Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » February 24th, 2005, 2:33 pm

Why accept the poison religion from the slavemaster? DO you really think he is going to give you something to benefit you? There is nothing in REALITY to show and prove christianity to be TRUE, why follow it? Most blacks like to be rooted in REALITY, so why follow Christianity? Do any of you research ANYTHING? Do you even know who and What Christ is?

Pick up a book, other than the ones your teachers and Pastors told you to read...

Heres one, "The Historical Origin of Christianity"
that should be a good place to start, researching, actual learning... Then read some more...
Search and you will find me.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Re: Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

Unread post by Cold Bear » February 24th, 2005, 2:53 pm

Christianity is nothing but a mix of many fables and pagan rituals.

Many countries saw Christianity as what it was...a yoke. It's mental colonization.

At the same time, I think many sufferers seek comfort in the kingdom of God. Tough life with no escape...it's a comfort to look at your sweat and toil as buying your ticket to a happy afterlife.

And I'm saying this from arguments with black christians, I'm neither black or christian. But as a 'minority' I can't get with praying to a white god.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » February 24th, 2005, 6:06 pm

who siad that this god is white? who said that he has any skin colour and what differencewould make it?
Which religion would you pick instead?

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » February 24th, 2005, 6:38 pm

Sentenza wrote:who siad that this god is white? who said that he has any skin colour and what differencewould make it?

I don't "believe". I don't have to because I "know". Why walk with one leg when you can run with two?

Who or what do I worship? Very simple......MY "SELF". The only place one needs to look for salvation is "within". There is no mediator between man and his or her salvation. Salvation is accomplished through the efforts of the individual. In other words, to find salvation, start looking for the "god" that exist within YOU.

TmaaN

Unread post by TmaaN » March 5th, 2005, 10:14 am

The "god that exist within me?" LOL

Kemosave
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Kemosave » March 5th, 2005, 7:30 pm

Rofl.. nothing here even worth responding to.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 5th, 2005, 7:58 pm

Kemosave wrote:Rofl.. nothing here even worth responding to.
yet you left your little piece.......bravo

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 5th, 2005, 10:18 pm

purplecityhello wrote:
Sentenza wrote:who siad that this god is white? who said that he has any skin colour and what differencewould make it?

I don't "believe". I don't have to because I "know". Why walk with one leg when you can run with two?

Who or what do I worship? Very simple......MY "SELF". The only place one needs to look for salvation is "within". There is no mediator between man and his or her salvation. Salvation is accomplished through the efforts of the individual. In other words, to find salvation, start looking for the "god" that exist within YOU.
so your like an athiest or an agnostic or something like that? thats cool. i don't hate on other peoples religious beliefs because nobody knows the truth.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » March 5th, 2005, 11:18 pm

^ ^ ^ ^ TRUTH IS WITHIN YOU

Any time you do wrong "you know within" that you did wrong - something in there lets you know you did wrong, you can fool all those around you, you can make all kinds of excuses, you can try justifying the why you committed a wrong, you can try reasoning, but "you can not fool yourself"! WHY IS THAT? what or who tells your innermost that you did wrong? where did it come from? and if its just something that developed/evolved within man, then nothing in this world matters, why? because if thats the case - then everything is in vain and hopeless - eat, shit and die as the saying goes - that's what your life is worth without GOD.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » March 6th, 2005, 9:39 pm

