Gang members statistic by set (average number /headcount)

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
Manio
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Metz

Gang members statistic by set (average number /headcount)

Unread post by Manio » May 26th, 2017, 12:05 pm

Hi,

I'm doing some research about gangs in LA and I am wondering if you can give me some statistics about the numbers of gang members in a typical "set" and its main "cliques" or "subset"?

I just need an average, for example: approximately how many gang members are in the blood set of the Tree Top Pirus?
Same question about his subset or cliques, how many gang members in the "300 block" clique for example?
(I could ask the same question for the Santana Block Compton Crips or any set of 18th street guys...)

Additional question: Does this headcount change over time?
I mean, was it the same average in the 70's 80's 90's 00's for instance? Or was the typical "gang-size" different then ?

I hope you can help me, thanks, and sorry about my english. :roll:

LionTheOracle
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Gang members statistic by set (average number /headcount)

Unread post by LionTheOracle » May 26th, 2017, 8:54 pm

That's a difficult question to answer without being more specific.

LionTheOracle

Unread post by LionTheOracle » May 26th, 2017, 9:01 pm

The reason I say that is you have to look at the area of the gang. Look at your map and you need to sit down with someone and look at areas of highest concentration.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 67266&z=11

Take a look at the map, and do some research about gangmembers in jail, and how many power gangs there are who have extreme numbers, and smaller gangs who have smaller numbers. Finally you have the middle gangs who has mid numbers. Keep in mind each 'car' and each alliance.
The average of Small, large and middle is not a great assessment or accurate.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » May 30th, 2017, 8:31 pm

very hard task if u look at precise number ...the pigs have stats but they aint accurate ...i would say at their peak the tanas in the bangin era around 89 was 500 plus and they was one of cpt deepest set ...

Swanto
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Swanto » May 31st, 2017, 8:02 am

Well Compton isn't that big of a city so you always have to go by the size of a particular neighborhood.

The biggest Cpt sets probably range from 100 -150

The smaller Cpt sets are probably 30-50 members.

Now 18st is a mega gang.Clicks all throughout Los Angeles and there's even clicks different cities throughout the L.A area.It's been estimated that 18st is about 20,000 strong.

Biggest Crip set is easily between the R60's & Eastcoast Crips,Biggest Blood set is the Bounty Hunters & R20 Bloods.Bps is big as well.But normally you can tell how big a gang is through the county jail & prison system.Plus like i said how big someone's turf is.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » May 31st, 2017, 8:36 am

cpt like most east side like watts have few power house but its mostly small sets thats tru because of the density of gangs in the area west side gangs have large hood rsc have both big land and big number but west la hoods are big like schooyard or mansfield those are hoods with hudge ground but i doupt any of those sets would match hoods like tanas nuttys or south in number i may be wrong i dont really know about west l.a sets

Manio
What city do you live in now?: Metz

Unread post by Manio » May 31st, 2017, 10:44 am

Thanks guyz, that help me, my question was just to give me an idea.

I read in some book (dont remember wich) than the average for one clique is around 30-40 gang members, but I dont how the autor has that number.

Swanto
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Swanto » May 31st, 2017, 1:00 pm

bgcasper wrote:cpt like most east side like watts have few power house but its mostly small sets thats tru because of the density of gangs in the area west side gangs have large hood rsc have both big land and big number but west la hoods are big like schooyard or mansfield those are hoods with hudge ground but i doupt any of those sets would match hoods like tanas nuttys or south in number i may be wrong i dont really know about west l.a sets
Well it depends what you consider the eastside ?

Most people loop the Eastside and Watts as one.
Now i believe the Project gangs in Watts are powerhouse because they occupy a large area of housing units.

Nickerson Gardens
Jordan Downs
Imperial Courts , These are sets with alot of members.

Eastside South Central has the Eastcoast Crips.Arguably the biggest black gang period unless you argue the Hoovers & 60s.

