1990 LA Times Article OC vs IE beef

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Santa Ana

1990 LA Times Article OC vs IE beef

Unread post by shaolinmonche » October 6th, 2019, 11:47 pm

I’m sure a lot of you know Corona and other Riverside County Gangs hate OC varrios with a passion.
This article talks about how the beef between Corona Varrio 4 st Crown Town started with OC from Santa Ana gang members moving to the IE during the 1980s and disrespecting the IE gangs.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latime ... f_amp=true

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inland Empire

Re: 1990 LA Times Article OC vs IE beef

Unread post by AmericanZombie » October 6th, 2019, 11:59 pm

Nice find.
Corona still beefs with OC till this day.

Although Corona technically can be considered the IE, they don’t claim IE. I never seen someone from corona get an IE tattoo or hit up IE on a wall or rep IE.
They’re their own town to themselves, with many different cliques within their Varrio.

I have never heard of an IE vs OC rivalry though, other than the beef with Corona, most likely because they’re closer to OC.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » October 7th, 2019, 11:29 pm

I think the IE cities that mostly hate OC are Corona and Riverside.
Like you said probably due to Riverside City and Corona being the closest IE cities to OC.

Chicanoism
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: OC

Unread post by Chicanoism » October 12th, 2019, 10:32 pm

In OC it’s a forgotten rivalry. I don’t think most youngsters from OC even know about it. I grew up knowing Corona hated us. But nobody from OC ever said, “let’s drive 20-30 minutes to Corona to gangbang” when there’s a rival usually minutes away. It’s isolated incidents of OC gangmembers moving to Corona. For instance a vato from DH killed a vato from Corona a few years ago, which ignites the rivalry in Corona’s eyes. Especially since they don’t really have any enemies in Corona besides OC. I remember I had a problem with a vato from CB back in 92 because I was from OC. And WSV has a dislike towards any outsider. Especially since so many people from LA move to their varrio. So I’m guessing this is the main reason for the animosity. It is cheaper to live in the IE so lots of outsiders have confrontations with the closest varrio, mainly being from LA or OC.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » October 13th, 2019, 2:23 am

Yea OC vatos don’t have Corona on their mind.
You go to Corona they be like OC KILLA and shit

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » October 13th, 2019, 2:30 am

There’s a court case I read. I’ll find it and post it. There’s was young brothers who moved to Corona from OC and were playing soccer at the park. They didn’t bang.

They got hit up by Crown Town while walking home and said they don’t know “where you from” or “what you bang” means. They said they moved from OC. Crown Town jumped them and dragged one of the little brothers and was beating him.

They ended up calling the cops and one of the fools from Crown Town got like 30 years for kidnapping. You know they hate OC when they jumping fools that don’t even bang a hood.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » October 13th, 2019, 2:34 am

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » October 13th, 2019, 2:39 am

Chicanoism wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 10:32 pm
In OC it’s a forgotten rivalry. I don’t think most youngsters from OC even know about it. I grew up knowing Corona hated us. But nobody from OC ever said, “let’s drive 20-30 minutes to Corona to gangbang” when there’s a rival usually minutes away. It’s isolated incidents of OC gangmembers moving to Corona. For instance a vato from DH killed a vato from Corona a few years ago, which ignites the rivalry in Corona’s eyes. Especially since they don’t really have any enemies in Corona besides OC. I remember I had a problem with a vato from CB back in 92 because I was from OC. And WSV has a dislike towards any outsider. Especially since so many people from LA move to their varrio. So I’m guessing this is the main reason for the animosity. It is cheaper to live in the IE so lots of outsiders have confrontations with the closest varrio, mainly being from LA or OC.
Yea Crown Town mostly beefs with vatos that live in Corona from OC or LA.

shaolinmonche
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by shaolinmonche » October 13th, 2019, 2:49 am

Chicanoism wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 10:32 pm
Not all of IE hates OC
I was drunk before staying at a momo before wandering around late at night in Lake Elsinore and met a grip of fools from Elsinore Young Classics and they showed me loved and took me with them partying.

AmericanZombie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inland Empire

Unread post by AmericanZombie » October 14th, 2019, 11:07 am

I mean, corona is barely IE. It’s a town isolated to itself. They only claim CORONA, not IE.
In the 70’s it seems like they were pretty deep, and they would travel by the carload to various other varrios to Verdugo, Riverside, Cucamonga, Onterio etc partying and getting into brawls and shoot outs.
I like to pull up old articles from newspaper archives to find gang related/barrio related articles. Corona Varrio Locos is one of the hoods that seems to come up a lot.
I found one from like 1965 or so about them riding to Cucamonga and having some brawls and getting their cars shot up by the Kings.

As far as OC vs IE goes, id have to say by living in the IE my entire life I have never heard anyone mention OC as a rivalry, not even once.