TmaaN wrote:The "god that exist within me?" LOL
First off, this is a very good thread, second of all, the above remark is proof that our people have been made ignorant of the true reality of God. I'm sure those who have a negative response to this question on this thread might be profess to be "christian" but to those who are, can you post the scripture and verse in plain words where Jesus said he is a christian and for us to follow a religion called christianity? And don't come with sme twisted verse or secret code in the bible where you say it proves your point!!! To make this as plain as I can, Jesus never said he was a christian or that he had a religion called christianity, and is his sign really a cross? Come on "christian", I'm curious to your answers. We as Black have to been COMPLETLY tricked to believe in a religion called christianity, we been fooled to think that when we die, that's when we will have a good life and meet and kick it with all of our dead loved ones, when in reality, our heaven and hell is for us in this life. Can someone post and tell me of anyone who came back from the dead and said how wonderful it is to be dead, and how they are "up there" with all of their friends and family wha have passed on. When you stop and just think about what white folk made up and taught us, it's crazy!!! AS far as the person saying the God within, I agree to a certain extent, because we have been taught and trained that God is "up there" who looks like a sufer dude..lol God said let "us' make man in his image and likeness(oh and another question for you so-called christian, who is the "us" God is talking about?) If you don't believe God is within all of us, you really need to re-evaluate what you think you know! We as black folk, need to get away from this mystery God teaching and realize God is real, and not some spook. White folk has really got some of us arguing with your own people, and protecting these lies that white folk made up. Oh, and another good book on this subject, is called "The Dark History of Christianity" (and it's written by a white woman, so some of you may accept what she say, since you can't accept truth from your Black brother or sister) We as Black folk are very spiritual, and even though we are caught up in so-called christianity, Allah(God) knows what white did by taking our original religion, so he will forgive us for associating partners with him and worshipping someone other than him....Much respect to the person who posted this thread, very good question.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » March 6th, 2005, 9:46 pm

First off, this is a very good thread, second of all, the above remark is proof that our people have been made ignorant of the true reality of God. I'm sure those who have a negative response to this question on this thread might be profess to be "christian" but to those who are, can you post the scripture and verse in plain words where Jesus said he is a christian and for us to follow a religion called christianity? And don't come with sme twisted verse or secret code in the bible where you say it proves your point!!! To make this as plain as I can, Jesus never said he was a christian or that he had a religion called christianity, and is his sign really a cross? Come on "christian", I'm curious to your answers. We as Black have to been COMPLETLY tricked to believe in a religion called christianity, we been fooled to think that when we die, that's when we will have a good life and meet and kick it with all of our dead loved ones, when in reality, our heaven and hell is for us in this life. Can someone post and tell me of anyone who came back from the dead and said how wonderful it is to be dead, and how they are "up there" with all of their friends and family wha have passed on. When you stop and just think about what white folk made up and taught us, it's crazy!!! AS far as the person saying the God within, I agree to a certain extent, because we have been taught and trained that God is "up there" who looks like a sufer dude..lol God said let "us' make man in his image and likeness(oh and another question for you so-called christian, who is the "us" God is talking about?) If you don't believe God is within all of us, you really need to re-evaluate what you think you know! We as black folk, need to get away from this mystery God teaching and realize God is real, and not some spook. White folk has really got some of us arguing with your own people, and protecting these lies that white folk made up. Oh, and another good book on this subject, is called "The Dark History of Christianity" (and it's written by a white woman, so some of you may accept what she say, since you can't accept truth from your Black brother or sister) We as Black folk are very spiritual, and even though we are caught up in so-called christianity, Allah(God) knows what white did by taking our original religion, so he will forgive us for associating partners with him and worshipping someone other than him....Much respect to the person who posted this thread, very good question.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » March 6th, 2005, 9:48 pm

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » March 6th, 2005, 9:52 pm

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » March 6th, 2005, 9:56 pm

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » March 6th, 2005, 9:58 pm

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » March 6th, 2005, 10:13 pm

it doesn't say anywhere in the Bible that Jesus was a Christian. it doesn't say follow Christianity, because there was no such thing. it did however say follow Jesus.

the reason Jesus never said he was a Christian is because Chrisianity is based on him. the term Christianity came after he passed. so i don't know what you're trying to prove off that...please explain further...

