Voletta Wallace Remembers Her Son, Christopher Wallace, aka Notorious B.I.G.

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Voletta Wallace Remembers Her Son, Christopher Wallace, aka Notorious B.I.G.

Unread post by alexalonso » September 5th, 2016, 1:09 am

order book: See more at: http://www.streetgangs.com/store/books/biggie_voletta

Voletta Wallace, the mother of Christopher, aka Notorious B.I.G., became a matriarch of hip-hop on March 9, 1997, the night her legendary son was murdered. An intensely private and religious person, she was thrust into the spotlight of the media and charged with managing the legacy of a hip-hop generation immortal.

Biggie reveals the story of how Ms. Wallace came to America and raised a son who — in a life cut too short — grew to be one of the most beloved recording artists of his generation. Ms. Wallace, born and raised in Jamaica, West Indies, immigrated to the United States as a young woman, aspiring to her version of the American Dream. Once here, she fell in love. The relationship didn’t work out, but it did result in a beautiful son. The bright and precocious Christopher became the center of her world, and she the foundation of his.
Attachments
voletta-wallace-biggie-notorious.jpg
voletta-wallace-biggie-notorious.jpg (9.27 KiB) Viewed 10411 times