Echo Park Locos

Discuss Hispanic / Latino gangs, Southsiders, Sureños, clubs, crews & varrios in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
nela_4lyf
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Echo Park Locos

Unread post by nela_4lyf » March 8th, 2004, 3:15 pm

Now i've been reading alot about how 'dangerous' 18, Florencia and other LA chicano gangs are (which i'm not doubting). But there's alot more out there. Echo Park is one of them. These cats put a hurting on alot of their enemies especially on CYS. They aren't as big (in quantity) as 18St or F13, Mara Villa and so on but these cats were some riders.

IMHO Cypress Avenues is also a deadly neighborhood and just to name a few others, MCS, MCLC'S, TVR are also are deadly.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Echo Park Locos

Unread post by GIBBY » March 8th, 2004, 3:25 pm

nela_4lyf wrote:Now i've been reading alot about how 'dangerous' 18, Florencia and other LA chicano gangs are (which i'm not doubting). But there's alot more out there. Echo Park is one of them. These cats put a hurting on alot of their enemies especially on CYS. They aren't as big (in quantity) as 18St or F13, Mara Villa and so on but these cats were some riders.

IMHO Cypress Avenues is also a deadly neighborhood and just to name a few others, MCS, MCLC'S, TVR are also are deadly.
Yeah Im not sure about ExP'Ls now, but back in the days they had a couple of hard Gs like Speedy, Danny Boy, Snyper etc. Theyve been going it it with DST for a good 30 years now and theyve held thier own. I noticed Big Top has made a move on the north side of the 101 inside Echo Park latley.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » September 4th, 2004, 10:25 pm

dont they wear those "ecko" clothes to show they are from ExP? because when i went to Echo Park i seen these 3 dudes wearing ecko shirts. so im guessing they were from EXP..?

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » September 4th, 2004, 11:00 pm

^^ Yea i heard the same thing. Back then i use to always see EXP kickin at Echo Park deeeeep. Now u dont see em kicking it around much. But u do see them around. At this festivle they do yearly at echo park, EXP was deeeeeeeep. There was like 10 heads at ever corner. I can say there was about 5 different corners. Even tho u dont see em around much, they do put in work. Especially on CYS and OBS.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » September 4th, 2004, 11:03 pm

O yea they even made a movie on EXP. The movie is called, Mi Vida Loca(My Crazy life). U can buy the bootleg dvds on the strip of echo park. Where they sell food on them carts like tacos, corns, fruits n stuff.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » September 4th, 2004, 11:23 pm

whats that park behind Dodger stadium? its close by Echo Park.. i went through there and i seen CXiVst. tagging all over the signs and trees and their was guys out there just staring..i guess they were from Clantone14..but i didnt know C14 was in that area.. does anything know about that?

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » September 5th, 2004, 12:12 am

^^ Thats Elysian Park. That was LA LOMASX3 hood. Then LA LOMAS died out then EXP took over that park. But lately sum LA LOMAS OGz just came out of prison and started bangin around there again. I been seeing alot of them around that area too. Especially on solano st. But they all Old. They be throwing bbqs in this one alley bumping they ese and pai sa music. They always be doggin me but not do shizz. Theres this one tunnel on solano st that they go in and tagg. Thats near Elysian Park to.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » September 5th, 2004, 12:15 am

O yea Clantone aint around that area. I bet they just went there to have a bbq and decided to tagg up the place. They even tagged in my hood, China Town. Haha. Alot of hoods be going to that park now cuhs LA LOMASx3 kinda died out.

BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS

Unread post by BIGG LISTO » September 9th, 2004, 6:31 pm

NikexCortez wrote:O yea Clantone aint around that area. I bet they just went there to have a bbq and decided to tagg up the place. They even tagged in my hood, China Town. Haha. Alot of hoods be going to that park now cuhs LA LOMASx3 kinda died out.
Me and the homies would always go up their. It was one of our spots to get blown back in the days.

FLUID
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FLUID » October 17th, 2004, 1:15 am

So in that movie MI VIDA LOCA, are their rivals RiverValley a real gang?

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » October 17th, 2004, 1:57 am

FLUID wrote:So in that movie MI VIDA LOCA, are their rivals RiverValley a real gang?
No such thing as rivervalley...what they meant as Rivervalley is probably FTR...FrogtownRiverside...Frogtown Rifa. They have been enemies of EXPls for a while.

FLUID
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FLUID » October 17th, 2004, 2:00 am

^^^^^OK, Good Lookin. That was a decent little movie.

chini
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by chini » January 18th, 2005, 7:04 am

Hi all, i am in this hood, near the Diamonds/FMK. You gotta remember NOT EVERYONE in Echo is ExP (an old old old gang, when I was little, and believe me that was a hundred years ago!), we also have Teardrop, vietnamese gangs, & Temple street & more. There used to be a gang, KDP, but I believe they died out.

