Fat Joe says nigga in his song!?!?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
dutch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Fat Joe says nigga in his song!?!?

Unread post by dutch » February 24th, 2005, 11:24 am

To me this is weird cause he ain't a black guy.What yall think about it??
And the song that i mean is Lean Back.

1111§
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Fat Joe says nigga in his song!?!?

Unread post by 1111§ » February 24th, 2005, 11:55 am

All the time, it's nothing new to most of us I think...

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » February 24th, 2005, 1:08 pm

Same with Pitbull and Big Pun..
i dont know what, i just think its stupid

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » February 24th, 2005, 3:33 pm

A LIVE PHONE CALL ON 106 N PARK A YEAR AGO A OLDER BLACK WOMAN ASKED HIM WHY HE SAID IT HIS RESPONSE WAS HE GREW UP SAYING IT" WHAT UP N**GA ETC.

I AINT NO FAN OF FEMINEM BUT DO HE SAY IT IN HIS MUSIC?
IF SO OR NOT I DON'T SEE WHY PEOPLE LET WHITE LATINOS GET THE GREEN LIGHT?javascript:emoticon(':o')

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » February 24th, 2005, 7:14 pm

Yea i Been knew Fat Joe sayin it. its funny kause most of the latino rappers who B sayin nigga is Light skinned. lol Pittbull, Pun, Joe. i kud tell Joe & Pun would be some kind of spanish if i saw em on the street. but i would think Pittbull was whiteboy. he a good rapper tho.

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » February 25th, 2005, 7:49 am

I always thought Fat Joe was part black (when he first came out, I thought he was a light-skinned man), like most ricans. Probably that's why there's a comfortability there. Also keep in mind, he played the brother of Mack 10, who's obviously black, in a movie called "Thicker Than Water."

And as far as Big Pun, well, I've seen his mother, and his mother looks like my Aunt-A LIGHT BROWN SKIN WOMAN. Only Pun's mother speaks spanish...

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » February 26th, 2005, 5:17 pm

Fat Joe is just light skinned but he aint white.

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » February 27th, 2005, 6:11 pm

Rollin_inmy_SixFo wrote:Fat Joe is just light skinned but he aint white.
that nigga is Puerto Rican, he aint no black man

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » February 27th, 2005, 6:37 pm

Puerto Rican is black

some might be light skinned ..some might be as dark as a black person..but most of them act black..especially on the east coast

cashville
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cashville » February 27th, 2005, 7:44 pm

as long as they aint white im coo with it ricanz is just like us so it dont matta

fistfullofboomstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fistfullofboomstick » February 27th, 2005, 8:37 pm

to individual, "acting black" dont make u black, just like blacks who are whitewash dont make them white

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » February 28th, 2005, 1:22 am

its just puerto ricans^^

if a white boy acted black..he would just be acting..

but puertos ricans are different

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » February 28th, 2005, 1:09 pm

Individual wrote:its just puerto ricans^^

black people are black. puerto ricans are brown. their two different things. they are not the same thing. otherwise, puerto ricans would be called blacks and not puerto ricans. one group originated in africa, the other is a mix of native american and spanish. they are not the same thing. this is like talking to a three year old kid. puerto ricans = puetro ricans. blacks = blacks. get it?

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » February 28th, 2005, 1:15 pm

se11 wrote:
Individual wrote:its just puerto ricans^^

black people are black. puerto ricans are brown. their two different things. they are not the same thing. otherwise, puerto ricans would be called blacks and not puerto ricans. one group originated in africa, the other is a mix of native american and spanish. they are not the same thing. this is like talking to a three year old kid. puerto ricans = puetro ricans. blacks = blacks. get it?
*Puerto ricans are a mixture of native american, african and spanish! Has anyone ever heard of Roberto Clemente, Felix Trinidad, Wilfred Benitez, etc.? There were african slaves in Puerto Rico, and through the years, puerto rico's black population has thoroughly intermixed genetically, with much of the other folks, producing a mulatto ethnic group.