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » March 6th, 2005, 10:20 pm

The religion remained the same sense its Congregation Begun. Only Man Manipulated that.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » March 6th, 2005, 10:21 pm

D.X. wrote:
God remains God everywhere, There is no Youre god my God, He is the power of the Most High. And their is no relativism here. Only Man Manipulates "God" he remains as is continually.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 7th, 2005, 10:16 am

some people believe everything that someone tells them without asking questions.....look behind the truth, study, do research....dont be just another lemming

1111§
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 1111§ » March 7th, 2005, 10:20 am

Well does it make sense to believe in another slavemaster's religion, Islam??

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » March 7th, 2005, 10:54 am

^ ^ ^ ^ in the same context of the question -
- does it make sense for a Native American to be a Muslim?

- does it make sense for anybody to be anything other than your own?

- i get the idea from the topic question that it is o.k. for a BlackMan to be a Muslim but not a Christian - am i wrong?

If that is the case, then a lot of people would be disapointed to find out just how much the First Muslims (Arabs) discriminated and converted by force the BlackMan or be beheaded.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 7th, 2005, 11:06 am

lonewolf wrote:Does It Make Any Sense To Be Black And Christian?

^ ^ ^ ^ in the same context of the question -
- does it make sense for a Native American to be a Muslim?

- does it make sense for anybody to be anything other than your own?

- i get the idea from the topic question that it is o.k. for a BlackMan to be a Muslim but not a Christian - am i wrong?

If that is the case, then a lot of people would be disapointed to find out just how much the First Muslims (Arabs) discriminated and converted by force the BlackMan or be beheaded.
Good point and I agree. Just as the Jews were Hazoorat (means most respected) Isa’s (Jesus) biggest foe and a portion of the Jews did not accept him or his claims to this day, the Arabs was the Holy Prophet biggest opponent but Islam became so prominent that it was accepted as a way of life by the majority. They were elevated from where they were before. All the Arabs did not truly accept Islam but succumb to the practices until after the demise of The Holy Prophet and began to slowly reemerge and creating mischief and differences.

The Holy Prophet Muhammad set the example when he married his first wife who had slaves that he freed all of her slaves. Some of his early followers were freed slaves with no strings attached.

So what I’m saying is that many Arabs to this day are not true followers of Islam in practice, maybe in words, and what you see being practice in Sudan are those who retain the old ways and was left behind spiritually blind and eventually will be disgraced. They are linked to the group of rebellious hypocrites that retain themselves to this day and probably linked to the Muslim Brotherhood that is creating today’s mischief.

plus note - im not muslim and i started this thread

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » March 7th, 2005, 12:00 pm

Some of your post on here is unbelievable. First of all someone said that so-called christianity came AFTER Jesus? How can someone name put a whole religion on Jesus and he never had anything to do with it? I mean let's look at this in a simple manner, with common sense. So much is put on Jesus, that he if he was here, he would have nothing to do with the masses who claim him. You said it best when you said "FOLLOW" Jesus, that's a diffence between worship him!!! If he didn'tt make up christianity, who is man to do this? And to go even deeper, WHO DID MAKE THIS RELIGION UP? And lets be truthfull. Jesus lived a life that we all should pattern our lives after, when understood how he lived. How dare anyone associate any partner with Allah(God)!!!! No Prophet or messenger is equal to the Creator! Yes, all the Prophets was righteous men, but they can never be made equal to him who SENT them. Alot of people have this spook teaching to their religion, some mocked the person who said God is within, when understood correctly, this is true. Like I said, to most, they say God is "up there"^^ Can I get that question answered about if we are made in "HIS" image and likeness, then what does God look like? And who is the "US" spoken of in who is going to make man? I also see some of you all understanding of Islam is twisted also.. I posed this question many of times on here, and I will do it again. It's very simple, and don't get all scientific with the answer, make it plain for the common folk to relate to. WHAT IS ISLAM? AND WHAT IS A MUSLIM? For many of us we are so far from what Allah(God) created us to be, we can't even comprehend God dwelling us. We are so caught up in this enemies teaching of so-called christianity, and a mystery God that's in the sky. We make religion so hard to understand with all these different books, and interpretations. What did all of the Creators prophets and messengers teach? Can I get a simple answer to this?