ALso wearing Ecko clothes is a style here more than anything else, so don't think everyone wearing that stuff is in a gang (do you guys know how much Ecko clothes cost!! DAMN!!). ALso there is some little gang up the hill in Angelino heights... I'm walking to the store and BAM BAM BAM, they got the cuetes going around alla those million dollar white people houses! I don't they're old enuff to shoot straight tho! watch your step!

nice to meet you everybody, peace out. La C

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » January 19th, 2005, 9:46 am

chini wrote:Hi all, i am in this hood, near the Diamonds/FMK. You gotta remember NOT EVERYONE in Echo is ExP (an old old old gang, when I was little, and believe me that was a hundred years ago!), we also have Teardrop, vietnamese gangs, & Temple street & more. There used to be a gang, KDP, but I believe they died out.

ALso wearing Ecko clothes is a style here more than anything else, so don't think everyone wearing that stuff is in a gang (do you guys know how much Ecko clothes cost!! DAMN!!). ALso there is some little gang up the hill in Angelino heights... I'm walking to the store and BAM BAM BAM, they got the cuetes going around alla those million dollar white people houses! I don't they're old enuff to shoot straight tho! watch your step!

nice to meet you everybody, peace out. La C
What's KDP? Echo Park has always been vEXP13. You may have had some veteranos from WF/etc. living in the area. Teardrop Locos...LOL...I remember like 1 dude on sutherland with a busted up 64' who always tried to fire up his lifts and get stuck. In Angelino Heights, on the side of the freeway opposite DST hood is AHTS gang, Angelino Heights Gang. Are they still around? There was a dude from Diamond living up on another street, north of his neighborhood. But mostly Echo Park Ave from the Lake to the 2 FWY, from Glendale Blvd to say about a mile east is mostly EXP.

Nowadays Echo Park is much different. The old gas station on the Ave used to be full of homeboys, but now right across from it is some boutique designers. The real estate has jumped up tremendously, a lot of white people that couldn't afford Silverlake have moved into Echo Park. It's not unlikely to see white people walking down the Ave., crossing the street with Veteranos from Echo Park walking their pit bulls.

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » January 19th, 2005, 11:57 am

Big Dusty you hit it on the head with "The real estate has jumped up tremendously, a lot of white people that couldn't afford Silverlake have moved into Echo Park." That whole area is changin.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » January 19th, 2005, 12:09 pm

chini wrote: ALso wearing Ecko clothes is a style here more than anything else, so don't think everyone wearing that stuff is in a gang (do you guys know how much Ecko clothes cost!! DAMN!!). !

yeah i know Ecko clothes are popular but i only thought maybe they wear those clothes because...i was in EP, i saw 2 cholos, both wearing Ecko shirts..and the gang name in the area is Ecko Park, so yeah.

chini
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by chini » January 19th, 2005, 5:50 pm

hi big dusty it is nice to meet you. No kidding, the place is even way different than from the Vida Loca movie. I mean, I remember the days when I used to fall into the lake when I was a little girl in the 70s (am i giving my age away!!!). Now it's becoming like Old town pasadena! awesome story about the bajito getting stuck lol!

as for rent. tell me about it. I'm afraid to move out, i can barely afford what I'm paying now in Angelino hts.

Yes there is some sort of gang up in the alley at the end of Ridge Way, but I'm not sure from the tagging who they are. FMK tags wherever, but I have a feeling they are their own set.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » January 20th, 2005, 10:15 am

Yeah, most of my family went to Belmont back in the early 70's-mid70's...had some family up in Echo Park hood, and Diamond's hood. Its really different from those times growing up. Even different from the times I banged in the 80's in that area. It's nice to see it get cleaned up after all this time, but I'm not sure if it's a good thing to see other people not respect the rich culture in that area.

You ever hit up the Lotus festival?

chini
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by chini » January 20th, 2005, 4:51 pm

that's what I missed .. my teens were spent in the VALLEY since my folks thought it was "safer".. do you know how white upper class jewish the valley was in the 70s! I got into more trouble there then here in Echo. LOL.

It's nice, the Starbucks in the area and stuff, but i'm not sure the rent going up like crazy is nice. Nooo way. I can't get over all the shooting I saw around those million dollar houses like I said heh. I mean, I check online for house prices and IT'S NOT REAL here in EP no more. Only those downtown stockbrokers maybe can buy one.

