Norteno Music

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Re: Norteno Music

Unread post by silentwssj » July 12th, 2014, 5:47 pm

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 12th, 2014, 5:50 pm

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: 408

Unread post by ~J~ » July 13th, 2014, 1:54 am

silentwssj wrote:I definitely like the background music! I couldn't help but notice that he was singing about growing up in south central though! A little off topic there! I will give you a pass though, as I am sure that your point is that it is good music with a good message! I am open minded, so that is cool! Where you been at lately ~J~? You are the originator of the Nor-Cal thread! We need you back my man! I miss our conversations! Hit me up anytime!
A man! I'll be back into this mix soon, Just been busy with other things. I also enjoyed chopping it up with you fellows, especially reading your enlighten posts!

Anyways...

I actually thought about not posting that song for the reasons you mentioned. and yes, wanted to share the good message this vato sending out about the gang lifestyle.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 13th, 2014, 7:13 am

~J~ wrote:
silentwssj wrote:I definitely like the background music! I couldn't help but notice that he was singing about growing up in south central though! A little off topic there! I will give you a pass though, as I am sure that your point is that it is good music with a good message! I am open minded, so that is cool! Where you been at lately ~J~? You are the originator of the Nor-Cal thread! We need you back my man! I miss our conversations! Hit me up anytime!
A man! I'll be back into this mix soon, Just been busy with other things. I also enjoyed chopping it up with you fellows, especially reading your enlighten posts!

Anyways...

I actually thought about not posting that song for the reasons you mentioned. and yes, wanted to share the good message this vato sending out about the gang lifestyle.
Sounds good my brother! I definitely welcome you back! I am working out of town at the moment, so I will only be able to answer you Friday-Sunday! Take care and God Bless! Silent!

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 19th, 2014, 11:50 am

I had this song on cassette tape when I was in prison. We used to bust down doing burpies to it. 1,2,X, 4, want some get some, cant stop wont stop, Nortenos never drop! was our cadence! All the other inmates would walk by looking at us like we were crazy for being so bold as to do this! None of them ever did challenge us about it though!

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 19th, 2014, 11:53 am

silentwssj wrote:

I had this song on cassette tape when I was in prison. We used to bust down doing burpies to it. 1,2,X, 4, want some get some, cant stop wont stop, Nortenos never drop! was our cadence! All the other inmates would walk by looking at us like we were crazy for being so bold as to do this! None of them ever did challenge us about it though!

Woops here it is!

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 19th, 2014, 11:57 am

Flashback!

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 25th, 2014, 2:44 pm

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 25th, 2014, 5:32 pm

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 26th, 2014, 1:09 pm

Check out these girls, DAAAMMM! Especially that thick one in red, UMMM, UMMM!

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » August 16th, 2014, 2:10 pm

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » September 12th, 2014, 12:03 pm

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » September 12th, 2014, 12:09 pm

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » September 12th, 2014, 12:12 pm

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » November 8th, 2014, 7:58 pm

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » November 8th, 2014, 9:06 pm

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » November 8th, 2014, 9:13 pm

This one is different more mellow! I love seeing San Jo in the background!

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » November 25th, 2014, 8:07 pm

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » November 25th, 2014, 8:15 pm

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » November 25th, 2014, 8:25 pm

Well that last one did not come out! The one before it is pretty hard though! DG is coming up man! I posted a song of his called "Mi Tierra" a few pages back that is pretty tight as well!

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » March 13th, 2015, 10:41 am

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » March 13th, 2015, 10:55 am

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 13th, 2015, 1:00 pm

Ha, I actually thought about posting that one. It's just that my cell acts funny with these videos, so I haven't gotten as active as I would have liked to be on here.
silentwssj wrote:

Siner
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Nowhere

Unread post by Siner » March 14th, 2015, 3:14 am

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » March 14th, 2015, 7:43 pm

@ Siner, That's some old school right there!

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » May 23rd, 2015, 9:12 am

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » May 23rd, 2015, 9:25 am

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » May 23rd, 2015, 9:38 am

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 21st, 2015, 11:28 am

Checked out some videos. As I clicked on so me of the videos, I couldn't help but notice some comments left on youtube.com. Isn't it funny how surfeno talk about the haircuts? I could understand their trash talk on stuff like mongols, but I would think most of the hair styles were rocked by some sureños at some point.