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 7th, 2005, 4:55 pm

well, it makes as much sense for black and a christian as a muslim and black. They were both non native religions that were forced on blacks by their owners.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » March 8th, 2005, 12:57 pm

D.X. wrote
First of all someone said that so-called Christianity came AFTER Jesus? How can someone put the name of Jesus on a whole religion and he never had anything to do with it?

Lonewolf;
Christianity is a name that derived with time.
Any single person didn’t just suddenly adopt it.
When the Jews and others began to refer to the followers of the teachings of Jesus “Christ”, they coined the name “CHRISTIAN”, so that by the 3rd century A.D. -all those peoples that believed in the Apostles of the LORD, whether they be Roman, Nazarene, Coptic, Ethiopian, Greek Orthodox, Chaldean, Armenian, or any other “CHURCH” -all fell in line with Christianity's fundamental root teachings in accordance with the sacrifice of the LORD on the Cross.
Jesus did not come to establish a religion; any one that has read the Gospels can see how HE (Jesus) struggled with the established religion of the Jews that did not practice TRUTH and clothed themselves with all sorts of deceitful practices under cover of the robe.
He did however came to bring us the message of salvation and participation in the Kingdom of GOD, and instructed HIS disciples to go forth to all the world and preach the good news.

D.X. wrote
WHO DID MAKE THIS (CHRISTIAN) RELIGION UP?

Lonewolf;
Man makes up religions all the time, from the first annals of written history you can see how one religion after another has been established, all branching off from prophets of one sort of another, whether it be Muhammad, Buddha, Moses or others, eventually many more branch off and really put a “twist” on the original teachings to suit their benefit – in the like of these are Jim Jones, David Koresh, the Ku Klux Klan as some of the ones way far off the radar in terms of Fundamentals.

D.X. wrote
How dare anyone associate any partner with Allah(God)!!!! No Prophet or messenger is equal to the Creator!

Lonewolf;
Jesus is not a partner with allah, he never said he was a partner,
"HE IS THE WORD AND THE WORD WAS WITH GOD FROM THE BEGINNING".
Jesus is GOD come in the flesh to show us HIS love and his nature here among us, came to do the ultimate sacrifice one can perform GIVE UP HIS LIFE so that you believe in his message of LOVE FOR YOU and repent from your evil ways, being born again into a NEW BEING full of THRUTHFUL SPIRIT “WITHIN YOU”.

D.X. wrote
A lot of people have this spook teaching to their religion, some mocked the person who said God is within, when understood correctly, this is true.

Lonewolf;
GOD IS WITHIN YOU, you don’t need to go to a building, temple, church, or any other kind. GOD is all around you, and if you care to open the door to HIM, HE will come in and have supper with you.

D.X. wrote
Can I get that question answered about if we are made in "HIS" image and likeness, then what does God look like? And who is the "US" spoken of in who is going to make man?

Lonewolf;
HIS IMAGE, think about it a little –

Are we animals?
Or men?
Do we master over the beasts of the field & rule over the earth?
Do we have life?
Do we have the gift of life in reproduction?
Do we benefit from having a creative mind?
Do we have the freedom of choice between right and wrong?
Can you live a solitary life?
Or are we a social family?

HIS IMAGE to me basically translates as having the breath of life, the spirit to discern right from wrong, the freedom of choice, the power or rulership and creativity, and having the responsibility that comes together with a family.

The “US” spoken in Genesis refers to the “FAMILY OF GOD”.

D.X. wrote
I also see some of you all understanding of Islam is twisted also..
WHAT IS ISLAM? AND WHAT IS A MUSLIM?