Yes. Lotus Festival is the bomb. I go when I can, I have a little one, but when he's older, I'll probably get out there more often. We went last year. I'm kinda pissed off about the island on the lake being closed off, I wonder why they did that.

chini
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by chini » February 5th, 2005, 6:52 pm

http://www.snorko.org/cyberwrite/eng103 ... avidh.html

Just wanted to know your thoughts about this article, including Alonso. A little dated. “Woken up at 3 AM by gunfire” was/is not that routine in most of Echo Park ‘98, unless you lived next door to the ExP, Diamonds or Teardrops, which apparently this author did. Senior Office Writer is no longer with our local division which is too bad; I have met him, a very community oriented, respectful guy as cops go. Bangers don’t love him, but many had respect. We now have an increase in graffiti. There is still a lot of burglary/assault. A friend of mine was jumped at the bus stop on Bellevue before Echo Park by a Diamond last year and had his necklace jacked. And poor Mary Ann, that lady works so hard for so little, but she has developed the best youth intervention in EP I have seen so far. She not only tries to help from the firehouse, but she tries to help other organizations also.

Would like to hear other opinions. http://www.snorko.org/cyberwrite/eng103 ... avidh.html

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by RuthlessCray » February 5th, 2005, 9:56 pm

i was over there today. i saw v.EXP LS crossing out OBS..whats OBS?

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » February 6th, 2005, 10:12 am

RuthlessBone wrote:i was over there today. i saw v.EXP LS crossing out OBS..whats OBS?
Osiri Boys

chini
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by chini » February 19th, 2005, 3:33 pm

OBS are creepin into A-Hts too. Would like to know more about these guys. How many years they been around, racial makeup etc.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » February 23rd, 2005, 10:24 am

chini wrote:OBS are creepin into A-Hts too. Would like to know more about these guys. How many years they been around, racial makeup etc.
Always thought they were around AHTS? As far as I know, a chicano gang. I've seen them around at least from the late 80's, but nothing big, never saw them hold down a block or neighborhood.

chini
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by chini » March 15th, 2005, 11:58 am

LOL. NOW I know who the bad shots (bad as in cant shoot straight)

chini
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by chini » March 15th, 2005, 2:31 pm

... and actually they are tight on Ridge Way alley by the Headstart. But maybe that's the only place they're holding down. ty for the 411

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 15th, 2005, 1:40 pm

chini...you ask a lot of questions for somebody who lives there.

Do you come out the house anymore?

cbi562
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cbi562 » July 15th, 2005, 6:26 pm

Echo Park - I do not even know what to say about these maricons. Yall used to be cool with me back in the days - its been do or die since 03. I guess yall fucked up when the lil kids was comin from the East to the North tryin to start shit on Magnolia. I wish riders like S**** and P***** W***** was with us - they would have put all your asses in line.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 16th, 2005, 8:15 am

cbi562 wrote:Echo Park - I do not even know what to say about these maricons. Yall used to be cool with me back in the days - its been do or die since 03. I guess yall #%@& up when the lil kids was comin from the East to the North tryin to start shit on Magnolia. I wish riders like S**** and P***** W***** was with us - they would have put all your asses in line.
Was this a cry for help? Keep it in the streets homie, don't nobody wanna know your business on here...LOL. The Locos are on the ave everyday...

cbi562
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cbi562 » July 16th, 2005, 5:45 pm

How is it a cry for help? If real eses from the Park are on here - they will automtically know who I am. They have a personal beef against me and my big homeboy. Dusty you gotta understand that I aint no street nigga - that is why I could relax at my home with the AC on - while others out there tryin to hustle in this heat cuzz.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 18th, 2005, 12:07 pm

cbi562 wrote:How is it a cry for help? If real eses from the Park are on here - they will automtically know who I am. They have a personal beef against me and my big homeboy. Dusty you gotta understand that I aint no street nigga - that is why I could relax at my home with the AC on - while others out there tryin to hustle in this heat cuzz.
Again homie, if you are real then why even type this stuff on the net? Not trying to disrespect or start beef...but really keep it offline though. I respect the game to the fullest...that's all.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » July 18th, 2005, 12:28 pm

NEUTRAL GROUND without street beefs works best on here if we are to have participants from ALL BARRIOS & HOODS contributing to the site.
CBI you're cool people as far as I am concerned, but I agree with Big Dusty on this one.

On another note, does anybody know if there ever was a Varrio Angelino Heights on the West Side?
I read in some place, BrownPride or Angelfire, can't remember where, anyways in it the vato claimed to be from Angelino Heights up in North Cal but that his varrio had originated out of Los AHts.
In the Angelino Heights area that I know of in L.A. I can't name the Varrios from the 70s on up, and I don't ever remember ever hearing of a varrio A-Hts.

Osiri Boys, did they break-off anybody else?

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Latino gangs, Sureños, clubs, crews and varrios”