I even think a video dedicated to the deceased had to have comments blocked, to avoid negative comments on the deceased. Isn't pitiful how far some of these tubers will go? What is your opinion on David "Dyno" Rocha? Dyno is another name I have seen bad mouthed on occasion, but seems to be done more by those who didn't come up with him or weren't in the pen with him. Just seems like people who are the quickest to talk sometimes, are the ones who shouldn't be.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » June 21st, 2015, 8:48 pm

Hey there! I think there are really 3 main haircuts that Nortenos and Surenos sport. Two of them are used by both groups and still prevalent today. That would be to comb it straight back and baldies. Only Nortenos sport Mongolians to my knowledge. That fad seems to have died though at this point.

I have defiantly noticed a lot of disrespect on YouTube.it comes from both sides but Southerners have more netbangers for sure. Honestly if you pay close attention you will notice a few people doing it over and over on every song. Music is one of the ways I learn about different rivalries. You can just type in a barrios name and if they have music out there you will find out who there rivals are and what disses they use for each other. I find that to be the best source of information out there.

As far as "Dyno" goes, he had some hits! He was really one of the first Nortenos Rappers out there to go big. We definitely bumped his stuff back in the day! He ended up flipping though. He got caught up in the " Huero" Robert Gratton case. I remember when all that happened my people said not to play his music no more as he turned. Its a shame because he was well on his way to stardom. Everything happens for a reason though. I always thought he was balsey for dropping out and remaining up North and speaking out against the life!

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 21st, 2015, 11:50 pm

Definitely funny style to hear of a sureño sporting Mongolians, but there has been some stories on them rocking similar hair cuts or something suspicious as copying the n's. I remember homies walking around school with scissors ready to cut off the hair of anyone suspect trying to rock the style, but so called sureños have copied n's whether they'd admit it or not. That was kinda beside the point, but did you know bulldogs also kept the Mongolian hair style? Since we ended up on the subject though, I found it funny not too long ago that someone told me he would still see a lot of Mongolians and he didn't even know that hair cut was considered gangster. I definitely haven't seen it as much as when a bunch of n's were rocking it in the 90's and I told homie a little bit about that.

One of the things I was really trying to get at, is that it seems forgotten that sureños once upon a time used to also rock pony tails. The long hair is one of the things I see these net bangers talking trash on sometimes and sureños have started to sport the bald head so much, it's like n's are supposed to have grown out hair and sureños aren't. Not that what I said in the last sentence is actual fact, but I do think some heads actually act like that's how it is. I was just wondering your opinion on Dyno.

I do think it's funny how he flipped Christian very soon after hitting prison, but I heard he tried to keep it kool with the n's on the yard and didn't rat at least. I find that more respectable than what people like the "northern ryders" are doing and I like some of Dyno's old music, but I felt like he started to fall off even before the preaching. Have you heard his "Christian rap"? You can find it on YouTube and to me, I felt like his gangster rap had more heart. I found that funny, but I think maybe he just doesn't have it in him as much to rap.
silentwssj wrote:Hey there! I think there are really 3 main haircuts that Nortenos and Surenos sport. Two of them are used by both groups and still prevalent today. That would be to comb it straight back and baldies. Only Nortenos sport Mongolians to my knowledge. That fad seems to have died though at this point.

I have defiantly noticed a lot of disrespect on YouTube.it comes from both sides but Southerners have more netbangers for sure. Honestly if you pay close attention you will notice a few people doing it over and over on every song. Music is one of the ways I learn about different rivalries. You can just type in a barrios name and if they have music out there you will find out who there rivals are and what disses they use for each other. I find that to be the best source of information out there.

As far as "Dyno" goes, he had some hits! He was really one of the first Nortenos Rappers out there to go big. We definitely bumped his stuff back in the day! He ended up flipping though. He got caught up in the " Huero" Robert Gratton case. I remember when all that happened my people said not to play his music no more as he turned. Its a shame because he was well on his way to stardom. Everything happens for a reason though. I always thought he was balsey for dropping out and remaining up North and speaking out against the life!

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » June 22nd, 2015, 3:19 am

Hey there! The stereotype has always been that Surenos go Baldy and Nortenos either comb it straight back or sport a Mongolian. All my life I have either combed it back or gone Baldy. I never had a Mongolian. To me that hair cut seems like something that was a fad in the 80's and 90's! Even then only youngsters would generally do it. For the most part I have always had a shaved head. Yes my people have accused me of looking like a Sureno for it. I never got that one as plenty of Nortenos do it?

As far as Dyno goes, I really don't know anything about his case. I know he took some kind of deal though. You got me curious now. Did he actually make statements or did he just take time and change?