Lonewolf:
ISLAM, based on the reading the Noble Koran, other books on Islam, and many conversations that I have had with members of the faith, to me has come to represent a copy-cat mixture of Hebrew, Christian and Nomadic beliefs and cultural traditions, from Persia, Arabia, Palestine & Egypt, this is what fused together and clashed with Judeo-Christian Theocracy which separated itself from the Middle-East and re-centered in the European Imperial Courts.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 8th, 2005, 1:16 pm

while islam may be a "a copy-cat mixture of Hebrew, Christian and Nomadic" beliefs, Chritianity is a copycat mixture itself of hebrew zaroastrianism, roman and greek mythology, and egyptian sun worship. So you shouldn't point fingers.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » March 8th, 2005, 1:26 pm

^ ^ ^ ^ ain't pointing fingers - just answered a question based on my perception.
MY FAITH "IS" MY FAITH - to each his own.
Having said that, i come full circle to the question
"Does it make sense to be anyone but yourself"?

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 8th, 2005, 1:30 pm

not at all.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » March 8th, 2005, 1:35 pm

so the question then becomes WHO ARE YOU and WHAT ARE YOU ABOUT, right?

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 8th, 2005, 4:34 pm

you still talkin religion? I would say that it doesn't make sense to be any religion just because your parents made you read the bible or the koran. I think it doesn't make any sense to go to church or temple, or whatever, cuz nowhere in any of those books does jesus or god say that you need to go somewhere to worship. And not of them called themselves by any religion either, except for jesus who called himself a jew. I think that if you read a book and decide to base your life on it, so be it, but do it on your own, by going to a church and listening to a prient, preacher, pope, mullah, or anything else, you are getting a distorted view of any religion. Religion should be between you and whatever god you choose to believe in, if there is a god, he doesnt need a middle man.

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » March 8th, 2005, 6:23 pm

do many black are christian. that i know of, maybe not all. some are catholic or baptist. but for a minute i thought catholic and christian are the same but they not. kause catholic's pray to the Virgin Mary and i think Christians dont.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » March 8th, 2005, 7:55 pm

D.X. wrote:Some of your post on here is unbelievable. First of all someone said that so-called christianity came AFTER Jesus? How can someone name put a whole religion on Jesus and he never had anything to do with it? I mean let's look at this in a simple manner, with common sense. So much is put on Jesus, that he if he was here, he would have nothing to do with the masses who claim him. You said it best when you said "FOLLOW" Jesus, that's a diffence between worship him!!! If he didn'tt make up christianity, who is man to do this? And to go even deeper, WHO DID MAKE THIS RELIGION UP? And lets be truthfull. Jesus lived a life that we all should pattern our lives after, when understood how he lived. How dare anyone associate any partner with Allah(God)!!!! No Prophet or messenger is equal to the Creator! Yes, all the Prophets was righteous men, but they can never be made equal to him who SENT them. Alot of people have this spook teaching to their religion, some mocked the person who said God is within, when understood correctly, this is true. Like I said, to most, they say God is "up there"^^ Can I get that question answered about if we are made in "HIS" image and likeness, then what does God look like? And who is the "US" spoken of in who is going to make man? I also see some of you all understanding of Islam is twisted also.. I posed this question many of times on here, and I will do it again. It's very simple, and don't get all scientific with the answer, make it plain for the common folk to relate to. WHAT IS ISLAM? AND WHAT IS A MUSLIM? For many of us we are so far from what Allah(God) created us to be, we can't even comprehend God dwelling us. We are so caught up in this enemies teaching of so-called christianity, and a mystery God that's in the sky. We make religion so hard to understand with all these different books, and interpretations. What did all of the Creators prophets and messengers teach? Can I get a simple answer to this?
the main difference between muslims and christians is muslims believe Jesus was a prophet...christians believe he was the son of God and God himself...the trinity...who was sent down to save us all...there's differences...it's not that hard to understand.