GGG vs Canelo Alvarez 2

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

GGG vs Canelo Alvarez 2

Unread post by oso1 » September 22nd, 2018, 10:49 am

Where are all the boxing fans at ? I'm surprised no one else has started a thread on this yet.

First fight I thought GGG won. Alvarez had his moments and was sneaking in some nice body punches but his stamina was lacking. To conserve his energy he would only fight in spurts. I hate when I hear about this running shiit that Alvarez is accused of. It's called boxing ! And yes I know that Alvarez said the same shiit (running) about his oppenents Lara and Trout, he's a hypocrite.

Because of Canelo's stamina issues, which is nothing new, I thought for sure that GGG was going to win the re match but man was I surprised. I scored it 7 to 5 for Alvarez. I wasn't even an Alvarez fan until the end of that night. He stood in the pocket made GGG miss and countered, he rolled GGG's punches, he caught and fired back punches and his ring generalship was really nice I was impressed ! On a much smaller scale, on that night, Alvarez reminded me of James "Lights Out" Toney. Toney, is one of my favorite fighters of all time.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: GGG vs Canelo Alvarez 2

Unread post by Coup » September 24th, 2018, 10:50 am

I agree. I felt GGG definitely won the first fight. The 2nd fight, I had Canelo, same score. Reminded me of the Trinidad vs. De La Hoya fight. Many felt that Oscar won, but because he was back peddling away from Felix he lost. GGG should not have allowed Canelo to back him up. Canelo was the smaller guy so you know the judges looked at that.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » September 24th, 2018, 9:47 pm

Good I'm not the only one. So many people feel as though GGG was robbed but I didn't see it that way and like I mentioned before not really an Alvarez fan.

If there's a 3 fight who do you think will take win?

I think Canelo only gets better. I forgot to mention that GGG land some heavy punches on Canelo and he took it very well. I was impressed.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » September 25th, 2018, 11:29 am

The fact that Canelo took those shots and didn't get hurt added to his confidence. He would most likely win that fight as well. Plus, GGG is getting older and may not be able to take the pressure that Canelo was putting on him for another 12 rounds.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » September 27th, 2018, 5:09 am

more money for the third and final fight.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » October 1st, 2018, 10:45 am

A fight between Jacobs and Canelo would be better. Or a Jacobs vs. GGG rematch with the winner getting Canelo.

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » October 2nd, 2018, 7:13 pm

more money for the third and final fight.
2nd fight GGG was able to negotiate more $$ because he retained his belts and he still had ZERO losses on his record. Also the boxing fans were demanding a re match.

If there's a third fight, Canelo is going to dictate the terms of the split and I'm sure GGG won't get what 45%? like he managed in their 2nd bout. Still GGG will make more money in a third bout than he would make fighting anyone else.
A fight between Jacobs and Canelo would be better. Or a Jacobs vs. GGG rematch with the winner getting Canelo.
Just my opinion, Canelo vs GGG 3 should be eachothers next fight. Other wise boxing fans, groupies, fan boys, etc are going claim Canelo postponed the fight to have the upperhand against the older GGG.

I believe there are talks about Canelo vs David Lemieux (he fought on the GGG vs Alvarez 2 undercard scored 1st round KO) to fight in December.

Before there were even talks about this fight taken place I was talking to a guy who claimed Alvarez only beat GGG because he got old over night blah this blah that.... okay... whatever. He then went on to say the Canelo would get his ass kicked against Lemieux and that the fight would never happen because Canelo knows Lemieux is young in his prime so and so ...Man David Lemieux won't last 8 rounds against Alvarez.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » October 4th, 2018, 10:53 am

I think they need a buffer fight before the 3rd. You now have two fights that are in dispute as to who won. Most feel GGG won the first fight and it was declared a draw. Canelo won the 2nd but many saw that one as a draw. Your take on the GGG is getting old is very valid though.