Are Fruit Town Brims officially defunct?

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Santa Ana

Are Fruit Town Brims officially defunct?

Unread post by shaolinmonche » March 22nd, 2019, 5:16 pm

What's the meaning of a gang being defunct? Like a gang neighborhood having no gang members living in their neighborhood?

I'm sure all the Brims got rolled out the University Park Apartments. Im uncle lives down Jefferson and i never see them around.

LAResident
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Are Fruit Town Brims officially defunct?

Unread post by LAResident » March 22nd, 2019, 9:49 pm

I think they be chillen in 62 brims hood now ...

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » March 23rd, 2019, 7:56 am

I wouldn't say a hood is "defunct" just for not kicking it in their original territory, if they're still active. They're just a nomad gang or hoodless gang.

Defunct is when no one is active. Everyone either doesn't bang, in jail, or dead.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Santa Ana

Unread post by shaolinmonche » March 28th, 2019, 1:34 pm

TheAngels wrote:I wouldn't say a hood is "defunct" just for not kicking it in their original territory, if they're still active. They're just a nomad gang or hoodless gang.

Defunct is when no one is active. Everyone either doesn't bang, in jail, or dead.
Their "hood" or neighborhood is defunct because they all got ran out of their territory. But their gang is still active. There's FT Brims living throughout LA.
They don't have a hood anymore. They going to die out. They don't have a hood. It's going to be hard for them to recruit new members.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » May 24th, 2019, 6:16 pm

Did you watch the Big Stretch interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Heup6I8Oh_A

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TheAngels » June 26th, 2019, 1:11 am

shaolinmonche wrote:
TheAngels wrote:I wouldn't say a hood is "defunct" just for not kicking it in their original territory, if they're still active. They're just a nomad gang or hoodless gang.

Their "hood" or neighborhood is defunct because they all got ran out of their territory. But their gang is still active. There's FT Brims living throughout LA.
They don't have a hood anymore. They going to die out. They don't have a hood. It's going to be hard for them to recruit new members.

Do you think FTB dying out has a lot to do with pressure from USC? I know USC already had their security patrolling FTB territory to make sure their students were safe. And I heard they're either tearing down or planning to tear down one of FTB's main apartments/hangouts and replacing it with something more upscale... maybe student housing...

Pico2jeff

Unread post by Pico2jeff » June 26th, 2019, 6:45 pm

shaolinmonche wrote:

The FTBs ain't defunct and they still have a hood you trippin and obviously only passed through a couple times if even that. Those dudes who be hanging 10 to 20 deep everyday just north of Jefferson on Budlong are mostly Brims some 20s. They be out on Budlong and on Raymond and they live all around that hood. The USC kids always been living around there and even though they have public security, the Brims still be around. They even be around Budlong and 38st and some live in those apartments. They still live and hang in alot of those apartments in that hood and i know some of them that live in houses around there that are family owned.