And the hoods in West L.A are probably bigger than a few Compton sets but Cpt sets are way more violent.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 31st, 2017, 9:40 pm

well i agree !!! and according to old school books like do or die and infos from the bangin era the east coast crips was the deepest gang but when those info got published ecc still had 1st in the pj's of boyle height dont know if its still the case ...

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WLA PALMS » June 2nd, 2017, 7:31 pm

bgcasper wrote:cpt like most east side like watts have few power house but its mostly small sets thats tru because of the density of gangs in the area west side gangs have large hood rsc have both big land and big number but west la hoods are big like schooyard or mansfield those are hoods with hudge ground but i doupt any of those sets would match hoods like tanas nuttys or south in number i may be wrong i dont really know about west l.a sets

To answer your question BG Casper, West L.A. sects are big or large geographically, occupying more than just a couple of blocks, and honestly, our numbers in regards to manpower has shrunk due to injunctions, convictions, and gentrification. West L.A. is not the same as it was back in the 1970's to the late 1990's, early 2,000's. Gentrification in L.A. began in West L.A. in 1995 when a certain property owner (who had friends who were police officers) bought a lot of property in the La-Cienega Heights, where the Playboy Gangstas are. When that happened, all the gang members/bangers were evicted out of the neighborhood because this landlord bought the majority of the neighborhood almost, displacing the established gang that was there. In my neighborhood in the West L.A. Palms area, it was always a middle class neighborhood, but more on the lower middle class scale, and the law was very aggressive on us because those white property owners were tired of the shootings, robberies, drugs, etc, that was happening over there. Everytime the police saw us, it was arrest on sight, a bunch of us fighting cases in court, all the shit that happens in that lifestyle. Like I mentioned, the La-Cienega Heights and the West L.A. Palms are huge. The La-Cienega Heights stretches from La-Cienega Blvd from the east to Robertson blvd to the west, Cadillac Avenue to the south and Pico Blvd to the north, but the main turf is from Cadillac Ave to about 18th Street. The Palms area is behind Hamilton High School going all the way to Overland Ave, whether you go straight down Venice blvd, National blvd, which turns into Palms Blvd under the new Metro Expo Line train stop. The Marvin Gangsta Crips turf is from Venice Blvd to Adams Blvd, from the 10 Freeway on Washington Blvd all the way to La-Brea Ave, where SchoolYard Crip's turf begins. The Mansfield's turf is pretty big too, from La-Brea Ave and Pico Blvd all the way to Venice blvd to the south, Fairfax Ave to the West, and to San Vicente Blvd to the North. Like I mentioned, our manpower numbers have dropped dramatically due to homies/family getting convicted to prison with life sentences, people killin' each other, the neighborhood getting gentrified because the white people have taken West L.A. back from us!, and that's why maybe Compton and South L.A. is still more violent than West L.A. NOW, but West L.A. does have a reputation. West L.A. is prime real estate, too close to Beverly Hills and other suburbs on the Westside of the city, etc, and that's why it's mostly quiet now, but there are still a lot of us over there....

Swanto
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Swanto » June 3rd, 2017, 2:21 am

WLA PALMS wrote:

