kid frost vs. cypress hill (early 90's beef)

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
PS1979
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

kid frost vs. cypress hill (early 90's beef)

Unread post by PS1979 » March 6th, 2005, 8:16 pm

i remember back in the day, around 92-93....cypress had serious beef with frost. B-real was quoted in a source mag from 93 that kid frost "represented for the raza" way to much, and for that he would never go anywhere i.e. record sales, popularity, fans etc....
B-real also said something like while he and cypress tour the entire world and sell millions of records by headlining at alternative concerts and doing shows with a rock theme to cater to white kids musical tastes...frost would still be "performing for La Raza, going nowhere".

This shit is kinda ironic, being that a few years later on cypress would somewhat alter their image to hardcore East LA cholos rollin with cats like pyscho realm and deliquent habits....using aztec decor on their album covers and claim to be "holdin it down for the brown to the fullest".

shit makes me laugh, somewhere along the line they had a change of hurt.....but caused all that old beef between frost and cypress?!?!

Skillz
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: kid frost vs. cypress hill (early 90's beef)

Unread post by Skillz » March 6th, 2005, 8:30 pm

I see it this way, both Frost and Cypress hill represented "La Raza" at some point, but to me Fros t was more real. Cypress were the type of dudes who were more into the weed scene then reppin' yourself, people, and your hood.

Panik
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Panik » March 7th, 2005, 9:17 am

not only that, cypress hill claim blood, and they ain't mexican, so they got nothin to do with eses period.

CARDENAS
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by CARDENAS » March 8th, 2005, 5:40 pm

Panik wrote:not only that, cypress hill claim blood, and they ain't mexican, so they got nothin to do with eses period.

B-Real Claims he's Half mex

fistfullofboomstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fistfullofboomstick » March 8th, 2005, 6:12 pm

they are cuban arent they

PS1979
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PS1979 » March 8th, 2005, 9:28 pm

b-reals half mexican half cuban....sen's a straight cuban, muggs an italian.

coulda fooled me though, I mean they dress like some straight cholos, have aztec inspired tats all over their bodies and album covers, roll low-lows, rap in calo occasionally and reside in East Los.....
their whole image is pure LA cholo......they wouldnt be shit either if their whole chicano audience stopped listening to them, LMAO chicanos are the only ones still buying their garbage.....
the hell is with all that wack rock shit??!?!

fistfullofboomstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fistfullofboomstick » March 8th, 2005, 9:31 pm

theres this crazy drunk in my neighborhood that to me looks just like b real LOL its kinda jokes