Wisconson:Menasha gang member sentenced despite plea agreeme

The Midwest for the pupose of this forum will be defined as the following States; Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin
Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Wisconson:Menasha gang member sentenced despite plea agreeme

Unread post by Christina Marie » October 27th, 2005, 8:48 pm

Posted on Sat, Oct. 22, 2005
Menasha gang member sentenced despite plea agreement

Associated Press

APPLETON, Wis. - A judge decided to ignore a plea agreement and sentence a Menasha man to 10 years in prison for participating in a gang-related shooting incident.

Nhia Lee, 23, was sentenced Friday by Outagamie County Circuit Judge Mark McGinnis on a charge of first-degree reckless endangerment as a repeat offender.

"This is the third time you have been convicted for some kind of gun or drive-by shooting incident," McGinnis said. "This rates as one of the more serious crimes you can put into a community."

Lee was the driver in a drive-by shooting Dec. 13 with a younger member of the gang, 18-year-old Nhia Vang. Vang fired four or five rounds into a house in Appleton.

No one was injured, but there were several people in the house at the time and one bullet passed between a father and the child he was holding on his lap.

"You were mentoring another individual to get that person elevated in the gang," McGinnis said.

The sentence includes five years of extended supervision.

Lee had worked out a no contest plea in exchange for a deal that the state would only seek up to seven years in prison and six years of extended supervision.

"We could easily have been looking at a homicide charge," district attorney Carrie Schneider said. "He has been engaged in gang activity for more than half of his life."

Lee had just spent almost five years in prison at the time of the shooting, Schneider said.

"He got out and began his criminal gang association again," she said. "Anyone who believes gangs do not have a role in the Valley is wrong."

Lee was remorseful, but McGinnis did not bend.

"I would like to say I am sorry to the family and to the Appleton community. I have a good side to me and I have done good things," Lee said.

"I don't doubt you have a good side, but your bad side has out done any good you have done," McGinnis replied.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/12972376.htm

niceman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Wisconsin
What city do you live in now?: Wisconsin

Re: Wisconson:Menasha gang member sentenced despite plea agr

Unread post by niceman » July 10th, 2015, 9:55 pm

These guys are Crazy Hmong Boys gang I heard....

niceman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Wisconson:Menasha gang member sentenced despite plea agr

Unread post by niceman » April 22nd, 2016, 6:47 pm

niceman wrote:These guys are Crazy Hmong Boys gang I heard....
Found out what the real gang affiliation was. Nhia Lee was originally a Crazy Mong Boys (C.M.B) gang member from Appleton. He was locked up at 16 in 1998 for a shooting. Once he got out, he joined the Oriental Ruthless Boys (O.R.B) gang from Appleton as well. During the event, him and the younger gang member, Nhia Vang; also an ORB gang member, committed a drive-by shooting at a rival gang, the Imperial Gangsters (I.G) who are also Hmong.

niceman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Wisconson:Menasha gang member sentenced despite plea agreeme

Unread post by niceman » December 24th, 2016, 10:54 pm

Nhia Lee just got released from prison recently this month.