To answer your question BG Casper, West L.A. sects are big or large geographically, occupying more than just a couple of blocks, and honestly, our numbers in regards to manpower has shrunk due to injunctions, convictions, and gentrification. West L.A. is not the same as it was back in the 1970's to the late 1990's, early 2,000's. Gentrification in L.A. began in West L.A. in 1995 when a certain property owner (who had friends who were police officers) bought a lot of property in the La-Cienega Heights, where the Playboy Gangstas are. When that happened, all the gang members/bangers were evicted out of the neighborhood because this landlord bought the majority of the neighborhood almost, displacing the established gang that was there. In my neighborhood in the West L.A. Palms area, it was always a middle class neighborhood, but more on the lower middle class scale, and the law was very aggressive on us because those white property owners were tired of the shootings, robberies, drugs, etc, that was happening over there. Everytime the police saw us, it was arrest on sight, a bunch of us fighting cases in court, all the shit that happens in that lifestyle. Like I mentioned, the La-Cienega Heights and the West L.A. Palms are huge. The La-Cienega Heights stretches from La-Cienega Blvd from the east to Robertson blvd to the west, Cadillac Avenue to the south and Pico Blvd to the north, but the main turf is from Cadillac Ave to about 18th Street. The Palms area is behind Hamilton High School going all the way to Overland Ave, whether you go straight down Venice blvd, National blvd, which turns into Palms Blvd under the new Metro Expo Line train stop. The Marvin Gangsta Crips turf is from Venice Blvd to Adams Blvd, from the 10 Freeway on Washington Blvd all the way to La-Brea Ave, where SchoolYard Crip's turf begins. The Mansfield's turf is pretty big too, from La-Brea Ave and Pico Blvd all the way to Venice blvd to the south, Fairfax Ave to the West, and to San Vicente Blvd to the North. Like I mentioned, our manpower numbers have dropped dramatically due to homies/family getting convicted to prison with life sentences, people killin' each other, the neighborhood getting gentrified because the white people have taken West L.A. back from us!, and that's why maybe Compton and South L.A. is still more violent than West L.A. NOW, but West L.A. does have a reputation. West L.A. is prime real estate, too close to Beverly Hills and other suburbs on the Westside of the city, etc, and that's why it's mostly quiet now, but there are still a lot of us over there....
South L.A has always been more violent than West L.A,

Not just now but 25 - 30 years ago as well.
This is mainly due to the poverty rate & amount of gangs at war.

South L.A is the murder capital of the city !!
West L.A was wild asf back in the days but so was everywhere else.Everywhere changed not just West L.A

South L.A & Compton isn't majority African American like decades ago,Gentrification is happening all down Crenshaw.I think the Eastside is the area that's been changed the most.But it's a good thing that the city isn't violent like before.

World on Wheels is back popping so hopefully things don't get bad again.

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WLA PALMS » June 4th, 2017, 4:32 am

Swanto wrote:
WLA PALMS wrote:

West L.A was wild asf back in the days but so was everywhere else.Everywhere changed not just West L.A

South L.A & Compton isn't majority African American like decades ago,Gentrification is happening all down Crenshaw.I think the Eastside is the area that's been changed the most.But it's a good thing that the city isn't violent like before.

You're right to a point. What is known as South L.A. now was always more violent than West L.A. because there are a bunch of gangs who were pretty much across the street from each other, at war, every day, and every night,BUT I couldn't tell the difference because West L.A. was at war with a lot of those South L.A. gangs at that time. The police helicopter, the ground units, etc, were in the neighborhood EVERY NIGHT, either for dirt West L.A. did that came back to the bloc, and dirt that was done to West L.A. Yes, South L.A. had a very huge poverty rate, but in the 1980's, West L.A. was dirt poor too. We were on Section 8 and food stamps too homie, even though the elders of West L.A. had money too, movin' weight. Like I mentioned, gentrification STARTED in West L.A. back in 1995, the rest of the city is catching up. After the La-Cienega Heights got gentrified, I think Venice got hit next, and the Venice Sho-lines got hit with their injunction. The Jungles has been getting gentrified since 2009 ever since operation "stone cold' hit the JSB BPS's. Kaiser bought that entire stretch of Santa Rosalia Dr. that used to be that lil run down strip mall, and those two condominium buildings built courtesy of "Bedford Parc" have been there on Stocker and Santa Rosalia since around 2007. This same construction company built those low income apartments right there on Crenshaw and and what is that?, 63rd St, across from the Taco Bell?, and we all see the work Metro is doing with the Crenshaw Line going to the airport. Yes, you're right too, the Eastside has changed a lot too because the banks have repossessed a lot of those former drug spots/crack houses and the Mexicans have bought them, remodeled them, and beautified them. Change is happening all over the city, has been happening over the past 20 years, but the change started in West L.A. back in 1995 with that one asshole landlord, and that same asshole landlord has bought property in the Jungles too. I've seen his name on a few properties over there, but that's recent as of 2009, maybe 2010.

