Norteno Music

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Re: Norteno Music

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 22nd, 2015, 8:09 am

silentwssj wrote:Hey there! The stereotype has always been that Surenos go Baldy and Nortenos either comb it straight back or sport a Mongolian. All my life I have either combed it back or gone Baldy. I never had a Mongolian. To me that hair cut seems like something that was a fad in the 80's and 90's! Even then only youngsters would generally do it. For the most part I have always had a shaved head. Yes my people have accused me of looking like a Sureno for it. I never got that one as plenty of Nortenos do it?

As far as Dyno goes, I really don't know anything about his case. I know he took some kind of deal though. You got me curious now. Did he actually make statements or did he just take time and change?
Was it really the thing in the 80's? I don't think I noticed until the early 90's, but I was just a kid. If you mean deal as in ratting, I have never seen anything other than random people like net bangers say he snitced. Dyno caught heat from the Robert Gratton case, but got caught a separate case when they found dope in his pad and that's what got him locked up.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » June 22nd, 2015, 11:25 am

It started in the eighties! Early 90's it was peaking though. As far as Dyno goes, I don't anything about his case or cases. I am curious now though and will try and look it up when time permits. I definitely was told that the people that put out the GUN CD turned rat! I guess that would be Gratton? Honestly I don't know enough about it to really comment. Its talked about in the Nina Fuentes book. Maybe when time permits I will re read it. I do remember bumping "I can kill a scrap if you want me to" in SSP territory. Me and a car load of Homies rolled right past their roach infested Alts and this fool threw his hands up when we rolled by and he heard it! Lol. It was an almost daily thing for me back then to roll threw their area like that. They always throw their hands up and try to chase the ride. I would pull over and chase them back into their Apts. Those were the days!

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 22nd, 2015, 10:52 pm

silentwssj wrote:It started in the eighties! Early 90's it was peaking though. As far as Dyno goes, I don't anything about his case or cases. I am curious now though and will try and look it up when time permits. I definitely was told that the people that put out the GUN CD turned rat! I guess that would be Gratton? Honestly I don't know enough about it to really comment. Its talked about in the Nina Fuentes book. Maybe when time permits I will re read it. I do remember bumping "I can kill a scrap if you want me to" in SSP territory. Me and a car load of Homies rolled right past their roach infested Alts and this fool threw his hands up when we rolled by and he heard it! Lol. It was an almost daily thing for me back then to roll threw their area like that. They always throw their hands up and try to chase the ride. I would pull over and chase them back into their Apts. Those were the days!
Yeah, Gratton released that CD under his label at the time. A real controversial release, haha.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 20th, 2015, 10:24 am

This is generally where Norteno music took off and became big!

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 20th, 2015, 10:28 am

Big Rhino is alright!

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 20th, 2015, 11:39 am

Darkroom family did a lot for "norteño rap". As well as others, such as Gold Toes, Woodie, etc.. I would say some of the biggest moments started around the early 00's, like in 2002 and therefore I agree. People worldwide are listening to norteño rap. You even got norteño rap being done in other countries like Germany, but I've seen too many questionable things when it comes to the "German north siders" and it leaves me with a distaste.

I'm surprised the homeboys are not making some of the bigger moves that have been done with sureño rap. I think part of what's holding the homeboys back, is the politics of gang banging. There was a norteño rapper in Mexico that got killed. His sister was on stage trying to do her thing and south siders were in the crowd waving their bandanas, yelling, etc.. This is part of the reason norteño rap can't go up to certain levels. Another rapper I like mentioned is Big Rhino.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 20th, 2015, 1:35 pm

Who was it that got killed? I never heard of that! I got some Homies in Mexico. They both went to prison and got deported afterwards. One is a C! He spent 12 years in PBSP SHU! He got deported and got busted in Mexico and did 5 more years down there. I talk to him all the time. He said he had no problems in Mexico. In fact he claims they are all plastic wanna B' s! Lol! I know that scraps are deep down there though. He just does not seem to concerned with them though.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 20th, 2015, 1:52 pm

I have never seen any good rap really come out of mexico. I have listened to various artist to. The Southerners got Yosi from Florencia who is probably the best they got down there. As far as Nortenos go nothing impresses me from Mexico! I would think that Nortenos would be able to blow up the rap scene if they did it right. We are aligned with the Blacks afterall! Honestly the two styles are so far apart though. It would take a lot of effort to blend the two and make hits! Norteno and Sureno music is really not mainstream.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 20th, 2015, 6:00 pm

silentwssj wrote:I have never seen any good rap really come out of mexico. I have listened to various artist to. The Southerners got Yosi from Florencia who is probably the best they got down there. As far as Nortenos go nothing impresses me from Mexico! I would think that Nortenos would be able to blow up the rap scene if they did it right. We are aligned with the Blacks afterall! Honestly the two styles are so far apart though. It would take a lot of effort to blend the two and make hits! Norteno and Sureno music is really not mainstream.
It was Adan Zapata that got killed, but good to see your homeboys are good. I went to Mexico once and they are funny style with banging, but it can get real.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 21st, 2015, 4:13 am