Hell, just look at Miguel Cotto, and others! They're not strictly a spanish and amerindian mix, the way latinos like yourself, with an hispanidad agenda want to make it out as, by totally robbing latin america of it's african legacy, by either downplaying it, or knocking it out of existence, by not acknowledging the obvious.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » February 28th, 2005, 1:19 pm

You're right but not completely on point. There are plenty of PR's who clearly have no African roots.

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » February 28th, 2005, 1:30 pm

Cold Bear wrote:You're right but not completely on point. There are plenty of PR's who clearly have no African roots.
*I agree that you have many pr's without any black blood, I'm no fool, because remember, from the mid part of the 19th century, onto now, you've had a steady stream of europeans, and others coming into Puerto Rico, on a regular steady basis, and I'm sure many of these folks descendants, don't have black in them.

HOWEVER, did you know that in the mid 19th century, the majority population in puerto rico was black folks, and/or mulattos, because of the slave trade, and that puerto rico was one of the major carribean islands that was a center for the slave trade?

(Trivia: The movie Amistad was partly filmed in a former slave castle, in Puerto Rico.)

My question is, what happened to all those black folks? I'll tell you what! THEY AMALGAMATED THEIR GENE POOL WITH THE REST OF PUERTO RICAN SOCIETY.

I could go further with this, and be more specific and intricate, but you get the point...

Sh3LLz
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Sh3LLz » February 28th, 2005, 1:30 pm

personally i cant stand latinos in general...i dont hate..but they just a taccy people in my mind...

as for Joe...dont like his chunky ass either...Pun was hot but what get me is with ricans..they quicc to talk abotu how they from the hood....but if it cam down to it...theyd ride with a white dude before standin up for ANY blacc man....just cuz they wanna get ahead...i only envy they strong sense of family...thats it...

the only people who buy joe shyt is ricans...i dont see how he real hood or just plain REAL in general...thoughts?

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » February 28th, 2005, 1:40 pm

Sh3LLz wrote:personally i cant stand latinos in general...i dont hate..but they just a taccy people in my mind...

as for Joe...dont like his chunky ass either...Pun was hot but what get me is with ricans..they quicc to talk abotu how they from the hood....but if it cam down to it...theyd ride with a white dude before standin up for ANY black man....just because they wanna get ahead...i only envy they strong sense of family...thats it...

the only people who buy joe shyt is ricans...i dont see how he real hood or just plain REAL in general...thoughts?
*I don't know man, I've run across cool ricans, and my girlfriend's a dominican, and my pops (not my stepdad) was a black cuban (my mother is african-american). With this said, I have ran across some very racist ricans, especially those that live in the midwestern states. In those areas, many of those ricans don't want any association with black folks whatsoever. In the mid 90's on down, they would strictly try to associate with white folks, even when it comes to identity issues; but now, many are going under that cut from whole cloth, politically motivated term (latino or hispanic), finding their comfort and identity there...

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » February 28th, 2005, 6:21 pm

Foo.I know..puertos ricans speak spanish..got there own lil island..got like 2% african decents

but im saying on the streets..they;re black in my eyes

Pasa
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Pasa » March 1st, 2005, 9:32 am

PUERTO RICANS DO GOT SOME BLACK IN EM FAR AS HISTORY GOES BUT IN THE STREETS THEY BROWN IN MY EYES AND I WOULDNT GO FOR ANY OF EM SAYIN "NIGGA" TO ME. IF U AINT BLACK, YOU BEST TO LEAN BACK...

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » March 1st, 2005, 9:51 am

TheReal wrote:
Sh3LLz wrote:personally i cant stand latinos in general...i dont hate..but they just a taccy people in my mind...

as for Joe...dont like his chunky ass either...Pun was hot but what get me is with ricans..they quicc to talk abotu how they from the hood....but if it cam down to it...theyd ride with a white dude before standin up for ANY black man....just because they wanna get ahead...i only envy they strong sense of family...thats it...

