Blood Alley Gang

Many neighborhoods can not maintain themselves with the level of competition. They may get pulled into other neighborhoods or they just fade out. Only discuss those areas from LOS ANGELES that are gone.
DiaBo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Blood Alley Gang

Unread post by DiaBo » March 6th, 2005, 4:46 pm

Did this first blood gang start in 1958?

Who was the o.gs who started?

How deep and activite they were back in the days?

Word
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Blood Alley Gang

Unread post by Word » March 6th, 2005, 5:57 pm

I thought the first Blood Gang Name was in in 1972

zip3ace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by zip3ace » March 7th, 2005, 10:51 am

u should ask Madd Ronald... he may be able to tell you. From my understanding, they werent Blood. The gang was named after a nick name of an alley were some bodies were found chopped up or something. So the gang took their name from that. They gone later evolved into Neighborhoods then Rollin 20's. However, Madd Ronald said that the reason the 20's klaimed Blood rather than crip was because of their grandfather gang... Blood Alley. They decided to keep with tradition.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » March 8th, 2005, 7:10 pm

^^^^
hes touched on it in his posts..

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » March 8th, 2005, 9:59 pm

zip3ace wrote:u should ask Madd Ronald... he may be able to tell you. From my understanding, they werent Blood. The gang was named after a nick name of an alley were some bodies were found chopped up or something. So the gang took their name from that. They gone later evolved into Neighborhoods then Rollin 20's. However, Madd Ronald said that the reason the 20's klaimed Blood rather than crip was because of their grandfather gang... Blood Alley. They decided to keep with tradition.
you are correct. They started in the late 1950s, but not sure of the exact year. They were located on Cordova Avenue off Budlong before the 10 freeway was built.

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » March 9th, 2005, 2:20 pm

alonso wrote:
zip3ace wrote:u should ask Madd Ronald... he may be able to tell you. From my understanding, they werent Blood. The gang was named after a nick name of an alley were some bodies were found chopped up or something. So the gang took their name from that. They gone later evolved into Neighborhoods then Rollin 20's. However, Madd Ronald said that the reason the 20's klaimed Blood rather than crip was because of their grandfather gang... Blood Alley. They decided to keep with tradition.
you are correct. They started in the late 1950s, but not sure of the exact year. They were located on Cordova Avenue off Budlong before the 10 freeway was built.
*Did they sport the color "red." I heard the Devil Hunters did.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » March 9th, 2005, 11:45 pm

TheReal wrote:
alonso wrote:
cant say for sure, but i doubt it, because the importance of red and blue didn't come until about 1972 or 1973. But maybe they did where red, but if they did, it didnt mean the same thing as it does today.

TheReal
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TheReal » March 10th, 2005, 6:49 am

alonso wrote:
TheReal wrote:
alonso wrote:
cant say for sure, but i doubt it, because the importance of red and blue didn't come until about 1972 or 1973. But maybe they did where red, but if they did, it didnt mean the same thing as it does today.
*It's interesting, because I remember in 1997, my friend's grandfather was telling me how he use to run with the "Devil Hunters." At first I thought he was lying, seeing as how he once was in the Nation of Islam, so I felt that his term "Devil Hunters," was an esoteric way of him admitting to his membership in the Nation, or at the very least, the core mission of the Nation, which is to "hunt" "devils." See what I mean?

Well anyway, this cat was on some old generational warfare tip, when he said that younger gangs (he was referring to black gangs) don't know squat about originality, seeing as how his outfit (The Devil Hunters) sported the color "red" as a gang identifier, way before the bloods. Mind you, he didn't have any photographs, or whatnot, neither did I ask, because as was implied before, I felt that he was somewhat making this up. HOWEVER, when I came to this site, and saw the "Devil Hunters" listed as a bonafide gang, that really did exist, I now regret the fact that I didn't get more info from this old guy.