Swanto
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Swanto » June 5th, 2017, 5:58 pm

WLA PALMS wrote:
Swanto wrote:
WLA PALMS wrote:

You're right to a point. What is known as South L.A. now was always more violent than West L.A. because there are a bunch of gangs who were pretty much across the street from each other, at war, every day, and every night,BUT I couldn't tell the difference because West L.A. was at war with a lot of those South L.A. gangs at that time. The police helicopter, the ground units, etc, were in the neighborhood EVERY NIGHT, either for dirt West L.A. did that came back to the bloc, and dirt that was done to West L.A. Yes, South L.A. had a very huge poverty rate, but in the 1980's, West L.A. was dirt poor too. We were on Section 8 and food stamps too homie, even though the elders of West L.A. had money too, movin' weight. Like I mentioned, gentrification STARTED in West L.A. back in 1995, the rest of the city is catching up. After the La-Cienega Heights got gentrified, I think Venice got hit next, and the Venice Sho-lines got hit with their injunction. The Jungles has been getting gentrified since 2009 ever since operation "stone cold' hit the JSB BPS's. Kaiser bought that entire stretch of Santa Rosalia Dr. that used to be that lil run down strip mall, and those two condominium buildings built courtesy of "Bedford Parc" have been there on Stocker and Santa Rosalia since around 2007. This same construction company built those low income apartments right there on Crenshaw and and what is that?, 63rd St, across from the Taco Bell?, and we all see the work Metro is doing with the Crenshaw Line going to the airport. Yes, you're right too, the Eastside has changed a lot too because the banks have repossessed a lot of those former drug spots/crack houses and the Mexicans have bought them, remodeled them, and beautified them. Change is happening all over the city, has been happening over the past 20 years, but the change started in West L.A. back in 1995 with that one asshole landlord, and that same asshole landlord has bought property in the Jungles too. I've seen his name on a few properties over there, but that's recent as of 2009, maybe 2010.
Yeah i agree the BS gentrification started in West LA because it's more upper class than South L.A,

When Crips started migrating to West L.A and the Venice area,that was a major problem to those white folks.

But it still goes down in West L.A,there was a shooting at the venice board walk the other week or so.

And i wouldn't consider the Jungles West L.A,I believe everything West of La Cienega or the 405 is West L.A proper.

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WLA PALMS » June 5th, 2017, 6:26 pm

Swanto wrote:
WLA PALMS wrote:
Swanto wrote:
WLA PALMS wrote:

Yeah i agree the BS gentrification started in West LA because it's more upper class than South L.A,

When Crips started migrating to West L.A and the Venice area,that was a major problem to those white folks.

But it still goes down in West L.A,there was a shooting at the venice board walk the other week or so.

And i wouldn't consider the Jungles West L.A,I believe everything West of La Cienega or the 405 is West L.A proper.

Yeah, you're right, gangbangin' in West L.A. was definitely a problem for them Jews and white folks who owned the property, that's why they took it back and West L.A. is damn near upper middle class now, a mixture of whites, asians, hispanics, arabs, indians, etc. That was done purposely to push us West L.A. Crips and black people out of West L.A. period, and I think I may have heard about the shooting at the Venice Boardwalk. No, I wouldn't consider the Jungles West L.A., it's not, but they're very close to West L.A., being that you can reach West L.A. in about 15 minutes if you take Rodeo across La-Cienega, and cut straight to Jefferson Blvd or National Blvd which runs through Culver City behind Target, and comes out to Venice Blvd, or if you go straight down La-Cienega Blvd. I agree that everything West of the 405 and La-Cienega blvd is West L.A., I've mentioned that before in other forums too, but yeah, the city is changing, and it is for the good. You grow up and get tired of that foolishness, and it's mostly over nothing, even though the game don't stop.