I know they ain't punks down there. Just a few years ago Juarez was leading the world as the most dangerous city. I used to go there all the time. Now, honestly I am cool! It simply not worth putting my wife and kids in a potentially harmful situation. I know a lot of people from Juarez and El Paso. The ones from Juarez say it has calmed way down. The ones from El Paso almost universally say they don't go there, Lol! That says a lot. Most of the violence in mexico is along the border though. The one real exception is the area around Culican in the state of Sinaloa. We will see what happens now that Chapo is on the loose again. The wars could go full force again.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 25th, 2015, 2:24 pm

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 25th, 2015, 3:51 pm

silentwssj wrote:
Noticed his name is "Shadow Mas Loco". Have you honestly heard of anyone with Mas Loco in their name, before Mas locos like Gato?

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 25th, 2015, 3:55 pm

That's what made me stop and listen to the song!

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 26th, 2015, 1:46 pm

Check this out Rudog! Palmas is rapping now! They have another song out as well!

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 26th, 2015, 1:50 pm

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » July 26th, 2015, 1:53 pm

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 26th, 2015, 8:31 pm

silentwssj wrote:

Check this out Rudog! Palmas is rapping now! They have another song out as well!
Yeah, they made that years ago. Some of their stuff was posted in the past, but probably part of the lost posts of this site. Those are like "garage releases", made by Pv. You can only get those tracks on a burned CD, if you know someone with them. I liked some of the tracks and for some reason they had disappeared from youtube.com for awhile, but kool to see there's some back up.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » August 4th, 2015, 7:48 pm

Clifford Manor Locos, Watsonville in the house! I have kicked it with these Homies on the streets and the pen!

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 5th, 2015, 12:40 am

silentwssj wrote:

Clifford Manor Locos, Watsonville in the house! I have kicked it with these Homies on the streets and the pen!
I feel like Watson has stepped it up in recent years with their raps. Maybe the talent was there, but I didn't like some of the stuff from there years back.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » August 10th, 2015, 4:28 pm

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » August 15th, 2015, 6:31 pm

I posted this one before but the link expired or something! One of my favorites and it needs to be up on here! The best Hard in the paint out there!

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » August 15th, 2015, 6:54 pm

Another one that I posted earlier but somehow it disappeared! Black and Northern Mexican together on this one! They could blow up big if they did more like this!

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » August 15th, 2015, 7:06 pm

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » August 15th, 2015, 7:10 pm

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » August 15th, 2015, 7:54 pm

Another one that vanished!

Siner
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Nowhere

Unread post by Siner » August 23rd, 2015, 4:41 pm

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » August 23rd, 2015, 4:46 pm

@ Siner, Woodie was a pioneer my man! He paved the way for a lot of these future Norteno Rappers! Its a trip that you could know about him way down there in Brazil!

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Lazy Angeles

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » August 23rd, 2015, 5:24 pm

Bro we bump that woodie - the way you feel over here. Give a fuck we bump it all throughout LA and IE. I'll even trick my ese home boys. If they never heard it I ask em that shit tite huh? They always say yea. Then bam I tell em their Nortenos! HahA :lol:

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » August 23rd, 2015, 8:22 pm

That's funny! Honestly, I have never really been into him! He is ok but I feel him more for the path that he paved rather than his music! He does have some songs out their that I like though. I think his music is reflective of a style that really no longer exists. Norteno music and Hispanic rap in general has evolved quit a bit since his time! He was a pioneer though and definitely paved the way for what you see today!

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Lazy Angeles

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » August 24th, 2015, 7:34 pm

All the rappers from his "the way you feel" jam is tite. This oriental can vibe to their flows. It's different from other cholo styles.

San Diego eses got some tite rappers.

But cholo music don't really appeal to people like Puerto Ricans who went main stream.

Siner
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Nowhere

Unread post by Siner » August 24th, 2015, 10:53 pm

silentwssj wrote:@ Siner, Woodie was a pioneer my man! He paved the way for a lot of these future Norteno Rappers! Its a trip that you could know about him way down there in Brazil!
Haha, ofc he was homie. I just enjoy good old music, 80's & 90's, that's all.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » September 29th, 2015, 6:05 pm