stoner out of the hood name ?

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » May 20th, 2013, 11:41 am

most of the youngsters since my generation wrote, hit up and pushed v. LOTT 13

that’s what I got stamped on me real big since the mid-1980s

but even the youngsters today will get the St. Louis logo blasted on them for TLS

so at the end of the day, it’s still THE LOTT STONERS gang. That’s the foundation

plus the initials TLS-13 are also interchangeable for THE LOTT * SURENOS 13

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOL

Unread post by Young Nile » May 20th, 2013, 11:36 pm

[quote="MARTINEZ"]Qvo Big-Bandit

here you homie...

[u]the Chicano Stoner Era[/u]

Of course we’re talking specially about the Chicano Stoner Era that kick off in East Los .. and all of L.A. county amongst Raza, for that matter

si’mon - I have that era starting at least the mid-1970s

but Stoner vatos – which is a Marijuano in its most literal translation – were around way before that.

There’s always been Raza that bumped that old hard-core Rock n Roll like Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, CCR, the Doors, the Animals, Rollin Stones, ect

and you already know Raza that groups up together to drink pisto, smoke weed and get high is always a recipe for desmadre and starting shit

[u]Chicano Stoner gangs in L.A.[/u]

There is evidence that ‘Stoners 13 Locos’ (S13L’s) might have been the very 1st official Stoner gang that came out in 1974 of the Estrada Courts projects

At least in East Los I believe they were the first to my knowledge.

I made a list of all the Stoner gangs I could remember when I frsit came to sg.com in 2004, then Gibby added to it as well… the greater majority of these gangs where in East Los

The Chicano Stoner gangs were in a unique category and also sprang up in other parts of L.A. County –

In West Los, gangs such as Mid-City Stoners(1981) and years later, a group named Mara Salvatrucha Stoners (1983/84) now MS-13 to be formed. In Gardena - there were Dog Town Stoners, in South Central L.A. - King Blvd Stoners. In Watts – Morton Town Stoners, In Long Beach – West Side Stoners etc etc[/quote]

The Stoner gang era for Chicanos in Los Angeles kinda sounds like the Hustler gang era for the Blacks in the Los Angeles...Eventually they all moved up to the next level...

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: C_ArSoN

Unread post by Adobo » December 18th, 2013, 2:14 pm

Nice 'tale' Martinez...straight beat down huh... 8)

Well mines isn't as exciting but nonetheless sticks in my memory.

So I grew up in the Harbor x Area. It was Christmas Day, early 90s and me n 3 friends decided to go to the del amo mall to the movies.

It's about 7p at night and we rolling down 228th st in ESTorrance hood. Right before we get to western ave, there's a store that had a pay phone. Well wee see this cholo on the phone and he's mad-dogging us. We ignore him and get to western and were about to turn left when a dark green CLEAN ass Monte Carlo w/ chrome Dayton's pulls up w/ 4 bald heads (including the guy on the phone) pulls up next to us and says 'where u vatos from?'???

Well I don't bang and neither does my other 2 friends but my third friend Mariano is affiliated w/ the Harbor City Rifa. (His entire family is from there)

Before I could say we don't bang, (I was sitting passenger) they pull out a SHOT GUN and it's literally 2 ft from my face and I hear a 'click'...the gun JAMMED and all of us are scared shitless and Mariano yells 'drive fool, drive'. My friend punches it and we burn rubber on western and right when we hit Sepulveda, there's a blast and pellets shatter the rear window.

Just so happens there's a torrance pd cruising western, hears the shots, pulls us over and as he's talking to us the green Monte Carlo drives by and throw their varrio up and say 'east side torrance' gang!! WTF :?:

The cop is frazzled, he don't know whether to chase them or stick w/ us. The Monte Carlo burnt out n fled down Sepulveda.

Well we never told the cops who shot at at us and I'm sure they figured it out but never heard from the cops and no one was hurt. All's well that ends well. No harm, no foul... :lol:

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Lazy Angeles

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » December 18th, 2013, 9:07 pm

Koo story Adobo. Although its true pigs can't leave their immediate suspects for another..those torrance made a gamble. Still, gangsta shit.

Welcome to the forum

Where you from?

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Lazy Angeles

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » December 18th, 2013, 9:18 pm

I just reread your tale. Disregard that question.

Sounds like you ran the streets although you didn't bang. I bet there was a time you wanted to :D :D

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: C_ArSoN

Unread post by Adobo » December 18th, 2013, 10:56 pm

Lol...Victorious, nah I'm cool just being a normal dude having friends from all over. It helps!

And actually a few yrs later I made friends w/ dudes from EST that were going to Narbonne. I never told them what happened but these cats actually saved my ass a few times from the HC gangs. (They had sum good rumbles w/ the hcr's and the hcc's)

You can never have too many friends from various sets/crews/hoods/posse/varrios. At least that's my opinion. :idea:

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”