*I don't know man, I've run across cool ricans, and my girlfriend's a dominican, and my pops (not my stepdad) was a black cuban (my mother is african-american). With this said, I have ran across some very racist ricans, especially those that live in the midwestern states. In those areas, many of those ricans don't want any association with black folks whatsoever. In the mid 90's on down, they would strictly try to associate with white folks, even when it comes to identity issues; but now, many are going under that cut from whole cloth, politically motivated term (latino or hispanic), finding their comfort and identity there...
Yea, i know some rican that B on that "Fuck Niggers" shit, and isnt that why in Riker's Island the Bloods were formed. because the Latin Kings were pickin on the black people. so i dont know.

Sh3LLz
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Sh3LLz » March 2nd, 2005, 8:08 am

i feel you on that...still...it seem to me like the making money off our culture before they own...and you know they think they better than EVERYBODY...they a conceited people to me

wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wizdom » March 2nd, 2005, 5:40 pm

Sh3LLz wrote:i feel you on that...still...it seem to me like the making money off our culture before they own...and you know they think they better than EVERYBODY...they a conceited people to me
Yea, i know some ricans and i treat em like they my nigga. But some of em is some conceited ass niggas. and i dont think ricans is all black. i konsider the ones with nappy hair and dark skinned ones Black. others to me, they're puerto rican. im sayin some of em got straight hair and light skin. But im not knockin no rican, i know light skinned ricans who is thorough as hell, and i respekt their gangsta. But i also know thorough dominicans, panamanian, peruvians, filipinos, cambodians, cubans, and so on, but if they dont have dark skin and nappy hair like our ancestors then they aint black and i dont think they karry the stripes like we do.

D.B.I.H.GG

Unread post by D.B.I.H.GG » March 4th, 2005, 3:02 am

Ya'll heard bout that white rapper from philly , i think he's named shortyo or somthin' like that. He called beanie sigel a ni**a in a diss track. Now if dude is walkin along the streets he gotta watch his back. *lol*

rummy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rummy » March 15th, 2006, 7:09 am

Nigga no. Nigger yes

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 15th, 2006, 9:33 am

some of you talkking about "race" and what a "Puerto Rican is" are really ignorant...

1 RACE DOES NOT MEAN EVERYONE IN THAT RACE IS THE SAME

Do you think every boricuan has black blood? or white blood? or native blood?

Or the same mix of each?

I know some Mexicans that are all white, as in you can trace them from Spain and prove there's not native in them, and I think it's like that for a lot of latinos. And vice versa, there are some without any white. Or some with all black and some with no black.

People forget individuals are all different

They did a study of "white" blood in the U.S.

Almost all "white" Americans had around 1/32 ratio of native blood in them. Especially the ones who could "trace themselves from the Mayflower" and stuff - in general the longer they were here, the more mixed blood they had.

Which is why if you want to claim Native-ness and benefits from the tribe or the U.S. or anything, you need to take a blood test and pass a certain percentage of Indian bloods

^That's available to anyone, including Mexicans and "hispanics" so if you think you have enough Indian blood in you - hey free money!

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 15th, 2006, 10:35 am

No one has time to get down to specifics. So they just say puerto ricans, with a certain kind of puerto rican implied.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 15th, 2006, 11:14 am

perongregory wrote:No one has time to get down to specifics. So they just say puerto ricans, with a certain kind of puerto rican implied.
Okay, fat joe is "white" puerto rican

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 15th, 2006, 1:37 pm

fat joe doesn't look white, he looks like a mestizo.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » March 15th, 2006, 2:40 pm

rummy wrote:Nigga no. Nigger yes
why would you bring up such an old and useless topic to say something that means nothing to the thread? honestly, are retarded. bumping a year old thread to say "nigga no. nigger yes"

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » March 15th, 2006, 4:29 pm

Fat Joe is just light skinned but he definitely has black in him.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 15th, 2006, 5:06 pm

yea,Fat Joe most def has black blood,you can see it in his lips and facial structure.If one didnt know,they would assume he was just a light skinned black man.