Gangster Chronicles - The Podcast with Alex Alonso, Reggie Wright, James McDonald

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Gangster Chronicles - The Podcast with Alex Alonso, Reggie Wright, James McDonald

Unread post by alexalonso » June 3rd, 2019, 6:27 pm

You can listen to episodes of The Gangster Podcast, season 1 right now. Check the links below.

Itunes: http://apple.co/2I8pSrd
Spotify: https://tinyurl.com/y28pxn4j
Google Play: https://tinyurl.com/yxouf8gk
Attachments
gang-chrnonicles.jpg
gang-chrnonicles.jpg (127.13 KiB) Viewed 8557 times

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Re: Gangster Chronicles - The Podcast with Alex Alonso, Reggie Wright, James McDonald

Unread post by alexalonso » June 20th, 2019, 2:23 pm

we revisited the topic of Big Caz visiting Death Row and beating up Reggie Wright jr and taking the Tupac masters/ There is a police report of the incident and Big Caz was not mentioned as the guy who came with Damon Thomas. We also talked about OJ Simpson getting on Twitter.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Re: Gangster Chronicles - The Podcast with Alex Alonso, Reggie Wright, James McDonald

Unread post by alexalonso » July 11th, 2019, 2:46 am

We did an interview with Chico Brown, and he told the story of how he got caught up in Freewway Ricky Ross's cocaine case back in the 1990s. Visit the link and watch episode #13, with Chico Brown.
Attachments
chico-brown.jpg
chico-brown.jpg (66.25 KiB) Viewed 7206 times

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 11th, 2019, 2:51 am

On episode 15 we interview Vlad from VLad TV who visited The Gangster Chronicles.
Attachments
ED2A0785-op.jpg
ED2A0785-op.jpg (519.5 KiB) Viewed 7203 times
ED2A0876-op.jpg
ED2A0876-op.jpg (463.27 KiB) Viewed 7204 times
ED2A0815-op.jpg
ED2A0815-op.jpg (495.66 KiB) Viewed 7204 times

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inland Empire

Unread post by AmericanZombie » July 14th, 2019, 2:11 pm

I enjoyed that Vlad one. You got to really press him on a lot of common gripes people have with his channel and interview style.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 15th, 2019, 2:24 pm

AmericanZombie wrote:I enjoyed that Vlad one. You got to really press him on a lot of common gripes people have with his channel and interview style.
Most people thought I asked some good questions, but there were a few hater comments from people that thought I was either jealous of Vlad or being a hater of Vlad.

jeff
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jeff » July 15th, 2019, 3:35 pm

sorry, but i don't like that guy. Vlad deserves every bit of scrutiny that he gets. his motives are questionable, at best. Vlad grew up in a practically all white suburb called Belmont, CA that has less than 1 percent black population but every interview he wants to ask questions about crack, bloods/crips, single mothers, etc. it's laughable when he tries to interject his opinion on these subjects that he has zero real-life experience with. he's a sheltered, protected hipster going through a mid-life crisis but he keeps playing with fire,setting people up to get indicted, and interviewing known snitches, if it catches up to him i won't feel sorry for him. he says he's a civilian and the rules don't apply to him, he profits off of black-on-black violence. but more relevant to our discussion, he's appropriated SG.com's interviewing style and subject matter without giving credit where it's due.

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by AmericanZombie » July 15th, 2019, 3:52 pm

[quote="alexalonso"][quote="AmericanZombie"]I enjoyed that Vlad one. You got to really press him on a lot of common gripes people have with his channel and interview style.[/quote]

Most people thought I asked some good questions, but there were a few hater comments from people that thought I was either jealous of Vlad or being a hater of Vlad.[/quote]

I can see how they felt that way, but I liked how you had the decency to ask him to his face and he seemed completely cool with being asked whatever.

Vlad gets on my nerves at time, sometimes he a little cringe with his questions and comments but I disagree with the ultra Vlad haters out there. I think he gets some good interviews and guests, and asks them about their life in chronological order.
Like he says, it’s not just a typical hip hop style interview with the same surface style questions you heard asked a million times.

Honestly I think some of the criticism he gets in his comments are down right stupid.

But there were times where he pissed me off, like when he sort of instigated something between Mr. Criminal and Bg Knoccout and Dresta.

He had said something like “ well I had Mr Criminal in here and he says the Southsiders run LA” then tries to get Bg and Dresta’s reaction. Like, c’mon that’s some instigating shit.

But the blame cant only be on Vlad when the guys being interviewed should know exactly what they’re saying is only going to stir up negativity too.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 16th, 2019, 1:28 pm

What bothers me is that he relys on stereo-types about gang members, crack cocaine and gang culture to influence the questions and most of the time when YOU ARE PAYING FOR AN INTERVIEW, the subject is inclined to answer that question.

Not all gang members put in work, not all gang members go on missions, not all gang members sold crack, but he constantly reinforces those stereo-types that I am try to dismantle.

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by AmericanZombie » July 16th, 2019, 2:23 pm

Yeah I noticed that. He thinks it’s all about selling crack and all the stereotypical things he keeps asking.