You see, he died in 1999 from prostate cancer, and his family really can't provide too much information, or wont, when it comes to his past, but I do know that he was one of the cats indicted (he was later released; so he says) during the Ronald Stokes case in 1960, where the cops raided a Nation of Islam mosque, and shot up some FOI.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » March 13th, 2011, 8:50 pm

DiaBo wrote:Did this first blood gang start in 1958?

Another important point is that it would be misleading to call this gang a "Blood" gang in the sense of the current Bloods. Even though they called themselves Blood alley, it was a common term that black folks used to greet each other before the Blood gangs emerged during the 1970s, so I would not call "Blood Alley" a Blood gang, because those labels didnt exist then.

H572DSTA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by H572DSTA » March 14th, 2011, 6:31 am

alexalonso wrote:
DiaBo wrote:Did this first blood gang start in 1958?

Another important point is that it would be misleading to call this gang a "Blood" gang in the sense of the current Bloods. Even though they called themselves Blood alley, it was a common term that black folks used to greet each other before the Blood gangs emerged during the 1970s, so I would not call "Blood Alley" a Blood gang, because those labels didnt exist then.
the term blood alley wasnt created because blacks call eachother blood

they called a certain street in that hood the blood alley because a double murder happend over there...so they called they gang blood alley

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » March 14th, 2011, 11:47 pm

OK, didnt know that, but I just want people to know that they were NOT Blood members as most people understand it. Why they called it Blood alley I didnt know. Would you happen to know what year the killings happened? I would like to find a story on these killings if possible.

H572DSTA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by H572DSTA » March 15th, 2011, 6:08 am

alexalonso wrote:OK, didnt know that, but I just want people to know that they were NOT Blood members as most people understand it. Why they called it Blood alley I didnt know. Would you happen to know what year the killings happened? I would like to find a story on these killings if possible.
yeah thats true....

i was loccked up with a older blood from that area...and i asked him if they started as blood alley, he said naw

he said they got started as a car club in the early 70s and became bloods in 74 and Rollin 20s in 76

he said some of them piccked up that blood alley story so they got a bigger history....but the blood alley gang existed in the 50s and there is no connection to the NHB's exept they share the same neighborhood

but naw i dont know when this happend

AdamsndNormandy

Unread post by AdamsndNormandy » October 25th, 2014, 7:14 pm

Blood Alley that's some OG stuff foreal this gang was always spoke up on in the 20s and from my knowledge the 20s branched off blood alley. The Blood Alley may have not been like the modern day bloods which we know of but some the original members played a big role and had a lot of influence on the ygs in the area which are the OGs of 20s. I always knew about several car clubs in the 20s from then to now but didn't know that was in their origins my uncle told me it was NEIGHBORHOOD in 71 and they formed from influence that the blood alley had on them.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » November 18th, 2014, 3:29 pm

I don't think those early gangs repped with color. It wasn't part of their style.

Slausons
theslausons.png
theslausons.png (185.33 KiB) Viewed 12275 times
Here's a map of the those old black gangs with a couple of non-black gangs thrown in:
imagesW3RCPMCK.jpg
imagesW3RCPMCK.jpg (18.13 KiB) Viewed 12275 times

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » November 21st, 2014, 7:30 am

amazing map i thought boot hill was park village but the og boot hill is west l.a ..also how come there is ross snyder park boys when its 38 street gang who was responsible for sleepy lagoon murder so more old school than that map

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 10th, 2014, 4:40 pm

Silencioso wrote:I don't think those early gangs repped with color. It wasn't part of their style.

Slausons
theslausons.png
Here's a map of the those old black gangs with a couple of non-black gangs thrown in:
imagesW3RCPMCK.jpg

Is it possible to see a larger sample of that map?

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Lazy Angeles

Unread post by VictoriousHTZ » September 24th, 2015, 11:06 am

Now this African Oriental gang..did they claim Oriental in a sense like Wut Tang Clan? :D