Swanto
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Swanto » June 6th, 2017, 5:06 am

WLA PALMS wrote:
Swanto wrote:
WLA PALMS wrote:
Swanto wrote:
WLA PALMS wrote:

Yeah, you're right, gangbangin' in West L.A. was definitely a problem for them Jews and white folks who owned the property, that's why they took it back and West L.A. is damn near upper middle class now, a mixture of whites, asians, hispanics, arabs, indians, etc. That was done purposely to push us West L.A. Crips and black people out of West L.A. period, and I think I may have heard about the shooting at the Venice Boardwalk. No, I wouldn't consider the Jungles West L.A., it's not, but they're very close to West L.A., being that you can reach West L.A. in about 15 minutes if you take Rodeo across La-Cienega, and cut straight to Jefferson Blvd or National Blvd which runs through Culver City behind Target, and comes out to Venice Blvd, or if you go straight down La-Cienega Blvd. I agree that everything West of the 405 and La-Cienega blvd is West L.A., I've mentioned that before in other forums too, but yeah, the city is changing, and it is for the good. You grow up and get tired of that foolishness, and it's mostly over nothing, even though the game don't stop.
I agree 100%

But what's fucked up is the Black population is probably like 6% of the city and we account for damn near 70% of the homicides. Especially in South L.A where it's been popping off rapidly since at least 2015 with that 100 day 100 night BS.No need to blame the White man or the Mexicans at this point.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » June 7th, 2017, 12:50 pm

[quote="WLA PALMS"][quote="bgcasper"]cpt like most east side like watts have few power house but its mostly small sets thats tru because of the density of gangs in the area west side gangs have large hood rsc have both big land and big number but west la hoods are big like schooyard or mansfield those are hoods with hudge ground but i doupt any of those sets would match hoods like tanas nuttys or south in number i may be wrong i dont really know about west l.a sets[/quote]

To answer your question BG Casper, West L.A. sects are big or large geographically, occupying more than just a couple of blocks, and honestly, our numbers in regards to manpower has shrunk due to injunctions, convictions, and gentrification. West L.A. is not the same as it was back in the 1970's to the late 1990's, early 2,000's. Gentrification in L.A. began in West L.A. in 1995 when a certain property owner (who had friends who were police officers) bought a lot of property in the La-Cienega Heights, where the Playboy Gangstas are. When that happened, all the gang members/bangers were evicted out of the neighborhood because this landlord bought the majority of the neighborhood almost, displacing the established gang that was there. In my neighborhood in the West L.A. Palms area, it was always a middle class neighborhood, but more on the lower middle class scale, and the law was very aggressive on us because those white property owners were tired of the shootings, robberies, drugs, etc, that was happening over there. Everytime the police saw us, it was arrest on sight, a bunch of us fighting cases in court, all the shit that happens in that lifestyle. Like I mentioned, the La-Cienega Heights and the West L.A. Palms are huge. The La-Cienega Heights stretches from La-Cienega Blvd from the east to Robertson blvd to the west, Cadillac Avenue to the south and Pico Blvd to the north, but the main turf is from Cadillac Ave to about 18th Street. The Palms area is behind Hamilton High School going all the way to Overland Ave, whether you go straight down Venice blvd, National blvd, which turns into Palms Blvd under the new Metro Expo Line train stop. The Marvin Gangsta Crips turf is from Venice Blvd to Adams Blvd, from the 10 Freeway on Washington Blvd all the way to La-Brea Ave, where SchoolYard Crip's turf begins. The Mansfield's turf is pretty big too, from La-Brea Ave and Pico Blvd all the way to Venice blvd to the south, Fairfax Ave to the West, and to San Vicente Blvd to the North. Like I mentioned, our manpower numbers have dropped dramatically due to homies/family getting convicted to prison with life sentences, people killin' each other, the neighborhood getting gentrified because the white people have taken West L.A. back from us!, and that's why maybe Compton and South L.A. is still more violent than West L.A. NOW, but West L.A. does have a reputation. West L.A. is prime real estate, too close to Beverly Hills and other suburbs on the Westside of the city, etc, and that's why it's mostly quiet now, but there are still a lot of us over there....[/quote]
yes it make sense thanks for your input i have very few knowledge of west l.a but some of those hoods in west l.a did make major noise and i heard about west l.a wars but dont really know about it at the same time